• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Big time. quite frustrating buying in Sterling though as a smackdown in every other currency could still keep it at record £ levels.

Agreed.

Possibly a wrong decision, but I just cashed in a small piece of my gold profit with a view to buying back when its price in GBP falls. Nothing after all goes up in a straight line (even gold vs. the pound). With the run we’ve had I figure sterling is due a small rally against gold soon. Hopefully, I’ll be able to buy back in at a lower level.

Agreed.

Possibly a wrong decision, but I just cashed in a small piece of my gold profit with a view to buying back when its price in GBP falls. Nothing after all goes up in a straight line (even gold vs. the pound). With the run we’ve had I figure sterling is due a small rally against gold soon. Hopefully, I’ll be able to buy back in at a lower level.

Worth exchanging into $ on GM and buying in $ at the next dip? Not something I've done before but am considering it now.

Wow! Platinum is now cheaper than gold! :rolleyes:

Platinum: 824

imo platinum will continue to get cheaper in comparison to gold.

Typical. My first platinum coin arrived just today. :D

It's a nice-looking Isle of Man Noble with the neat Viking ship.

first quote from wren, not sure how you do double quotes.

"Typical. My first platinum coin arrived just today.

It's a nice-looking Isle of Man Noble with the neat Viking ship."

Excuse the ignorance but where'd you get it?

Yes, I am also wondering where to get some platinum, physical of course, any recommendations would be great.

Hey guys,

My parents sold their house to rent in 2006 and have some of their saving in Euro's but the majority in £'s.

I'm really concerned that their savings are being eroded away.

100% guaranteed.

Do you think it's still worth trying to get them to put 10% of their money into gold?

Absolutely. Average slowly in, so that they get used to the volatility. The immense money printing has staved off the immediate collapse, and a hyper-inflation has a lengthy incubation time. So, as long as the sheeple still think that the paper is worth something, you have some time left to buy the real stuff.

Here's a response from James Turk.

This comment reflects I think Professor Fekete's lack of business experience. There is no temptation "to default" in well run businesses. That is not how businesses are operated, and one would think that even a college professor would understand this basic rationale. Namely, well-run businesses focus on the long-term and aim solely to serve customer needs, not to steal from customers. I am surprised that Professor Fekete would think otherwise.

Regards

James

Wholeheartedly agree with this. Fekete is a hardcore goldbug, but he also is a theorist.

Worth exchanging into $ on GM and buying in $ at the next dip? Not something I've done before but am considering it now.

You mean the dip from $1,500 to $1,350?

Yes, why not? Sell now, wait until it goes to $1,500, and then buy the dip at $1,350.

No problem.

first quote from wren, not sure how you do double quotes.

"Typical. My first platinum coin arrived just today.

It's a nice-looking Isle of Man Noble with the neat Viking ship."

Yes, I am also wondering where to get some platinum, physical of course, any recommendations would be great.

CID have them

http://www.coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=11&id=292

EDIT:

Click QUOTE on all the posts you want to quote and then click ADD REPLY at the bottom of the page

I too am interested in platinum coins, but I really really do not want to give Gordon Brown 15% of my hard earned savings.

I'm probably going for Goldmoney silver with my next purchase, there is only so much bullion you can keep in the house and not worry about when away or at work!

If you.ve got a garden, time for some midnight gardening ?

CID have them

http://www.coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=11&id=292

EDIT:

Click QUOTE on all the posts you want to quote and then click ADD REPLY at the bottom of the page

Great thanks....magic....this internet stuff is amazing.

Thanks.......you can see another thanks on post No7 ;)

I too am interested in platinum coins, but I really really do not want to give Gordon Brown 15% of my hard earned savings.

Yes the VAT is a pain. I had to pay 19% (Finland).

I ordered it from CoinInvestDirect (somebody posted the link a few posts up).

Any UK people who want to buy one note that you can get 15% (instead of 19%) but you need to contact them for 15%, I think.

Nice coin. It was the design which persuaded me plus of course platinum is a lot cheaper than before. My first platinum coin.