That still leaves unfixed the problem of idiosyncratic moderation

Yer, I still have not got my freedom of speech there. What he says is not true. He is trying to explain and justify their behavior rather than apologize for it and put right the wrongs.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

As I have said before, only a reverse osmosis water filtration system will remove fluorides. You cannot remove fluorides by carbon, ceramic, or any other filtration system. In fact fluorides cannot be removed by evaporation, freezing or boiling.

This company do reverse osmosis and ceramic/carbon etc. The filters appear to remove more than the reverse osmosis - according to their tick list. Would value your opinion on this. Also does reverse osmosis remove beneficial minerals.

hoping for more of a correction in silver before I buy some more.

freshwaterfilter.com

That still leaves unfixed the problem of idiosyncratic moderation

Absolutely - even more irritating are posters who claim not to be moderators and make barbed little comments about Gold enthusiasts, but behave like one the moment it suits them.

No prizes for guessing who I am talking about.

Edit: Look at his posts on this thread. What an uppity little man.

I went ahead and bought some coins from coininvestdirect on Friday, so will keep you posted with the progress - thanks to those who replied to my query.

by the way, I am not CTT!! just some nobody hpc poster who wants to keep his anonymity! I should have just kept my trap shut about hpc from the start!

I have seen this B.I.N deal on ebay, what do people think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-oz-Gold-Krugerran...1QQcmdZViewItem

I can recommend user "thecoinhouse", I bought from him last year and he provided a great service. He always seems to have a supply of "Isle of Man Cat" coins. Which is rather unusual.

It appears to be a good deal, 8 x 1oz and 4 x 1/2oz fractional coins. Im waiting at the moment for a summer dip, I think there will be a huge battle at $1000, gold isnt going to cross that barrier and hold it as easy as it crossed $800 and $900.

This company do reverse osmosis and ceramic/carbon etc. The filters appear to remove more than the reverse osmosis - according to their tick list. Would value your opinion on this. Also does reverse osmosis remove beneficial minerals.

hoping for more of a correction in silver before I buy some more.

freshwaterfilter.com

I have researched this subject to death about a year ago and came to conclusion that a six stage filtration system with reverse osmosis filter was the way to go. When I bought my system the rep from the shop said this unnecessary and over the top, he also said that he would have to special order it for me, which he did. He now stocks the system as standard as the demand has increased. Reverse osmosis removes all minerals so you should take a daily vitamin/mineral table, which I do when I can remember to. I don't know how the ceramic/carbon filers are able to remove more that the RO filter, I've never heard that before, so I will have to check on it.

As for protecting the environment - please excuse me while I fall of my chair laughing. Are they going to ban the masses from their annual pilgrimage to Malaga in search of booze and sun in order to save the planet? It is all spin and lies, and a few quid to protect your family from forced medication is money well spent.

I have researched this subject to death about a year ago and came to conclusion that a six stage filtration system with reverse osmosis filter was the way to go. When I bought my system the rep from the shop said this unnecessary and over the top, he also said that he would have to special order it for me, which he did. He now stocks the system as standard as the demand has increased. Reverse osmosis removes all minerals so you should take a daily vitamin/mineral table, which I do when I can remember to. I don't know how the ceramic/carbon filers are able to remove more that the RO filter, I've never heard that before, so I will have to check on it.

As for protecting the environment - please excuse me while I fall of my chair laughing. Are they going to ban the masses from their annual pilgrimage to Malaga in search of booze and sun in order to save the planet? It is all spin and lies, and a few quid to protect your family from forced medication is money well spent.

Apologies for continuing this completely off-topic discussion for anyone not interested.

Could you post a link to this uber filtration system, please?

Also do you know if simply boiling water removes/destroys oestrogen and synthetic hormones from drinking water?

Nice move UP in Gold and Stocks today.

The yen must be weaker

It is all spin and lies, and a few quid to protect your family from forced medication is money well spent.

So... donning my "naive cap" for a moment. Why does the government want to medicate us all with fluorine / fluoride?

I remember from GCSE science that the stuff's horrible and will kill you in an instant ... but that it has uses in preventing tooth decay.

WTF would they put it in the water supply if it's already in toothpaste?

Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of Flouridation and the link to ill health and cancer.

I have followed my nose on this subject for an hour or so and found this link, this is the most reputable/scientific information I could find and well worth 30 mins of your time.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...h&plindex=0

Regarding flouride, I have avoided it by using non flouride tooth paste but now they want to poison the water in UK with it. If they do that then im refusing to pay water bills and have to buy bottled water or get it from a bore hole.

Have you seen Alex Jones' new rant about fluoride? Don't get me wrong, I quite like the guy and what he does, but I think hes lost it. Maybe the fluoride got to him.

Check it out.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/march...8_c_censors.htm

So... donning my "naive cap" for a moment. Why does the government want to medicate us all with fluorine / fluoride?

I remember from GCSE science that the stuff's horrible and will kill you in an instant ... but that it has uses in preventing tooth decay.

WTF would they put it in the water supply if it's already in toothpaste?

For the same reason Thatcher wanted to Flourinate the water in Northern Ireland.

Apologies for continuing this completely off-topic discussion for anyone not interested.

Could you post a link to this uber filtration system, please?

Also do you know if simply boiling water removes/destroys oestrogen and synthetic hormones from drinking water?

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Stage-Reverse-Osmosi...1QQcmdZViewItem

6 Stages of filtration:

1. 5 Micron Sediment Filter to remove larger particles, dirt, sand, and other suspended materials

2. Pre-Carbon filtration removes Chlorine, Pesticides, Herbicides, bad taste & odor

3. Carbon filtration removes additional Chlorine, Pesticides, Herbicides, bad taste & odor

4. Dry 50 GPD RO Membrane removes particles down to 1/10,000 of a micron

5. Polishing GAC Post filter for a sweeter taste

6. UV Sterilizer to protect from any microbiological organisms such as bacteria, viruses, mold, algae, fungi, etc.

And no, boiling, freezing, or evaporating does not remove the nasty chemicals. Also, the US ADA society is telling mothers not to use tap water for baby formula. Protect your family - filters are cheap.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_3351.cfm

To prevent tooth damage, the American Dental Association (ADA) warned its members that fluoridated water should not be mixed into concentrated formula or foods intended for babies one year and younger, in a November 9th ADA e-mail alert.

... despite last weeks upper $990+ price, this week has started of with gold down to $970 Yet it is acually in an even better position than last week when you measure it against the Dow. Currently the ratio is 12.1 to 1 ounce of gold I think we could easily see 10 to 1 by the end of the year.

Bringing this thread back On Topic, can I ask why the Dow to Gold ratio is significant?

Surely if the Dow goes down further than Gold goes down, then yes, the ratio narrows, but both have still fallen, so what's the big deal?

Isn't the idea to make money by Gold going up in value?

Bringing this thread back On Topic, can I ask why the Dow to Gold ratio is significant?

Surely if the Dow goes down further than Gold goes down, then yes, the ratio narrows, but both have still fallen, so what's the big deal?

Isn't the idea to make money by Gold going up in value?

The DOW/Gold ratio is really a important ratio which goes through longterm cycles:

Longtermdowgoldlogtr1800.png

Rather than "making money" in nominal terms, my hope is to make money in real terms by holding real, yet at present undervalued money (gold and its handmaiden, silver).

The cost of houses in ounces of gold is another great ratio (see link below). It's like comparing like with like, e.g. an ounce of gold (real stuff) versus a house (real stuff) rather than versus $US (a paper promise). The DOW serves as a rough proxy of the value of the US economy, I suppose.

The link in GF's signature goes to this page of interesting ratios:

http://gold.approximity.com/gold_charts.html

The DOW/Gold ratio is really a important ratio which goes through longterm cycles:

Longtermdowgoldlogtr1800.png

So, presumably, when this graph hits its next trough (or a little before), would be the end of gold's bull run, and the dawn of a new era where, once again, even money carelessly invested in stocks will do reasonably well?

Woah, hell of a rebound on the dollar. Anyone know what just caused it?

Gold building a nice base here between 960 and 990, a little consolidation here will be good as the next of round of rate cuts should catapult us beyond 1K. The ratio of oil/gold is well below 10 now - which is buy for gold in my book.

Also, this morning on CNBC some guy from Kitco was bad mouthing Gold, which he claims has topped because of the twice failed attempts at 1,000. I think his name was Nader. The gold pool on Kitco must be in the red for him to say this, as Kitco sells gold!

Oh, I just noticed that HPC has graciously opened up its legendary Gold thread, which by the way had more views and posts than any other thread by far. The mod has now claimed that the main forum is not for economic or metal threads, which is strange because a coursery glance indicates that over 50% of the threads on the main forum are indeed economic in nature and vaguely relevant to houses in the UK, or anywhere else in the world. I would point this out to the mod directly on HPC, who obviously can't spend much of his time on the main forum, but my account has been de-activated for wanting to leave.

Also, this morning on CNBC some guy from Kitco was bad mouthing Gold, which he claims has topped because of the twice failed attempts at 1,000. I think his name was Nader. The gold pool on Kitco must be in the red for him to say this, as Kitco sells gold!

Do you mean John Nadler by any chance? He is the senior gold analyst at Kitco, which I find hilarious because he is an outrageous gold bear. I doubt the Kitco forums will be too mad at him for badmouthing gold, because his reputation is already effectively mud and no-one with any sense actually listens to him.

I listen to him though. He is my most accurate contrary indicator. Over the past two months he has been uncannily accurate at making the wrong call. Every time he calls for a correction gold moves explosively higher within days. Similarly, every time he turns bullish, gold consolidates or corrects.

He seems to follow the mainstream maxim - buy high and sell low. If he's gone mega bear again it comforts me massively. As Goldfinger says 'BEST gold analyst EVER'.