• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but what accounts for the difference between the price of gold as sold by a mine (as published in the income statement) and spot price?

Is there an obligatory intermediary step to make it investment grade, perhaps processing at the local mint?

Looks like we will not be going to sleep tonight...

Need to stay awake especially at 10,11 and 12 tonight!

If 740 does not hold - I will need a change of pants (at least until retest at 715)....

Looks like $740 has been broken - gulp!

To quote the clash: Should i stay or should i go?

If 740 does not hold - I will need a change of pants (at least until retest at 715)....

Looks like you need some new pants. Good old British pound is all I can say. Id be stuffed if it wasnt for the weakness of the pound.

This is all about dollar strength right? And recession fears for commodities.

So when the dollar falls gold will strengthen. Do we think that commodities will rebound on inflation even in a global recession?

If it hold around this level 732-736 it could be a good trade until circa $830....then you can get more new pants

So this deleveraging thingy, how come its only good for the dollar? Did no one leverage in GBP, EUR or JPY?

When you own the USD fiat money pump (aka Head Office), you get special treatment from the branch offices...

1 - Borrowed money in JPY, 2 - Bought stuff priced in USD (aka reserve currency), 3 - Repeat 1 & 2 while feeling lucky, 4 - luck runs out, now selling everything in USD...USD getting stronger...everything else getting weaker...everybody will be poorer...

Ohh - fogot to say not EVERYBODY will be poorer - those with connections to families that have their hand on the fiat money pump will be ok...

so 99% of us without silver spoons in our mouths are f**ed...

sorry - don't know what else to say...

So this deleveraging thingy, how come its only good for the dollar? Did no one leverage in GBP, EUR or JPY?

I think you'll find JPY is even stronger than the dollar.

Japan and the US have had very low interest rates for the past several years so people borrow from there and invest it in another country with higher, but still safe yields.

When JPY and USD get stronger, however, you lose money.