And Bush says 'nothing'.

And, it seems, the markets respond to the fact he said nothing...

It's pretty funny. I'm listening to BBC News 24 in the background, and they're saying:

"The DOW fell off a cliff to begin with, but it's rebounded and is looking a bit stronger now -- maybe in response to Bush's speech."

From where I'm sitting, the DOW was recovering nicely (and even went positive briefly) UNTIL Bush's speech! :lol:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

That is US inventories, you would need to compare this to every other consuming country's inventories. The US are consuming less, there can be little doubt, but is this drop in consumption being offset by emerging countries increase?

exactly , US consumes around 25% (???) of the global consumption, so, as prices go lower, consumption increases in the other sides of the globe, specially undeveloped ones, increasing demand. Also oil extractors will be cutting production if it is not profitable for them, so i believe this inventory report dates are rather used by traders as trend begin/end points for pricing more stronger fundamental moves like 'deflation', 'peak oil' , 'falling dollar' and etc...

Europacific Capital are expecting a fall in the price of Gold in the short term, at least in terms of $

Congress Charges Commission

"Conservative investors should maintain a core holding of hard currency treasury bonds and gold. In addition, they should accumulate further gold holdings on major recession-induced price dips and await, with some sense of comfort, the ultimate collapse of paper currencies."

http://www.europac.net/

DP

Is Gold still playing that "Anti-Dow" trick? ... It shot up just as the Dow shot down.

Part of me wants to "do an Azazel" :) ... I smell a smackdown (either market or PPT-induced) around the corner.

But then again, it could be an "it's different this time" moment.

Where's Ker when you need him?! :)

Oh MAN why don't I go with my instincts?!!?!?!?

I sold a lot of Gold and Silver at very good prices last night. That spike had "unsustainable" written all over it and we'd had a good week.

Then this morning I gave in to the uber-bull mentality and went and bloomin bought it all back (and more) ... What a complete and utter tool!! I feel like I've been skinned alive. :(

:lol: Nice plunge. These utter idiots, I am now able to buy even more!!

I think they simply had to knock the crap out of it before the weekend flight out of the stock / bond market. I mean who on earth would want to be long stocks or bonds this weekend? They expect an equities sell off this afternoon, i think..

Perhaps the IMF is selling some?

Im not sure how to read your reply.. if its meant in a slightly sarcastic way then I fail to see how this could be classed as 'unfair' manipulation, which is sometimes the feeling I get when reading alot of posts about the POG dropping (Not that you have suggested this at all). If they have it and they want to sell it isn't that fair game?

I like a fair challenge, as long as no dirty tricks like naked shorting or whatever are being employed, and price drops are accompanied by a real surge in physical volume, then its all part of the fun :)

OMG, look at this...

dislocations becoming extreme.

EDITed image for clarity..

Maybe a time delay in real-time chart. Weird that it's so much lower.

The USD spread in Zurich is weird - just 8 dollars per kilo

Strange variation between vaults and currencies. The euro spreads look fairly normal in all 3 vaults.

Today looks like a classic midday smackdown.

smackdown.jpg

It becomes patently clear to me that I don't understand any of this.

I thought I was starting to see patterns emerging, but none of it makes any sense.

And as for silver... It has the reputation of being volatile, but this isn't volatility... It'd have to go up sometimes for it to be volatility.

The various NS&I savings vehicles are looking more appealing all the time... :(