• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Is anyone buying before the $700B bill has another chance later this week, or are people sitting tight for the moment? It could be seen as a win/win situation for gold IMO, but experience tells me if the markets rally then gold gets a good kick in. What are people expecting?

I bought last week... I'd rather have it than go looking for it.!

Just a little reminder of the long-term view.

This is on a log scale, so you can see the long-term growth properly.

Compare the 70s with now.

And we are still nicely on track.

GoldUS_080220_10000_prediction_log2.gif

Hmm...nice but since gold has been over $1000 (albeit rather briefly) it would appear this graph needs updating?

http://apmexdealer.blogspot.com/

At APMEX, we all but SOLD OUT on just about anything and everything we can get our hands on. We continually scour our resources to meet consumer demand, but as soon as we load the products on the site it sells out – many times within a few hours.

This is a must read. Loads of very interesting charts.

It looks like people have been buying :D

Got Gold Report – Gold, Silver Demand White Hot

By Gene Arensberg

29 Sep 2008 at 02:11 PM GMT-04:00

Demand for gold and silver ETFs is transmitting a signal to the paper-contract-dominated spot bullion markets.

http://www.resourceinvestor.com/pebble.asp?relid=46521

Any idea what this will do to Au?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

``A globally coordinated rate cut is an option that would be appropriate under the circumstances,'' said Brian Bethune, chief U.S. financial economist at Lexington, Massachusetts-based Global Insight, who says a 50 or 75 basis point cut is possible. ``You get a crisis like this, and the Fed has to move.''

Is anyone buying before the $700B bill has another chance later this week, or are people sitting tight for the moment? It could be seen as a win/win situation for gold IMO, but experience tells me if the markets rally then gold gets a good kick in. What are people expecting?

I bought some krugers this afternoon. ATS out of stock of everything other than Krugers - and looking at their sign-in book they've had a very very very busy day...

how much did you pay for the Krugers Bosworth?

£540. Happy to have paid slightly over the odds to take delivery today. Equally happy to rideout a 20% fall if the markets rally. But NOT HAPPY to find myself out of the market when I truly need it. That point feels soon so I'm in... Risks to the downside are trivial compared to the upside, IMHO.

I bought some krugers this afternoon. ATS out of stock of everything other than Krugers - and looking at their sign-in book they've had a very very very busy day...

I ve never been in there - sign in book? Like a hotel or Bed and breakfast you mean, where you can leave a comment?

Why was it busy? The FTSE roared today! I <_<