• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

What if.....they let the stock market crash today. When it hits 1000pts down, they'll reduce interest rates to zero, go back to congress and ask again.

Of course, this is a fantasy scenario!

Actually sounds like a negotiating strategy.. along with WaMu going to the wall, Ambac going down etc.

Nick

I agree, and generally felt the bail out was a very distasteful but necessary step. But now its getting ridiculous... They're apparently now extending the plan to give money not only to Walt St but also to Main St.

........./..........

In short: Wake up America - there is no such thing as a free lunch!

The US can't buy its way out of it debt mess without being realistic about where that bail out money is coming from, and what major downside there are in getting their hands on that money

I think America might be waking up bigt

Yesterday, I thought this was a done deal, but there are some very vocal members of congress now such as Paul, Kaptur and McCotter all making a stand.

Maybe this is brinkmanship politics but I'm not so sure: my faith in the American political system has changed some what over the last week.

just supposing that this deal does not go through - I agree with others here that we are looking at some volatility in the pog for a short while but it's safe haven status should prevail.

I will be quite happy to see the pog go down (albeit temporarily ;)) if it coincided with some of the sh1tbags that benefit from their own personal freebie toxic debt for cash exchange programme having to realize their losses (as well as many of their market fixing manipulative methods). Here's hoping.

just supposing that this deal does not go through - I agree with others here that we are looking at some volatility in the pog for a short while but it's safe haven status should prevail.

I will be quite happy to see the pog go down (albeit temporarily ;)) if it coincided with some of the sh1tbags that benefit from their own personal freebie toxic debt for cash exchange programme having to realize their losses (as well as many of their market fixing manipulative methods). Here's hoping.

It's too late for that, they've probably stashed many years of dispropotionate annual city bonuses in gold. The free markets determined that these were fair bonuses because they were seen to be very sucessfully performing critical roles in the economy.

D-Day has arrived! GS is only 627 contracts net short on TOCOM. We must be very close to a gold price explosion. They will probably want to get on the long side if they can but they have eliminated their exposure at least on the TOCOM. It is probably a matter of days, not weeks, months or years.

Cheers

Adrian

Bill,

ANOTHER NEW RECORD LOW GOLD SHORT POSITION IS ACHIEVED BY GOLDMAN SACHS ON TOCOM

In the September 24 session on the TOCOM Goldman Sachs COVERED 405 short contracts and bought 704 long contracts to bring their long position to 1,889 contracts and their net short position to 627 contracts. YES, THAT IS SIX HUNDRED AND TWENTY SEVEN CONTRACTS NET SHORT! This is the lowest net short position that Goldman Sachs has ever held in the 33 months that I have been keeping data.

Make no mistake about it THIS IS IT. We are within days of gold exploding. It is a time to forget about trading to make a few bucks and instead be properly positioned for lift off.

Midas_080926.gif

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showpost.ph...postcount=19374

D-Day has arrived! GS is only 627 contracts net short on TOCOM. We must be very close to a gold price explosion. They will probably want to get on the long side if they can but they have eliminated their exposure at least on the TOCOM. It is probably a matter of days, not weeks, months or years.

Cheers

Adrian

Bill,

ANOTHER NEW RECORD LOW GOLD SHORT POSITION IS ACHIEVED BY GOLDMAN SACHS ON TOCOM

In the September 24 session on the TOCOM Goldman Sachs COVERED 405 short contracts and bought 704 long contracts to bring their long position to 1,889 contracts and their net short position to 627 contracts. YES, THAT IS SIX HUNDRED AND TWENTY SEVEN CONTRACTS NET SHORT! This is the lowest net short position that Goldman Sachs has ever held in the 33 months that I have been keeping data.

Make no mistake about it THIS IS IT. We are within days of gold exploding. It is a time to forget about trading to make a few bucks and instead be properly positioned for lift off.

Midas_080926.gif

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showpost.ph...postcount=19374

who's the actual source for this?