• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I reckon that more the half the people on this site now and to be, will shit their underpants and bail out long before the the end of this gold bull.

Just my opinion, of couse.

:lol:

Nahhh.... not me.. I have already given up on the dollar. I don't give a rat's... about POG now. :)

It is no longer a credible measure of value.

Though I see what you mean. The market will act like drunken sailors on a ship of fools before this is all over. :lol:

If you haven't jumped ship, both economically and psychologically, get out now.

the pullback in gold have to be aligned with resistance points in other instruments:

EUR/USD: resistance: 1.4650

GBP/USD: resistance: 1.8500

OIL : resistance: 105

this means, we may go higher in gold from now, considering volatility, 910 can be easily reached. given that, we go for the lows , if 820 is broken, we go for the low of 9/11, which is 737

p.s.

nice webpage update!

The Bailout Plan- What it means for Gold and Treasury Bonds

Commodities / Credit Crisis 2008 Sep 20, 2008 - 08:55 PM

By: Clive_Maund

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article6371.html

Many investors in the Precious Metals sector are worried that the "bailout plan" announced yesterday will resolve the crisis with the effect that things will return to normal and gold and silver will as a result go into retreat once more. Nothing could be further than the truth. There are several important observations to make regarding the "bailout plan". The first is that it is obviously born out of desperation.

The big danger now is that the T-Bond "gravy train" will come to a screeching halt. If that happens the United States as we know it is finished.

I think this is "it"

I don't know what 'it' you're referring to, but, after watching a short documentary on YouTube over the weekend about the 1929 stock market crash, which took a kind of day-by-day 'what the market did' view of the cusp of the crash, and then listening to the economics reporter (Adam Shaw) on BBC Radio 4 this morning trying to describe what the FTSE did this morning for the first hour, I did get a little chill.

It probably means nothing, of course, but I do have a sense this morning that some people may think that recent events are the landslide itself, whereas they may be more likely to be just the first few pebbles beginning to roll...

http://news.goldseek.com/RickAckerman/1222016400.php

Gold Bugs, Take Heed!

In the meantime, one barely mentioned aspect of the mega-bailout looks like the go-ahead that gold bugs have been waiting for. We are referring to a provision that would but taxpayer backing behind the money markets. We see this as the first explicit step the government has taken in the direction of hyperinflation. We wouldn’t have much noticed it ourselves, if not for an interview on Fox by Shephard Smith. He was talking on Friday with one of Fox’s cub reporters, a brainless blonde twit who seemed pretty impressed by the Government’s explicit promise to not let a single dollar invested in a money market fund go unreturned. “The government is actually guaranteeing that you can’t lose,” the brainless little twit said. When Smith pressed her for the source of the money to back up that promise, she drew an embarrassing blank. We can be absolutely certain that the news media’s understanding of this crisis will never rise above that of the brainless little blonde twit. And that can only spell opportunity for gold bugs, who understand with perfect clarity where the money would come from.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit to say, this guy has always been in the avowed deflationist camp.

I don't know what 'it' you're referring to, but, after watching a short documentary on YouTube over the weekend about the 1929 stock market crash, which took a kind of day-by-day 'what the market did' view of the cusp of the crash, and then listening to the economics reporter (Adam Shaw) on BBC Radio 4 this morning trying to describe what the FTSE did this morning for the first hour, I did get a little chill.

It probably means nothing, of course, but I do have a sense this morning that some people may think that recent events are the landslide itself, whereas they may be more likely to be just the first few pebbles beginning to roll...

After that build up you better have the link for that :D

Dollar May Get `Crushed' as Traders Weigh Up Bailout (Update3)

By Bo Nielsen and Anchalee Worrachate

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

The combination of spending $700 billion on soured mortgage-related assets and providing $400 billion to guarantee money-market mutual funds will boost U.S. borrowing as much as $1 trillion, according to Barclays Capital interest-rate strategist Michael Pond in New York. While the rescue may restore investor confidence to battered financial markets, traders will again focus on the twin budget and current-account deficits and negative real U.S. interest rates.

``As we get to the other side of this, the dollar will get crushed,'' said John Taylor, chairman of New York-based International Foreign Exchange Concepts Inc., the world's biggest currency hedge-fund firm, which manages about $15 billion.

I plan to bail out before the end of the bull run, but I expect it will be before rectal incontinence sets in.

Depending upon the currency, the eventual gold 'crash' when it comes might not be the pant-shitting event we're familiar with from the USD gold charts from around 1980: USD/GBP chart from World Gold Council website (already posted on another thread).

“It’s The End of the World as we Know it?”

September 21, 2008 – 8:28 pm

http://optionarmageddon.ml-implode.com/200...-as-we-know-it/

If the U.S. financial system relies on government funding to borrow, what will happen if the federal government’s creditors take a walk? Consider Argentina, which in 2002 devalued its currency to pay off a crushing debt burden. Foreign capital fled the country, the banking system collapsed, inflation hit 80 percent and unemployment reached 25 percent as the economy sank into a depression.

That could never happen here, argue some. The $10 trillion national debt is “only” 70 percent of GDP, leaving the government plenty of borrowing capacity. But that ignores $60 trillion of projected liabilities for Medicare and Social Security, according to economist John Williams.

What’s true of companies is true of countries: The more they borrow, the more they operate at the mercy of creditors. The more they borrow, the more violent their inevitable failure.

Under no scenario can Uncle Sam raise the trillions it needs to meet all these obligations. No tax rate is high enough, no discretionary spending cuts draconian enough. And there is no creditor of last resort for the U.S. Treasury. If default implies an Argentina-like scenario, that would leave us with only two options. The first is to print money; Mr. Williams says this would lead to “hyperinflation on the order of 1920s Germany.”

The other option is to eliminate Medicare and Social Security.

Is someone going to mention silver just passed $13 ?

Gold back up at $880.

Shouldn't they be going down if everything is fixed ?

And more importantly the Gold/Silver ratio continues to improve and is now down to 67. :)