• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

The big one would suggest a move to circa $200....it couldn't... :blink:

The wee inverted one is the one i have been watching after bubb called the bottom

No I think we would be looking more towards the $650 level imo. The PTB have handed my ass to me over the last few months. I've recommended friends and family to by gold who now must be thinking I'm a nut case.

With the elections coming soon, I wouldn't want to rule anything out and remain on the defensive side. I'm happy with my stash right now but will only look to seriously add more if the ugly chart plays out.

The charts look terrible, but understandable given deflation in assets, massive deleveraging and a flight to cash .... but the fundamentals are screaming louder than ever. With new nationalizations almost daily, the degradation of the dollar continues.... Deflation in assets may continue, but that will not prevent a currency crisis only hasten it.

Excuse the off topic, but can any interested parties tell me what the hell Norway has done so wrong compared ot the UK in the last week. GBPNOK rocketing too this afternoon. As far as i know Norway have massive surpluses through trading gas. Gas has increased 5% this afternoon as well :blink::blink:

the top in the dollar becomes official:

"Sept. 17 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Treasury said it will sell

bills to allow the Federal Reserve to expand its balance sheet,

a day after the government agreed to take over American

International Group Inc.

``The Treasury Department announced today the initiation of

a temporary Supplementary Financing Program at the request of

the Federal Reserve,'' the department said in a statement today.

``The program will consist of a series of Treasury bills, apart

from Treasury's current borrowing program.''

I saw that on ft.com

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/271257f2-83f1-11...?nclick_check=1

but it's from yesterday, updated today.

Is this monetisation?

Basically it implies the Fed is running out of funds. No worries, the Treasury can create the money by selling bills. Except this risks devaluing the dollar massively. Basically this is real money printing, very inflationary.

They're not broke. They can't be. They just announced re-enforced printing. Good luck, fiat holders of the world! :lol:

Same difference though isn't it. They've run out so they'll print some more. Thus devaluing all the existing dollars.

I have to admit today is looking more hyperinfltionary than deflationary. I linked earlier to a crazy story suggesting that the US govt might set up a fund to buy toxic securities and exchange them for cash. Which would also presumably have to go on the credit card bill, along with FMx2, AIG and all the rest.

See you up there!!!!

image002.jpg

+$50 intraday. Holy cr@p. I hope everyone has their physical safely tucked away. :lol:

Just be careful you don't jinx it with the rocket pictures. They have been a very good contrary indicator so far ;):P

Have to say that was impressive. If it breaks the last peak (about $840?) on volume, the chart would start to look good again, even to a skeptic like me.

Just be careful you don't jinx it with the rocket pictures. They have been a very good contrary indicator so far ;):P

Have to say that was impressive. If it breaks the last peak (about $840?) on volume, the chart would start to look good again, even to a skeptic like me.

This is not about charts. This is about a global financial meltup.

Wake up. Gold and tangibles are the only place to be. They can hold it down only for a very limited time. We've seen nothing yet.

Wake up. Gold and tangibles are the only place to be. They can hold it down only for a very limited time. We've seen nothing yet.

Well, I do not pretend to understand the fundamentals of gold (beyond physical demand), and I very much doubt that leap was due to physical demand - too quick.

But the charts seem quite readable, even to a novice like me. I prefer fundamental analysis, but it can't really be applied to gold, in the way I understand it (except for physical demand/supply).

You aren't wrong. This government is digging up everyone with a soothing voice to tell the sheep it's alright. There's nothing wrong. Meantime in desperation the government is ignoring competition and trading laws. We are run by a bunch of incompetent liars.

From Reuters:

"Gold climbs nearly 7 pct on safe haven buying, oil

Wed 17 Sep 2008, 13:56 GMT

LONDON (Reuters) - Gold rallied nearly 7 percent on Wednesday to a two-and-a-half-week high of $830.10 an ounce, as a wave of risk aversion triggered buying of the precious metal as a safe haven and oil prices climbed.

Traders say losses among investment banking stocks and doubts about the government's rescue of insurer American International Group have sparked a flight to safety.

AIG's share price was down 41.33 percent at 1451 GMT while spot gold was trading at $826.70/827.80 an ounce at 1451 GMT, up from its nominal New York close of $775.55 an ounce."