Do they trade on any US exchange?

Yes, symbol: PIMHF / weekly chart

You may want to check out a thread here on Playmates.

Be careful, there was a stock consolidation recently.

The stock is back under my cost now

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Friday, March 7, 2008

8:30 AM ET. Feb Employment

Non-Farm Payrolls (expected 0; previous -17K)

Unemployment Rate (expected 5%; previous 4.9%)

9:40 AM ET. Feb ECRI Inflation Gauge (previous 117.9)

3:00 PM ET. Jan Consumer Credit, in dollars

Consumer Credit Outstanding (expected 6B; previous 4.5B)

Big day for news. I wouldn't want to be in the DOW at the moment.

Woah. DOW just went below 12000. :)

SPX could be nearing an important low here

Weekly SPX ... update

bighj7.gif

I shall be watching the VIX on opening,

Does anyone knwo what Tom Obrien is saying about this move?

Things not making a lot of sense so far. I couldn't even see a glimmer of hope for the US in today's news, yet the DOW is steadying and the dollar is rising!

Unbelievable! How can anyone think the dollar is the best place to be? The news today virtually guarantees a 75 bps cut by the Fed, I suppose the dollar will rise after that as well, eh? :)

G0ldfinger/Steve Netwriter - why hold silver also?

Are you thinking that silver may rise more or quicker than gold - apologies if that is an old question.

Safebetter.

General consensus is that silver has more potential but is more risky.

There are some threads like that,

But perhaps I should start another one in honor of all the new members.

Is there enough interest here?

One post with a few good links (also to other threads) could help.

March 7 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. unexpectedly lost jobs in February for the second consecutive month, adding to evidence the economy is in a recession.

MORONS.

``All the lights are flashing red,'' said Nariman Behravesh, chief economist at Global Insight Inc. in Lexington, Massachusetts, in an interview with Bloomberg Television. ``We're in a recession. I don't think there is any doubt about it at this point.''

Minutes before the figures were released, the Fed said it will expand two short-term auctions this month to $100 billion, from $60 billion, to address ``heightened liquidity pressures'' in markets. Treasury notes surged and the dollar weakened after the employment figures.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

"Treasury notes surged and the dollar weakened after the employment figures."

But the dollar is rising! For absolutely no reason! How can the dollar be rising on news like that?? Is there anyone out there who can think for themselves anymore?????

I've noticed a few posters around who spreadbet on Gold and even Silver. I've got a question that is probably staggeringly daft - surely if you can put in fairly tight stops, you can keep placing bets until the market goes in the right direction and then coin it in? Is there some sort of compensator for when you have a tight stop in place that limits your potential winnings?

Not a gambling man myself.

IMO spreadbetting as a vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages. In a market you are expecting to move positively over the medium term (a la gold and silver) for me the advantages so far have outweighed the disadvantages. Tight stops are obviously tricky in a failry volatile instrument but for me there are other ways to play it. I have been meaning to try and explore this in more depth on the forums for a little while, but i'll post over on one of the spreadbetting forums shortly and post a link back here if anyone is interested.

"Treasury notes surged and the dollar weakened after the employment figures."

But the dollar is rising! For absolutely no reason! How can the dollar be rising on news like that?? Is there anyone out there who can think for themselves anymore?????

It's noise. I would ignore it. Maybe Japan or someone is buying.

Gold's volatility - love it. :)

It's noise. I would ignore it. Maybe Japan or someone is buying.

Gold's volatility - love it. :)

You're right, it's noise, but ridiculous noise nonetheless. I have no direct dollar or DOW position, although obviously they impact gold, but I just can't see how there has been any relief after today's news flow.

Let's face it, that news was dire, real 'game over' stuff for the US economy. To see the DOW steady and the dollar rise after that is just incredible and real proof that the markets are being manipulated by the PPT. No fair and free market would be reacting the way this market is.

Today has confirmed to me that going anywhere near the main indices is no better than gambling. Fundamentals just don't seem to apply (short term at least) and I dread to think how many average people are being suckered into these rigged arenas to be slaughtered by the corrupt actions of their own governments.

I've noticed recently poor performance from the Kitco.com site... Refreshing the gold, silver, platinum (and I'm sure other) charts often results in a connection failure and a retry being required.

Is this potentially a sign of more interest in PMs out there? ... or do I just have an unreliable Internet connection?

PPT hard at work on the DOW today. Why don't they just print up a few trillion and buy every single share on the index? :)

Indeed. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite as blatantly rigged as today's action. What amazes me is that people fall for it.

I've noticed recently poor performance from the Kitco.com site... Refreshing the gold, silver, platinum (and I'm sure other) charts often results in a connection failure and a retry being required.

Is this potentially a sign of more interest in PMs out there? ... or do I just have an unreliable Internet connection?

I have noticed the same, especially when America opens. So I don't think it your net connection.

Talking heads just on CNBC. A quick run down.......

Daniel Sillhart, LB Swiss

Gold runs in a 8 year cycle 1972 - 1980.......2001 - 2009 ??? Will the Bull die ?

The market expects a correction to $900 - $870 sometime in the next 4 weeks.

$1100 - 1150 target for 2009

Silver moves twice as much as gold.The $40 high manipulated in 80's

Expect a $24 dollar high this time.

Not my views but interesting to see what mainstream is pumping out. B)

To me this reads you better think twice before jumping into gold as your upside is minimal and short lived. If you are already in, it might be best to start thinking where the exits are.

IMHO......This of course allows the likes of Goldmans to buy it up when we have the big correction at the $1000 mark which will shake a lot of people out of the market. After that the rockets will really start :D:D

Buy and Hold :):)

The DOW just took another down leg below 12000. Based on what's happened so far today, the cynic in me says that this drop is just to suck in a few more unfortunates on the short side before the PPT MAKES the index close above 12000.

Gotta love those free markets. B)

The DOW just took another down leg below 12000. Based on what's happened so far today, the cynic in me says that this drop is just to suck in a few more unfortunates on the short side before the PPT MAKES the index close above 12000.

Gotta love those free markets. B)

Looks as if it's turning now. Soon we see wonderful leap up by 200 points. :D

I like RGLD below $30 ... see chart

Call options might be worth buying here