• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

After selling UK's gold at the lowest price for decades, the fat and incompetent world's best rogue trader, Gordon Brown, has decided to hi-jack the GOLD name for one of his cocker maimy schemes. I as a citizen object profusely:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/uk-t...3D811F094D82%7D

The proposed "gold standard" seal would be reserved for groups of mortgage-backed securities made up of loans that meet higher standards of creditworthiness and quality thresholds, the Financial Times reported Wednesday.

A good fiction writer couldn't make some of this stuff up himself.

What are peoples thoughts on pre 1947 50% Silver Bullion, shillings, sixpences, crowns etc

It really seems the cheapest way to buy silver bullion in the uk as you can always get it for spot or just under. There is also no chance of picking up some fake chinese bar of silver as its all easily recognisible english coinage. No VAT like britannias. eagles, maples etc.

Was wondering on what a refiner would give you for it. What are the costs to them to remove the 50% that isnt silver.

What are peoples thoughts on pre 1947 50% Silver Bullion, shillings, sixpences, crowns etc

It really seems the cheapest way to buy silver bullion in the uk as you can always get it for spot or just under. There is also no chance of picking up some fake chinese bar of silver as its all easily recognisible english coinage. No VAT like britannias. eagles, maples etc.

Was wondering on what a refiner would give you for it. What are the costs to them to remove the 50% that isnt silver.

Excellent idea. Also has a slight numismatic value to them.

After selling UK's gold at the lowest price for decades, the fat and incompetent world's best rogue trader, Gordon Brown, has decided to hi-jack the GOLD name for one of his cocker maimy schemes. I as a citizen object profusely:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/uk-t...3D811F094D82%7D

The proposed "gold standard" seal would be reserved for groups of mortgage-backed securities made up of loans that meet higher standards of creditworthiness and quality thresholds, the Financial Times reported Wednesday.

A good fiction writer couldn't make some of this stuff up himself.

Gold standard mortgages. Just in time for the crash. You couldn't make it up. :lol:

Gold really wants to close at an all time high today. That will be bullish for tomorrow. It seems the market didn't like the ambac deal, it seems there are only two banks as backstop. Don't laugh - Barclays and Citi. I kid you not, some of this stuff you can't make up. The same turd names crop up all over the place. Silver taking no prisoners today and what about that yuckie black stuff - oil. 5% today. The masses are going to have to MEW to fill up soon.

barclays and cit, what a joke, they are both zombies walking

hey, what is MEW?

never figured that out

BTL buy to let, STR, sell to rent (what i did), MEW?

Gold standard mortgages. Just in time for the crash. You couldn't make it up. :lol:

First he sells our gold then he uses the name for mortgages that are going to be tomorrows repos. Everyone with 1/4 of brain knows the Gold standard implies backed by gold. I would like to know what or who is the "GOLD" in the gold backed mortgage? Is it the bank of Northern Rock. Maybe the buffoon thinks the rock in Northern Rock is made of Gold.

It used to be Rule Britannia; now it is Insanity Rules.

barclays and cit, what a joke, they are both zombies walking

hey, what is MEW?

never figured that out

BTL buy to let, STR, sell to rent (what i did), MEW?

MEW Mortgage Equity Withdrawal. It used to be called a second mortgage. Now it has a flashy name to give it some sexiness to attract the debt addicts.

Dear GoldThreadII members.....

I do however have a job that puts me in touch with an excellent spectrum of ‘UK Joe Public’, be it rich or poor, educated or not. I shall try and contribute with any info on the sentiment of the UK public towards investing in gold. I believe the drivers of the market will change as ‘global Joe Public’ starts getting in on the action in the post $1000 media spotlight.

Keep us posted! And don't drink too much of this stuff. :lol:

First he sells our gold then he uses the name for mortgages that are going to be tomorrows repos. Everyone with 1/4 of brain knows the Gold standard implies backed by gold. I would like to know what or who is the "GOLD" in the gold backed mortgage? Is the bank of Northern Rock. Maybe the buffoon thinks the rock in Northern Rock is made of Gold.

It uses the be Rule Britannia; now it is Insanity Rules.

Perhaps you get a gold plated plaque from the bank telling you that you are the proud owner of a Gold Standard mortgage. Northern Rock's will come with a Government guarantee no doubt.

Perhaps you get a gold plated plaque from the bank telling you that you are the proud owner of a Gold Standard mortgage. Northern Rock's will come with a Government guarantee no doubt.

The BoE can't lower rates to help the housing market any more. LIBOR is not cooperating. The market wants to set the mortgage rates. Last time they dropped rates LIBOR spead widened.

They are stuck, that is why they are coming up with all these schemes to get the CDO market flowing again. But the CDO market is not buying any more turd debt, even if they package it up with a fancy ribbon and give it a GOLD name. They must think the market is stupid.

First he sells our gold then he uses the name for mortgages that are going to be tomorrows repos. Everyone with 1/4 of brain knows the Gold standard implies backed by gold. I would like to know what or who is the "GOLD" in the gold backed mortgage? Is it the bank of Northern Rock. Maybe the buffoon thinks the rock in Northern Rock is made of Gold.

It used to be Rule Britannia; now it is Insanity Rules.

it's quite disgusting

we have a snot-gobbling rocking horse riding nappy wearing paedophile protecting bisexual who is afraid to come out with a beard for a 'wife' allegedly running our country

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...s%3Den%26sa%3DN

all is reveled at the guido fawkes blog

Gold really wants to close at an all time high today. That will be bullish for tomorrow. It seems the market didn't like the ambac deal, it seems there are only two banks as backstop. Don't laugh - Barclays and Citi. I kid you not, some of this stuff you can't make up. The same turd names crop up all over the place. Silver taking no prisoners today and what about that yuckie black stuff - oil. 5% today. The masses are going to have to MEW to fill up soon.

Big moves. This is no bubble. It's going to runaway with itself soon IMO.

On another note, my mother in law (who lives in the US) recently told my wife on the phone that a befriended elderly woman told her that the price of gold was almost $1,000. Now, if the grannies in the US already start talking about this...

Is this good enough ?

GoldGBP_1900to2006.gif

Thanks for the graph - strange log axis hmm

I havent read all this thread after page 14.

I will put up scans of my Silver Jubilee book when I get in at the weekend... It will be Intresting to see actually historical pictures of what went on. A ship constructed by Cunard, I think it was the Queen Mary had to be halted and restarted two years later because the run on the £ was so bad.

I ll put it up + graphs of gold price!

OK here is the question. Does gold retreat to the 800s like oil did when it breached 100 (oil went back to 88)?

Or does it hit every newspaper and news show around the world and quickly run-off to 1,200?

That's a tough one..

I don't care too much. It is clear that there will be major rumbles around $1,000-$1,050. However, I think that there is MAJOR support at gold $800 and silver $15. Depending on how early people got in, this is VERY reassuring and they can weather the storm.