Check this guy out if you haven't seen him before. I watched these two episodes last night.... very interesting stuff.

Krassimir Petrov on Gold

Part 3 - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=976700141486118374

Part 4 - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1383332369012611726

I am a big fan of Petrov and I like his presentation style he's very enthusiastic about his subject unlike most of the lecturers I had to stay awake to at Uni. I've downloaded all his lectures 25 one hour lectures on macroeconomics, 15 lectures on investment analysis, 4 business cycle lectures, 5 credit derivatives and a few others on peak oil, gold, inflation.

You can download the lectures from google video if you use Mozzilla firefox and Downloadhelper both are free programs.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

What we need now is a period of consolidation firmly above $900.

One more kiss it goodbye to the $800s and then off to the races imo. I would love to see gold bounce of the 200dma in a month or two so I can load up one final time.

After gold hits $1000 I can relax then. My family thinks I'm too obsessed with gold right now. Thats only because I haven't got enough! :D

I am a big fan of Petrov and I like his presentation style he's very enthusiastic about his subject unlike most of the lecturers I had to stay awake to at Uni. I've downloaded all his lectures 25 one hour lectures on macroeconomics, 15 lectures on investment analysis, 4 business cycle lectures, 5 credit derivatives and a few others on peak oil, gold, inflation.

You can download the lectures from google video if you use Mozzilla firefox and Downloadhelper both are free programs.

Me too :D

GoldUS_080220_10000_prediction_log2.gif

-----------

wednesday2,

Thanks for posting the vids. I'm watching no1 now :D

Interesting stuff from Krassimir.

I thought the percentages of gold to hold at the end would interest those who don't want to download 75MB.

5% to 10% gold - to create a diversified portfolio.

10% to 15% - a more balanced portfolio in the current inflationary environment.

20% to 40% - a more aggressive portfolio.

50 to 80% - if you are expecting a crisis. (Krassimir Petrov holds about 50% bullion. Nothing else. No counter-party risk.)

One more kiss it goodbye to the $800s and then off to the races imo. I would love to see gold bounce of the 200dma in a month or two so I can load up one final time.

After gold hits $1000 I can relax then. My family thinks I'm too obsessed with gold right now. Thats only because I haven't got enough! :D

My family too. But then I am heavily committed to it. Getting some nice Victorian sovs later today and a couple of krugs. I cant say I will be able to relax even after $1000, maybe once I buy back in to the house market.

My family too. But then I am heavily committed to it. Getting some nice Victorian sovs later today and a couple of krugs. I cant say I will be able to relax even after $1000, maybe once I buy back in to the house market.

My friends are a little sceptical... but not as sceptical as they've been (up until recently) about my views on what the UK housing market might do! :lol:

If I'm seen to get PMs right, they'll just be copying what I do from now on and all scepticism will be gone! ;)

My friends are a little sceptical... but not as sceptical as they've been (up until recently) about my views on what the UK housing market might do! :lol:

If I'm seen to get PMs right, they'll just be copying what I do from now on and all scepticism will be gone! ;)

I met up for lunch with my old boss the other day. Through previous conversations in the last few months I had explained my learnings on impending plunging house prices, rising gold, silver, oil and commodities and the fiat money crisis. I couldn't believe it when over lunch he was saying within 6 months he thinks there'll be real bargain houses out there! Perhaps six years is my thought on that one, but this guy is otherwise quite shrewd, but people just can't seem to let it go/move on from an old mindset, which is now broken. Sometimes when you speak with like minded people on here for a while you think "everyone's getting it now" but lots of Joe Public are way behind the curve, even now....

I met up for lunch with my old boss the other day. Through previous conversations in the last few months I had explained my learnings on impending plunging house prices, rising gold, silver, oil and commodities and the fiat money crisis. I couldn't believe it when over lunch he was saying within 6 months he thinks there'll be real bargain houses out there! Perhaps six years is my thought on that one, but this guy is otherwise quite shrewd, but people just can't seem to let it go/move on from an old mindset, which is now broken. Sometimes when you speak with like minded people on here for a while you think "everyone's getting it now" but lots of Joe Public are way behind the curve, even now....

Agreed. I had similar conversation with a friend recently who has massively overleveraged himself on a big mortgage. Apparently the fundamentals (according to him) are in place for the housing market to recover and boom again next year. I sighed, bit my lip and poured another beer. I hadn't the heart to tell him if he avoids insolvency he will be paying that huge mortgage back until he retires... if then :( It's odd how peoples' perceptions are in line with what they want to happen rather than what actually does happen.

Still gold is up which is good, which is nice :) I was hoping it would stay lower for a while longer so I could continue accumulating in the dip... so much for my wants! :D

NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN, INTO OR FROM THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA OR JAPAN OR TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN THE UNITED KINGDOM OR JERSEY. THIS PRESS RELEASE IS NOT A PROSPECTUS BUT AN ADVERTISEMENT AND INVESTORS SHOULD NOT SUBSCRIBE FOR ANY TRANSFERABLE SECURITIES REFERRED TO IN THIS PRESS RELEASE EXCEPT ON THE BASIS OF INFORMATION IN THE PROSPECTUS.

Press Release Friday 27th June 2008

Ownership of Gold Bullion Securities products on London and Australian Stock Exchanges to transfer to ETF Securities

Gold Bullion Holdings Ltd has agreed to sell to ETF Securities Limited management and control of its Gold Bullion Securities products, being:

- the Lyxor Gold Bullion Securities product (LSE code GBS), which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, Euronext Paris, Borsa Italiana and the Deutsche Boerse; and the Australian listed Gold Bullion Securities product (ASX code GOLD)

Under the agreement, the two products will be marketed with the ETFS suite of exchange traded commodities (ETCs). Although the name will change to ETFS Gold Bullion Securities the exchange codes will remain the same (being “GBS” on the LSE, Euronext Paris and Borsa Italiana and “GG98” on Deutsche Boerse).

The sale and purchase is subject to certain regulatory consents and the parties anticipate the transaction will be completed very shortly. It will involve no changes to any of the operations and will not impact investors in the securities in any way.

Commenting, Graham Tuckwell, Chairman of ETF Securities, said:

“The acquisition of these two gold ETCs demonstrates our commitment to be the leading provider of exchange traded commodities. These products will fit well within our commodities platform and will be part of an expanded marketing effort for gold products in particular.”

Commenting, James Burton, CEO of World Gold Council, majority-owner of Gold Bullion Holdings, said:

“As the world’s first two gold ETFs, GBS and GOLD have played an instrumental role in the development of the allocated, physically-backed, gold ETF market, which now represents more than 780 tonnes of global gold demand.

“This development will help us to consolidate our efforts through the exchange traded gold programme to further launch and promote gold ETF products around the world."

The GBS securities are currently marketed by Lyxor and the parties have commenced discussions with Lyxor on the most suitable arrangements for the marketing and branding to be changed over to ETF Securities.

James Burton added: “I would like to express our sincere thanks to the dedicated team at Lyxor, who have so successfully marketed the GBS securities on our behalf.”

Since the launch of these first gold ETFs some five years ago, most of the same management team and directors have gone on to establish ETF Securities, which is now the leading exchange traded commodity (ETC) firm in Europe, with more than 120 ETCs listed on five exchanges and more than US$6 billion in assets.

As of 25 June 2008 holdings in the London product were US$3.3bn or 115 tonnes of gold and holdings in the Australian product were US$0.3bn or 11 tonnes of gold.

WGC will continue to support ETF Securities in the marketing of gold as part of its remit to promote investment demand for gold.

Enquiries:

ETF Securities: Graham Tuckwell +44 7910 112 756 or

Hector McNeil +44 20 7448 4330

World Gold Council: Matt Graydon, Head of External Relations

+44 (0) 207 826 4716

matt.graydon@gold.org

I hope you lot are right! Bought a few sovs after reading posts from several people over the last year (various sites - same people) and just bought a few more today. Family are at the stage of patting me on the head with a "there, there, poor thing".

Am most grateful for all the informative posts and education - have "protected" myself as best I can under the circumstances and will "wait and see".

Once again, many thanks.

Technicals, fundamentals, and sentiment were all calling for yesterdays convincing break through 900, as I mentioned early yesterday. But even I was pleasantly surprised at how little fall back then followed, especially given the general stock markets collapse now taking place (which usually causes gold seeling, to cover margin calls)

On todays US openning, I'd be surprised if something dramatic does not happen.

But its a hard call whether that will be a big manipulated knockdown (since the PPT must feel they need to do something on this the last day of such a significant week), or whether the strength just shown by gold will inspire more confidence and bring more of that speculative wall of money thats out there to the table on the long side.

Expect quite a battle, and my guess is it'll go up :-)

Technicals, fundamentals, and sentiment were all calling for yesterdays convincing break through 900, as I mentioned early yesterday. But even I was pleasantly surprised at how little fall back then followed, especially given the general stock markets collapse now taking place (which usually causes gold seeling, to cover margin calls)

On todays US openning, I'd be surprised if something dramatic does not happen.

But its a hard call whether that will be a big manipulated knockdown (since the PPT must feel they need to do something on this the last day of such a significant week), or whether the strength just shown by gold will inspire more confidence and bring more of that speculative wall of money thats out there to the table on the long side.

Expect quite a battle, and my guess is it'll go up :-)

Being the end of the month they may try to smash it back. BTW Eric King on FSNH was saying something about options being closed at the end of June so expect a drop at the beginning of July. I don't trade, just buy and hold but I wonder if selling, say, 10% today to buy back in a couple of weeks might be a bit of fun... I must say I'm tempted.

Being the end of the month they may try to smash it back. BTW Eric King on FSNH was saying something about options being closed at the end of June so expect a drop at the beginning of July. I don't trade, just buy and hold but I wonder if selling, say, 10% today to buy back in a couple of weeks might be a bit of fun... I must say I'm tempted.

Big smackdown possibility on NY opening, I feel.

I'd love to see a nice V pattern over the next few hours to confirm growing bullishness in PMs

I hope you lot are right! Bought a few sovs after reading posts from several people over the last year (various sites - same people) and just bought a few more today. Family are at the stage of patting me on the head with a "there, there, poor thing".

Am most grateful for all the informative posts and education - have "protected" myself as best I can under the circumstances and will "wait and see".

Once again, many thanks.

Welcome, Doff. :)

Let's hope that in a couple of years, they'll see you are less poor.

--------------------------------

US$10 000 rhodium. :o

rh1825lnb.gif

$925-odd is presenting a lot of resistance and we've only got 20 mins or so until the pre-market action starts. I've taken a tentative short at $925 (short-term - still long on core holdings) although I might rapidly change my mind in a bit :-) I agree, it looks like being violent one way or another.

$925-odd is presenting a lot of resistance and we've only got 20 mins or so until the pre-market action starts. I've taken a tentative short at $925 (short-term - still long on core holdings) coming on although I might rapidly change my mind in a bit :-) I agree, it looks like being violent one way or another.

Cheers Woody :) I've decided to sit tight. I'm no trader - a man's gotta know his limitations. Buying regularly and holding has done me no harm so far. I await the smackdown with interest :)

getting whacked now on NY open :(

Not so sure . . . $920 - 921 holding fairly stiffly but tightening stops just in case. Think we'll see more upside today - commodities seem to be the only play at the moment. A lot of longs got on board at $900 so I think tthere might be a little more meat on the bone here ;)

Not so sure . . . $920 - 921 holding fairly stiffly but tightening stops just in case. Think we'll see more upside today - commodities seem to be the only play at the moment. A lot of longs got on board at $900 so I think tthere might be a little more meat on the bone here ;)

yeah - I posted after watching the first 30second - 1minute. Quickly recovered from the low just over $919 - the trend definately wasn't the friend (for Longs) at open.

Next 20 minutes should be interesting - maybe will define the battle outcome for the day?

yeah - I posted after watching the first 30second - 1minute. Quickly recovered from the low just over $919 - the trend definately wasn't the friend (for Longs) at open.

Next 20 minutes should be interesting - maybe will define the battle outcome for the day?

Right now you could flip yesterday's chart on its head which means there's a big downer coming very shortly...

Agreed. I had similar conversation with a friend recently who has massively overleveraged himself on a big mortgage. Apparently the fundamentals (according to him) are in place for the housing market to recover and boom again next year. I sighed, bit my lip and poured another beer. I hadn't the heart to tell him if he avoids insolvency he will be paying that huge mortgage back until he retires... if then :( It's odd how peoples' perceptions are in line with what they want to happen rather than what actually does happen.

Still gold is up which is good, which is nice :) I was hoping it would stay lower for a while longer so I could continue accumulating in the dip... so much for my wants! :D

People are slowly starting to get it. A Canadian colleague excitedly told me a few months ago how his brother bought a house in Canada for $800,000. And yes, mortgaged up to the eye balls. Surprised him at the time by my inability to supress a groaning noise. Over the next few months had a chance to give him my perspective on the housing market; do not buy, just rent for a few years. Him and his wife [Korean] are returning to Canada this month to live. Talking at a wedding reception, I was happy to hear that they would rent because apparently the house prices were dropping. Yet in confidently replying that that was great and they should rent for a few years as house prices will continue to unwind, I could see that the penny still had not quite dropped as they gave me that dumbfounded intense stare of incomprehensibility.

I do not trade either. Would stress me out too much. Let's hope the powers that be do us all a favor and try to keep a lid on gold. Of course, one day in the near future all that building pressure is bound to explode. :P

I do not trade either. Would stress me out too much.

Same with me, lifes stressful enough - and it's only money we're talking about here :-)

Furthermore, I'd never take my eyes off the screen if trading, and so would never attend to my day job !

Price looks like its holding, but I suspect there may be a few quite hot terminals on the gold exchanges

...now the buying should start (hopefully)