Somethings going on.

Big Chunk Of JP Morgan’s Gold Holdings Withdrawn In One Day

In just one day, a big chunk of JP Morgan’s gold was withdrawn from the COMEX. It’s been a while since we have seen such a large single withdrawal. According to the CME Group’s Friday Warehouse Depository gold stocks, a whopping 200,752 ounces of gold were removed from JP Morgan’s Eligible category.

If we look at the table below, we can see JP Morgan’s total gold inventories fell from 1,398,214 oz on Thursday (7/30/2015) to 1,197,462 oz:

Basically, JP Morgan lost nearly 15% of its total gold inventories in one day. You will notice that JP Morgan only has 115,754 oz of gold in its Registered category. This is gold that is ready to be delivered. This 200,752 oz gold withdrawal would have totally wiped out JP Morgan’s Registered gold inventories.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

How are you, Pixel?

Surviving okay, I trust.

How are you, Pixel?

Surviving okay, I trust.

Hanging in there. Going through a lengthy court battle currently for proper access to my son after leaving my cheating partner.

But work and finance is all good. Have branched out into doing websites as well to fill the gaps.

Hanging in there. Going through a lengthy court battle currently for proper access to my son after leaving my cheating partner.

But work and finance is all good. Have branched out into doing websites as well to fill the gaps.

Nice to hear from you Pix. Hope you get proper access...

Are you looking for freelance web work?

"Nice to hear from you Pix. Hope you get proper access..."

I second that.

I expect that the laws are somewhat more fair in the UK on these matters than in the US.

As it is, they make too many (wrong) assumptions

'3. According to FactSet, "short [managed money] positions in gold have overtaken long positions for the first time in more than 10 years". Social media is abuzz with these types of facts, which again tells me that a short-term pop in gold prices could be possible.'

From the Daily Shot email ie Sober Look

But note that it's not gold gold but rather shares in SPDR Gold Trust

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-16/billionaire-stanley-drucknemiller-loads-gold-makes-it-his-largest-position-first-tim

Billionaire Stanley Drucknemiller Loads Up On Gold, Makes It His Largest Position For First Time Ever

A smart guy.

This is a good omen for Gold bugs

Gold gets a bid - and some volume too !

Aug: SPY- : Chg : volume/ VIX : GDX: +-chg: -GLD- : Chg: volume: x10.?? WTI.Cr: -DXY-- -Chg.- : --TLT- : Chg : Posts/Views cum'l

19: 208.32 - 1.66 : 163.M: 15.25 : 15.20 +0.43: 108.55 +1.44 : 6.98M: 1,133.8 $40.94* 96.362 - 0.092 : 124.76 +1.22: 02: 077/ 080: 1530

20: 203.97 - 4.35 : 175.M: 19.14 : 15.82 +0.62: 110.44 +1.89 : 11.9M: 1,152.6 $40.98* 95.526 - 0.836 : 126.02 +1.26: 08: 085/ 115: 1645

Gold looking perky

t24_au_en_usoz_6.gif

GLD ... update : 110.44 +1.89 : 11.9M: Back over $110 / $1150

- I'm now watching downtrend line at about $112

GLD_zpslectru6f.gif

If this idea becomes widespread it should help Gold prices

Sydney Morning Herald - ‎4 hours ago‎
The Federal Reserve may have missed the opportunity to begin lifting US interest rates when financial markets were benign and it could be now forced to wait out the global market turmoil, Fed watchers have warned.
. . .
Although we continue to see economic activity in the US as solid and justifying modest rate hikes, we believe the Federal Reserve is unlikely to begin a hiking cycle in this environment for fear that such a move may further destabilise markets," Barclays said in a research note.
Atlanta Federal Reserve president Dennis Lockhart, a voting member of the Federal Open Market Committee, said on Monday afternoon that he still expects the central bank to raise rates "sometime this year". He did not repeat his assertion from earlier this month that he favoured a September rate hike.
FRT / Fed Race Track ... update
FRT_zpsmmmga4kr.gif
The Leading horse (SPY) is falling back, and the other (GLD) may gain.
FRT_zpsc365txqm.gif

I don't think this has been posted, and there are no duplicate sources of the source of this, only paraphrases:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3421396-the-big-long-goldman-sachs-and-hsbc-buy-7_1-tons-of-physical-gold

The 'Big Long' - Goldman Sachs And HSBC Buy 7.1 Tons Of Physical Gold

Aug. 10, 2015 3:40 AM ET
Summary
  • On August 6, 2015, Goldman Sachs, which has issued very bearish forecasts on long-term gold prices, took delivery of a 3.2-ton purchase of physical gold.
  • On August 6, 2015, HSBC which also claims to be bearish, took delivery of a 3.9-ton purchase of physical gold.
  • In both cases, the purchases are registered as being for the benefit of the bank's own house account, rather than the accounts of customers.
  • Investors should do as the banks do, not as they say.

http://usawatchdog.com/plunge-protection-team-losing-control-of-markets-jim-sinclair/

Plunge Protection Team Losing Control of Markets-Jim Sinclair

On gold, Sinclair says, “I didn’t call the top in gold in 1980 because of any kind of a system. I was told, I acted on what I was told.”

His sources are talking again, and Sinclair says he was told: “Number one, the downside on gold is extraordinarily limited here. Two, the rally we are facing that will come in gold is going to be stupendous. Three, they tell me we may never call you back because this may be the rally you don’t sell. This may be the rally you don’t sell because gold is moving from a currency form to a valuation form. . . . This may be the last time we call you means this is a rally that is not meant to be sold. What is coming up in front of us is the Great Reset where currencies wear their gold like ladies wear a necklace, and the most beautiful necklace will be the strongest currency. The ladies without the necklace won’t be invited to the ball. Huge changes are coming. The dollar is always going to be with us, and the yuan and all of the currencies are still going to be there. We are not going to one single currency. ...... The two last men standing will be gold and gold on steroids—silver.”

http://kingworldnews.com/amidst-the-global-chaos-china-is-aggressively-moving-to-create-a-new-world-order/

China’s Master Plan To Create A New World Order Amidst The Global Chaos

..... The wild card is that gold has a role as a protection against devaluation. Gold has moved up almost $100 an ounce since China’s devaluation and spiked further on the global rout in stock prices. Nonetheless, there remains “mainstream” skepticism over the “barbaric metal”, and gold’s role as an alternative to paper money. However, as long as everyone believes that it has some value, it has value. Today, that could not be said of the dollar. Without “trust” in the dollar, the world has no valid reserve currency. To be sure, under the new rules of engagement with the renminbi chipping away at the dollar’s status, there is no question that an alternative such as gold holds attraction.

China may be looking at ways to insulate itself from America’s profligate policies. Rather than peg the renminbi to the dollar, China might prefer to peg to gold, preferring it to the dollar as a store of value. Move over dollar, there’s a new sheriff in town.

clients have asked us, “why gold?”. The first reason is positive supply and demand fundamentals. There is less gold coming to market amid deepening geopolitical uncertainty. The second of course is the aforementioned worldwide currency debasement. The third is the lack of trust in markets, currency and the ability of central banks to manage our affairs.

The fourth reason is that there is a growing distinction between paper gold and physical gold. Comex is the futures exchange where for every ounce of gold held for delivery in the warehouses, there are 124 paper ounces or claims against that ounce. If one wants physical gold they must line up and it is interesting to note that Comex physical deliveries are a mere fraction of what is delivered on the Shanghai Gold Exchange. We believe this dichotomy allows the bullion dealers the opportunity to manipulate the gold price through their algos and flash crashes.

• 2 weeks later...

http://investmentresearchdynamics.com/anyone-who-believes-the-comex-numbers-is-a-dope/#comment-40018

Anyone Who Believes The Comex Numbers Is Very Naive

As of today, there are now 228 ounces of gold claims for ever ounce of deliverable Comex gold http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-09/something-just-snapped-comex

COfC5voWgAAKva_.jpg