• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

• 3 weeks later...

But who uses watches these days?

http://www.mining.com/apple-buying-a-third-of-worlds-gold-to-meet-demand-for-iwatch-14071/

Apple buying a third of world’s gold to meet demand for iWatch

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=12292

More information is available on the Apple Watch.....

The rather sketchy estimates are:

• 5 to 6 million watches have been ordered by Apple
  • one-sixth (i.e. up to 1 million) will be the gold edition
  • the gold edition will cost ca. $4,000 to $10,000
  • The gold edition will contain about 2 ounces of gold.
  • Remember those all estimates that do not come from Apple.

I personally have trouble believing that they will make, or be able to sell, 1 million of the gold edition per year. But let's say they do. That would be 60 million grams of gold (2 million ounces), or 60 metric tons. That is a lot less than the 746 tons of gold which one estimate has Apple needing per year.

Yes, I am very skeptical of all the hullabaloo about the gold apple watches. The math doesn't add up. Either there's not going to be much gold, or you have to be convinced that $10k watches that will be obsolete in 2-3 years will sell like hotcakes.

Speaking of King World News, are they still doing their podcasts? The RSS feed went dead. I see at least they've revamped the website.

Gold to CRB : may find support near current levels

Gold-toCRB_zpsgkqfvpuc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am very skeptical of all the hullabaloo about the gold apple watches. The math doesn't add up. Either there's not going to be much gold, or you have to be convinced that $10k watches that will be obsolete in 2-3 years will sell like hotcakes. Speaking of King World News, are they still doing their podcasts? The RSS feed went dead. I see at least they've revamped the website.

Yes, however they have made the site an Ipad/Windows 8 abomination!

I don't follow the podcasts, but they are still releasing them http://kingworldnews.com/broadcast/ You have to click into the links to see the dates of when they were recorded.

Comment of the Week?

The Mines & Money conference is taking place this week in HK.

Doug Casey* will be one of the featured speakers.

By accident, I overheard a few sentences of a private conversation he was having today. This sentence may turn out to be the Comment of the Week:

"The stocks may get kicked one more time.

But you cannot sell them here" (implying they are too cheap to sell now - Upside is much greater than Downside.)

I reckon, He must have been talking about mining or gold stocks. And if everyone is thinking the same as Mr Casey, and we do see another drop in Gold prices, the Gold shares may not fall much.

Doug Casey is a well-known thinker and writer.

Two of his classic works were Crisis Investing and Right on the Money :

http://www.amazon.com/Right-Money-Casey-Economics-Investing/dp/1118856228/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1427115535&sr=1-1&keywords=doug+casey

Gold Market Update

Monday March 23, 2015 11:52

The immediate outlook for gold has improved dramatically following the dollar’s topping action of recent days after the Fed was rumbled, and the vast improvement in the COT structure of the past 2 weeks. While the negative outlook set out in the last update could yet come to pass in the event of a deflationary implosion – and remains a risk until gold breaks out of the downtrend shown here on our 8-year chart – latest COTs certainly suggest that the risk has been averted for now. In anticipation of the dollar reversing after the Fed meeting, we liquidated our PM sector short positions for a profit on the site and reversed to long, and the way things are shaping up we won’t need to close our long positions for a while.

On our 8-year chart for gold we can see that to erase the bearish scenario shown associated with a deflationary implosion, gold has simply to break up upside from the long-term downtrend shown, which wouldn’t take all that much of a rally from here. Latest COTs suggest that is about to attempt to do this. If the dollar index, shown at the top of this chart, is indeed burning out here, then gold is likely to get a powerful boost going forward as the dollar retreats.

gold8year220315b.jpg
On the short-term 6-month gold chart we can see recent action in more detail. On this chart we can see how gold started to rally immediately after the Fed and it has already succeeded in breaking out from the shorter-term downtrend in force from mid-January. Although the breakout from this downtrend is still only marginal, which normally would lead us to expect some backing and filling, the now highly favorable COT suggests that it will soon get on with it and continue higher.

gold6month220315.jpg
Now we come to the all-important COT. A reader once wrote in and asked “How can you trust the COTs when they could be rigged?” My response to this was simply to say that I would continue to trust them until they don’t work any more, and in any case they don’t need to rig data like this, because the fact is that most market participants are too dumb to use it. Anyway, the latest COT shows a dramatic scaling back of both Commercial short and Large Spec long positions over the past of couple of weeks, which indicates that the Large Specs have “thrown in the towel” in disgust, as they have a habit of doing at market bottoms, while the Commercials are clearly getting out the way ahead of a rally. The last time the COT was this positive was at gold’s November low.

goldcot220315.jpg

Click on chart to popup a larger, clearer version.

The Gold Hedgers chart, which is a form of COT chart, also shows a dramatic improvement to readings which usually precede a rally.

goldhedgers220315.jpg

Click on chart to popup a larger, clearer version.

Chart courtesy of www.sentimentrader.com

> http://www.kitco.com/ind/Maund/2015-03-23-Gold-Market-Update.html

$2,000 Gold THIS Summer?

That's the climax of what has started as a great Timing Call

Bo Polny has one of the Most Bullish Gold forecasts.

I love his charts - and he called the recent market turns beautifully

> http://www.silverdoctors.com/tag/bo-polny/

Bo Polny: BREATHTAKING Crash in USD Before Summer?

Posted on March 26, 2015 : 12 Comments / 2,843 views

11-1024x791.jpg

The US Dollar topped on March 16th, 2015, expect continued weakness into the end of April with a BREATHTAKING crash before summer!
Does cycle analysis foreshadow a WORLD Economic Collapse & $2,000 gold in 2015?

CHART : GLD ... update

GBS-3mos_zpsdkhdjcdi.gif

(older):

BO POLNY: Beware March 2015!

Posted on March 16, 2015 : 47 Comments / 7,939 views

The-Ides-of-March-211x300.jpg

Cycle analysis indicates before the month of March 2015 is over,

the world will get a renewed taste of falling stock markets and an impressive step up in both Gold and Silver!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-06/weve-never-seen-gold-market

We've Never Seen This Before In The Gold Market

.... India’s largest jewellery-maker, Rajesh Exports .... told reporters in Australia this week that he is visiting the country to vet potential mining acquisitions. Adding that his company has hired investment bankers to identify assets that could “ensure a reliable and permanent gold supply-line to our company”.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article on Bloomberg about how China is expected to announce it's gold holdings as a precursor to having the RMB added to the World Bank's basket of reserve currencies: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-20/mystery-of-china-s-gold-stash-may-soon-be-solved-as-imf-beckons

Gold and GLD Charts / With Trendlines:

Gold%20futures_zpsbxhmuclz.png

GLD / Gold etf ... All-Data : All-Log

GLD-log_zps1jr7dgnz.gif

Combined-#1:

Gold%20fut2_zpskbfrsdfs.png

Combined-#2:

GLD-log2_zpsxtt40wef.gif=

• 2 weeks later...

GOLD in ...

SGD:
Gold-inSGD_zpsniu4z704.png

EUR:

Gold-inEur_zps4upqf1jw.png

A better rendering of trendlines: ??

EUR:

Gold-inEur_zpsnlf8xlv1.png

The Big Shift - from other Commodities into Gold - will be tested very soon

Gold -in CRB:

Gold-inCRB_zpskdcin1si.png

The way this resolves, may tell us something about where Oil is headed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2988637/Knock-Apple-Watches-sold-China-just-25.html

Knock-off Apple Watches hit the Chinese market less than 24 hours after launch - and you can pick one up for just £25

If you gotta have one of these, settle for the fake Chinese versions

http://www.jimstone.is/iwatchassassination.html

April 29 2015
Apple watch needs to see your blood before it works!
Here's something interesting and creepy beyond belief - the Apple watch needs to see your blood and know it is being worn before it can receive calls and notifications, OR before it can be used to do any online transaction.
iwatchback.jpg
On the back of the Apple watch there is a light that has to penetrate your skin and see your blood before the watch will accept the fact that it is being worn. This is part of the heart monitor function. At first I thought this had to be a hoax, but the apple blogs confirm it is real. Apple refuses to comment.
Because of this, people who have tattoos on their wrist cannot use the apple watch to do much of anything, not even make calls or receive notifications because tattoos block the watch from seeing their blood. They can't make online purchases or do anything that requires security because the apple watch wants to see your blood to prove it is you wearing it, and if it cannot it will not enable even basic features.
I will never buy an apple watch or anything else like it, it is just too creepy for me. Why on earth would any gadget need to see my blood before it will function? I believe Apple knew the watch would have this problem, and specifically designed it to so the yuppie crowd would buy this gadget, later discover it works this way, and then accept future biometric technologies that function a similar way.
Not for me, not now, NOT EVER.
HOW ABOUT THIS FOR A SMARTWATCH SCENARIO, WHICH IS ACTUALLY A REAL POSSIBLE SCENARIO
Cell phones can be hacked and have their transmitters be modulated in a way that interferes with your heart and can trigger a heart attack. This has been discussed in detail on this web site before. Let me explain a little for people who have not seen this here before - Via AM hetrodyning of your cell phone's transmitter, it is possible to cause a voltage to be generated in your body, to a depth of a little more than 10 centimeters. If a cell phone is close enough to your body, this voltage can be used to trigger a heart attack. This is not science fiction, it is cold hard reality.
SO, IF YOUR WATCH IS A HEART MONITOR THAT IS COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR CELL PHONE THIS CAN BE TAKEN ANOTHER STEP, WITH YOUR WATCH CONFIRMING YOU ARE DEAD AND YOUR CELL PHONE SENDING BACK A SUCCESS REPORT. The success of assassination via this method is about to get a steep increase. Obviously Apple never thought of this, this is NSA/CIA stuff, however, the Iwatch is NOT FOR ME, NOT EVER!

• 2 weeks later...

A very Bullish Gold chart - based on Welles Wilder, some lines added

GoldQtr2_zpswbhrddk4.jpg

“The $4,700 gold projection is a delta long-term #1 target, which is where the biggest moves take place.

This chart ... also shows that there have been three major turning points so far in gold’s 16-year bull market.

I expect this $4,700 target will be reached in 2016"

source- KWN : http://kingworldnews.com/60-year-market-veteran-warns-elite-may-make-a-terrifying-move-as-they-lose-control-and-gold-soars-to-5000-in-2016/

The Stage is set for a monumental Crash (in bonds, etc)

yield_on_index_lin_3284107a.PNG

What makes today’s negative interest rate environment so worrying is this; to the extent that demand is growing at all in the world economy, it seems again to be almost entirely dependent on rising levels of debt. The financial crisis was meant to have exploded the credit bubble once and for all, but there's very little sign of it. Rising public indebtedness has taken over where households and companies left off. And in terms of wider credit expansion, emerging markets have simply replaced Western ones. The wake-up call of the financial crisis has gone largely unheeded.

==

> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/jeremy-warner/11569329/Jeremy-Warner-Negative-interest-rates-put-world-on-course-for-biggest-mass-default-in-history.html

Update - to a chart on this historic thread

I said then: "Looks like GLD will touch the (unrecogised, but important) 480d MA today"... update
gld.gif

UPDATE:

GLD / Gold-- GLD-chart : LT-chart

GLD-480d_zps9poxteyl.gif

If GLD closes above $122 (x 10.4= $1,269, it will have made it through several important Resistance levels

Here's a longer term version of the chart ;

GLD-480LT_zps586zxpou.gif

GOLD - there are two sides to the story (as always)

/ this is from Casey Research /

Gold will drop to $700/oz.

That’s the latest stunning prediction from economist Harry Dent.

He claims “gold is not money,” its “uses are limited,” and there is little to support current prices.

I think he is dead wrong.

In fact, I recently bet Harry--each of us wagering bullion from our private stores--that gold will never drop to that level.

I believe just the opposite will happen. I see gold about to enter its next bull market.

And I’ve put all the reasons why in a special 18-page report titled Gold: Dead or Alive?

Inside, you’ll get all the research Harry and I assembled to form our differing predictions so you can decide for yourself who is right.

For anyone who owns an ounce of gold or single share of mining stock, this is a must read. And it’s completely free.

Click here to get your FREE copy of this report.