I will send you a PM with that.

I welcome your comment by return PM.

In your case many months ago, I think the Mod overdid it considerably.

But you may be in a good position to comment on my reaction.

It's not necessary. I saw the part deleted post and was able to have a good guess at the blanks.

I would like you to consider moving my account in to the members group so I can choose my own avatar, signature and use the search (I am currently restricted)

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I have moved you to "Members" group.

Are there really more restrictions on Members2?

If so, I wasn't aware of that

Thanks,

I was trying to steal another members avatar and I couldn't.

Sorted now :)

LOL

I remember that old image - or was it just similar?

I think Ziknik is still alive. Interested?

Activity of the past couple of days has been a nightmare for me - had an offer accepted on a house a couple of weeks ago and have been looking to average out on Gold (the vast majority of my deposit is in Gold & Silver). Bad timing!

Same with myself although I sold some of my position a few weeks back, which was alot more than what I bought it for back in 2008. At the end of the day a profit is a profit and thats the best way to look at. Otherwise its just greed and what if.

May I ask which dealer in London you sold your physical gold to and what % below spot they offered.

Gold down $17.70 -- near $1,658 .

Testing the $1650-1660 support level

There must be some happy folks out there, enjoying the discount.

I might pick up a few GLD calls, or Bull Spreads to today, but save "powder"

for later, in case Gold breaks support, and gets cheaper.

Heavy buy order on double silver not quite hit yet, with gold at 1630, silver 31.80 ;)

We live in very interesting times.

This chart may be highly relevant here too:

GOLD STOCKS and the "Cliff's Edge Risk"

What a dangerous opportunity we are facing at the moment.

I do seem a very interesting similarity today with the pattern of 2006, where the current pattern of Gold prices looks like an identical fractal with 2006. At the same time, I cannot get 2008 out of my mind.

If Gold stocks break through the recent lows (on heavy volume) and keep falling, we will have something that looks like the initiation of the 2008 slide.

gdxgldspy2007b.gif

Activity of the past couple of days has been a nightmare for me - had an offer accepted on a house a couple of weeks ago and have been looking to average out on Gold (the vast majority of my deposit is in Gold & Silver). Bad timing!

Sash,

If Gold stocks and Gold fall off "the Cliff's Edge", you will be very happy you sold some Gold now.

One of our GEI posters (Mahon) has just sold all his Gold and gold stocks.

At this moment, I am thinking that Gold support will hold, but there is no guarantee of that.

Perhaps a day or so of fielding comments, will make the wisest decision clear.

But I do not want to go back to the "bad old days" of Long term perspective guys jumping all over those with a different viewpoint. That isn't the sort of website I want GEI to be.

Well, the silence in response to my request is interesting.

The very first post on this thread (after the charts) was:

GET OVER IT !

I am happy that the mud-splashing has stopped for more than a day.

And it suits me, to spend less time on this particular thread (at least for the next week or so)

Therefore:

I will change the Title to include "Long Term View"... and post here less, and see what happens.

If it goes neglected, then no one can say that I did not give the LT-guys a chance to post here.

If they have decided to move on, well that's their choice, and I may later return with shorter term trading ideas.

LONG TERM GUYS, here's you chance.

Meantime, on the Main board:

The question I am pondering is:

+ Suspend 5-6 of them to make an example, or

+ Rename it the Long-term Perspective Gold thread, and leave the thread to them

Any comments here?

I decided to try Two Gold threads :

One Long term, and

One Short term

Let's see if there are enough LT perspective guys left to keep the LT thread alive

LIFTING THE VEIL

But I can reveal now that...

I was seeing evidence that a concerted effort was being made to undermine GEI, and sling mud here - mostly at me - to get people to follow GF to another board where he was already posting. If I could prove that, would you feel differently about my action?

If I am wrong about that, then I would be grateful if GF himself would tell me so. In which case, I will be prepared to make a public apology for changing his membership status without a more full explanation, and a timely thank you.

Keeping good long term relationships is difficult even when people meet face to face. Its even more challenging when interactions are only via the written word (I know this, as its a large part of my day job!). I think that is what's behind most tensions here at GEI. The onus must be on the 'leaders' to have thicker skin than a rhino, the forgiveness of Ghandi, and the generosity, patience and diplomacy of an angel. Dr B, you might like to try a bit harder to be this superhuman :)

...or to put that another way, the users are being honestly and understandably frustrated about a number of your decisions and the way you execute them. But who knows whether I or they would do any better than you at genuinely listenning and being smpathetic to the 'complainers' point of view. I know that you have previously deflected many of my own efforts to be constructively critical, which is why I also spent some time 'elsewhere'. But there's usually just too much good stuff at GEI to disregard it completely :)

Well, the silence in response to my request is interesting.

The very first post on this thread (after the charts) was:

GET OVER IT !

I am happy that the mud-splashing has stopped for more than a day.

And it suits me, to spend less time on this particular thread (at least for the next week or so)

Therefore:

I will change the Title to include "Long Term View"... and post here less, and see what happens.

If it goes neglected, then no one can say that I did not give the LT-guys a chance to post here.

If they have decided to move on, well that's their choice, and I may later return with shorter term trading ideas.

LONG TERM GUYS, here's you chance.

Relax a little bit dude.... why take it all so seriously? ;)

Where is gf posting now? I tried to ask on the fringe thread but it was modded away (I think). A PM would be fine if anyone doesn't want to post.

I'm not trying to stir here btw. I just valued good fingers pov and would like to read his stuff :)

Hi,

GF posted here a few days ago on one of his threads that he started.(not sure which one now) He says is taking a break for a few weeks. He may come back here. He may start posting on another forum that he has been invited too post on. Or he post post on more than one forum. Thats it. Thats all I know. And as far i as i know that is all anyone here knows. (some may know more)

Keep on reading here. Keep on posting here. He very well may start posting here again.

Iv seen his name come up on the sats so he is about.

I liked his posts too. But a forum is bigger than anyone person. There is still a load of good info on this forum.

Enjoy!!