This sort of comment amazes me.

I proved over many months that I could beat Buy & Hold in the Silver market,

and then I started a thread at the beginning of the Year with Gold at/near $1550, saying it was a good buying point.

"Gold Charts look Bullish as we start 2012"

Meantime, JS is telling people that Silver is about to shoot up to $60, just before it drops maybe $2 in a day and begins a new correction?

Do you love BS, or are you just pretending? You guys need to wake up and see what junk food you are feeding on. Why do you consume it? Is it an addiction of some sort?

Crikey. Can't think why postings are drying up on this site.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I proved over many months that I could beat Buy & Hold in the Silver market,

We know that. Nobody questions your ability to beat buy and hold. The point is that it takes skill and time to do that - and most people either can't be bothered or simply don't have the time/wherewithal to do it.

There's nothing clear-headed and thoughtful in what JS, just bullish nonsense.

What a BS artist is Mr JS !

Why can you not see the ramping nonsense clearly for what it is?

Bubb, you're not making any sense at all. The system is broke, don't you get it? Sinclair is 100% spot on with what he writes. The can has reached the end of the road, and the only thing holding up paper assets at these incredible bubble highs is people like you who just need much much longer to get it. You will not escape the physically and practically unavoidable effects of a flood of paper money. It's a very slow process, but it is in full swing, and only people like you make it so slow. Just look at Greece or Japan. Do their economic policies look sound to you? Don't you think there will be some fallout? And where should the fallout be, if not in the corresponding currencies?

How can anyone look at the gold charts and not see that they are manipulated?

Yes definitely worth a nibble here I think, I have had a long filled at 1700 dollars and am looking for around 1750 or so, a retest of an earlier ascending trendline that held throughout January. It is worth considering that the previous two Super Slamdowns (capitalised to make them seem more exciting), there were numerous "attacks" in a short period of time. In the big September 2011 falls, there were six large price falls in nine trading days, two at 10 am and two others within minutes of the Comex open.

Also interesting to note that the Turd Ferguson metals website is down as well, it seemed to crash just as the metal price crash started.

Also interesting to note that the Turd Ferguson metals website is down as well, it seemed to crash just as the metal price crash started.

Don't forget that when the new site is attacked, TF and posters revert to the old site.

Alternative tfmetalsreport site

His floor broker confirmed that JPM dumped 10,000 contracts of Gold, not silver, within 2 minutes, with complete disregard for price. This had the desired effect of the waterfall decline.

GLD : $166.52

Change: -6.50

Percent Change:-3.76%

Volume: 20,550,090 so far, versus average of maybe 12 million shares

The Volume says: IMPORTANT

GLD : 164.286 -9.204

Open: 173.19 / High: 173.59 / Low: 164.00

Volume: 43,946,474 !!

Percent Change: -5.31%

Crikey. Can't think why postings are drying up on this site.

If all those worshiping Gold-rampers were to disappear, this site would only get better,

since that may leave independent thinkers with their own informed opinions

Today;s drop should be seen as a wake-up call, not something to shake off lightly.

How can anyone look at the gold charts and not see that they are manipulated?

Yes definitely worth a nibble here I think, I have had a long filled at 1700 dollars and am looking for around 1750 or so, a retest of an earlier ascending trendline that held throughout January. It is worth considering that the previous two Super Slamdowns (capitalised to make them seem more exciting), there were numerous "attacks" in a short period of time. In the big September 2011 falls, there were six large price falls in nine trading days, two at 10 am and two others within minutes of the Comex open.

GLD closed on/near key support that I identified earlier today.

But I think it would be very dangerous to buy immediately after such a big drop powered by heavy volume.

I strong recommend you look at the chart yourself, and not rely on Turds or Pipers

Yes, I'm sure 'they' would like to give that impression. Serves their purpose very well.

???

"tHEY" SOLD Gld IN HUGE VOLUMES TODAY

JUST TO "CREATE THE IMPRESSION" THAT gOLD PRICES MIGHT FALL FURTHER??

tHAT MAKES NO SENSE ???

Wake up, and perform the Gold Ramper test:

when I see a bird that walks like a ramper and swims like a ramper and quacks like a ramper, I call that bird a ramper."

I strong recommend you look at the chart yourself, and not rely on Turds or Pipers

Turd is well worth reading and far from a gold perma-bull, he has been warning about a fall in silver for the past couple of days. I have looked at the chart for myself and expect something similar to what happened in early September last year, alternating volatile up and down days on a steady downward trend for the next couple of weeks. I am fully expecting another attack tomorrow at 4pm european time as The Bernank talks again and in any case am nicely hedged with some GBPUSD shorts.

If all those worshiping Gold-rampers were to disappear, this site would only get better,

since that may leave independent thinkers with their own informed opinions

Today;s drop should be seen as a wake-up call, not something to shake off lightly.

Dr Bubb, please do not take what I am about to say as an attack, but I honestly think that you are acting emotionally rather than rationally.

Whatever you feel about Sinclair or what he is doing really does not matter, and should not be pushed onto the other posters here. The posters make the site and have their own views. There would be no site without them, as there would be no site without you.

You have made your opinions clear wrt Sinclair. Leave it at that and let the events unfold.

By shouting loudly all the time, it does not do your dignity any service, especially as you can see that many here do not agree, and will do as they please in any case.

Your sense that Sinclair is not to be trusted has been duly noted. Could you leave it at that?

Dr Bubb, please do not take what I am about to say as an attack, but I honestly think that you are acting emotionally rather than rationally.

Whatever you feel about Sinclair or what he is doing really does not matter, and should not be pushed onto the other posters here. The posters make the site and have their own views. There would be no site without them, as there would be no site without you.

You have made your opinions clear wrt Sinclair. Leave it at that and let the events unfold.

By shouting loudly all the time, it does not do your dignity any service, especially as you can see that many here do not agree, and will do as they please in any case.

Your sense that Sinclair is not to be trusted has been duly noted. Could you leave it at that?

My post was a response to this one:

"Crikey. Can't think why postings are drying up on this site."

If by criticising JS and promoting independent thing amongst GEI, postings "dry up",

do you agree or disagree with me, that such a dynamic is healthy, if those who do post have ideas of their own, rather than merely acting as parrots of Sinclair?

There are any number of sites out there where you can find people who simply want to repeat the mantra from Sinclair and GATA, are they really interestiing? Do they really help you think more clearly about preserving wealth and what is really going on in the economy?

GEI's posters do not get it right all the time, but we do look beyond the mainstream, and that includes looking beyond the ideas of the Gold purist mainstream as well. That may be a smaller audience to begin with, but as these fresh ideas, or at least some of them, prove out - then the interest in GEI will grow.

OK, so what are Jim Sinclair's latest predictions for gold? Does he still think it's going parabolic in the next few years? Or has he settled down to predicting 20 odd % appreciation year on year?

JS refers to Alf Fields' numbers; Fields is currently expecting $4500. I think that is quite possible. And I wouldn't call a 160% increase in a few years parabolic - it depends of course on how it gets there.

My post was a response to this one:

"Crikey. Can't think why postings are drying up on this site."

If by criticising JS and promoting independent thing amongst GEI, postings "dry up",

do you agree or disagree with me, that such a dynamic is healthy, if those who do post have ideas of their own, rather than merely acting as parrots of Sinclair?

There are any number of sites out there where you can find people who simply want to repeat the mantra from Sinclair and GATA, are they really interestiing? Do they really help you think more clearly about preserving wealth and what is really going on in the economy?

GEI's posters do not get it right all the time, but we do look beyond the mainstream, and that includes looking beyond the ideas of the Gold purist mainstream as well. That may be a smaller audience to begin with, but as these fresh ideas, or at least some of them, prove out - then the interest in GEI will grow.

It's the way that you do it. You come across as an immature petulant childish aggressive dick. And that puts people off bothering to engage.

You may not intend to. Or believe that you do. But you do.

TELLING THE NAKED TRUTH about Gold prices... from the Corn thread:

Certainly, Gold prices have run ahead of Agricultural commodity prices

DBA / PowerShares DB Agriculture Fund (ETF) vs. GLD ... update : 5year

dba.gif

5 years

dba5yr.gif

Ratio: GLD to DBA

gldtodba.png

You don't have to be a genius to spot the potential top here.

(Yet I wonder: Where are the comments from the Gold purist gurus?)

Gold did much better than just "retaining its purchasing power". in relation to Agricultural commodities. What can we realistically expect from Gold as an inflation hedge against rising food prices? Isn't a 160% outperformance (relative to Ag commodities) big enough to start wondering if the relative price rise is done - at least for the time being.

Having asked this, I know there are those out there who think that Gold will go on beating inflation, because it will benefit from "seigneurage" which would come from using gold as a currency. Many gold purists would like to keep the supply of gold tight, and convince a large number of people that gold is the only suitable currency. This way, they might "pin gold to the ceiling" by backing currencies with Gold at a time when the price is high. If the Gold price is fixed, then the purists holding gold, could then offload and take their profits. The main beneficiaries may not be small private investors, but rather shadowy institutions (like the Vatican bank and others) that have hoarded gold for years.

Gold has an important role in preserving wealth IMHO. I own it now, and have owned it for years... and I buy on dips and sell some when I think it is overvalued. But we must not treat gold owning as a religion and/or build cults around gold hoarding.

JS refers to Alf Fields' numbers; Fields is currently expecting $4500. I think that is quite possible. And I wouldn't call a 160% increase in a few years parabolic - it depends of course on how it gets there.

Thanks for that Carlton. I checked his website but couldn't find a prediction.

The time frame is important here. Easy to say gold is going higher, harder to say at what rate. OK, so let's assume they are predicting $4500 in 3 years. How does that compare to the current rate of appreciation of around 20 odd % a year against the reserve currency? If we put gold at say 1650 [baseline] here that would put gold at around 2000 next year, at around 2500 the following, and say 3100 on the 3rd year. That prediction still looks a bit on the high side given the current rate of appreciation.... which has stretched back over a decade so far.

I think they might be hesitant to call the current rate of appreciation, which looks on the face of it so obvious, because of the bias towards hyper-inflation.

I agree that these figures aren't parabolic. On a log chart gold price at 3000/ 4000 a few years traces a relatively even straight line of appreciation.