• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I can't properly download the latest FSN shows. They always stop downloading after a few MB. Anyone the same problem?

This happens with me now and again but only when I am using wifi ipod in the garden. After 2 or 3 re-starts the show runs ok. It is very annoying when a show cuts out and the paranoia kicks in but I think it is just a technical glitch. nb this only happens on recently added interviews-maybe it takes a bit of time to get through the 'airwaves'?

ps. Like to put a rough guesstimate date on the G:S ratio forecast? 1yr/3yr/5yr?? Thanks GF.

DOUBLE POST!

ps. Like to put a rough guesstimate date on the G:S ratio forecast? 1yr/3yr/5yr?? Thanks GF.

You mean regarding the post quoted below? Should history really repeat in a time-inverted manner, we seem to be looking at 3.5(+/-1) years here. Personally, I think it could happen within the next two.

History might just repeat itself here - in inverse order.

goldsilverratio120106.png

Looking good for PoG. We've definitely broken through the downward sloping resistance line running from the last two peaks in Sept & Oct, and confirmed by the big jump in silver price on Friday.

Yes very bullish indeed now, 1660 looks to be the key level now representing the gap from the 5th August (when the US was downgraded) and was respected numerous times in October and November last year.

Price looks to be still below the downwards line on my charts but could go through it today, depending on what happens at Comex open.

This story has legs, gentles - See the Folly of Money Printing thread...

Too Much Gold - and "crazy" amounts on Bonds

Had the public found out how much gold there really was, it would have created a massive economic shock. Gold would have become practically worthless overnight.

This sounds truly WACKO, doesn't it ???

That's what I would have thought without my strange "insider news source", but I was determined to follow the story on various threads here.

NOW THIS has come out on BLOOMBERG of all places...

A confusing story, but it does suggest the story is much more than pure invention, as some on GEI think it is:

imCqq.yim9Bs.jpg

Chris Estrella, a Filipino social worker, says he led a troop of five porters out of a Mindanao jungle in January 2000 with a weather-beaten iron and leather box crammed with $25 billion of U.S. government bearer bonds.

“The elders of the Umayamnon tribe told me an American plane crashed in their river in the 1930s,” Estrella, 47, says by mobile phone from a footpath between the tribal village and Davao, the largest city on the Philippine island. “The river dried up in the 1990s, and the natives went into the plane and found 12 boxes that contained $300 billion in bonds.”

Each box, emblazoned with the Great Seal of the United States and the words “Federal Reserved Bond,” held five gold coins struck with a portrait of George Washington on one side, Estrella says. They rested atop stacks of certificates purporting to have been issued by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in 1934 and redeemable in gold bullion. The notes bore the signature of then Treasury Secretary Henry Morgenthau Jr.

/more - this is Bloomberg (!) gentlemen, not Ben F's website:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-18/no-one-knows-truth-about-300b-bonds-from-alleged-plane-crash.html

Why bother with such an elaborate counterfeit, and then just crash a plane with the bonds in them ??

A confusing story, but it does suggest the story is much more than pure invention, as some on GEI think it is:

I don't understand the tone of your posts sometimes. That one seems to me a bit like deriding posters on here. Why do it?

Wouldn't this be better:

"A confusing story, but it does suggest the story is much more than pure invention"

Interesting sovs trading hands for the same price as here, despite near hyperinflation , panic , exaggerated journalism and a rush for US$ - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9029848/Irans-economic-troubles-mount-as-new-sanctions-are-made-ready.html'>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9029848/Irans-economic-troubles-mount-as-new-sanctions-are-made-ready.html

Another hyperinflation for the history books.

I am still waiting on that one catastrophic hyper-deflation (Big Mac for £0.01?) that some monetary Einsteins are expecting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9029848/Irans-economic-troubles-mount-as-new-sanctions-are-made-ready.html

"The riyal is falling so fast that it's impossible to do business in it," Mr Fathi, 35, a stationery merchant, told The Sunday Telegraph last week.

"We can't agree any proper deals with other firms because within an hour or two, the prices of everything may have changed. The government has limited the amount of other currencies we can use, so everyone is using gold instead."

Probably not a bad time to do some short-term profit-taking if you have been long since Mid-Dec (like me). My trading account has just hit a new high :)

Nice one! My account made a three month high today as well. A great day for gold and euro bulls certainly.

It is beginning to look like a never ending quest for interest rate rises, we seem to be permanently between 18 months and three years away from that mythical 0.5 percent on the dollar.