• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

...Dominic mentioned this forecaster in the podcast...

New Thunder Road Report denounces market intervention, cites GATA

I found a report which gives some revised estimates...

How Much Gold Stock is There Really?

Posted by Philip Barton on Oct 21, 2011

The current estimate for the amount of gold stock in the world is in the region of 170,000 tonnes. As the very first step, it needs to be acknowledged that an estimate is all that is available. Running a worldwide survey on how much gold people own is rather pointless. Even in good times, people are noticeably reluctant to discuss their true wealth. In troubled times, such as now, that becomes an unwillingness to even be interviewed. Nevertheless, it also needs to be emphatically stated that 170,000 tonnes is far too low an estimate and that it is time for a revision. Every single media outlet repeats this same figure, or similar, as though it is gospel.

Included in this 170,000 tonnes is the 10,000 tonnes estimated as being the total amount of gold mined in the history of the world prior to the Californian gold rush of 1848. This was simply a guess.

‘David Guyatt, in his article “The Spoils of War”, commented that prior to the Californian Gold Rush of 1848 the amount of gold believed to be in existence was about 10,000 tonnes, i.e. it was “the sum total of gold mined throughout the world during the preceding 5,850 years, for which mining records exist.” In correspondence with the World Gold Council in 1998, Guyatt says that the WGC admitted that this figure was just an “industry estimate”, although as he says: “Nevertheless, this estimate has been incorporated into current day official mining figures and punched out as actual fact.”’

The Thunder Road Report

The “industry estimate” of the amount of gold mined in that 5,850 years works out to be 1.7 tonnes a year. The assumption that underpins the idea that not much gold was mined prior to the Californian gold rush is essentially, that if it takes modern methods a whole year to extract 2,400 tonnes then it would take far, far longer for more primitive cultures to extract the same amount of gold.

The huge, gaping flaw in the modern versus primitive technology theory is that it assumes that all else was equal. It unequivocally was not. The further back into history we travel, the more accessible and plentiful gold was, just as it will be far less plentiful in the future than it is now. Our ancestors mined all the easy to access gold in the world. The Mesoamericans pulled chunks of it out of rivers with their hands it was so plentiful. Today we are mining the residual leftovers – the sparse remnants of what was once plentiful.

. . .

Somewhere between 1,200,000 tonnes and 2,500,000 tonnes would seem to be a reasonable and conservative estimate.  Obviously it could go way beyond 2,500,000 tonnes.  What is beyond doubt is that 170,000 tonnes barely represents the tip of the iceberg of the world’s gold stock.  Let us be rid of this figure once and for all.  It is a folly to keep repeating an obvious error as though it were fact.

/source: http://www.goldstandardinstitute.net/2011/10/how-much-gold-stock-is-there-really/

“Gold is so plentiful that no one who did not see it could believe it”.

Marco Polo reporting on gold in Lokak (Siam or Malaya)

“in great abundance because it is found there in measureless quantities”… “so much indeed that the ruler of the island has a very large palace entirely roofed with fine gold, just as we roof our churches with lead”

Marco Polo reporting on gold in Japan

“Gold dust is found in the rivers, and gold in bigger nuggets in the lakes and mountains”.

Marco Polo reporting on gold at Karajang (Chinese province of Yunnan which is still a gold mining area today)

How Much Gold Stock is There Really?

Somewhere between 1,200,000 tonnes and 2,500,000 tonnes would seem to be a reasonable and conservative estimate. Obviously it could go way beyond 2,500,000 tonnes. What is beyond doubt is that 170,000 tonnes barely represents the tip of the iceberg of the world’s gold stock. Let us be rid of this figure once and for all. It is a folly to keep repeating an obvious error as though it were fact.[/i]

/source: http://www.goldstandardinstitute.net/2011/10/how-much-gold-stock-is-there-really/

So.

Those who talk about 2 million tonnes of Gold are not crazy.

Can you open your mind enough to read the story that David Wilcock tells?

He starts this way...

This is the biggest secret. This is the real history of the global financial system. This is the story that almost got me killed. This is a small taste of how the blueprint for global control was meticulously followed... over the course of hundreds of years.

ASIA: WHERE THE WHOLE STORY BEGINS

The greatest secret in the world, as I have now discovered, is that "Gold is as Plentiful as Sand." This is obviously an exaggeration, but apparently not by much. It has been truly stunning for me to uncover this information.

All this gold had to be confiscated, by a vast method of worldwide deception, in order to pave the way for a "New World Order" -- where money could be created out of thin air.

To truly understand this highly secretive battle that has led to "The Trillion-Dollar Lawsuit That Could End Financial Tyranny," you have to go back in time.

Everything ultimately becomes East Versus West in this grand "Illuminati" game -- as I finally now understand.

My investigation of this story led to direct threats against my life, relayed by one of my top insiders. Therefore I take this very seriously... and I don't want to leave anything out.

/continues: http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/1022-lawsuit-end-tyranny-ii

WARNING : his story gets pretty wild, and as he says:

"Some people may be laughing at this now, but I don't think they have a whole lot of time left to remain ignorant of these things."

SO READ IT for amusement maybe

So.

Those who talk about 2 million tonnes of Gold are not crazy.

I have one question. Why do the central banks of the world do so much to surpress the price of gold when they have information about the true amount of gold, that if released, would cause the price of gold to fall by 50 percent or more overnight?

I have one question. Why do the central banks of the world do so much to surpress the price of gold when they have information about the true amount of gold, that if released, would cause the price of gold to fall by 50 percent or more overnight?

According to Wilcock, 85% of the Gold is held "off market" in Asia.

And those who control it want to maintain the price (for the time being)

Some of his ideas are rather strange, like this...

AN ALTERNATIVE VIEW OF HISTORY - from David Wilcock's article

INVESTING IN THE "NEW WORLD" TO BALANCE THE POWER EQUATION

JL told me that the Asians were secretly financing the buildup and development of the United States -- well before the American Revolution of 1776.

The people behind the American Revolution obviously had their own agenda, as we now know -- but in order to create a massive development project on such a vast scale, they needed an investor... with deep pockets.

The Founding Fathers signed separate, secret contracts for each shipment of gold they received. The Elders fully expected to be paid back for the gold they were shipping out... in time.

They knew it would take many years to build the United States up to the point where it would be fully self-sustaining and profitable on its own -- but it was necessary to balance the power equation in the world.

Shiploads of gold, averaging 2000 metric tons per trip, were routinely being sent to the United States. This gold was secretly used as collateral by the United States Treasury to issue currency -- financing an unprecedented industrial expansion.

The United States made sure not to give away any of the gold. It was secretly stashed in Mexico and elsewhere as time went on -- including places in Asia that were mutually agreed upon for safe keeping.

This secret buildup reached its peak in the 1800s. For almost an entire century, I was told that the United States received as much as two thousand metric tons of gold per month. Every shipload generated a completely separate contract and debt to be repaid.

transcontinental_railroad.jpg

THE TRANSCONTINENTAL RAILROAD -- A KEY ASIAN INVESTMENT

If you're not paying attention in American history class, you could easily miss that one day where your teacher talks about how Chinese "slaves" were largely responsible for building the first transcontinental railroad between 1863 and 1869.

The slang name for these laborers was the "Coolies". Apparently they were the best at shimmying down ropes, planting dynamite in holes cut in the rock, lighting the dynamite and climbing back up the ropes fast enough to avoid getting blown up.

The reality is very different. The "Coolies" were not slaves at all. They were highly-skilled professional builders sent over from Asia. The Chinese didn't trust Americans to do the job. They sent over their own people to make sure everything went smoothly.

/see: http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/1022-lawsuit-end-tyranny-ii

I couldn't trust anyone who wears a shirt like that.

So you would have an open mind, apart from the shirt ?

DavidWilcockSearch.jpg

My instinct on this one tells me that it doesn't smell right. Normally I would say I am too open minded however (but certainly not about that chef/shirt thingy)

If he looked like a Bankster would he be more convincing to you?

oliver-stone-talks-wall-street-2.jpg

If you haven't listened to the podcast yet ( LINK ),

then I recommend you do so- especially section #5 on Gold, where I identify Gold's support levels.

Gold dropped through Support at the 252d-MA yesterday, so here are the next levels of support, as mentioned in the FBB podcast:

GLD Support Levels= : x 10.31

252d-now : $153.03 : $1,578 (252d on Gold: $1,572.23)

GLD Support Levels : x 10.31

377d-now : $145.00 : $1,495

610d-now : $131.00 : $1,351

A long term Weekly Chart ... update : last-12mos

gldwk.gif

GOLD's FALSE BREAK?

GLD / Gold is now back UP ... to the 252d-MA (at $1572 per ounce)

Threatening (or maybe promising) to turn the whole move down into a False Break.

I now suspect that some stops were hit causing that break,

and maybe it was due to the Gold & Silver holdings of MFG customers being sold off*

=== ===

mammon.JPG

*Trustee to Seize and Liquidate Even the Stored Customer Gold and Silver Bullion From MF Global

The trustee overseeing the liquidation of the failed brokerage has proposed dumping all remaining customer assets—gold, silver, cash, options, futures and commodities—into a single pool that would pay customers only 72% of the value of their holdings. In other words,while traders already may have paid the full price for delivery of specific bars of gold or silver—and hold "warehouse receipts" to prove it—they'll have to forfeit 28% of the value.

That has investors fuming. "Warehouse receipts, like gold bars, are our property, 100%," contends John Roe, a partner in BTR Trading, a Chicago futures-trading firm. He personally lost several hundred thousand dollars in investments via MF Global; his clients lost even more. "We are a unique class, and instead, the trustee is doing a radical redistribution of property," he says.

/more: http://www.endoftheworldasyouknowit.com/showthread.php?16177-Trustee-to-Seize-and-Liquidate-Even-the-Stored-Customer-Gold-Silver-Bullion-From-MFG&p=19013

JL told me that the Asians were secretly financing the buildup and development of the United States -- well before the American Revolution of 1776.

Shiploads of gold, averaging 2000 metric tons per trip,

Now I am fairly open minded, I am aware of the voyages of Zheng He and his mighty fleet, I am prepared to accept that the Chinese might have "discovered" the US before the Europeans.

I am sorry but I just find that completely implausible. The idea of huge fleets of Chinese junks, and they would need to be literally hundreds of ships to carry that much gold, the provisions and soldiers and warships needed to protect such a treasure, sailing all the way across the pacific ocean, around the south tip of Argentina and then through the pirate infested waters of the Caribbean to the US without a single mention of it any history book or contemporary source and without the Pirates, the Spanish, the Dutch, the Portuguese or the British trying to attack it is just ridiculous. The number of ships and men lost, operating thousands of miles away from friendly bases, and in just about the most dangerous part of the world for sailing ships without accurate navigation and maps and exposed to all kind of new and dangerous diseases would be appalling. Even in the early twentieth century such a voyage would be somewhat dangerous, look at the journey of the Russian fleet to participate in the Russo-Japanese war. And then these kind of trips were apparently done multiple times, by Asian rulers who are happily giving away colossal amounts of money and power with no apparent benefit to themselves apart from the secure knowledge that they would be playing a great part in influencing the global geopolitical situation in two or three hundred years time?

Can you see how absurd it looks to someone without such an open mind?

isnt it obvious

they landed in California and built the railway Eastwards :)

If it happened, I suppose someone at Wells Fargo would have known

isnt it obvious

they landed in California and built the railway Eastwards :)

Of course, why didn't I think of that! :lol:

Actually thinking about it more, if we are to take the journeys of Ferdinand Magellan as a base, he took three years to circumnavigate the world (admittedly a couple of centuries earlier and with inferior technology and smaller ships), four of his five ships failed to return and only 18 of the original 237 men made it back. If, as the article suggests these journeys were made monthly then it would suggest that there would have had to have been more forty or more of these giant treasure fleets, each of them coming back in a pathetic state and with thousands of crew having died. These Asian rulers would be spending colossal amounts of money merely to build these fleets and sending tens, even hundreds of thousands of men to their deaths, all in an attempt to give away their gold? And, much like the Portuguese explaration of the East Indies in the early 16th century, there would surely be evidence of trading posts and bases throughout South America and Africa such as Goa and Zanzibar to service the enormous numbers of ships coming through every month.

I would be very interested as to why Mr. Wilcock is spending a lot of his time propagating these theories, but they are surely utter nonsense.

I would be very interested as to why Mr. Wilcock is spending a lot of his time propagating these theories, but they are surely utter nonsense.

He must be hearing something similar from another source (confirming parts of this very bizarre story.)

I have had that experience too. In fact, some of this detail (very old people, massive amounts of gold) was given to me more than one year ago. I have been amazed how DW adds more and more detail to the picture.

I think something which may be coming which will add some confirmation is mass arrests, and a currency reboot. I have heard this may come very soon.

I am slightly disappointed that so few here have been plugged into this story as it has rolled out. Too many here just repeat the nonsense that comes from the Gold-ramping sites, and have had trouble seeing the bigger picture.

Have those constantly spewing out targets like $2500 Gold or $100 Silver really served anyone, apart from their own interests?

He must be hearing something similar from another source (confirming parts of this very bizarre story.)

I have had that experience too. In fact, some of this detail (very old people, massive amounts of gold) was given to me more than one year ago. I have been amazed how DW adds more and more detail to the picture.

I think something which may be coming which will add some confirmation is mass arrests, and a currency reboot. I have heard this may come very soon.

I am slightly disappointed that so few here have been plugged into this story as it has rolled out. Too many here just repeat the nonsense that comes from the Gold-ramping sites, and have had trouble seeing the bigger picture.

Have those constantly spewing out targets like $2500 Gold or $100 Silver really served anyone, apart from their own interests?

$2500 gold is a matter of when, not if. Likewise $100 silver.

At that price (in today's $$'s) it may become economical to recycle silver, rather than to consume and dispose of in miniscule amounts into landfills. On top of this, the above ground resources of silver are nada.

Why not start a new thread on it? :)

Well, it depends what time-frame is being used. A certain sector of the gold cumminty has proven themselves to be a little impatient and premature with these targets. But then others with a longer time frame in mind are still on target with gold appreciating 20% odd annually.

Why not start a new thread on it? :)

Why? This thread is about GOLD so really I would of thought it was open to all discussions/questions relating to GOLD is up for grabs. Lets take GOLD on face value without the speculation and you will clearly admit GOLD has not hit the targets boasted by the multitude of GOLD cheeleader sites.

So far the advice on this thread regarding buy and hold does not stack up. The whole point of hoarding GOLD is to support vested interests by limiting the local supply, and forcing up market values. Yes I know you have ingrained response that is clearly echoed all over the internet, about GOLD will be the last man standing that represents a safe haven of wealth. So why then is Gold being sold off to prop up other failing asset classes? Well perhaps GOLD is not an income producing asset? So if we all bought gold and buried in the ground how would this help the economies?

Talk about conspiracies........ ;) Ooh maybe the chosen few will reap the golden Nirvana............. B)

Why? This thread is about GOLD so really I would of thought it was open to all discussions/questions relating to GOLD is up for grabs. Lets take GOLD on face value without the speculation and you will clearly admit GOLD has not hit the targets boasted by the multitude of GOLD cheeleader sites.

So far the advice on this thread regarding buy and hold does not stack up. The whole point of hoarding GOLD is to support vested interests by limiting the local supply, and forcing up market values. Yes I know you have ingrained response that is clearly echoed all over the internet, about GOLD will be the last man standing that represents a safe haven of wealth. So why then is Gold being sold off to prop up other failing asset classes? Well perhaps GOLD is not an income producing asset? So if we all bought gold and buried in the ground how would this help the economies?

Talk about conspiracies........ ;) Ooh maybe the chosen few will reap the golden Nirvana............. B)

Other than this reply, all others are a waste of time.

$2500 gold is a matter of when, not if. Likewise $100 silver.

At that price (in today's $$'s) it may become economical to recycle silver, rather than to consume and dispose of in miniscule amounts into landfills. On top of this, the above ground resources of silver are nada.

How can you be so sure?

If there is 10X as much Gold on the planet as people had thought,

and if a "currency reboot" is done with 2012, removing the Fed and its money-printing,

then the future Gold price will suddenly look very different.

If you say these things are "impossible" then you may be denying some evidence which is beginning to show up - with more almost every day.

I have put up with ENORMOUS resistance here and elsewhere in trying to get a more open minded message out. I should have thought that at least a few people would have now seen some value in examining other ideas rather than following the lemmings repeating mindless mantras about $2500 Gold coming within weeks or months.

How can you be so sure?

this (it's in the plan):

FED+Dollar+Value+Slide.jpg

If there is 10X as much Gold on the planet as people had thought,

and if a "currency reboot" is done with 2012, removing the Fed and its money-printing,

then the future Gold price will suddenly look very different.

I thought about this several years ago. My feeling at the time was that the biggest risk to the POG was some kind of VERY cheap energy source which allowed gold and or silver extraction from seawater. There is a lot of gold and silver in the sea. Boil it and you get the minerals and metals. The environmental impact of using the world like a giant dessicator would be awful though :(

Suffice to say I am not ruling out the possibility but I am monitoring the situation. I feel it is, however very unlikely that there are vast reserves in storage.

If you say these things are "impossible" then you may be denying some evidence which is beginning to show up - with more almost every day.

I have put up with ENORMOUS resistance here and elsewhere in trying to get a more open minded message out. I should have thought that at least a few people would have now seen some value in examining other ideas rather than following the lemmings repeating mindless mantras about $2500 Gold coming within weeks or months.

I never gave a timeframe, which i s why I am sure $2500 will come (see the FED devaluing the dollar?)-- but I believe $100/Oz silver will come [$100 in today's money] because there simply isn't the incentive to recycle it otherwise.

I never gave a timeframe, which i s why I am sure $2500 will come (see the FED devaluing the dollar?)-- but I believe $100/Oz silver will come [$100 in today's money] because there simply isn't the incentive to recycle it otherwise.

Chris,

I agree that it is very possible.

But not at all guaranteed. And we should stay alert to contrary evidence IMHO