I agree with you.

But if you look at the estimates of the amount of Gold that exists, they seem to start with a figure near to zero in 1800 or so.

Yes it is strange that from offical accounting estimates there was a near to zero figure considering gold coins at that time were circulating as a form of currency.

Oh dude, nothing is strange about this. Nearly everything was at zero back in 1800 when measured in relative terms. We don't want to ignore 200 years of industrialization (incl. the 1849/90 gold rushes etc.), the advent of cheap fossile energy and the population explosion, or do we? :rolleyes:

EDIT: In contrary to green lizzard men, huge amounts of secret gold, and the end of the world in 2012, the facts that I mentioned above are well-documented and contain no major logical flaws. :lol:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

SO let me get it straight. There are vast quantities of gold hidden away by the illuminati/Rothchilds etc. Gold isn't in fact scarce, so it is really quite worthless. They are conspiring to bid up the price of gold into bubble levels, so they can dump it onto unsuspecting goldbugs. Hmmmmmm.

Don't forget the green lizzard men who will then convert all this gold into their favourite soda, and gone!!! :lol: :lol:

128924449690435996.jpg

Oh dude, nothing is strange about this. Nearly everything was at zero back in 1800 when measured in relative terms. We don't want to ignore 200 years of industrialization (incl. the 1849/90 gold rushes etc.), the advent of cheap fossile energy and the population explosion, or do we? :rolleyes:

EDIT: In contrary to green lizzard men, huge amounts of secret gold, and the end of the world in 2012, the facts that I mentioned above are well-documented and contain no major logical flaws. :lol:

Why? Who said? What is the relevence to the question of the accounting of gold after the 1800's?

Why? Who said? What is the relevence to the question of the accounting of gold after the 1800's?

7 billion people with cheap fuel and lots of machines can do much more prospecting and digging than 1 billion who have nothing but wooden shovels and mules.

WorldPopulation.jpg

People snapping up cheap physical (I feel like a gold Krusty writing this...).

http://www.emirates247.com/markets/bargain-gold-spurs-buying-spree-in-dubai-2011-12-18-1.433172

'Bargain' gold spurs buying spree in Dubai

Dubai analyst says bull-run isn’t over – at least not yet

Physical gold buying saw a significant upsurge last week after prices slumped in the wake of global concerns. “I was resigned to the fact that the physical buying in our market (Dubai and UAE in the wider sense) had finished for the year, and then came Thursday, 15th December. We saw excellent buying from customers which reminded us very strongly of the heydays in August/September,” Gerhard Schubert, Head of Precious Metals at Dubai-based Emirates NBD, said in his weekly precious metals report.

Wilcock says that the Gold was mined long ago, and collected into China over hundreds of years.

In fact, I have also heard something about this story from other sources about two years ago, and so it has fascinated me how the story that has come out through Wilcock is so similar to what I heard then, and found so hard to believe. Another past of the story I heard was how people we have not heard of, are the true powers within this world, and they were virtually at War with the Illuminati.

When one hears such a strange story from such different sources, it does slowly become somewhat more believable.

Now with this case being heard by a NY court, more information and corroboration should begin to leak out, if there is indeed anything to it.

How about Science?

My link

Ever wonder where the gold in your wedding ring came from? This Valentine's Day, we ask Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of New York City's Hayden Planetarium, to explain the history of the rare element.

In the Beginning

According to Tyson, author of Death by Black Hole and Other Cosmic Quandries, all gold on Earth started out in the center of a star; he says stars are "in the business of cosmic alchemy."

When the universe began, there were only two kinds of atoms: hydrogen, which has one proton, and helium, which has two protons.

The problem was that hydrogen and helium couldn't combine to make a new kind of atom of three, four or five protons. The two atoms resisted each other because they were the same charge.

Unless, of course, it got very, very hot. How much heat would it take to get two protons to sit together?

About 10 million degrees, Tyson says. And that's where stars come in.

Fiery Fusion

Stars like our sun are so hot that protons collide with such force and have no choice but to combine. It's called fusion. Inside the sun's furnace, protons turn into heavier and heavier atoms: Hydrogen atoms combine to become helium, and then those helium atoms combine to become carbon.

"It keeps going," Tyson says. "Carbon and oxygen and nitrogen and silicon, and [fusion] just plows its way up the periodic table of elements."

Carbon has six protons, nitrogen seven protons, oxygen eight protons. A hot star can cook all the way up to iron, a 26-proton atom. But that's where it stops.

"When you reach iron, nobody can do anything... It's dead matter. You can't fusion it. You can't fission it," Tyson explains.

Once a star has converted all its atoms into iron, it's out of fuel.

"That's a bad day for the star," Tyson says. "And at that moment, the entire star collapses, and in that collapse, the star reaches stratospheric temperatures and blows its guts to smithereens."

The Collapsing Star

A collapsing star is called a supernova. The explosion is so powerful and cataclysmic that you can see it across the universe.

Supernovae outshine whole galaxies, because the atoms inside are colliding furiously, creating intense heat — hundreds of millions of degrees.

Only in a supernova is it possible to create atoms with 30 protons, 40 protons, 50 protons or even 60 protons. Nature prefers even numbers for stability, but every so often, the star will forge an odd-numbered atom, a real rarity: gold!

Gold is a rare, odd-numbered atom with 79 protons. For every single gold atom in the universe, there are 1 million iron atoms, Tyson says.

A Long Journey

After the explosion, those few gold atoms are cast deep into the universe where they sit in empty space for eons. Eventually, some of the atoms may join a cloud. That cloud may condense into a planet.

Once inside a planet, some of the atoms may make it near the surface where we can come and dig them up.

So every atom of gold in your wedding ring was forged in a collapsing star, and then traveled across the universe to get to your finger. All the gold we wear and all the gold we give has made this same journey.

So how many miles and how many years are represented in a ring?

Calculating the path from several supernovae around our galaxy back to our solar system, Tyson concludes, all told, it's a journey of 3 million light years.

I really don't know what to say about Thrive, David Icke, David WIlcox, Ben Fulford, illuminati, telepathy, Aliens and Binderbergs et al. Even if any or all of this is true (tho frankly much seems highly suspicious to my mind and kinda undermines the credibility of the evidence-based ethos of this site) it is essentially unactionable

information.

Here here

I'm no expert on reading people but my intuition struggles to see Wilcock, Fulford and Icke as credible figures.

Only in a supernova is it possible to create atoms with 30 protons, 40 protons, 50 protons or even 60 protons. Nature prefers even numbers for stability, but every so often, the star will forge an odd-numbered atom, a real rarity: gold!

So you need your own personal Death Star to create gold? Maybe Darth Vader was just a misunderstood gold bug!

2012 Gold Averages: Goldman $1,810/oz, Barclays $2,000/oz and UBS $2,050/oz

Bullion banks remain positive on gold for 2012 with major banks predicting an average gold price of between 13% and 28% above today’s spot at $1,595/oz. It will be interesting to see if these forecasts get as much international media coverage as the poll of 20 hedge fund managers has.

UBS have reiterated their bullish outlook for gold and believe gold will average $2,050/oz in 2012. This is 28% above today’s spot price of $1595/oz.

Goldman Sachs said overnight that gold will average $1,810/oz in 2012 – which is 13% above today’s spot price.

Barclays Capital have said this morning that gold will average $2,000/oz in 2012 – which is 25% above today’s spot price.

Gold will move higher due to “structural pillars of support” in an environment of negative real interest rates and rising inflationary pressures, as well as continued central bank buying.

Given the risks posed to the Eurozone and indeed the UK, gold priced in sterling and euros should experience similar gains - if not more.

The ECB’s Draghi’s warning regarding a Eurozone break up, currency devaluations and the risk of a “big inflation” is a reminder that the price of gold should be considered not solely in dollar terms but also in other currencies –especially were the European single currency to become less single.

http://www.goldcore.com/goldcore_blog/2012-gold-averages-goldman-1810oz-barclays-2000oz-and-ubs-2050oz

Bullion banks remain positive on gold for 2012 with major banks predicting an average gold price of between 13% and 28% above today’s spot at $1,595/oz. It will be interesting to see if these forecasts get as much international media coverage as the poll of 20 hedge fund managers has.

UBS have reiterated their bullish outlook for gold and believe gold will average $2,050/oz in 2012. This is 28% above today’s spot price of $1595/oz.

Goldman Sachs said overnight that gold will average $1,810/oz in 2012 – which is 13% above today’s spot price.

Barclays Capital have said this morning that gold will average $2,000/oz in 2012 – which is 25% above today’s spot price.

Gold will move higher due to “structural pillars of support” in an environment of negative real interest rates and rising inflationary pressures, as well as continued central bank buying.

Given the risks posed to the Eurozone and indeed the UK, gold priced in sterling and euros should experience similar gains - if not more.

The ECB’s Draghi’s warning regarding a Eurozone break up, currency devaluations and the risk of a “big inflation” is a reminder that the price of gold should be considered not solely in dollar terms but also in other currencies –especially were the European single currency to become less single.

And they have no vested interest... If they really believe that gold is currently selling at a 13-25% discount then I presume they are buying with both hands?

http://www.goldcore.com/goldcore_blog/2012-gold-averages-goldman-1810oz-barclays-2000oz-and-ubs-2050oz

Gold to drop in Q1, far from retesting record high: Reuters poll

(Reuters) - Gold prices will fall below $1,500 an ounce over the next three months and are unlikely to retest September's all-time highs until later 2012 at the earliest, according to a Reuters poll of 20 hedge fund managers, economists and traders.

The bleak forecast, coming after gold has lost 11 percent of its value so far this month, is likely to fuel fears that bullion is close to ending its more than decade long bull run and entering a bear market.

Almost half of respondents predicted bullion will fall to 1,450 an ounce in the first quarter next year, with three seeing prices as low as $1,400 an ounce.

"What is surprising is that in an environment where headline risk news is bigger than ever, gold has actually fallen from its highs," said Christoph Eibl, CEO and founding partner of the Swiss commodity hedge fund Tiberius.

"We believe that, in 2012, of all metals gold will be the worst performing," Eibl said.

Four said they don't expect a new record until at least 2014.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/18/us-gold-poll-idUSTRE7BH09L20111218

Every bullish call from the investment banks always seems to precede a spike higher than a major sell-off. I wonder if this will be any different.

Gold to drop in Q1, far from retesting record high: Reuters poll

(Reuters) - Gold prices will fall below $1,500 an ounce over the next three months and are unlikely to retest September's all-time highs until later 2012 at the earliest, according to a Reuters poll of 20 hedge fund managers, economists and traders.

The bleak forecast, coming after gold has lost 11 percent of its value so far this month, is likely to fuel fears that bullion is close to ending its more than decade long bull run and entering a bear market.

Almost half of respondents predicted bullion will fall to 1,450 an ounce in the first quarter next year, with three seeing prices as low as $1,400 an ounce.

"What is surprising is that in an environment where headline risk news is bigger than ever, gold has actually fallen from its highs," said Christoph Eibl, CEO and founding partner of the Swiss commodity hedge fund Tiberius.

"We believe that, in 2012, of all metals gold will be the worst performing," Eibl said.

Four said they don't expect a new record until at least 2014.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/18/us-gold-poll-idUSTRE7BH09L20111218

This, on the other hand, is very encouraging.

7 billion people with cheap fuel and lots of machines can do much more prospecting and digging than 1 billion who have nothing but wooden shovels and mules.

WorldPopulation.jpg

Yes thanks thats really great I appreciate your response, but the original question was about how much gold was really in existence prior to the 1800's, besides European accounting totals. Like anything else many businesses have a habit of not disclosing or being truly transparent when it comes to holdings of wealth profits...to avoid paying taxes etc, and furthermore in your own very words about dishonest bankers etc, so to add what makes you think they were transparently honest back in the 1800's?

I am aware you believe gold will continue to rise as it is speculated as to be a true safe haven and when and if due to hyper-infaltionary forces it will not be subject to high valuation loss. You could be right about this, and I do not dispute that, but I personally feel there is something not quite right about all of this, and that is only reason why I am at present bothering to question you as you appear to possess the strongest motivation in this scenario.

BTW I am not in the Wilcock or Fulford camp or for that matter take the likes of David Icke seriously at all, but it does make interesting reading when I am bored.

Yes thanks thats really great I appreciate your response, but the original question was about how much gold was really in existence prior to the 1800's, besides European accounting totals...

Some market researchers have produced charts like this:

3.jpg

/source: http://news.goldseek.com/Dani/1273767071.php

(2)

Cumulative Gold Production in metric tonnes (1835-2006)

goldhist.jpg

/source: http://www.goldsheetlinks.com/production2.htm

/USGS--: http://minerals.usgs.gov/ds/2005/140/

(3)

071709whiskey.jpg

/source: http://whiskeyandgunpowder.com/looking-at-gold-price-trends/

Note that: production was DECLINING from above 5mn oz. pa, when the chart started.

But they seem to ignore some facts:

+ In earlier times, Gold was monay, and there would have been a scramble to find it

+ Very rich grades of gold would have existed, and been exploited for thousands of years

BTW I am not in the Wilcock or Fulford camp or for that matter take the likes of David Icke seriously at all, but it does make interesting reading when I am bored.

No one has the exact numbers. But to me it makes a lot of sense that most gold was produced in modern times. Peak oil will mean peak gold IMHO. Also, that someone holds gold for the past 200 years (a very old someone indeed!) and now in the biggest paper money crisis ever will suddenly show up and dump it all at once is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It is right up there with lizzard men, Elvis being alive and Michael Jackson being an alien (although, I regard the latter two as more likely :lol: :lol:). Even funnier that there are people who believe such things but don't acknowledge how central banksters and bullion banksters mess around with gold.

No one has the exact numbers. But to me it makes a lot of sense that most gold was produced in modern times. Peak oil will mean peak gold IMHO. Also, that someone holds gold for the past 200 years (a very old someone indeed!) and now in the biggest paper money crisis ever will suddenly show up and dump it all at once is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It is right up there with lizzard men, Elvis being alive and Michael Jackson being an alien (although, I regard the latter two as more likely :lol: :lol:). Even funnier that there are people who believe such things but don't acknowledge how central banksters and bullion banksters mess around with gold.

i agree, its ridiculous.

how did we get to the point where people actually believe these nutters on the internet?

i've got a crazy thought - how about some evidence/proof.

the crazier the theory the less evidence some people seem to require to believe it, its moronic.

i agree, its ridiculous.

how did we get to the point where people actually believe these nutters on the internet?

i've got a crazy thought - how about some evidence/proof.

the crazier the theory the less evidence some people seem to require to believe it, its moronic.

Indeed. I showed some oft-cited figures that suggest even the most sophisticated ancient societies mined relatively little gold, and that even the early industrial era gold rushes yielded very little metal. Answer came there none.