• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I know this is off topic but I didnt want to start a new thread for it. What do you make of the story about the IMF chief being charged with sex offenses and now locked up without bail? I suspect there's something going on here, with the Americans punishing him for something other than the sex offense.

Have you missed the relevant thread in the FRINGE section ?:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=14809

http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/2011/05/positive-money-podcast-episode-2-professor-mary-mellor/

GF's remark of 'you can't tax deflation' certainly rings true.

The prof above says that the currency is the reflection of the ability to tax and if this is true, the hoarding of gold by a populace in times of currency devaluation must be a complete nightmare for TPTB. It all starts to make logical sense to keep pm prices suppressed. But how will this end now that Au is being remonetized. I can see trouble ahead but not the end game or what TPTB will do. I can't see that confiscation would work but punitive taxes on PM sales would be possible and a Black market to follow. This may make an exit from PM's tougher than we think. :ph34r:

http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/2011/05/positive-money-podcast-episode-2-professor-mary-mellor/

GF's remark of 'you can't tax deflation' certainly rings true.

The prof above says that the currency is the reflection of the ability to tax and if this is true, the hoarding of gold by a populace in times of currency devaluation must be a complete nightmare for TPTB. It all starts to make logical sense to keep pm prices suppressed. But how will this end now that Au is being remonetized. I can see trouble ahead but not the end game or what TPTB will do. I can't see that confiscation would work but punitive taxes on PM sales would be possible and a Black market to follow. This may make an exit from PM's tougher than we think. :ph34r:

Numont and Glass Earth are looking at opening some more mines here in NZ. This is part of a natural process; gold rises in price until it becomes economically viable to mine/ produce more of it. imo the re-monetization of gold also co-incides with the re-capitalization of economies. Why would governments want to interfer with this process, or supress the price of gold. As it is, the price of gold is moving up at a slow enough pace not too get people too excited about it... but at a pace where many wrongly suspect it's in a bubble.

http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/christopher-laird/is-stagflation-the-long-term-trend

But, interestingly, gold held rather steady compared to silver, which, come on guys, had reached double the recent price ranges from a former peak of about $20 for the last few years, then reaching 2.5 times that when silver touched or tried to touch $50 this last year. That was a speculation bubble which was going to correct regardless.

So, in a way, I would not use the major silver correction as a measure to take any credibility from gold’s steady rise to the $1500 range over the years. So, I discount the silver rally/crash as being a total negative on gold prices. Silver is another matter and can correct a good deal here too, if the USD continues rallying, which today the USD is at 75.47 on the USDX, which is heavily Euro weighted.

We also indicated to subscribers the TSX had peaked around 14000 that after the USD bottom alert, and that the Euro was turning down two weeks ago. The Dow is stalled at 12500.

Gold, oil: it seems some Einsteins out there have just discovered that none of the problems have been solved or have gone away. :lol:

Wrong I'm afraid, GF. As we all know, the dictator, Gordon Brown 'solved' the UK's last financial hoo-haa some time ago.

The next one (due to arrive soon) will be totally unconnected.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vince-cable-warns-of-second-financial-emergency-2289206.html

Major purchase of gold ETF's. Had to, despite the expected summer correction, which I do not expect to be significant. The reason, is that cash in banks in Greece does not seem safe, after political leaders failed to come to agreement. I only wish I did that a little bit earlier at the 1470$ level.

Major purchase of gold ETF's. Had to, despite the expected summer correction, which I do not expect to be significant. The reason, is that cash in banks in Greece does not seem safe, after political leaders failed to come to agreement. I only wish I did that a little bit earlier at the 1470$ level.

Sweet. The trend is pretty clear. Steady as she goes.... year on year.

long.jpg

Man, when that yellow metal blows, it will an awe inspiring sight. For the first since owning PMs, I'm actually very aprehensive about the world we will be living in when that yellow volcano explodes. Or perhaps like an exploding star would be a better description.