No, not going to Scotland. South France has nicer weather right now. :) Maybe in summer I'll hit the UK again.

Yes, Jake, this was originally planned as a Japan trip. Oh well. We still want to go in the years to come, and I am not over paranoid regarding quakes and nukes. Yeah, silver! Moonshot in progress.

They gave me a pretty fast little black BMW this time (so, if you see one down at the Mediterranean...). Fun to drive, but safety first. OK, so long.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

My link

Why record gold price is good news for burglars and bad for householders

Tens of thousands of households are “seriously under-insured” after the gold price has risen more than fivefold during the last decade, according to Britain’s biggest friendly society.

Most contents policies set a maximum limit on any single valuable item of £1,000 a decade ago and the equivalent figure today is £1,500. While that may have kept pace with increased prices for some household goods, it has been left far behind by the soaring value of gold jewellery

:lol:

G&s sharp drops doing serious damage to related stocks / juniors today. Thank goodness for cash on the sidelines. Come on markets do your worst.

Serious damage?

GDX down only 1.26%

GDXJ is down a bit more - 2.5%.

Ignore the noise.

I believe we still have not seen the highs for this spring. I note that

Eurogold remains cheap at around 1000 Euros/ounch. Bought more physical today.

I also note that in Greece, there is now restriction in the number of gold coins

sold from some banks (5 per person per week) and I am told that the Bank of Greece is no longer selling. The question then is no longer at what price you buy your physical, but whether you will still be able to obtain it in the future from reliable sources.

No posts on this thread in more than a day? Is this a sign - of what?

A sign of super-enthusiasm, a massive bubbleitious top!

No, really, I think I have come to the conclusion about a year ago that it's pointless speculating on the price of gold in fiat. Just get some when you can.

The only speculation i have entered into recently was swapping silver for gold, and i will continue to execute my plan there as the ratio drops to 32, 27 and 22...

A sign of super-enthusiasm, a massive bubbleitious top!

No, really, I think I have come to the conclusion about a year ago that it's pointless speculating on the price of gold in fiat. Just get some when you can.

The only speculation i have entered into recently was swapping silver for gold, and i will continue to execute my plan there as the ratio drops to 32, 27 and 22...

Could not agree more. Its an end game. Why waste precious time reading about the minutae? Life has so much more to offer.

Could not agree more. Its an end game. Why waste precious time reading about the minutae? Life has so much more to offer.

We are soooooo far from a bubble...

Sit down, get a cup of tea and enjoy this! (I sense he is becoming a little more nervous that someone will take him up on the offer, though!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef0VG1WEP10

For completeness, here's an older video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk5aRIz17fk

We are soooooo far from a bubble...

Sit down, get a cup of tea and enjoy this! (I sense he is becoming a little more nervous that someone will take him up on the offer, though!)

2nd Vid, last guy's Parrot : "Squak-sqer-squak" [rough translation : "Why didn't my stupid owner teach me how to say pieces of eight!"

About £915 in December - why? You looking for a double top per chance?

Well........... As I'm going through a messy divorce and my investment assets will be valued and divided up in June a big drop would suit me well........ :)

Then a massive rally would really make my year !

Mind you that would make Acton Girl even more grumpy....................:unsure:

I'm not selling anything before I face the 'contempt of court' threat !

Where do you buy your coins from, one here not far from me,

http://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/?gclid=CIeYodGI7Z8CFdkB4wodW27SYg

What about storage, i know banks allow you to use their safe for a small fee, but have heard most banks check what your storing. Also how easy will it be to sell coins, i'd imagine trying to sell 50 Britannias in one go might be difficult when you need to.

http://www.gold4ex.be/servlet/javaparser?pgm=lst_or_new&lg=uk

If anyone can find a cheaper dealer

tell me

prices in €

Hatton Garden Metals for Krugs : £928.5 (gold4ex ~ £940 @ €1.12975407) .... having said this, both sites are quoting 3% above spot as their sell premium, so maybe my fx rates are doolally?

Elm Investments are usually pretty good for Sovs (cheapest QE2 £219), but your suggestion trumps them (£218), so thanks for the heads up.

Have to say that Coininvest are almost looking arbitrageable. B)