AAK thinks that only because my investments (like everyone's) depend on the stability of law (stealing must be illegal), I'd be exposed to default risk. There is some confusion it seems. Furthermore, he (like everyone on here) does not know in what exact quantities and how (by what means) I am invested.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

AAK thinks that only because my investments (like everyone's) depend on the stability of law (stealing must be illegal), I'd be exposed to default risk. There is some confusion it seems. Furthermore, he (like everyone on here) does not know in what exact quantities and how (by what means) I am invested.

Sorry, but the guy is a troll. Barn him!!

Flooding good discussions with worthless argumentative cr*p.

We all know there is really only one (maybe two) assets which make the best insurance to default risk.

Furthermore, we all know in what quantities and how you are invested ;):D

4c9ab8f8ed5b1dd8_large.jpg

Sorry, but the guy is a troll.Barn him!!

Flooding good discussions with worthless argumentative cr*p.

We all know there is really only one (maybe two) assets which make the best insurance to default risk.

Furthermore, we all know in what quantities and how you are invested ;):D

4c9ab8f8ed5b1dd8_large.jpg

I am not sure that ALK should be 'barned' - after all, if he were confined to a barn, we would never get these absolute gems" People prefer to use trusted paper and deposits than bits of metal of unknown quality." :lol:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=4411&view=findpost&p=211248

I am not sure that ALK should be 'barned' - after all, if he were confined to a barn, we would never get these absolute gems" People prefer to use trusted paper and deposits than bits of metal of unknown quality." :lol:

At least he is not getting paid for doing this. A cartel-paid troll would be much more subtle... :rolleyes:

gold.gif

This is explained away by this.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12935003

US unemployment rate falls to 8.8%

The US unemployment rate fell to a new two-year low in March of 8.8%, from 8.9% in February.WOW a .1% LIE DAMN LIE AND STATISTIC.

It was the fourth monthly fall in a row. The unemployment rate has fallen by a percentage point during the last four months.

WHAT A BLEEDING JOKE I MEAN PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant they find some real original/decent reason to MANIPULATE the price it really is getting BORING now.

ERROLS SWINGS WILL BE IN FULL EFFECT AGAIN TODAY.

WHAT A BLEEDING JOKE I MEAN PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant they find some real original/decent reason to MANIPULATE the price it really is getting BORING now.

ERROLS SWINGS WILL BE IN FULL EFFECT AGAIN TODAY.

Labor Force Participation rate continues to be at a 25 year low of 64.2%

Yeah - what a recovery!!

What is the rule on buying gold and having to inform the government - I read that if you make a purchase of £5000+ or make purchases of £10000+ in a single year, the gold dealer has to notify the government. Is this rule for each individual dealer or doesn't it matter (i.e. if I bought £3500 from 3 different dealers in a year, then that would be me over the £10000 limit)? Also is the year a calendar year or is it a year after I made my first purchase?

Thanks

From Bairds website:

Am I required to provide identification when dealing with you?

Small purchases or sales by private individuals below five thousand pounds can be executed without any identification needing to be provided, although we will ask you for a name and address for the invoice. However, if you are spending more than five thousand pounds in a single transaction or more than ten thousand pounds in the course of a year than we will be required to ask for identification. We also require identification for anyone wishing to open an unallocated or allocated account with us. This information is solely for our own use and is stored securely on our premises. It is never shared with any government department nor other third party, and would never be disclosed unless we are compelled to do so by the authorities in relation to a serious crime

I'd suggest buying little and often, from separate sources.

This from Chris Weber of www.weberglobal.net

While copy/pasteing this from the PDF file the formatting was lost, so I've replaced it as best I can.

I can't give a link as the original is password protected.

Mods permission has been given to post this.

Where Is America's Gold?

The Mystery of Ft Knox

What Do They Have to Hide?

My new book, Good As Gold? is now available. I've tried to make it a clear and readable

history of what happened to the gold confiscated from Americans and put into Fort Knox in

the 1930s. I've used the government's own words and statements to paint a picture I think is

shocking. There has never been an accounting of this gold. There has never been a real

audit of it. (I know people say there was one in 1953, but after reading my book, I wonder if

anyone really can believe this.)

At every turn when the government was asked to provide proof of either the amount of gold

they have left, or the quality of it, they have answered with lies and evasions. They have been

acting like they have something to hide.

What we do know is that until August 15, 1971 any foreign central bank could go to the US

Treasury and buy official US gold at $35 per ounce. It was the last link to the international

gold standard. Before then, all currencies were defined in terms of the US dollar, and the US

dollar was defined in terms of gold. A dollar equaled 1/35th of an ounce of gold; $35 equaled

one troy ounce of gold.

But on that day the gold window closed. Since then, no more US government gold has been

exchanged for US paper money. In my book, I uncover a 1975 letter from the Washington DC

director of the General Accounting Office. Quoting US Treasury sources, the GAO director

pretty much comes out and says that there was almost no more "good delivery" gold left. This

means that the gold that would be acceptable on international markets and have a purity of

.995 or better was almost gone by the time Nixon closed the gold window. They knew that

there was almost nothing left that was of a purity acceptable to foreign central banks.

We can only guess at what remains, and the purity of it. In fact, we could do more than

guess, if the government only let sunlight in. The technology now exists to scan each bar of

gold and see how much gold it really contains. There could be independent accountants and

a generally public procedure to show how much the US government has.

To be sure, the US government puts out a report each year detailing the official numbers of

what they have. Here is the latest one from a few weeks ago:

Department of the Treasury -- Financial Management Service

STATUS REPORT OF U.S. TREASURY-OWNED GOLD

January 31, 2011

Summary Fine Troy Ounces Book Value

Gold Bullion 258,641,851.485 $10,920,427,976.14

Gold Coins, Blanks, Miscellaneous 2,857,047.831 120,630,844.95

Total 261,498,899.316 11,041,058,821.09

Mint- Held Gold - Deep Storage

Denver, CO 43,853,707.279 1,851,599,995.81

Fort Knox, KY 147,341,858.382 6,221,097,412.78

West Point, NY 54,067,331.379 2,282,841,677.17

Subtotal - Deep Storage Gold 245,262,897.040 10,355,539,085.76

Mint-Held Treasury Gold -

Working Stock

All locations - Coins, blanks,

miscellaneous 2,783,218.656 117,513,614.74

Subtotal - Working Stock Gold 2,783,218.656 117,513,614.74

Grand Total - Mint-Held Gold 248,046,115.696 10,473,052,700.50

Federal Reserve Bank-Held Gold

Gold Bullion:

Federal Reserve Banks - NY Vault 13,376,961.126 564,804,727.98

Federal Reserve Banks - display 1,993.319 84,162.40

Subtotal - Gold Bullion 13,378,954.445 564,888,890.38

Gold Coins:

Federal Reserve Banks - NY Vault 73,808.979 3,116,377.47

Federal Reserve Banks - display 20.196 852.74

Subtotal - Gold Coins 73,829.175 3,117,230.21

Total - Federal Reserve

Bank-Held Gold 13,452,783.620 568,006,120.59

Total - Treasury-Owned Gold 261,498,899.316 $11,041,058,821.09

Deep Storage: Deep-Storage gold is the portion of the U.S. government-owned Gold Bullion Reserve that the

U.S. Mint secures in sealed vaults, which are examined annually by the Department of Treasury's Office of the

Inspector General. Deep-Storage gold comprises the vast majority of the Reserve and consists primarily of gold

bars. This portion was formerly called "Bullion Reserve" or "Custodial Gold Bullion Reserve."

Working Stock: Working-Stock gold is the portion of the U.S. government-owned Gold Bullion Reserve that the U.S.

Mint uses as the raw material for minting congressionally authorized coins. Working-Stock gold comprises only about 1

percent of the Reserve and consists of bars, blanks, unsold coins, and condemned coins. This portion was formerly

listed as individual coins and blanks or called "PEF Gold."

So this is what the US government says they have, and where they have it. In fact, by their

own words, nearly all of it is in what they call "Deep Storage". The gold here is not examined

annually. Instead, the "sealed vaults" are examined annually. But what this means is that they

just do a cursory check to see if the seal has been broken.

By the way, the "book value" of this gold is absurd. It is officially valued at $42.22 per ounce.

This is because that was the last "official" value of the US dollar. A few months after the

August 15, 1971 closing of the gold window, Nixon devalued the US dollar. This was on

December 17, 1971. The official gold price was raised from $35 to $42.22.

But this new price meant nothing. They still weren't going to sell gold at this new, slightly

higher rate. It was really a sham. Other countries had long been after the US to raise the

official gold price, so Nixon finally did it. But what good did that do when this was the price at

which the US would not --repeat, not-- redeem its paper dollars into gold?

As I hope my book shows, there has been the atmosphere of a sham --even a fraud-- about

the US policy toward gold for generations. The Nixon fraud was only one in a series of sham

acts.

I don't understand why today's government would be afraid to open the vaults and publicly count

and assay the gold. After all, if a lie was revealed they could say that it wasn't their fault:

they weren't even born when these policies were put into place.

Officially, the US has by far the largest government reserves of gold in the world. Here are the

top eight nations and the amount they have in millions of troy ounces:

So, officially, the US has much more than twice its nearest rival, Germany. It has nearly eight

times as much as China--again, officially.

But China has quietly become the world's largest producer of gold, and the Chinese central

bank buys 100% of all production at the market price. I'm sure they make certain this gold is

of the utmost purity. I'm suspicious of the 'official' Chinese total, which I really believe is a

state secret, and may be much higher than they state here.

In any event, it is the US gold this article is all about. We need to finally see what is left of the gold that was confiscated from

the American people in 1933. We need to know how much is left from the 702 million ounces the US had in 1949, when this was by far the most gold held by one owner in history.

There are elected members of Congress, in both parties, who are ready to try to open the vaults. One of them, Ron Paul, wrote the forward to my book.

It is for sale at amazon.com, and through all of the Amazon affiliates around the world. For the US, the price of the book is $8.35. I wanted to make it this low so that no one could say it was too expensive to buy. Also, Amazon charges a shipping and handling fee of $3 for all orders up to $25. Above this, you can choose free shipping. It just so happens that $8.35 X 3 = $25.05. So you can buy three copies and give two away to people who may not realize what has been going on. Even if a person doesn't understand theimportance of gold as an investment, this is a sort of mystery story: What Happened to the Gold? Why have they been acting as if they had something to hide?

If you have a newsletter or blog, you can arrange with Amazon that you keep a percentage of any amount that people buy when they link to the book on your site. This means any amount of anything that people buy when they are on your link to Amazon.

Sorry for the little price spike: I just went 100% in with my SIPP. :lol:

(No joke with the SIPP, but I doubt anyone took notice...)

I don't know, because remember the 100-1 physical/paper ratio - you just exerted a buy which took 100x shorts off the market.

Now, i bet that's quite a bit of paper!