A little disappointing so far. I mean, seriously, even if you're a trader like Bubb, you can't tell me you can make money out of this micro moves.

Some serious (Chinese? Indian? The Fed already?) buyers seem to completely back-stop gold nowadays.

even if you're a trader like Bubb, you can't tell me you can make money out of this micro moves.

Your dead WRONG bubb always makes money just look at his diary he cant lose no matter what happens. :rolleyes:

he makes so much i started to wonder whether he had got his own printing press :blink:

six figures six figures double bagger six bagger ten bagger :unsure:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Could someone please tell me how you arrive at where the red resistance line is drawn?

R2-R1=G1 R3-R2=G2

G2 - G1 / G1 X 100 = % Gain (Value - Cost / Cost X 100 = % Gain)

So to work out R4 I took R3 and added the % Gain.

I hope that makes sense. I actually think that R4 is going to be broken very soon, Manipulation in the market by the bullion banks is going to make TA useless.

I truly think the gold cartel and bullion banks have made such an obvious pattern to make people sell when the line was reached. I think they are just trying to clear out all the small fry so that they can make all the money for themselves.

Buy & hold ignore the daily noise.

20101217-c4xqrh1wx5459rn5cnqsps8ebj.jpg

R2-R1=G1 R3-R2=G2

G2 - G1 / G1 X 100 = % Gain (Value - Cost / Cost X 100 = % Gain)

So to work out R4 I took R3 and added the % Gain.

I hope that makes sense. I actually think that R4 is going to be broken very soon, Manipulation in the market by the bullion banks is going to make TA useless.

I truly think the gold cartel and bullion banks have made such an obvious pattern to make people sell when the line was reached. I think they are just trying to clear out all the small fry so that they can make all the money for themselves.

Buy & hold ignore the daily noise.

20101217-c4xqrh1wx5459rn5cnqsps8ebj.jpg

So it's a log chart displayed linearly, the % increase between resistance is the same each time?

So it's a log chart displayed linearly, the % increase between resistance is the same each time?

Yes, but the last one doesn't quite look right on a log graph. The escalating manipulation has slowed things down.

Worth a read - especially for the Indian government.

So to summarise so far, out of 1,912 tonnes at the BIS, 90% of it is now unallocated and nearly all of this gold is held in unallocated accounts at other central banks. While this sight gold at central banks is technically deliverable on demand, there is no apparent requirement for them to actually have it. It is therefore entirely possible for a central bank to retain only a small portion of the total owed on sight accounts, which after all is what banks have done from time immemorial.

The temptations to use physical gold from these unallocated sight accounts to supply the market have been enormous, given the progressive demonetisation and discreditation of gold by the BIS founder members. It is easy, without proper audits, to keep these activities secret from the markets and even from other central banks not in the inner circle. It would be very interesting to know, for example, the terms under which India agreed to buy 200 tonnes of gold from the IMF. Did she actually take delivery into an earmarked account, or was it a pure paper transaction across sight accounts?

http://www.financeandeconomics.org/Article...12.16%20BIS.htm

I found this short video explaining how gold is mined and turned into a finished product. It really does show you just how energy intensive modern gold mining is.

The way I see it, cheap oil = cheap gold. I expect long term oil prices to rise as the effects of peak oil take hold, and I think that the oil price rise will be reflected in the gold price over time.

http://www.snotr.com/video/5963

An entertaining video with Max Keiser & Mike Maloney In Paris (1/3)

http://goldsilver.com/video/Max-Keiser-Mik...y-In-Paris-1-3/

Sorry, I dont know how to embed video.:(

Here you go;

[ youtube ] ghBkuuk9vpI [ /youtube ] - without the spaces

Too true - I'll have to buy my SIPP gold soon.

GF, I think we should start a campaign to draw attention to your plight.

Might be an idea if you changed your handle first though! :)

Great comments on gold in this youtube vid. Ties in with Jim Sinclair's views, I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKNPP-IEhhs...player_embedded

Thanks for posting Ben Davies. Always entertaining these CNBC interviews and BD is so well composed. I think a lot of what he says is the FOFOA point of view. The 'endgame ' for gold is that it will endure much longer than paper. Then it will revalue itself much, much higher.

Interviewer: 'oh, come on...all bull markets come to an end''

Davies: 'maybe not, this time till gold reprices currencies in some form or other.

Great comments worth reading there, too.

Always worth tuning into KWN for the Ben Davies interviews if nothing else. Jim Rikards gave a great interview, particularly part 2 of the most recent recent interview. And Griffiths (Cazenove), too.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Bro...s__Part_II.html

11 minutes in... and Jim mentions money illusion, and ideas going back to the 20s! Good to see this idea making a comeback, and people thinking outside the box of monetarism, which was built on a denial of this most fundamental of ideas. Those who only see "inflation expectation" do not see that money illusion can cut both ways. Fisher talked about the first way in regard to 20s Weimar, Keynes talked about the second in regard to the wider depression that followed. To make sense of monetary instability today, the idea of money illusion [widely conceived] must be central imo.

I'd add the idea of money illusion, combined with remonetization of gold, cuts through the old dry inflation/ deflation debate.... because each of those camps labour under their own distinct forms of money illusion; 1] currency-centric illusion for the deflationists, and 2] monetarist illusion for the [hyper] inflationists.

A little light reading here:

1] http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=176763

2] http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=176193