• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

@ Pixel8R

Your graph is in error.

It does not show for instance the collapse from 725$ to 565$ that occured in May-June 2006.

See ktco.com for the data at that time.

The chart is not in error it is a monthly closing chart, so only shows the monthly closing prices. The detail you are talking about would show on a weekly or daily chart.

Well, I think you could be splitting hairs there. Plus, I don't see much point in drawing a trend line from the lowest point of forced liquidation in '08.

I don't see it as splitting hairs, my graph clearly shows that the rate of increase is escalating as we move further into this bull market, which is totally to be expected. Your 20% a year is going to be blown out of the water as we move into the mania stage, when the price rise is almost vertical, where as my chart should still hold true.

Don't you expect the percentage gains to be more as we get further into this, or do you expect to be just getting a boring 20% until this over? I am expecting the gains to end in 100%+ years.

Here is a graph of what happened in 1980, you can see that we had a similar (more drastic) forced liquidation then as well in 1977.

20101214-8ymde12chx3j5wifn1km7dh75f.jpg

Don't you expect the percentage gains to be more as we get further into this, or do you expect to be just getting a boring 20% until this over? I am expecting the gains to end in 100%+ years.

I wouldn't complain if the gains were greater, but I'll be content with a continued annual compounding of 20%. I don't see it as boring at all. Say gold consolidates first to 1300 in January, then in a year the price is at 1560, another year at 1860, and another at 2250 odd. No small change, especially if you think asset prices will also decline. This combination would suffice to see the often mentioned gold/ asset ratios met in a few years time.

I wouldn't complain if the gains were greater, but I'll be happy if we continue to see the 20%.... annually compounded. I don't see it as boring at all. Say gold consolidates first to 1300 in January, then in a year the price is at 1560, another year at 1860, and another at 2300 odd. No small change, especially if you think asset prices will also decline. This combination would suffice to see the often mentioned gold/ asset ratios met in a few years time.

I see very little chance that gold will consolidate to $1300 in January, more likely to rocket to $1650 then have a slight pullback as we move into the summer next year, maybe to your $1300. QE2 is set to run currently till June 2011, I think QE3 will take a while to get through especially with Ron Paul around and will give us the pull back.

You must now agree that the rate of increase escalates as we move further into the bull run, as it did in the 70's, also that your 20% line is not showing the true picture. I too would be happy to see 20% compounded, but truly believe it will be better and that we will have a mania stage which we haven't entered yet. With all the manipulation and derivative problems I am expecting this bull run to be greater than the one in the 70's.

Have we now seen the back of your 20% graph that gets repeatedly posted?

You must now agree that the rate of increase escalates as we move further into the bull run, as it did in the 70's, also that your 20% line is not showing the true picture. I too would be happy to see 20% compounded, but truly believe it will be better and that we will have a mania stage which we haven't entered yet. With all the manipulation and derivative problems I am expecting this bull run to be greater than the one in the 70's.

Have we now seen the back of your 20% graph that gets repeatedly posted?

Nope. Too early to say yet. I'd say the next few months or so will be telling.

I see very little chance that gold will consolidate to $1300 in January, more likely to rocket to $1650 then have a slight pullback as we move into the summer next year, maybe to your $1300. QE2 is set to run currently till June 2011, I think QE3 will take a while to get through especially with Ron Paul around and will give us the pull back.

... and anyway wouldn't that then break your latest most escalative trend line... putting the trend back to the more modest rate of 20%?

... and anyway wouldn't that then break your latest most escalative trend line... putting the trend back to the more modest rate of 20%?

Yes it would if it happened, but that would just mean the next line wasn't due yet.

Hey guys, are we finally ( :lol:) getting the BIG one?

Please, $950.

I hear I will soon be able to buy gold for my SIPP. Cheaper, please.

I don't think this will go any lower than $1370 which Stewart Thomson points out in this great article - http://www.321gold.com/editorials/thomson_...n_s_121410.html

2010dec14gold1.png

Don't care, i'm with you , chant with me 'cheap gold, cheap gold , cheap gold'

A little disappointing so far. I mean, seriously, even if you're a trader like Bubb, you can't tell me you can make money out of this micro moves.

Some serious (Chinese? Indian? The Fed already?) buyers seem to completely back-stop gold nowadays.