Sign in to follow this  
Sir Isaac Newton

CGNAO - Here & on HPC: The Grim Reaper

This was the gnomes' panic button and had been planned carefully before being pushed.

The intention was CHF AND Gold down together by roughly the same percentage on day one, with the aim of generating a rapid waterfall drop in gold that would have been trumpeted as the end of the gold bull market.

There was surprise and consternation in high places when attempt one failed.

There is fear and desperation now that attempt two looks to have failed, especially considering the tonnage expended.

They want to save the system but they can't.

This is 100% correct and is all you need to know.

gnomepanic.png

That is very interesting...

Whats going to happen to the system?

This was the gnomes' panic button and had been planned carefully before being pushed.

The intention was CHF AND Gold down together by roughly the same percentage on day one, with the aim of generating a rapid waterfall drop in gold that would have been trumpeted as the end of the gold bull market.

There was surprise and consternation in high places when attempt one failed.

There is fear and desperation now that attempt two looks to have failed, especially considering the tonnage expended.

They want to save the system but they can't.

This is 100% correct and is all you need to know.

Very interesting, CGNAO. I guess they must be shatting themselves after todays failed takedown, if that's what it was. I wonder how many tonnes this week has cost?

EDIT: I don't know if you'll read this, but anyway I want to take this opportunity to thank you for 'opening my eyes' especially over at the other place. I remember I was focussing on 'risk free rates' :D and 'non-existent default risks' of sovereigns :D .

gold9-9-11.jpg

Well gold stocks just broke out to new highs

Hardly impressive.

I continue to recommend playing the possible breakout thru Calls, not aggressive longs on Gold stocks

Hardly impressive.

I continue to recommend playing the possible breakout thru Calls, not aggressive longs on Gold stocks

Hubris.

Hubris? Or Not...

GDX

USDMARKET VECTORS GOLD MINERS ETF

:$65.80 $-0.83 / % Change -1.25%

Be careful.

I still think there's a high probability this is a false breakout.

So if you want to play it, I suggest not jumping in with both feet.

Call options may be a much safer way.

Things dont look pretty. Look at all the banking redundancies coming around in preparation. I work for a big 4 accountancy firm and we have never been so busy. People are leaving in droves for new jobs at the momnet (as it has go so tough here and all we are getting is small pay increases and tiny promotion prospects) but they are not being replaced by the firm. I'd say 3 out = 1 in.

Anyway back to business. I have most my gold (and silver) with goldmoney in a vault in Switzerland. I also have about 50% of my investments in oil, minining, and technology stocks. Do I sell all the stocks and take delivery of the gold. As I have an offset mortgage I figure I can use the stock sale proceeds to offset that which would leave me with a small balance to pay. The problem I have is that our house was robbed recently and I have been mugged twice in the last 2 years. So I am not sure where I could put the gold that will be safe.

My coins and bars are in a box in a local bank which costs about £40 a year, I wouldn't risk having them at home TBH and I can be at that branch in about 7 minutes if necessary.

So I am not sure where I could put the gold that will be safe.

Things dont look pretty. Look at all the banking redundancies coming around in preparation. I work for a big 4 accountancy firm and we have never been so busy. People are leaving in droves for new jobs at the momnet (as it has go so tough here and all we are getting is small pay increases and tiny promotion prospects) but they are not being replaced by the firm. I'd say 3 out = 1 in.

Anyway back to business. I have most my gold (and silver) with goldmoney in a vault in Switzerland. I also have about 50% of my investments in oil, minining, and technology stocks. Do I sell all the stocks and take delivery of the gold. As I have an offset mortgage I figure I can use the stock sale proceeds to offset that which would leave me with a small balance to pay. The problem I have is that our house was robbed recently and I have been mugged twice in the last 2 years. So I am not sure where I could put the gold that will be safe.

We had that problem.

We moved to a remote rural idyll and now don't lock the door or cars.

Gold buried but only I know where.

Ditch the slavery and sell your house while you can.

My coins and bars are in a box in a local bank

You're taking a terrible risk there. If it's not in your own hands you don't have possession.

Indeed it does, I wonder if the Bank of Japan will look to intervene this week as well.

"Yen Intervention is coming: Japan to G7"

http://capital3x.com/?p=1053

An article reporting the comments of the Japanese finance minister to the G7 last week.

"Japanese Finance Minister Jun Azumi ended his first Group of Seven meeting without his counterparts objecting to his pledge to take “bold actions” to stem yen gains, paving the way for a fresh intervention if he deems it necessary"

It looks like we are now on a roller coaster of countries' curencies being designated as safe havens, bidded up to ludicrous levels and then be devalued, as it was last week with Switzerland, so it could be this week with Japan. With the yen already another yen or so up against the dollar and nearly two against the euro since the announcement so this could even happen tonight.

We moved to a remote rural idyll and now don't lock the door or cars.

In Britain??!! - A remote island perhaps?

Ditch the slavery and sell your house while you can.

I quite agree. Or own something very cheap that you can walk away from without financial pain.

Ahh, that's OK then. I'd hate to think I'd missed somewhere in the septic isle worth paying council tax for :D

Another idyllic day in the hills of S-W Portugal, watching certain very remote events unfold.

The flora & fauna seem oblivious to these major affairs of men

Ahh, that's OK then. I'd hate to think I'd missed somewhere in the septic isle worth paying council tax for :D

Another idyllic day in the hills of S-W Portugal, watching certain very remote events unfold.

The flora & fauna seem oblivious to these major affairs of men

What? When you could be sat in the refreshingly brisk wind and life giving water (currently horizontal) up here in Bonnie Scotland?

You lot must be mad! :blink:

Hi Errol,

I know where you're coming from and I appreciate it's a risk, but with little people in the house, I just don't want my physical at home. I'm OK with it being in the bank because we're so ahead of the curve here, if there's going to be a confiscation or bank holiday we'll get wind of it first (I hope!).

You're taking a terrible risk there. If it's not in your own hands you don't have possession.