Sustainable Living in PHL... with Creativity !

Sustainable Living in PHL. Sometimes cheaply. always with Creativity !

There are so many ways to incorporate Sustainability into your living arrangements, and PHL provides a blank canvas for creative people

Other countries, with more money to spend are ahead of The Philippines. We can learn from their example and ideas....

Here's a sustainable city in Dubai.

A friend who gave me the link wrote: "if they did something like this here, id buy into it... provided i can afford it"

No doubt, the Philippines can do "sustainable living" in its own way, at more affordable prices.

I will look at some of the ideas that might be imported here, and eventually some of the local versions of Sustainable living on a PHL budget

Sustainable City | Fully Charged in Dubai

This house from Arthaland incorporates Solar cells, savings on water & lighting costs

Sevina Park Villas | Guided Tours | Four-bedroom Villa 182

Sevina Park Villas is thoughtfully planned with high-quality design and sustainable features to enhance the well-being of its residents. The development is projected to reduce energy and water consumption.

p7EyiRm.jpg

Here's a totally different approach: a Tiny home that feels like it is part of the garden around it

it was more interesting to watch than I expected

This Dream Tiny House Is A Total Game Changer - over 2million hits in just a few days

This stunning tiny house is packed full of amazing, game changing design!

From the ultra clever, future-proofed layout and space-saving furniture to the incredible green-wall, exquisite reclaimed timbers and green-roof features, this truly is a dream tiny house. It’s hard to believe that it’s now been almost seven years since we filmed our very first tiny house tour with Shaye. At the time, she was living in Lucy, a cute DIY cottage-style tiny house.

You can see a link to our first tour here: https://youtu.be/f3SwqNzsNwg

Since then, life has changed a lot and Shaye has started a tiny house building company. Years of tiny house design experience and over 30 tiny house builds later, this home is a conjunction of many of her favourite design concepts. Enjoy the full tour of this incredible tiny home.

To find out more about Shaye and her tiny house builds, you can visit her website: https://www.shayestinyhomes.com/

Comments / Living Big In A Tiny House

It's hard to believe that it's been seven years since we visited Shaye in her original tiny house on wheels. That was our very first tiny house tour! The show has come a long way since then, and so has Shaye's tiny house designs! I hope you enjoy this very special episode! With love, Bryce & Rasa

Wow, this is one of the best designed and spec'd tiny homes I've ever seen. Awesome work
This house is a masterpiece of design. Imagine, putting a second floor walkway inside a tiny house. The house does not look tiny at all.

Saving money in a creative way

This beautiful tiny house is also a Money Saver

At nzd100,000 (usd 65,000, php 3.2Million ) it only costs 10% of the full size homes around it.

It is on wheels and is moveable, and the couple can rent a cheap & beautiful parking space for it.

Meanwhile, the money they are saving, they will use to buy land (where it can be moved to in the future.)

(No doubt a PHL version of a tiny home can be done much more cheaply.)

Our Urban Tiny House In New Zealand

After so many years in the works, I’m so excited to finally be able to share a tour of our very own tiny house on wheels in New Zealand. I started this project almost 5 years ago now, and it’s wonderful to now be able to share the finished home with you. For those of you who have been following my journey since the very beginning, you’ve been waiting a long time for this one!

Cheaper still. using shipping containers....

Couple Build Amazing Shipping Container Home For Debt-Free Living

/2/ here's another

Shipping Container Home Designed For Sustainable Family Living

Even a Tiny house... can be turned into a virtual Mansion

Urban Industrial Tiny House is a Tiny Mansion

In this weeks episode, we meet Kyron and Natalia who live in a stunning urban industrial styled tiny house in Auckland, New Zealand. The couple refer to their home on wheels as a tiny mansion, and they are right! This tiny house is packed full of luxurious and clever design features which make living in this home a dream. With a love of food and cooking this tiny house has been designed around a large and functional kitchen. With a spacious lounge area opening out onto a private deck and wonderful surrounding bush setting, this home is wonderfully suited for entertaining. The tiny home’s urban location shows how well these tiny houses are capable of fitting into existing city infrastructure and can help to increase urban density with a minimal environmental impact. Enjoy the full video tour of this stunning urban industrial styled tiny house. Kyron and Natalia are currently working towards creating Auckland's very first tiny house community. You can find out more about this project here: https://gotiny.co/

STARTING with even less than a container

Escaping the Rent Trap - Simple Living In A Lotus Belle Tent

If you've ever dreamed of living in a luxury tent in the forest, then this may just be the set-up for you! Over the last couple of months we have been flat out finishing the project and getting everything ready for me to move in. The Lotus will be my home while I finish building the Tiny House. Watch the update on this set-up here: https://youtu.be/MamjU0RqZTM

If you want to go all the way back to Nature...  and become a Troll or a Hobbit...

"I don't want people to mortgage away their lives"

Woman Builds £1000 Tiny Earthen Home To Live Close To Nature In Welsh Woods

This weeks episode takes us to the wild woods of Wales, where a remarkable woman has chosen to live close to nature in a £1000 tiny earthen home, with no running water, electricity, or internet. To many of us, this may seem like an extreme lifestyle choice, but for Emma, this way of life is all about building a closer relationship to nature while also creating a lifestyle where she is free of the pressures of the modern world. Her simple home is beautiful, cosy and warm. Water is collected from a spring fed stream which runs by her house, and at night, candles and a fire light her home. Emma’s story is a wonderful reminder of just how little we actually need in life, and perhaps also a reminder of how much of ourselves that we need to sacrifice in order to obtain the things we do have. I hope you enjoy her story and the video tour of her very special, very simple home.

COMMENT on PHP Costs:

... From watching a few of his videos, discovered most of tiny homes cost around US$100k to build so around P5m"

Reply:

NZD$100k, i saw, that is about  USD65k, or over P 3M - so Not Cheap to Peso earmers

To work for most Filipinos, the Tiny Homes need to be much, much cheaper...

I am going to look into CHEAPER & more indigenous, PHL alternatives, including containers,,,

Used containers are as cheap as P1,000 in Cebu

Shipping CONTAINERS can be very Cheap... Or Ready for Living in...

(But rarely BOTH at the same time. haha)

Php 888 - in Cebu is a cheap price for a beat-up secondhand container ! > source

shipping_container_in_cebu_1588517439_cd

But may not be exactly what you want, nor is it where you want it...

This one may be more suitable for Living, or an Office, but is more expensive

vUh36w7.jpg

VK1HQ5X.png

7Azlg56.pngxx

> Source:  http://indigohouse.yolasite.com/

==

Ultra cheap Tiny house design.  is this really possible at 100k ?  maybe it is just a designer's dream /

small house worth 100k (so says the title of this video)

I think it might cost far more, it built with decent materials & with a kitchen (before appliances) : 250K? 400K?

/ 2 /

Here's an actual case, so you can see what Reality looks like

Tiny House in the Philippines - New Update (near Php 450k cost)

/ 3 /

this one is more expensive, $30-32k (php 1.5m)  and narration is in english

xx

SECURITY issues are important, as this video makes clear

WHAT is an Eco-Village? What might the houses in it look like?

Cost here: nzd 80,000 = usd 52,000 = about php 2.6 million

Beautiful Tiny House in an Eco Community

EarthSong Eco-Neighbourhood has long been at the cutting edge of sustainable design and urban permaculture. It's for that very reason that it should be no surprise to discover that EarthSong is also now home to one of New Zealand's first Tiny Houses. At just over 11 square meters, Connie Kristensen has built her house based on plans from the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company in the US. Jam-packed with very clever design elements, the house has been masterfully constructed with great attention to detail. The workmanship in this home truly is exceptional. The house was constructed over a period of 10 months, and last week moved to it's new home-pad at the EarthSong community. Tiny Houses are perfectly suited to community living. They are small; yet provide more than enough personal space. Living in community has some huge benefits for Tiny House owners too. For example, in this case, shared common room facilities for entertaining larger groups of people, access to permaculture gardens, organic food and even a central composting toilet facility.

/ 2 /

Is this Coastal TINY HOUSE COMMUNITY the Ideal Lifestyle?

Village: Tiny Tranquility

Tiny Tranquility is a Tiny House Community located on the central Oregon coast with full-time 38 Tiny Home residents. Also on the property is a community green house, living room, game room, large shared kitchen, and more! The beach is only 5 minutes away, and the community also offers unique nightly rentals, such as vintage trailers. LINKS: Tiny Tranquility: https://tinytranquility.com/ https://www.instagram.com/tinytranqui...

MAP/ Layout

gm6qdlI.png

==

TINY HOUSE Community in PHL

Something similar can be done in Philippines too

swkXL2X.png

That's just a cartoon plan.  No actual location has been fixed yet

+ Houses costing an average of  PX Million, before land, appliances, solar etc

- those are suggested phase1 prices, when roads, electricity and sewage may not be fully developed/    

+ After proof of concept in phase2, average prices will be higher

BUYING RAW LAND - Be Careful

Some of these are also relevant for the Philippines

6 Mistakes to AVOID when Buying Raw Land {for a HOMESTEAD}

==

Building a Shipping Container Home |

EP02 Moving, Cutting, and Framing a Container House

EP03 Doors, Windows, and Insulation

Others say that Shipping Containers are not the magical answer... solving all the problems

7 reasons why shipping container homes are a SCAM

==

Container Problems: they have fixed sizes (even smaller when insulated), containers are compromised when cut & may need reinforcement,

they need insulation or are too hot or too cold which may attract mold & rot. Also, there can be a health risk associated with their prior use.

Cost of transport from port to housing location can be high & they may be not fully sound on arrival, after years of being knocked around.

Insulation cannot be organic like cotton; may need to be foam.

Overall, they might be 20% cheaper to use than other methods, but the restrictions may mean the cost advantage i swiped out.

This is instructive - How Bryce Langton's own Tiny Home was constructed

Notice the amount of preparation, and all the insulation that goes into the home

Building A Tiny House From Start To Finish!

==

• 2 weeks later...

Rather stylish, I think

Ex Hong Kong Architect’s Family Tiny House

Working for 15 years as an architect in Hong Kong, Bobbie is no stranger to small space design. After returning home to New Zealand and going through a separation, she decided to put her design and build skills to the test to create a wonderful tiny house for her and her two children. This home is filled with clever design ideas, such as a raked wall with bay windows to increase the usable interior space and lots of innovative storage solutions. Deigning a tiny house which is ideally suited to family life is a challenging task and Bobbie has created a beautiful home which perfectly caters to the needs of both her and her children.

You can find out more about Bobbie’s architecture via her business page: https://www.facebook.com/REALitiArchi...

• 3 weeks later...

Small "Zero Energy" Cottages

Great colors & design here. in 22 Home community /

Most Ideal Tiny House Size?! Permanent Pocket Neighborhood >

The Hiatus is an amazing livable tiny house on foundation inside a one-of-kind cottage-style community located in Bend, OR.  The tiny home footprint is 400 sqft, with 2 lofts it's 598 sqft.  Watch More #TinyHomeCommunity Tours:

The Hiatus pocket neighborhood is inspired by Ross Chapin's work. Parking is on the exterior of the tiny home community, and the clustered cottages face inward to open shared community spaces. Residents enjoy winding paths, trickling ponds, garden boxes, bocce court, and cozy fire pits. Feels like a sanctuary!

Each of the 22 tiny houses (about 16'x25') is built with the highest quality fixtures and surfaces, with a focus on livable design. 

Learn more and get news on future cottage communities: hiatushomes.com

COPY the House? 

I wonder how easy it would be to have a Filipino builder COPY something like the House above?

Here's another with a small yard, and a similar color scheme.  It is much smaller

These small houses might be suitable for airBNB, if in a favorable location

A Modern Tiny House Retreat! | Full Airbnb Tiny Home Tour!

A Tiny Homes community that avoided "the cookie cutter" approach to Design

And got everyone to work at least 50 hours on their own homes

EMERALD VILLAGE: a Dream of an Affordable Tiny House Community

The designs are supposedly available on their website