Individual Stock Target Prices: TSLA, AAPL, X...

Individual Stock Target Prices: TSLA, AAPL, X...

Shares of Tesla Inc (TSLA) have fallen from nearly $1,000 to $350. This collapse is coming on the back of Covid-19 which is devastating the global economy. While panic is palpable, investors who have cash sitting on the sidelines may want to check out the Tesla chart. In fact, Tesla Inc is a buy based on a trend line support dating back to 2017, 2018 and 2019. This $350 level was the level it saw for years before finally breaking out. The thought process goes, former major resistance levels become major supports. While I would never recommend putting a lot of capital in Tesla during the global panic, a little bit of money now may turn into a lot in the future when things settle down.

See the chart here: https://inthemoneystocks.com/tesla-inc-is-a-buy-because-of-this-technical-level/

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks
Chief Market Strategist

Shares of RH tagged major technical support today at $75. The company formerly known as Restoration Hardware has fallen from over $255 to under $75. This whopping collapse breeds opportunity for investors and near-term swing traders looking for opportunity. The Federal Reserve announced a huge backstop in MBS and treasury purchases, the government is about to announce a $2 trillion stimulus. This amount of money being thrown at the collapsing economy will create a near-term bounce and a long-term epic upswing in stocks. Once the COVID-19 threat has passed, investors may be looking at new all-time highs due to low interest rates and a huge liquidity surge.

The major technical support on RH gives investors and swing traders a good spot to start accumulating shares. In the near-term, a bounce back to $100 is likely, longer-term perhaps $255 will be seen again.

See the chart here: https://inthemoneystocks.com/major-technical-chart-support-tagged-on-rh/

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks
Chief Market Strategist

Just yesterday, Apple Inc (AAPL) tagged a major support level at $215.00. Apple has already started to bounce sharply, now trading near $240.00. Based on a technical Fibonacci retrace, Apple has continued upside to $256.00. This is a Fibonacci 38.2% retrace as well as technical resistance. Thus, likely where it will meet significant resistance. I own it at $221 with members of Verified Investing Alerts.

Check out the chart below... https://inthemoneystocks.com/bounce-target-price-on-apple-inc-aapl/

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks
Chief Market Strategist

These days there are so many stocks that have been absolutely decimated from the recent stock crash. Many stocks have declined by 50% or more in past 4 to 5 weeks. Often, when we see declines such as these there will be opportunities in many different stocks and sometimes different sectors. The best stocks to look for will be stocks that declined less than the major stock indexes. So if you look at the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) you will see that it fell by as much as 34.85% on March 23, 2020. If you can find a stock that did not decline as much as the DJIA it would be worth keeping that stock on the radar since it showed relative strength. Once a bullish pattern forms in that equity it will likely be a buying opportunity in that particular stock.

Another method that I like to use in crash markets is to look for stocks that have recaptured the 50-day moving average. Most institutional investors will look for stocks that are trading above this important moving average and so should you. Again, wait for a bullish pattern to be formed and then you have a trade on your hands. This is a time to pick through the rubble if you are going to find winning stocks. Remember, this COVID-19 crisis is not over just because the market bounces, so it is best to stick with strong stocks in this environment and nothing less.

See the chart here: https://inthemoneystocks.com/picking-through-the-rubble/

Nick Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks
Chief Market Strategist

Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) is trading near levels not seen since the early 2000’s.  However, oil is trading at levels not seen since the 1990’s. So what makes this oil play a possible gem? First, understand that the current price is reflecting a worse case (bankruptcy) scenario. Bankruptcy is nearly priced in at this point if you look at the Occidental assets. Next, take into account that oil is this low because demand has taken a huge hit due to COVID-19 but also because there is an epic price war between Russia and Saudi Arabia.

The most important factor for many investors will be that Carl Icahn and Warren Buffet are heavily invested in Occidental Petroleum. It is very probable that they would be willing to commit more capital to get the company through this low oil price period.

In reality, a price of oil near $20/bbl is crushing Russia and Saudi Arabia. Both Putin and the Saudi royal family need to maintain control of their country. A low price will eventually drive these players to agree on cuts to drive the price of oil higher. In addition, COVID-19 will not last forever and strong demand will return.

The key for Occidental Petroleum is can it lasts for 3 or 6 months with oil in the $20/bbl range. With Warren Buffet, Carl Icahn in the mix and the stock priced near bankruptcy levels, it is worth a shot here at $11 or under in my humble opinion.

Check out the chart here... https://inthemoneystocks.com/occidental-petroleum-corp-oxy-may-be-a-gem/

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks
Chief Market Strategist

United States Steel Corp. (X). This stock is trading around $6.26, down from its 52 week high of over $20.00

President Trump tweeted about a massive infrastructure bill today. This is a no brainer when we emerge from COVID-19 lockdown. It is something the country desperately needs and will put millions of people back to work. The government is willing to print trillions of Dollars and this is probably the best way to kill two birds with one stone; get people to work and fix a major issue in this country.

The top play for me is United States Steel Corp. (X). This stock is trading around $6.26, down from its 52 week high of over $20.00. When Trump imposed the tariffs on China a few years back, United States Steel Corp. was trading near $50.00. While many companies could be the recipient of business from a stimulus bill directed at infrastructure, US Steel likely has the most upside. 200% upside just gets it back near its 52 week high. Keep a close eye on out for more news on an infrastructure bill. But my guess is it will be the final stimulus at the end of this pandemic. I am a buyer/holder of US Steel.

Check out the chart here... https://inthemoneystocks.com/the-infrastructure-play-that-could-make-you-rich/

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks
Chief Market Strategist

The Infrastructure Play That Could Make You Rich - In The Money Stocks
https://inthemoneystocks.com

Shares of Delta Airlines (DAL) are falling 16% today as the market continues to worry about COVID-19 and the implications for the airline industry. Last week, Delta Airlines traded as high as $36.00 and now hovers at $24.00. Its pandemic low was two weeks ago at $19.00. This tells us that a pivot low is still in place and swing traders can look to nibble at the RIGHT technical level. Per the stock chart, there is an epic gap fill approaching at $22.25. This technical support is worth a quick swing trade, considering if it hits in the next few days, Delta will have dropped from $36.00 to $22.00 with no major bounces. Is it possible Delta can hit $19.00? Yes, of course, anything is possible in this market environment but the odds do favor a 10-15% bounce off the gap fill at $22.25.

I will be looking to take this trade if it tags in the next day or two. Beyond that, the time factor for technical trading would be out of alignment and I would avoid it. Once traders and investors understand the importance of time when investing/trading, it changes the game. A level that was good a day ago may not be good today. Keep that in mind and learn, learn, learn!

Check out the chart here... https://inthemoneystocks.com/delta-airlines-dal-swing-trade-level-coming-up/

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks
Chief Market Strategist

Delta Airlines (DAL) Swing Trade Level Coming Up - In The Money Stocks

OXY has huge Debt, and that would worry me, if I owned it

Worst Case Scenario: $AAPL Price Target $150... 

Investors are trading through the most volatile market ever. Every investor in the world should pay attention to the Apple price target below.

As the world grapples with COVID-19, investors are trying to figure out how long the United States economy will be shutdown. The bottom line is this, until there is a vaccine, social distancing will have to continue. Even if cases shrink to just a few in the United States, if life returns to normal with people at restaurants, malls and work, the virus will spread again and ‘shelter in place’ orders will be needed again. A vaccine is likely a year away. With that knowledge we need to talk about the worst case scenario for Apple Inc (AAPL).

If the economy does not get back to normal for a year, it is likely the Apple price target is $150.00. This level would be a retrace to its long-term trend line that stretches back to 2009. With Apple already down from $330 to $240, many investors are looking to scoop up Apple here. Swing traders can play it nicely, but long-term investors looking to accumulate Apple may want to wait a little longer to see if the Apple price target could get it.

In terms of accumulating a larger position on Apple Inc as a buy and hold, this is where I will be waiting patiently.

See the AAPL chart here: https://inthemoneystocks.com/worst-case-scenario-apple-price-target-150/

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks
Chief Market Strategist

Buy Signals On Airline Stocks But High Risk 

There may be a glimmer near-term as buy signals on airline stocks show up. Stocks like Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE), American Airlines (AAL) and Delta Airlines (DAL) all are hitting key technical levels. Delta and Spirit Airlines both filled major gaps on a classic retrace of their recent bounce. In addition, all airlines have major technical time counts hitting today. Time counts are cycle related and potentially signal a reversal, in this case back up. It is important to mention, these are all extremely high risk. The sector is moving on average 10% a day and it is possible for these factors to fail.

I am long some airlines today and will look to see if a pop comes in early next week. I am not looking to marry these stocks, just a quick swing trade. The buy signals on airline stocks does excite me and got me to accumulate small positions today.

See the chart here: https://inthemoneystocks.com/buy-signals-on-airline-stocks-but-high-risk/

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks
Chief Market Strategist

As we all know, the travel related sectors have been some of the hardest hit stocks in the marketplace. Airlines, cruise lines, travel websites, hotels and most restaurant stocks have been decimated lately. Either some of the stocks in this industry group are on sale or they are going bust. My bet is that they are on sale at this stage of the game.

ON WATCH: Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc (NYSE:HLT) is a stock that is now on my radar as a potential long-side trade. This stock made a low on March 18, 2020 at $44.30 a share. Since that low pivot, the shares rallied up to the 20-day moving average at $78.45 a share and has now pullback again. Today, HLT is trading around the $63.57 level. The daily chart is also making a possible higher low and that is often the start of a bull pattern. Over the course over the next week or so I will be looking for a consolidation pattern to form. This usually indicates further upside for the stock. I will be keeping this stock on my radar going forward. Some other stocks in the sector that I will also be monitoring are Marriott International, Inc. (MAR), Hyatt Hotels Corporation (H), and Choice Hotels International, Inc. (CHH).

Check out the chart here... https://inthemoneystocks.com/hotel-stocks-are-now-on-my-radar/

Nick Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks
Chief Market Strategist

As the markets surge back from panic depths, investors are clamoring to buy. While most stocks are surged 20-30 even 50% off their lows, the hidden gem trade may be Tupperware Brands Corp (TUP). Everyone knows of tuppeware and its uses to store leftovers and other food. Could this be a hidden gem trade with people cooking at home almost exclusively now? This company is trading near all-time lows at $1.35. It has not bounced yet.

Tupperware Brands may be a gift based on a possible surge in sales during the ‘stay at home’ orders. People are cooking at home much more than they were, there are leftovers and they need ways to store them. This may in fact be a near-term game changer for Tupperware Brands.

With over 20% of the float short and prices near the dead lows, Tupperware Brands is a high risk play but could see a surge to $4.35 as the hidden gem trade. This would be a 220% move. Again, any investor or swing trader looking to take this position should understand the risk. This is a near-term trade only, and high risk. I bought some myself but only a tiny percent of my portfolio is dedicated to it.

See the chart here: https://inthemoneystocks.com/obvious-trade-idea-tupperware-brands-corp-tup/

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks
Chief Market Strategist

Hidden Gem Trade: Tupperware Brands Corp (TUP) - In The Money Stocks