Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

COVID at HOME... Staying & Coping

COVID at HOME... Coping with possible virus

covid-19_stopspread_home_eng_1200x675.pn

> CDC source

- Does this video go DEEP enough?

We had a temporary minor scare in my household two days ago,

And I woke up yesterday morning, thinking WHERE can I find this sort of information?

The crisis is over for us.  It was a false alarm. Thank God.

Today I thought, why not start such a thread anyway, it might be useful for others. So here it is

=====

IMPORTANT NOTE & Disclaimer: I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL

I am not able to provide medical advice.  So if you think you see some here,

please seek other guidance from professionally qualified people.

=====

One of my big concerns is : What will happen at the hospital?

We have heard two worrying things, you have a risk of contracting Covid if you visit the hospital

and sit in a waiting room, or waiting area.  Also the hospitals are very full, and so where will you

go while awaiting test results? Quarantine areas are mostly full too, we heard, near us.

We also heard that if you do not have breathing issues,  they may send you home.

So what to do, if you have a mild fever, or an occasional cough, or are sneezing?

(If you have breathing issues, we can strongly recommend you visit your doctor ASAP.

Or even if the cough or fever begins to get serious.)

SCARY - this happened so faaast! We are still learning how to Cope

So here are some relevant comments from a physician on the front line

Walk us through the spread of the virus in the United States. What does the country look like right now?

Let me just give you a picture of what I see here in New York. About two weeks ago, we had our initial case, and now in New York City newly diagnosed confirmed cases are tripling every two days. In our New York Presbyterian Hospital, approximately 25 percent of the swab samples that are submitted for testing are positive. In the suburban communities outside of New York, approximately 10 percent of the swabs submitted are positive. So, the virus is everywhere. And in New York, we know that we are in the exponential growth phase of the epidemic.

Can you tell us about the pathology of the disease?

COVID-19 typically causes fever and a dry cough. One may have aches in the body—the muscles—and if it's severe enough, there would be shortness of breath due to pneumonia. Gastrointestinal symptoms can occur and are an indication of more severe disease. It's not very common to have a runny nose or the sniffles, and a sore throat is not common either. The incubation period from exposure to onset of symptoms is between four and six days; and if you want to cover 95–98 percent of the cases it is between three and 10 days. It's pretty rare to have an incubation period outside of that range.

> https://www.caltech.edu/about/news/tip-iceberg-virologist-david-ho-bs-74-speaks-about-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR32dZP9VFlGOcZ0BK_lqK2Au1j9aE97HQ3BvBsFRFJ_G76lY_S-au9d1lI

SINCE THIS COMES SO VERY FAST,

If it hits exponential and stays there Hospitals will soon be stretched beyond their coping ability

Without wanting to, many people may be left, forced to cope with this AT HOME

Has Italy Stopped Treating the Elderly in the COVID-19 Pandemic?

A viral social media post claimed Italian doctors were not treating older patients with coronavirus due to "socialized medicine."

> FACT Check: MIXTURE

What's True

Italian health care workers who are overwhelmed with COVID-19 cases could be faced with decisions about allocating limited life-saving treatment to those with the most likelihood to live longest upon survival.

What's False

However, Italy hasn't abandoned elderly patients to die. Instead, Italian health care workers, when faced with more patients than available equipment and capacity to treat them, may possibly be forced to prioritize treatment of those with the highest likelihood of surviving long-term.

>

GRAPPLING WITH A TABOO.

"Why can we not say: Stay at home, even if you have the virus, except when..."?

A friend warned me this could be a taboo topic for various reasons.  But I am willing to take it on... because someone needs to.

(I decided I would be the one to do it. after this email):

...I am reading and watching the Covid statistics closely each day - In fact, I have two good threads about this on my website.  Please take a quick look.  The first has statistics, and I update it every day.  Check out the "HOPE index" that I just invented - now -9%. The second thread gives ideas and tips about how to boost one's immunity system.  That one is especially useful for everyone.

I do worry about you and my other siblings as I see the numbers getting worse in the US everyday.  I hope you are all well, secure, healthy, and happy - as happy as one can be in these challenging times, 

Please keep in touch, and I will call you when I can get Skype working properly again,

The healthcare system is ALREADY overwhelmed now with CoViD patients, as you can see from the statements of major hospitals. More patients are pouring in on top of the existing ones. The best way to help the hospitals is to STEM THE TIDE OF NEW PEOPLE GETTING SICK and needing medical attention.

====

(Above is the KEY part of a longer message from here in the Philippines):

ls share widely. THIS SO TRUE. The hospitals treating moderate to severe cases are our LAST LINE OF DEFENSE against SARS-COV. The FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE IS IN THE COMMUNITY in effective quarantine.

“FROM Dr. D Luchangco, ER doctor in MMC. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ—

TL/DR: We NEED THE HELP OF THE PRIVATE, NON-HEALTHCARE SECTOR

Thank you to everyone who has been supporting the frontlines with donations, messages of encouragement, and prayers. It is much appreciated and we could not do this without you. A lot of non-healthcare people message me every day to ask how they can help the healthcare workers. But please also know that if we are pouring resources into the hospitals, WE ARE FIGHTING ON A LOSING BATTLEFRONT. The healthcare system is ALREADY overwhelmed now with CoViD patients, as you can see from the statements of major hospitals. More patients are pouring in on top of the existing ones. The best way to help the hospitals is to STEM THE TIDE OF NEW PEOPLE GETTING SICK and needing medical attention. The hospitals should be the last resort. WE CANNOT WIN THE BATTLE IN THE HOSPITALS. It should be fought on the streets, where you guys are.

We need serious, no-joke QUARANTINE, in separate, dedicated facilities that are MANAGED according to recommendations (14 days, PUMs vs PUIs etc) and ENFORCED. There have to be no exceptions and no excuses, rich or poor. No visitors. No nonsense of needing to bring in their own beddings and TV and other comforts. The people there have to be FED so they don't have to go out to eat. Their basic needs should be taken care of and they should be prepared to have only that. It should come at no cost to the people being quarantined, but they should have no choice. I know this is not easy, but it IS simple. It has to be simple, or else it will not work.

If you fit the criteria, in you go, period. You get out when you are allowed out. Everything will be provided to you.

It will not be easy. It will take forces bigger than I can bring together to accomplish. It will take significant funds and coordination. It will not be easy. But consider the gain... We have all heard about the 14 days. We have heard about flattening the curve. If we can make sure that NOT A SINGLE PERSON gets infected for a period of 2 weeks, then we are left only with the people who already have the virus.

In that span of 2 weeks, 80% of those people will recover on their own IN QUARANTINE FACILITIES for those that are mildly sick, monitored by a skeleton nursing staff. They can take Paracetamol on their own, and drink the lots of water that is provided to them. Then they will get well in 2 weeks.

20% of the people who are elderly, or have Diabetes, or Asthma, or Cancer, and a few who don't have any of those will get very sick. We will care for them in the hospital. Of those people we care for in the hospital,  some of them unfortunately will die. But most of them will recover. All of that will happen in the 2 weeks that no one new gets infected. Everyone who got the virus will either recover, or die. And WE WILL BE DONE WITH THIS NIGHTMARE. Of course we can't expect zero new infections. But we can cut that figure drastically to a level that can be handled in quarantine facilities and hospitals.

It will not be easy. But I see a lot of people move a lot of resources everyday to accomplish so much. I see a lot of idle resources. I see a lot of leaders in the community. The healthcare sector is up to its eyeballs coordinating and organizing to treat patients. We cannot do this also. It is not even something we are experienced at doing. I don't know how to do it. But I know it has to be done. If we do not get this done, we have everything to lose. Just look at Italy. That could be us in a couple of weeks.

We appreciate all the help you send us in the hospitals. Often the food you send is all we have to eat. The PPE you send protect us as supplies run low. We could not continue to work without it. We will continue to stand our ground and do our best to hold the fort and save the ones we can. But we cannot win this battle. We need YOU guys out there to win it. We need heroes who will organize accommodations, prepare food, do laundry, provide transportation to and from... things that some of you do on large scales every day. If you guys do not win the battle out on the streets, we can never win the battle in the hospitals. Hospitals should not be the frontline of this fight. They are actually the last.”

If they stay home...  they will stop spreading the virus, and NOT catch it in the hospital.

Confidence may also rise, because the home-stayers who have it or get, may not show in the statistics.

I reckon that is why China's numbers improved so fast.  People stayed at home, and were afraid to say that they have it

===

I posted this question to someone posting about the PHL hospitals' cry for help:

Thanks for posting that LONG message. 

Can you tell me why, the OBVIOUS, ESSENTIAL, & INEVITABLE TOPIC is so very taboo? 

.... But being courageous, I have taken that on by starting a COVID at HOME thread.

of course, I got no real answer - just a happy face back. About what I had expected.

(here's the post):

ls share widely. THIS SO TRUE. The hospitals treating moderate to severe cases are our LAST LINE OF DEFENSE against SARS-COV.

The FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE IS IN THE COMMUNITY in effective quarantine.

“FROM Dr. D Luchangco, ER doctor in MMC. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ—

TL/DR: We NEED THE HELP OF THE PRIVATE, NON-HEALTHCARE SECTOR

Thank you to everyone who has been supporting the frontlines with donations, messages of encouragement, and prayers. It is much appreciated and we could not do this without you. A lot of non-healthcare people message me every day to ask how they can help the healthcare workers. But please also know that if we are pouring resources into the hospitals, WE ARE FIGHTING ON A LOSING BATTLEFRONT. The healthcare system is ALREADY overwhelmed now with CoViD patients, as you can see from the statements of major hospitals. More patients are pouring in on top of the existing ones. The best way to help the hospitals is to STEM THE TIDE OF NEW PEOPLE GETTING SICK and needing medical attention. The hospitals should be the last resort. WE CANNOT WIN THE BATTLE IN THE HOSPITALS. It should be fought on the streets, where you guys are.

We need serious, no-joke QUARANTINE, in separate, dedicated facilities that are MANAGED according to recommendations (14 days, PUMs vs PUIs etc) and ENFORCED. There have to be no exceptions and no excuses, rich or poor. No visitors. No nonsense of needing to bring in their own beddings and TV and other comforts. The people there have to be FED so they don't have to go out to eat. Their basic needs should be taken care of and they should be prepared to have only that. It should come at no cost to the people being quarantined, but they should have no choice. I know this is not easy, but it IS simple. It has to be simple, or else it will not work.

If you fit the criteria, in you go, period. You get out when you are allowed out. Everything will be provided to you.

It will not be easy. It will take forces bigger than I can bring together to accomplish. It will take significant funds and coordination. It will not be easy. But consider the gain... We have all heard about the 14 days. We have heard about flattening the curve. If we can make sure that NOT A SINGLE PERSON gets infected for a period of 2 weeks, then we are left only with the people who already have the virus.

In that span of 2 weeks, 80% of those people will recover on their own IN QUARANTINE FACILITIES for those that are mildly sick, monitored by a skeleton nursing staff. They can take Paracetamol on their own, and drink the lots of water that is provided to them. Then they will get well in 2 weeks.

20% of the people who are elderly, or have Diabetes, or Asthma, or Cancer, and a few who don't have any of those will get very sick. We will care for them in the hospital. Of those people we care for in the hospital,  some of them unfortunately will die. But most of them will recover. All of that will happen in the 2 weeks that no one new gets infected. Everyone who got the virus will either recover, or die. And WE WILL BE DONE WITH THIS NIGHTMARE. Of course we can't expect zero new infections. But we can cut that figure drastically to a level that can be handled in quarantine facilities and hospitals.

It will not be easy. But I see a lot of people move a lot of resources everyday to accomplish so much. I see a lot of idle resources. I see a lot of leaders in the community. The healthcare sector is up to its eyeballs coordinating and organizing to treat patients. We cannot do this also. It is not even something we are experienced at doing. I don't know how to do it. But I know it has to be done. If we do not get this done, we have everything to lose. Just look at Italy. That could be us in a couple of weeks.

We appreciate all the help you send us in the hospitals. Often the food you send is all we have to eat. The PPE you send protect us as supplies run low. We could not continue to work without it. We will continue to stand our ground and do our best to hold the fort and save the ones we can. But we cannot win this battle. We need YOU guys out there to win it. We need heroes who will organize accommodations, prepare food, do laundry, provide transportation to and from... things that some of you do on large scales every day. If you guys do not win the battle out on the streets, we can never win the battle in the hospitals. Hospitals should not be the frontline of this fight. They are actually the last.”\

(It is actually a Sound and Sensible message, but it totally ignores the obvious solution - Care at Home - when the hospitals are FULL & Overstretched.)

PRESTIGIOUS MEDICAL JOURNAL LEGITIMIZES HIGH-DOSE VITAMIN C FOR TREATING COVID-19 PATIENTS.

It’s only in the paper once, but it IS in there:
Full text at https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S2213-2600(20)30127-2 Now we can set aside the endless media palaver about just eating foods that contain C. No amount of foods will save the lives of a critically ill COVID patient. "High doses" means supplements and/or intravenous. I say, supplements to prevent; IV for the ICU. The actual reference supporting the statement is not a very positive one. They should have used Dr. Marik's instead. Even so, this is big.
-Dr Andrew Saul

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8149191/New-York-hospitals-treating-corona-patients-6000-milligrams-VITAMIN-C.html

+++
https://youtu.be/fwyAM7fCG44

(from a viber friend):

Lifted from my notes (lifted from my friends FB post) on home care:

Covid HOME CARE

From neurosurgeon Dr. Louie Racelis, what would be needed in a worst case scenario wherein we’ve run out of hospitals and clinics, and had to take care of our stricken family members at home:

“For mild symptoms, I think home care should be ok. Treatment is as for any flu symptoms --- adequate fluids and rest, medications for fever (i.e. paracetamol and cough. So far, the majority of mortality cases are among the elderly.
For your scenario of lack of hospital space and for severe symptoms and you're forced to remain at home, you'd need the following at the very least -- (1) O2 supply, either from a tank w a regulator and guage (so you'd know if you're close to empty) or an oxygen generator,
(2) airway tubings (nasal cannula or face mask) to connect to the tank and deliver oxygen to the patient
(3) suction machine plus suction catheters to remove throat secretions and if possible,
(4) IV fluids like plain saline solutions and some means to bring that fluid to the body (IV lines) wc may be tough unless you can get a nurse or MD to do that. As long as the patient can still drink, encourage them to do so. It will help keep their blood pressure stable. Dehydration will be deadly.
(5) Masks of course for everyone caring for the sick, and this time you'd need the N95 one.
(6) Metal basins where the sick can cough into. These are regularly cleaned w sanitizers plus soap and water and all those doing that should wear gloves and masks (again N95 if possible).
Isolate the sick in a room that's clean and well ventilated. Lots of sun if possible. Prop up the patient with at least 3-4 pillows almost in a semi-sitting position to keep their lungs expanded. Lastly, sanitize the bed and all items in the room within 8-10 feet from the patient regularly.
Hopefully of course we don't get into that scenario but w our already overburdened health care system, would be wise to have a 'liferaft'.”

Coronavirus symptoms and transmission

●Fever in 99 percent
●Fatigue in 70 percent
●Dry cough in 59 percent
●Anorexia (abnormal low body weight) in 40 percent
●Myalgias (muscle ache) in 35 percent
●Dyspnea (difficulty of breathing) in 31 percent
●Sputum production in 27 percent

Other, less common symptoms have included headache, sore throat, and rhinorrhea (runny nose). In addition to respiratory symptoms, gastrointestinal symptoms (eg, nausea and diarrhea) have also been reported; and in some patients, they may be the presenting complaint.

Spread occurs mainly via respiratory droplets, resembling the spread of influenza. With droplet transmission, virus is released in the respiratory secretions when a person with infection coughs, sneezes, or talks can infect another person if it makes direct contact with the mucous membranes; infection can also occur if a person touches an infected surface and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.

Droplets typically do not travel more than six feet (about two meters) and do not linger in the air; however, in one experiment, coronavirus remained viable in aerosols for at least three hours.

Incubation period — The incubation period for COVID-19 is within 14 days following exposure. Most cases occurring four to five days after exposure.

IN ISRAEL NO DEATH FROM C-19 !

He told them a super news ... This is how it arrived and this is how I send it.  

The cure for the C19 virus or the way to eliminate it was achieved.
 Information comes from Israel there this virus did not cause any death

* The recipe is simple *
 1. * Lemon * 🍈
 2. * Bicarbonate * 🥛
 Mix and drink as hot tea 🍵 every afternoon, the action of the lemon with hotter baking soda ♨ immediately kills the virus 🦠 completely eliminates it from the body.  These two components alkalize the immune system, since when night falls the system becomes acidic and defenses lower.
 That is why the People of Israel is relaxed about this virus.  Everyone in Israel drinks a cup of hot water with lemon and a little baking soda at night, as this is proven to kill the virus.  

I share it with all my family and friends so that none of us get the virus.  I leave it to your criteria.🙏🤝
  * Please pass this immediately *

Vitamin D & the Upper Respiratory Tract

Massively helpful. Being a composium of actual studies it gives viewers additional confidence to the many anecdotal ones. ALSO IT CANNOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH THAT NORMAL FAMILY DOCTORS HAVE VERY LITTLE INSTRUCTION IN THE FIELD OF FOOD AND MEDICINE. You are unlikely to get much help there. So it's up to you to get yourself informed.

I’ve noticed that a great number of young people dying of covid 19 in the states are African Americans and Hispanics. If you look at the cities with the highest deaths per capita, you will see they are cities with large African American populations (New Orleans, Atlanta, Detroit*). If you are darker skinned, it is much harder to absorb vit d from the sun. Please, please everyone take a supplement and get sunlight, especially if you have more melanin in your skin. Something else to consider is how vitamin d deficient elderly adults probably are. Another group that is at severe risk for Covid19z.
===
* might there be OTHER reasons, than skin color?  Certainly there was in New Orleans, where there was poor executive decision-making in allowing the Mardi Gras fest to go ahead.  They problem was bad thinking, not the wrong skin color