Sign in to follow this  
yhmo21

HONG KONG PROTESTS: Caught in a fight between 2 super powers

Tiny Hong Kong is a victim between the fight of 2 super powers,

US and China, using HK protesters

I am a nobody, but I feel empowered by GOD (of the bible) to write the following sensitive texts to share with you:

The following is a highly sensitive posting, with my humble perspectives. Please click " https://www.facebook.com/HKYDS/videos/1196358450547582/UzpfSTEwNzkxNjk2ODY6MTAyMTY4MzE1NjM2NzYyNzE/ " (This link may not last long).

My perspectives:
    1. 1. This particular US news channel is against President Trump. Posting this news is done with a deliberate intention to "damage" Trump further during the present intense negotiations of trade tariffs between China and the US. I am sure that his "own trusted source of the US intelligence" would have told him about what is behind NED. It is CIA, my GOD. I am sure you (readers of Mensa HK) are aware of ill-thoughts and ill-doings of CIA with an objective to damage Trump. Well, this is US politics.
    2. Come to China and HK politics. Enemies of Trump in CIA has picked the best time to "damage" Trump during the aforesaid negotiation between China and the US. If we look back on the very first HK protest in Victoria Park in June (cannot remember the date) , and how the protests have evolved into violence events one after another, we should really say to ourselves: these violence events stepping up to be more violent have been PLANNED with experienced minds behind (refer to NED).
    3. Further, China Central Government has been demonic too, by sending undercover China police and "gong on" to pretend to be protesters, acting with severe violence in front of the HK police, whereby world news media have captured the news stories, asserting that HK protesters are violent. What is the hidden agenda of the China Central Government? The military tanks sitting in the stadium in Shen Zhen Bay gives us a good clue. A very good reason to tell the world that China has to use military force to suppress HK..... There we are. We, HK people, are truly victims.

The point 2 in my earlier posting shown above was responded by someone in Hong Kong in another forum today. He wrote:

put it this way - I can propose another equally plausible conspiracy theory of the whole movement.

President Xi, being the emperor of the universe, understands HK too well that he would know HK people must fight back if the central government intervenes too much. He actually encourages us to revolt so he could have a good bargaining chip in the trade war, and could potentially end the one country two systems. Wouldnt you want to follow what the great emperor instructed and join us instead?

If this sounds absurd to you, this is how we feel when we read your post.

As a Mensan, I would hope that our fellow members could make good use of our intelligence, and contribute to our society in a positive way, instead of getting sold to all those unfounded conspiracy theories and even use them to argue against the whole movement. 

Unquote

I am writing here to ask for your help to explain what this individual in HK is driving at. This is because I do not know all aspects (facets) of conspiracy theories. Thanks.

CHARTS VIEW - How Serious is the DAMAGE IN HK, from the Protests

It is certainly time the issue of HK PROTESTS was more fully discussed on GEI...

The protests & tensions are dominating headlines, and moving stock markets & property markets

HSI is oversold now, and has bounced off a mid-channel trendline near 25,000

HK:HSI / Hang Seng index ... all-data : 10-yr : 5yrW : 2yrD : 6mo : 10d / Last: 26,225 +490, +1.91%, so far today (mid-Monday)

4vSfKRB.gif

: 10-yr : 5yrW : 2yrD : 6mo : 10d /

urYSGq6.gif

: 2yrD : 6mo : 10d /

UAPT4bS.gif

HK Property/ Centa-City Leading Index: 188.22 : -0.11% since last week, -0.38% vs Prev. Mo.

6Yx42Lg.png

On 8/19/2019 at 10:34 AM, drbubb said:

CHARTS VIEW - How Serious is the DAMAGE IN HK, from the Protests

HK Property/ Centa-City Leading Index: 188.22 : -0.11% since last week, -0.38% vs Prev. Mo.

6Yx42Lg.png

Some Chinese investors suffer big losses after panicking and dumping property investments in Hong Kong

• Relatives of one Chinese billionaire took a US$2.29 million loss on a retail spot at Causeway Place shopping centre
  • Number of such loss-making cases may increase if local political turmoil, economic downturn continue

Some mainland Chinese investors who bought properties in Hong Kong at high prices several years ago have panicked amid souring sentiment and sold at big losses of up to HK$8.2 million.

For instance, Xiao Yonghong and Sun Darui, the younger sister and brother-in-law of missing Chinese billionaire Xiao Jianhua – founder of the troubled Tomorrow Group – offloaded a 337 square foot retail unit at Causeway Place shopping centre for HK$18 million (US$2.29 million), incurring a loss of HK$8.23 million or 31.4 per cent after six years.

The number of such loss-making cases may increase if protests continue and the economy does not pick up, said Hendrick Leung, director and general manager at Centaline Finance.

“Mainlanders are interesting. When they want to sell flats, they would not think so much and want to sell it immediately,” said Leung.

At least four properties have been sold in such panicked behaviour since July. (What?? Only 4 !!)

Date of sale Property Size (sq ft) Purchase price (HK$ million) Approximate loss (HK$ million) Years held
Aug, 2019 Mantin Heights 568 13
Aug, 2019 Twin Regency 300 4
Jul, 2019 Causeway Place 337 18
Jul, 2019 Regent Hill 884 30
Feb, 2019 The Beverly Hills 2 19

Sammy Po, chief executive of the residential division at Midland Realty attributed the owners’ urge to sell quickly to the slowing Chinese economy, the US-China trade war that dampened their own businesses and prospects of dropping home prices in Hong Kong.

“Their businesses might have been affected so they may need to sell the flats to cash in for helping their operations and solve their financial predicament,” Po said. “They are also aware that the prospects of the home market may not be so good. Because of the economy, they may sell more cheaply.”

China’s economy has been slowing down under credit tightening and the US-China trade war in recent years, with industrial production and retail sales all losing momentum in July.

Protesters throw bricks at Hong Kong police, who fired tear gas at them during clashes in Wong Tai Shin area on 5 August 2019. Photo: EPA-EFE
Protesters throw bricks at Hong Kong police, who fired tear gas at them during clashes in Wong Tai Shin area on 5 August 2019. Photo: EPA-EFE

Some mainland Chinese investors who bought properties in Hong Kong at high prices several years ago have panicked amid souring sentiment and sold at big losses of up to HK$8.2 million.

For instance, Xiao Yonghong and Sun Darui, the younger sister and brother-in-law of missing Chinese billionaire Xiao Jianhua – founder of the troubled Tomorrow Group – offloaded a 337 square foot retail unit at Causeway Place shopping centre for HK$18 million (US$2.29 million), incurring a loss of HK$8.23 million or 31.4 per cent after six years.

The number of such loss-making cases may increase if protests continue and the economy does not pick up, said Hendrick Leung, director and general manager at Centaline Finance.

“Mainlanders are interesting. When they want to sell flats, they would not think so much and want to sell it immediately,” said Leung.

At least four properties have been sold in such panicked behaviour since July.

Sammy Po, chief executive of the residential division at Midland Realty attributed the owners’ urge to sell quickly to the slowing Chinese economy, the US-China trade war that dampened their own businesses and prospects of dropping home prices in Hong Kong.

“Their businesses might have been affected so they may need to sell the flats to cash in for helping their operations and solve their financial predicament,” Po said. “They are also aware that the prospects of the home market may not be so good. Because of the economy, they may sell more cheaply.”

China’s economy has been slowing down under credit tightening and the US-China trade war in recent years, with industrial production and retail sales all losing momentum in July.

The loss-making transactions come as the Centa-City Leading Index, a timely home price index compiled by Centaline Property Agency, fell 1.2 per cent from late June to the week ended August 11, following the 0.8 per cent drop in official index in June.

But non-local and corporate buyers have gradually lost buying interest in property in the city, particularly for flats worth less than HK$10 million.

http://flip.it/iA3q5v

OTHER Solutions?

Hong Kong protests need a political solution and that should start with withdrawing extradition bill, police watchdog chief Anthony Neoh says

• Anthony Neoh, head of the police watchdog, says formally withdrawing the unpopular extradition legislation would give it a ‘proper burial’ and soothe public anger
  • He does not rule out a judge-led inquiry after that

928e3832-c258-11e9-ad8c-27551fb90b05_ima

Hong Kong must not rely on the police alone to restore calm to the city as the current impasse requires a political solution that should start with the formal withdrawal of the extradition bill that sparked the crisis, the chairman of the police watchdog has said.

Senior lawyer Anthony Neoh SC, who heads the Independent Police Complaints Council (IPCC), also did not rule out having a commission of inquiry at a later stage, once other restorative steps have been taken, including bringing about reconciliation.

“I don’t think the police by themselves can deal with the situation,” he said in an exclusive interview with the Post. His assessment stands in stark contrast to the brave face being put up by the city’s top police officers, who have expressed confidence in doing what the government has asked of them.

Neoh said police had been placed in the invidious position of enforcing law and order, and then having to cope with the fallout from Hongkongers who sympathise with the protesters.

Neoh said the current impasse requires a political solution. Photo: May Tse
Neoh said the current impasse requires a political solution. Photo: May Tse

He noted that if the police thought laws were being broken, they would have to deal with it. “But then, the more they deal with it, the more antipathy they create at the moment. And it becomes a vicious circle as we can all see. Let’s call a spade a spade on this one,” he said.

And without a political solution, Hong Kong would face either a war of attrition or spiralling conflict, he went on.

> https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3023485/hong-kong-protests-need-political-solution-and-should-start

A HORRIFIC "LOVE STORY": How the Hong Kong protests began

==

1. Glenn Beck's radio show is accurate. He must have done thorough research to put his script together. Well done to Glenn. Thanks to DrBubb to have posted the link on the radio show. 

2. With reference to "Richard Hartley-Parkinson's e-news article in the previous posting dated 26 August 2019", I would like to add the following humble comments:

a) Protesters at the "front" of protests, showing violent or riot behaviours, are paid between HK$5,000 to HK$6,000 per day by an organisation, which has its ulterior motive to "destroy" Hong Kong financially and politically. This particular organisation has been speculated to be one controlled by CIA (who want TRUMP down) who has been "instructed" by George Sxxxx. Well, this is very sensitive for me to expand on, in case the present website gets vetted by .... 

b) Readers of the present website are outsiders, and may not be interested in know the intricacies of the politics between mainland China central government and Hong Kong during the trade war between China and the USA. I do NOT wish to be patronising. However, if you construct a mind map with the main factors influencing each other, and also "connect the dots" so to speak, you may see why the tiny Hong Kong is the best "instrumental target or victim" when CIA wants Trump down during the trade negotiations between China and the USA. Then, the George guy will then pocket his monetary profits when ......I have said enough. 

I am sure that DrBubb is already aware of the intricacies of the politics between ......So am I. 

Amazing Footage Of Hong Kong Protesters Defying Communist Chinese-Controlled Police

Hong Kongers told Infowars they want freedom from Communist China’s technocratic control and social credit score.

Hernandez also covered the standoff that took place in Tsuen Wan, which resulted in tear gas and rubber bullets being used against protestors. Dozens were left injured and many were arrested during the violent demonstration.

/ 2 /

U.S.-China trade war deteriorates, as Trump lashes out at Beijing

China retaliates and takes action against $75 billion in American goods, while the United States fires back again by increasing tariffs on $550 billion in Chinese products

WASHINGTON, USA – The United States and China exchanged blows Friday, August 23, as each side increased punitive tariffs on the other, intensifying a trade war that is threatening to engulf the global economy.

In a rapid back-and-forth, Beijing took action against $75 billion in American goods in response to US tariffs announced August 1, and President Donald Trump lashed out in return by increasing existing and planned tariffs on a total of $550 billion in Chinese products.

Trump's blistering Twitter screeds called into doubt chances for a quick resolution to the trade war between the world's economic superpowers, which by the end of the year will cover nearly all imports and exports exchanged between the two countries.

Accusing China of "taking advantage of the United States on Trade, Intellectual Property Theft, and much more," Trump said, "we must Balance this very.... ...unfair Trading Relationship."

Existing 25% tariffs on $250 billion in Chinese goods will increase to 30% starting October 1, Trump said.

And tariffs on $300 billion in products, due to take effect September 1 at 10%, will now be set at 15%, he said.

"China should not have put new Tariffs on 75 BILLION DOLLARS of United States product (politically motivated!)"

While Beijing worked for 3 weeks on its multi-tiered tariff response, Trump's promised retaliation – which came in a signature tweetstorm – was announced in less than 10 hours

The various video clips depicted in the web link of newswars.com are showing a mixture of "Hong Kong triads' members" and "mainland China undercover police and policemen" pretended to be protesters (whose original motives were and are still about "withdrawing" the extradition bill instead of being violent). I am in Hong Kong, and can hear people talking about the politics over dinner at local eateries.  One guy said that those wearing "white" tops are triads. Well, as far as I know. It is not as black and white as we think. I mean that those wearing white tops consist of triads, and mainland China undercover police. Some of these badies (who have support from the mainland China central government) are also wearing black tops to worsen violent behaviours. Mainland China central government is determined to "kill" violent protesters in spite of what the USA and the UK have told them not to. I ,as a little citizen here in Hong Kong, anticipate such a political move (crack down) to happen in the next few weeks. Will I go out on the streets where the shooting will be taken place? Not at all. I suggest that you punch into the Hong Kong stock market to find bargains. I prayed to GOD. GOD has not given me wisdom when to exploit the Hong Kong stock market. Readers, be ready to make some profits. I am sure that the George Sxxxx  guy is already ready, knowing how he has made his fortune in the past. He is richer than GOD, but GOD will punish time and pound him many folds.

Readers: Be discerning when we read e-news posted in twitter by Laurel Chor on 25 AUG 2019. 

She wrote "Two men who are visiting from the US were arrested in Tsuen Wan after they took photos of the police. One is a freelance journalist, the other is a photography professor. The police asked them for press IDs; they didn't have them (which aren't required by law, by the way) ". She further wrote on 26 AUG: 

Guess what. I suspect that these two men are from NED. If I were them, I would NOT have taken my passport with me to the scene. These two men are badies. Hong Kong Police is NOT stupid. They are smart people. Laurel Chor has her own ulterior motive to increase her "reputation". I am afraid that this person is reporting superficial news without exploring deeper the issues of the protests involving NED. Laurel Chor is unprofessional, in my humble opinion. 

2 hours ago, yhmo21 said:

I suggest that you punch into the Hong Kong stock market to find bargains. I prayed to GOD. GOD has not given me wisdom when to exploit the Hong Kong stock market. Readers, be ready to make some profits.

Easier said than done. I think in this situation it's best to wait until there is a resolution or a rumor of a resolution before piling in.

For all we know Hong Kong is on its way to getting fucked by China and you don't want your money in there when that happens.

A Contrarian view?

Steve Bannon: If There Is Another Tiananmen in Hong Kong,

the Chinese Communist Party Will Collapse

AGF-l79x1gUQl3nQcQi1yn38NdXuvNgFUNGGv_5E

Published on Aug 21, 2019

At the height of the Hong Kong pro-democracy demonstration and the crossroads of the U.S.-China trade talks, Zooming In host Simone Gao interviewed former White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon. They discussed Hong Kong’s future, what’s next for the U.S.-China trade war, the stakes for all parties, and above all, the nature of this grand conflict.

/ 2 /

Steve Bannon's Warning On China Trade War (w/ Kyle Bass) | Real Vision Classics

THE RISE OF CHINA - is No Law of Nature... it has been orchestrated.

America can be great again, if ts stands up to the plot of Elites

The Chinese banking system is a mess, and the good news is the US banks are little-connected to it

==

WARNING from a Chinese business man : "China's No.1 Enemy"

Exiled Chinese Billionaire's Accusations of China (w/ Guo Wengui & Kyle Bass) | RV Classics

In the link of https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-49534439 , some extracted texts are appended below:

Who was arrested?

During a 24-hour police crackdown, at least three activists - including prominent 23-year-old campaigner Joshua Wong - and three lawmakers were detained.

Mr Wong, who first rose to prominence as the poster boy of a protest movement that swept Hong Kong in 2014, was released on bail after being charged over the protests which have rocked the territory since June.

Speaking to the BBC, Mr Wong said: "Organising protests, having assembly on street is the fundamental right of [the] Hong Kong people... People will still gather on [the] street and urge President Xi [Jinping] and Beijing [that] it's time to listen to people's voice."

Unquote

In my assessment of Joshua Wong's motives, he has done many damages to Hong Kong in a selfish way. Politics is not black and white, but consists of grey areas. Mr Wong is too young to "play his cards" right. He is doomed to be "eradicated" eventually one way or another. I wish him well into his 40's age if he can survive through the present "crack down" by China government. My anticipation is that he is doomed!

Good luck, my dear Mr Wong: be less judgmental. You will live longer. 

QUITTIN' TIME?

Hong Kong leader says she would 'quit' if she could...

XINHUA warns 'end coming' for protesters...

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaw

A fire burns on Aug. 31 after Hong Kong protesters threw Molotov cocktails during a clash with riot police.

TOKYO -- China issued a stern warning to Hong Kong protesters as well as the West on Sunday, reiterating that it will not tolerate any attempt to undermine Chinese sovereignty over the city.

"The end is coming for those attempting to disrupt Hong Kong and antagonize China," stated a commentary piece published by the state's Xinhua News Agency.

The strongly worded message was directed at "the rioters and their behind-the-scene supporters" -- which can be taken as an accusation of Western meddling. It said that "their attempt to 'kidnap Hong Kong' and press the central authorities is just a delusion," adding, "No concession should be expected concerning such principle issues."

The warning came as thousands of people blocked roads and public transport links to Hong Kong's airport. The demonstrations, which started in response to a proposed bill that would have allowed extradition to the mainland, have morphed into a broader rejection of Beijing's growing control over the semiautonomous city.

The commentary said three lines must not be crossed: no one should harm Chinese sovereignty, challenge the power of the central authorities or use Hong Kong to infiltrate and undermine the mainland.

"Anyone who dares to infringe upon these bottom lines and interfere in or damage the 'one country, two systems' principle will face nothing but failure," the piece declared. "They should never misjudge the determination and ability of the central government... to safeguard the nation's sovereignty, security and core interests.

With the protests attracting global attention, the demonstrators and the authorities are also fighting a PR battle. On Saturday, the Chinese Foreign Ministry took an unusual step of distributing images of alleged protester vandalism to the international press, in an apparent attempt to discredit the movement.

Neighborhoods echo with late night cries for freedom...

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Every night at 10 p.m., Hong Kong neighborhoods and university dorms echo with pro-democracy and anti-government chants, the latest form of protest in the Chinese-ruled city where a civil disobedience movement has been going on for more than 12 weeks.

7 hours ago, yhmo21 said:

In my assessment of Joshua Wong's motives, he has done many damages to Hong Kong in a selfish way. Politics is not black and white, but consists of grey areas. Mr Wong is too young to "play his cards" right. He is doomed to be "eradicated" eventually one way or another. I wish him well into his 40's age if he can survive through the present "crack down" by China government. My anticipation is that he is doomed!

He should emigrate

7 hours ago, yhmo21 said:

In my assessment of Joshua Wong's motives,...I wish him well into his 40's age if he can survive through the present "crack down" by China government. My anticipation is that he is doomed!

You hearing or seeing anything where you are, YH?

Neighborhoods echo with late night cries for freedom...

image.png

Choco Chu, 23, shouts slogan from his rooftop at Sham Shui Po in Hong Kong, China,

What started as a protest against a now-suspended bill that would have allowed criminal suspects to be extradited to mainland China for trial, has evolved into a broad, increasingly violent, and creative, struggle for greater democracy.

Over the past week, residents were seen out on their balconies or opening their windows to shout “Liberate Hong Kong, Revolution of our times”, “Ga Yao!” - a Cantonese expression of encouragement often translated as “Add oil” - or simply vent expletives toward police and the government.

The shouting, heard across the territory, is often interactive - one person starts and a chorus of others soon respond.

“Some people may think it’s naive,” said Torres Fong, 22, a Hong Kong Baptist University student who joins the shouting from his dorm room every night.

“I think its value is far higher. It shows how Hong Kongers are united in this movement and how the spirit is spread across every district.”

Last week, when I was about to enter my building where I live, I could hear one young male voice shouting "revolution in our time" in Cantonese on a low floor in another building across the road. I responded to these annoying words in Cantonese by saying "pray to GOD, Stupid pig". He replied, "I have prayed" and continued shouting the same words. I repeated "pray to GOD, stupid pg" twice, and thought to myself.

He does this every night, and 3 other female voices echoed his voice in some non-audible words at two other ends of the same street. 

In my humble opinion, these shouting behaviour is "childish" as if he wants to draw attention from his parents. I am sorry that I condemn such shouting behaviour on "revolution our time". 

Further, I am now wearing my hat as an (organisation) behavioural psychologist to share my assessment on the Chief Executive, Carrie Lam's behaviour:

1./ She is very selfish, similar to other politicians in the world. When I talked to a few people on the grass-root level, they commented how selfish she is. 

2./ She talks with a parent-to-child attitude in her speeches in press conferences. If you listen to her carefully, this attitude shows up many times. 

3./ Since she climbed up the social and career ladders from the bottom (her childhood was spent in a sub-divided room in Wan Chai), she has been motivated by having "power and authority". I can see that she is after the next role to be sitting next to Tung Chi Wah and CY Leung in mainland China government meetings.  

4./ She is also motivated by recognition, of course, by the mainland China government. 

In summary, she does NOT care for the Hong Kong people. I wish that she will RESIGN one day.

I also wish that she is or being investigated by ICAC (an independent anti-corruption entity) for possible corruptions in the past before taking her present role of Chief Executive. It will be GOD's will if she will be prosecuted for bribery, and hence to serve her prison terms. Many people in Hong Kong will be clapping their hands.

By the way, I am a Christian, and do not wish to offend anyone who does not believe in GOD.

Nevertheless, please forgive me if I have offended you. Many apologies.

Welcome your posting about Hong Kong in crisis...

Thanks for that, Y.

Interesting comments. Stay safe.

2./ She talks with a parent-to-child attitude in her speeches in press conferences.

If you listen to her carefully, this attitude shows up many times.

She sounds condescending, at a time when that is the OPPOSITE of what is needed.

This Video, and the Stock drop in USA yesterday suggests things are getting more serious, more nasty

HK Protests / China planning to sue US over new tariffs

"China says: IT HAS THE RIGHT TO DECLARE AN EMERGENCY in HK"