Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

Death of "Fakebook" (Facebook) is now Imaginable

On 11/04/2018 at 3:34 AM, drbubb said:
RXCPtXb.jpg

If they are still around in 1-2 years

Of course they will still be around.

while its interesting to see people realise something stinks at the heart of the us tech industry, its painfull to see how far they are to actual comprehension.

Couldn't Happen to a more suitable semi-human looking AI

https://pjmedia.com/trending/facebook-lawsuits-loom-tens-of-billions-on-the-line/

Facebook Stands to Lose Tens of BILLIONS in Dozens of Lawsuits

"Facebook Enshrines Stupidity!" Doug Casey Dumps On Social Media's Ubiquity

"Getting back to Facebook, I hope it goes bankrupt. I hate it as an institution. I hate what it does. I don’t like its policies. I don’t like its management. I don’t like the fact that it’s causing people to destroy whatever privacy they have left. While turning their brains to mush sending out selfies all day."

Doug: Perhaps humanity is bifurcating into the Morlocks and the Eloi at this point. It’s true that people used to go to libraries. But even the Library of Congress has only a tiny fraction the world’s data available; libraries are quaint and delightful, but they’re dinosaurs.

All the knowledge in the world is now at our fingertips on the Internet. The Internet is one of the greatest inventions in history, on a par with moveable type and the Gutenburg printing press. A few people are using it to educate and better themselves—but relatively few.

Most people just use it for trivial amusement, as you mentioned. Facebook adds very little value to the equation. In fact, I can’t see that it does much that’s productive. It’s basically a vehicle for gossip and watching cat videos.

Joel: And it’s less than that. Aside from the general degradation of public discourse, social media also represents a kind of unalterable historical record of bad jokes and regrettable moments, accessible to anyone who may wish to besmirch one’s character or skittle one’s reputation.

We’ve all said things we wish we hadn’t. To err is to be human, after all. What do you make of a world in which everyone’s worst moments are readily available to everyone else – including potential enemies – at the click of a mouse?

Doug: Facebook enshrines stupidity. A heavy Facebook user is, in effect, saying: “Look at me! I’m a thoughtless person who doesn’t have anything better to do with his time”. That’s on top of the fact that users are exposing their thoughts, actions, and whereabouts to the NSA, the FBI, the CIA and any of a hundred other nefarious agencies. In fact, there are credible allegations that Facebook, along with Google and Amazon, are willing tools of these intelligence agencies. No good can come of being a Facebookista.

But that’s about whether you should use Facebook. Whether you should own Facebook stock is a different question. Even after the recent selloff, Facebook still has a market cap of about $500 billion, which impresses me as a lot for a chat site cum advertising vehicle. Especially one where most of its growth is behind it. A lot of users are getting hip to the fact they’re not customers, they’re the product.

Facebook was a clever innovation ten years ago. But you know, there’s an old saying in the stock market: High Tech, Big Wreck!

Just as Myspace was displaced by Facebook, I predict Facebook 2.0 will come along and replace Facebook. My understanding is that kids now see Facebook as something used by old people-- people over 21 years of age. So if it’s going nowhere with the younger generation, where’s it’s future? Maybe it picks up a billion new users in the Third World. Ultimately, what’s that worth?

Facebook may not be a terminal short sale, but I certainly won’t be putting any of my own money into the stock.

. . .

Doug: I hope that, in a year or two, International Man itself grows into a community of like-minded people with above average I.Q.s, libertarian values, and real world experience. IM might, itself, even branch off to become its own kind of Facebook. A private version.

I know there’s a lot of talk about regulating FB, or breaking it up. That’s a bad idea; the government should have zero to do with business in general—and areas related to free speech in particular. I’m disgusted by the fact FB has kicked Alex Jones and others off their platform. But they have a right to do so, as a private company. Although, on the other hand, they’re almost a creature of the State.

But that’s not an excuse for the government to “step in”. What will happen is that a newer, better Facebook lookalike—or a dozen of them—will replace them. FB will self-destruct. It’s a non-problem.

Some Insiders at FB - are not happy

Dozens at Facebook Unite to Challenge Its ‘Intolerant’ Liberal Culture

Facebook’s chief executive, Mark Zuckerberg, told Congress this year that he wanted the company to “be a platform for all ideas.”CreditCreditTom Brenner/The New York Times

SAN FRANCISCO — The post went up quietly on Facebook’s internal message board last week. Titled “We Have a Problem With Political Diversity,” it quickly took off inside the social network.

“We are a political monoculture that’s intolerant of different views,” Brian Amerige, a senior Facebook engineer, wrote in the post, which was obtained by The New York Times. “We claim to welcome all perspectives, but are quick to attack — often in mobs — anyone who presents a view that appears to be in opposition to left-leaning ideology.”

Since the post went up, more than 100 Facebook employees have joined Mr. Amerige to form an online group called FB’ers for Political Diversity, according to two people who viewed the group’s page and who were not authorized to speak publicly. The aim of the initiative, according to Mr. Amerige’s memo, is to create a space for ideological diversity within the company.

The new group has upset other Facebook employees, who said its online posts were offensive to minorities. One engineer, who declined to be identified for fear of retaliation, said several people had lodged complaints with their managers about FB’ers for Political Diversity and were told that it had not broken any company rules.

> https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/28/technology/inside-facebook-employees-political-bias.html

#UCK ZUCK!  he may have to go

Facebook Engineer's Stunning Admission: "We Tear Down Posters Welcoming Trump Supporters"

On Tuesday morning, President Trump lashed out at Google, with his remarks later broadening to include Twitter and Facebook, accusing it of "rigging" search results by presenting only results "from National Left-Wing Media" and accused "Google & others are suppressing voices of Conservatives and hiding information and news that is good."

Those companies "better be careful because you can’t do that to people," Trump said later in the Oval Office. "I think that Google, and Twitter and Facebook, they are really treading on very, very troubled territory and they have to be careful. It is not fair to large portions of the population.”

Google immediately responded, condemning Trump's charge, and claiming that "Search is not used to set a political agenda and we don’t bias our results toward any political ideology."

And yet, as so often happens, in Trump's crude delivery, the politically incorrect truth was once again found.

Absoflippinglutely unbelievable, but perfectly predictable from this corporate culture!!!

Fakebook Chief's Delusions of Grandeur

"Will to Dominate" ... Fed by FB's still-high (but fading?) stock price?

I hear FB's success was assisted & fed by Deep State capital, connections & assistance

FB / Facebook vs other FAANG & SPX ... update : FB at $xxx is still down for the year

hhSa64e.gif

Zuck's Delusions - he feels like an Emperor - which one?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-nEXncXf564MlgL92Kjo: Zuckerberg's obsession with ancient Roman emperor...

... Offers insight into how he runs Facebook

• The Facebook CEO's idealization of the ancient Roman emperor, who he says made difficult choices to achieve the greater good, may explain some of his decisions.
  • The company pursued growth aggressively, including expanding into foreign nations and giving access to outside developers without putting checks and balances in place.

"You have all these good and bad and complex figures," Zuckerberg said during an interview with The New Yorker. "I think Augustus is one of the most fascinating. Basically, through a really harsh approach, he established two hundred years of world peace."

Like Zuckerberg, Augustus assumed power of his empire at a young age. To attain world peace, Augustus had to make choices "that didn't come for free, and he had to do certain things," Zuckerberg added. But in the end, the Facebook executive believes the emperor was able to achieve a significant period of peace, something that "feels unattainable."

The profile notes that Augustus eliminated political opponents and may have arranged the execution of his grandson.

Domination !

...The Augustus mindset could be one reason why Zuckerberg reportedly led his company to pursue growth at all costs, and used to end some meetings by half-jokingly shouting "Domination!," the profile says.

When Facebook stopped growing at 50 million users in 2007, the executive created a "Growth Team" to focus on getting more users, The New Yorker reported. Solutions included adding more languages to reach out to new territories, as well as asking the Federal Election Commission to exempt the platform from disclosing political ad funding sources in 2011. It also opened its platform to outside developers before putting safeguards in place to make sure user data wasn't misused, according to former operations manager Sandy Parakilas.

Many of these growth strategies have led to Facebook's current issues, including how foreign nations were allowed to sway U.S. elections with manipulative content. Facebook's former security chief recently told CNN he believes the company is not better prepared to deal with these forces than they were during the 2016 election.

Read the full New Yorker profile of Mark Zuckerberg here.

Good-bye to "Dominator" Apps

Facebook exodus: Nearly half of young users have deleted the app

• A new survey of more than 3,400 U.S. Facebook users finds that 44 percent of users ages 18 to 29 have deleted the app from their phones in the past year.
  • Overall, 26 percent have deleted the app, while 42 percent have taken a break of several weeks or more.
  • The survey does not measure usage of Facebook's Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger, all of which remain popular overseas, and does not measure Facebook's continuing growth overseas.

On Wednesday, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee about Facebook's efforts to fight interference. However, former Facebook security chief Alex Stamos recently warned that the U.S. is no better equipped to fight foreign interference in the 2018 midterm elections than it was in 2016. Stamos is one of seven senior executives who have left or announced plans to leave Facebook this year.

The scandals are affecting Facebook's financial situation as well. The company's stock plunged more than 20 percent on a single day in July after Facebook warned on its earnings call of slowing ad growth and higher expenses related to fighting misinformation. Shares are off 1.4 percent in midday trading on Wednesday amid a broader decline in tech stocks.

>https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/05/facebook-exodus-44-percent-of-americans-age-18-29-have-deleted-app.html?recirc=taboolainternal

ZUCK and his website are out-of-control!

They are feeding hatred & need to be investigated... or Shuttered

Facebook Defends Calls For Trump Assassination

Platform suspends woman bringing attention to violent leftists calling for president’s murder

A woman’s account has been suspended by Facebook for demanding the platform ban users calling for President Trump’s assassination.

“Do any of you remember a day when talking about assassinating the President resulted in getting arrested?” Marjorie Greene wrote Sunday, who included a screenshot of users calling for Trump’s murder.

Rather than delete or address the individuals inciting violence against the president, Facebook issued a 3-day suspension notice to Greene after she brought attention to the left’s incitements of violence.

Without elaborating, Facebook’s notice said Greene violated its community standards and therefore will be blocked for 3 days, and that she’d be locked out for a week if she continued.

PART_1557099002822_IMG_5902.jpg

“Someone please assassinate Trump I promise you won’t get in as much trouble as you think shit you might even get away with it,” wrote another user.

PART_1557099014376_IMG_7805.jpg

This incident highlights the simple fact that Facebook has no intention of fighting “hate” or making its platform safer and more inclusive for everybody.

Facebook’s censorship program is instead meant to suppress and ultimately eradicate conservative viewpoints, whether they violate its community guidelines or not.

Its permanent banning of Paul Joseph Watson is proof positive of that fact — no video or article he’s made has ever called for violence on any level.

Big Tech has been caught using moderators to flag and censor images of conservatives online. Raheem Kassam joins attorney Robert Barnes and Alex Jones via Skype to expose this Orwellian tactics now being used against patriots.

Most of the big Tech stocks are NEAR Highs

FB-etc ... update

0d08B22.png

==

"BREAK it Up!" Getting in his Face (book)

AAB86kf.img?h=419&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f
FACEBOOK CO-FOUNDER CALLS FOR GOVT TO BREAK IT UP...
ZUCKERBERG TOO POWERFUL...
SACRIFICED
SECURITY and CIVILITY FOR CLICKS'...
VIDEO...
Social giant auto-generates videos celebrating ISIS..

Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes called for the break up of Facebook today, arguing in a New York Times op-ed that the site needs to be reined in because its CEO Mark Zuckerberg has “unchecked power” in modern life.

While Hughes noted that he hasn’t worked at Facebook in 15 years, he still feels “anger and responsibility” when the site is used as a vehicle for bad actors and nefarious content, like “Russian agents, violent rhetoric and fake news; and the unbounded drive to capture ever more of our time and attention.”

“[Zuckerberg is] human. But it’s his very humanity that makes his unchecked power so problematic,” Hughes later notes in the piece. “Mark’s influence is staggering, far beyond that of anyone else in the private sector or in government. He controls three core communications platforms — Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp — that billions of people use every day.”

“Mark is a good, kind person. But I’m angry that his focus on growth led him to sacrifice security and civility for clicks,” he added.

Hughes also voiced his disappointment in himself and the initial developers of Facebook for “not thinking more about how the News Feed algorithm could change our culture, influence elections and empower nationalist leaders.”

Near the end of the op-ed, Hughes took admitted that it “took the 2016 election fallout and Cambridge Analytica to awaken me to the dangers of Facebook’s monopoly” and argued that “Zuckerberg cannot fix Facebook, but our government can.”

Is social media evil? More are saying yes, and that should worry Facebook.

Is social media a threat or a menace?

That seems to be the question many are asking today. Where just a few years ago, companies like Facebook or Google were seen as white knights of progress, now there seems to be a lot more skepticism about their effects and their intentions.

I saw this firsthand last week when I spoke at a conference on free speech and social media at Stanford Law School, where I talked about my new book, “The Social Media Upheaval.” As I discuss in my book, the rise of social media has brought about a lot of change, and much of it isn’t appreciated.

Read more: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED | The History The US Government HOPES You Never Learn! https://www.whatreallyhappened.com/#ixzz5pwn1bu8U

Schmuckerborg is a Hypocrite

Walls for Me But Not for Thee: Fascistbook Robber Baron Mark Zuckerberg Building a Massive 6-Foot Tall Border Security Wall on His 700 Acre, $100 Million Property in Hawaii as He Shoves Out Locals

Zuckerberg’s and his wife Priscilla Chan bought up more than 700 acres for over $100 million in 2014, and his effort to consolidate the patchwork of lands within the estate has been controversial since he started building a six-foot wall around his property. The wall created a sphere of seclusion at odds with how most people live on Kauai, to say nothing of the fact that it blocks the view to the ocean. The four parcels auctioned on Tuesday are known as kuleana lands and were thrust into the spotlight when news broke in 2017 that Zuckerberg was using shell companies he created with names like Northshore Kalo LLC to sue to gain ownership of the kuleana lands that lie within his property. Kuleana lands were designated in the 1850s as a way to convey property rights to Hawaiians, who before then had shared land communally. The lands were intended to be passed down within families for generations. There was a vocal backlash from the Hawaiian community, who view Zuckerberg as just the latest foreigner to take their ancestral lands.

th?id=OIP.WvZbvBsrySEaqoF46Oyn1QHaE8&w=2
NOONAN: Overthrow the Prince of FACEBOOK...

Big tech has become too powerful and abusive. We know enough about it to break up its dominance.

I’ll start with a personal experience and then try to expand into Republicans and big tech.

In the spring of 2016, Facebook