Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

Death of "Fakebook" (Facebook) is now Imaginable

"Facebook has evolved to a place... You are tracking everyone."

Congresswoman Won't Let Mark Zuckerberg WEASAL His Way Out Of Her Question About Tracking People!

ZUCK THE LIAR on display here

There ARE tracking everyone. 

Zuck needs to 'fess up regarding his CIA connections

Ann Coulter Responds to Mark Zuckerberg's Testimony

"Everyone should listen to the 5 minutes of questions by Ted Cruz"

"When we have these things, Washington should have hearings... and then the CEO's could be forced to come to Washington and be questioned by Moron Senators"

How do you Censor? How do you make Hamburger?

The same way you make a Million "enforcement errors" - by wanting to make mincemeat of you enemies, or those you disagree with, like FB does to those with Conservative views.

Master Mark: ‘We Don’t Think What We Are Doing Is Censoring Speech’

Mark Zuckerberg smiling

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg admitted today to altering the site’s algorithm to shut down certain speech on the platform.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg appeared before the Energy and Commerce Committee of the House of Representatives in Washington today where he admitted that Facebook does alter its algorithm to shut down certain types of speech. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), questioned Zuckerberg saying; “we’ve done one hearing on the algorithms, I chair a communications and technology subcommittee here, we’re getting ready to do a second one on algorithms. We’re going to do one next week on prioritization so I’d like to ask you, do you subjectively manipulate your algorithms to prioritize or censor speech?”

Mark Zuckerberg replied; “Congresswoman, we don’t think what we are doing is censoring speech, I think there are types of content like terrorism which I think we all agree we don’t want to have on our service, so we build a system that can identify those and can remove that content and we’re very proud of that work.” Blackburn took Zuckerberg to task saying; “let me tell you something right now, Diamond and Silk is not terrorism.”

This was a reference to YouTube commentators Diamond and Silk who recently found their Facebook page limited on the platform. Zuckerberg admitted this was a mistake earlier in the hearing when representative Joe Barton asked; “‘Please ask Mr. Zuckerberg why is Facebook censoring conservative bloggers such as Diamond and Silk. Facebook called them unsafe to the community, that is ludicrous, they hold conservative views, that isn’t unsafe.’ What’s your response to that?

Zuckerberg replied; “Congressman, in that specific case,” replied Zuckerberg; “our team made an enforcement error. And we have already gotten in touch with them to reverse it.” Diamond and Silk, however, claim they have yet to hear any further from Facebook.

Zuck Owns or Imitates ‘8 Social Apps’ He Claims Are Competition to Facebook

While testifying before Congress this week, Mark Zuckerberg stated that Facebook faces fierce competition in the marketplace from at least 8 major apps, but in fact, Facebook owns or has a version of each of the apps that supposedly threatens them.

TechCrunch reports that so far, Zuckerberg’s defense towards Facebook being accused of having a monopoly has been to claim that the average American internet user regularly uses eight other social apps to communicate, not just his platform. The problem is, according to mobile app insight service App Annie, Zuckerberg’s company owns three of the top 10 apps in the United States and has cloned versions or features of other apps.

Zuckerberg’s own products are ranked extremely high on the list. Instagram — which is owned by Facebook — is number four, Facebook Messenger is number 6 and the Facebook app itself is number eight. The top three apps are games, but for all other apps, Facebook has or is working on a cloned version of that app. The YouTube app sits at number five, and Facebook is currently attempting to build it’s “Watch Video” section to take on YouTube. The Silicon Valley giant has already adopted the “Stories” idea from the seventh most popular app, Snapchat. Facebook also owns the 19th most popular app, WhatsApp.

If you select the “Social Media” category on App Annie and sort by the “most popular” apps, Facebook owns the top three apps listed. “The average American I think uses eight different communication and social apps. So there are a lot of different choices and a lot of innovation and activity going on in this space” said Zuckerberg when questioned before the Senate yesterday, but Facebook has regularly sought to purchase or copy apps that may pose a threat to the company.

/ 2 /

zz

zz

MAJOR SUCK UP? : "you do believe in keeping all ideas equal"

Money well-spent by FB? And/or the Zuck-bot, Mark

Rep. Chris Collins Praises Mark Zuckerberg: ‘You Truly Are Doing Good’

In a change of pace from lawmakers questioning Mark Zuckerberg about his platform, Representative Chris Collins (R-NY) praised both Zuckerberg and Facebook, saying “And I sincerely know in my heart that you do believe in keeping all ideas equal.”

While appearing before the Energy and Commerce Committee of the House of Representatives in Washington today, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg seemed to have gained a fan in Representative Chris Collins (R-NY). Collins began his opening questioning of Zuckerberg by saying, “I wasn’t sure where I would be going with this but when you’re number 48 of 54 members you can do a lot of listening, and I’ve tried to do that today, and to frame where I am now I think — first of all thank you for coming — and there’s a saying ‘you don’t know what you know until you know it.'”

Collins continued, “and I think you’ve done a great benefit to Facebook and to yourself in particular as we now have heard without a doubt that Facebook doesn’t sell data. I think the narrative would be ‘of course you sell data’ and now we all know across America that you don’t sell data, I think that’s very good for you a very good clarification. The other one is, that the whole situation [and reason] we’re here is because a third-party app developer, Aleksander Kogan, didn’t follow through on the rules. He was told he can’t sell the data, he gathered the data and he did what he’s not supposed to and he sold the data. And it’s very hard to anticipate a bad actor doing what they’re doing until after they’ve done it and clearly you took actions after 2014 so one real quick question is, what did change, what data was being collected before you locked down the platform and how did that change to today?”

Mark Zuckerberg replied; “Before 2014 when we announced the change, someone could sign into an app and share some of their data but...

> http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/04/11/rep-chris-collins-praises-mark-zuckerberg-you-truly-are-doing-good/

Roseanne Barr Demands Mark Zuckerberg Stop Censoring Diamond and Silk

Roseanne Barr took to Twitter on Wednesday and warned Facebook and its embattled founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg to “stop censoring” conservative YouTube sensations Diamond and Silk.

“Diamond and Silk are comedians-stop censoring them!” Barr said in her tweet

Moments later, Barr retweeted an NRA Twitter post that quoted the political pair as saying, “[] don’t like the fact that they can’t control us anymore and they can’t keep us on what we call the Democrat plantation. They can’t use us anymore …We’re black, we’re women and we’re conservatives.”

The Roseanne star’s tweet came apparently within minutes of Zuckerberg admitting to the Energy and Commerce Committee of the House of Representatives in Washington on Wednesday that Facebook’s decision to limit Diamond and Silk on the social media platform was the result of an “enforcement error.”

Last week, the pro-President Donald Trump duo announced that Facebook had informed them that the social media giant deemed their political videos “unsafe to the community.”

The ladies called on President Trump to probe the platform.

> http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/04/11/roseanne-demands-mark-zuckerberg-stop-censoring-diamond-silk/

15 Memes Mocking Mark Zuckerberg’s Senate Hearing

A plethora of memes were forged during Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s congressional hearings on Tuesday and Wednesday. Here are some of the highlights.

Robot Zuck

View image on Twitter View image on Twitter
Matthew Teague

Just now it hit me, watching him testify ...about Data.

Everything is Fine Zuck

DaeOJDeUMAAC0O8.jpg
Creepy Joe Biden
Winklevoss Twins
Senators' Questions
Facebook Memories

Daf1aHMW0AQU5TU.jpg
Booster Seat
Reptile Zuck

DIAMOND & SILK: FACEBOOK, ZUCK, NOT UNDER OATH! - ALEX JONES INFOWARS

COMMENT:

Hey Zuck, if you know that "FB is located in Silicon Valley, and is a very left leaning place", shouldn't you be making VERY SPECIAL EFFORTS to insure that the leftwing-biased people surrounding your company and whom you hire, do not put your moderation out of sync with your customers in the USA and in the world?  Here's a knife, now go and cut those leftwing idealogues out of your company before it is too late.  You should make an example of those who banned D&S and fire them in a very public way, so the rest of the leftwing moderators get the message in a powerful way.
Clean up the your SJW mess or you may see the Facebook Regulated to Death!

"most of the people who questioned him, had received quite a bit of money"

ZUCKERBERG EXPOSED

FB is NOT upfront ... about its anti-Conservative Bias

"I think at some point, there are going to be lawsuits... they will be forced to reveal algorithims"

10% Of FACEBOOK Users Delete Accounts?

According to a recent poll conducted by Techpinions, a technology research group, 9% of a sample of 1,000 people surveyed said they had deleted their Facebook page in the wake of revelations that Cambridge Analytica used the personal data of 87 million people in its work for the Trump campaign.

This revelation, brought to the attention of the media by whistleblower Christopher Wylie (who promptly saw his own Facebook account deleted by the company shortly after the New York Times and the Observer published the initial exposes), ignited an international scandal about how Facebook collects, stores and utilizes the personal data of its users to target advertisements - a business that has transformed Facebook into perhaps the most profitable company of its size in the history of capitalism.

YAHOO and AOL just gave themselves the right to read your emails (again)...

"HOW DARE YOU Allow Opioids To Be Sold On FACEBOOK!" Congressman Goes Off on Mark Zuckerberg!

Facebook's DISTRACTION PLOY

Aleksandr Kogan, the computer scientist at the center of the Facebook data harvesting scandal, said Mark Zuckerberg is "totally" a hypocrite in a Monday CNBC interview. Kogan made headlines in March after the New York Times and The Guardian reported that political data firm Cambridge Analytica bought data on as many as 87 million Facebook users - harvested by Kogan's personality app, thisismydigitallife.

The Moldovan-born researcher from Cambridge University says he's being used as a scapegoat, and that there are "tens of thousands" of other apps do the same thing, Kogan said. "It's certain"

"In reality, I think, the truth is we’ve got tens of thousands of over apps that did the same thing, probably on a much bigger scale than me," Kogan told CNBC's Power Lunch. "And they’re all out there and Facebook has no accounting for it."

"The amazing thing is if you go and look at Facebook apps literally right now, many, if not most will have language in the terms of service that say they can transfer the data to third parties. I’m not talking about small companies, I am talking about some of the biggest companies in the world. And you can go and do this yourself right now. And Facebook is still not policing it."

Kogan says that Facebook is "trying to distract," adding "they're trying to make this story about, 'Hey, it's a rogue agent and he transferred the data.'"

More https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-24/zuckerberg-hypocrite-says-aleksandr-kogan-tens-thousands-data-harvesting-apps-out

"facebook is a dying platform"

Diamond and Silk Treated Congress Exactly How They Deserve on Tech Issues

ZUCK & FB double down on political bias

(Drudge headlines):

FACEBOOK begins to rank news organizations...
Conservative Voices Eliminated...
'Hate Speech' Obsession...

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said Tuesday that the company has already begun to implement a system that ranks news organizations based on trustworthiness, and promotes or suppresses its content based on that metric.

Zuckerberg said the company has gathered data on how consumers perceive news brands by asking them to identify whether they have heard of various publications and if they trust them.

“We put [that data] into the system, and it is acting as a boost or a suppression, and we’re going to dial up the intensity of that over time," he said. "We feel like we have a responsibility to further [break] down polarization and find common ground.”

Zuckerberg met with a group of news media executives at the Rosewood Sand Hill hotel in Menlo Park after delivering his keynote speech at Facebook’s annual F8 developer conference Tuesday.

The meeting included representatives from BuzzFeed News, the Information, Quartz, the New York Times, CNN, the Wall Street Journal, NBC, Recode, Univision, Barron’s, the Daily Beast, the Economist, HuffPost, Insider, the Atlantic, the New York Post, and others.

. . .

John McAfee- Changes Bitcoin Prediction, Talks Facebook Privacy & FBI Director Comey

Democrat on Facebook report: 'Sure looks like Zuckerberg lied to Congress'

A top congressional Democrat slammed Facebook over a report alleging the company shared its users' personal data with a range of device makers.

"There's something Strange in the Neighborhood"

Who you gonna Call?

"there's something strange in the Declaration"

Who you gonna Hate?

facebook-11.jpg

FACEBOOK flags Declaration of Independence as hate speech...

In the week of America’s Independence Day, the algorithms of Facebook decided that the Declaration of Independence was hate speech.

The Liberty County Vindicator, a community newspaper between Houston and Beaumont, had been posting the whole declaration in small daily chunks for nine days on its Facebook page in the run-up to July 4. But the 10th excerpt was not posted Monday as scheduled, and the paper said it received an automated notice saying the post “goes against our standards on hate speech.”

Part of the standard notice, Vindicator managing editor Casey Stinnett wrote, included a warning that the newspaper could lose its Facebook account, on which it depends for much of its reach, if there were more violations.

Zuck's wife is Chinese - Do they already influence him ?

ZUCKERBERG WARNS BREAK-UP OF FACEBOOK WILL LEAD TO CHINESE TECH DOMINANCE

Calls to break up Facebook in order to even out the playing field for competitors would result in a Chinese tech companies filling the void, said the social network’s co-founder Mark Zuckerberg.
He pointed to the fact that the Chinese firms which will likely step in and dominate don’t have traditional American values.

“I think you have this question from a policy perspective, which is, ‘do we want American companies to be exporting across the world?’” Zuckerberg said in an interview with technology news website Recode. “I think that the alternative, frankly, is going to be the Chinese companies.”

The social media tycoon added: “I think you can bet that, if the government here is worried about — whether it’s election interference or terrorism — I don’t think Chinese companies are going to want to cooperate as much and aid the national interest there.”

#Uck Zuck!

U.S. stock futures mostly fall, hit by Facebook’s premarket dive

yet-another-company-claims-facebook-ad-c
FACEBOOK DEATH SPIRAL
STOCK PLUNGES 24%

Facebook plunges more than 17 percent on revenue miss and projected slowdown

• Earnings per share: $1.74 vs. $1.72 per a Thomson Reuters consensus estimate
  • Revenue: $13.23 billion vs. $13.36 billion per a Thomson Reuters consensus estimate
  • Global daily active users (DAUs): 1.47 billion vs. 1.49 billion, according to a StreetAccount and FactSet estimate

His time has come. Oust him!

FB ... update

xx
ZUCKERBERG LOSES $16,800,000,000 IN MINUTES!
SHAREHOLDERS DRAW UP NEW PLANS TO OUST...
USERS VANISH...
EXECS BITCH OVER CONTENT, CENSORSHIP, BLOCKING...
'You're allowed to say something untrue if you're authentic person'...

red-mark-zuckerberg-angry-facebook-ceo.j
DEATH TO THE ALGORITHM
FACEBOOK SPIRAL
STOCK -19%

"Facebook's $100 billion-plus rout is the biggest loss in stock market history"

Facebook on Thursday posted the largest one-day loss in market value by any company in U.S. stock market history after releasing a disastrous quarterly report.

The social media giant's market capitalization plummeted by $119 billion to $510 billion as its stock price plummeted by 19 percent. At Wednesday's close, Facebook's market cap had totaled nearly $630 billion, according to FactSet.

No company in the history of the U.S. stock market has ever lost $100 billion in market value in just one day, but two came close.

==

I am surprised at how little impact the 19% Drop had on the overall market. Confidence remains in other (overpriced?) Tech stocks... Why?

Maybe people were anticipating THIS news for the US: " GDP BLOWOUT... DEVELOPING... FIVE PERCENT?!"

Scumbag NYT Opposes Free Speech, Applauds Facebook as Facebook Begins to Decline Sharply

Wall Street Finally Taught Facebook Fascist Mark Zuckerberg the Lesson He Deserved

This week Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg finally got the whack across the nose that many had hoped Congress would give him back in April.

The social-media giant’s stock price took a spectacular nose dive Thursday after the company forecast a slowdown in the rate of new user sign-ups. Analysts reckon Facebook’s limp response to the European Union’s recently enacted digital privacy laws also soured investors on its near-term financial future.

While Zuckerberg spent the first half of 2018 listening to but not really hearing complaints about how Facebook mishandles user data, it’s a good bet he’s listening now. All told, Thursday’s trading vaporized $119 billion of the Menlo Park, Calif., company’s market value. That’s roughly the equivalent of the gross domestic product of Kuwait.

Public patience with Zuckerberg’s often unconvincing — and at times duplicitous — statements about the heroic lengths Facebook goes to protect user data appears to have come to an end. A rolling tide of revelations this year about persistent privacy breaches has eviscerated Facebook’s credibility on the issue. People have been logging off in droves.

Facebook has long claimed that its mission is to develop social infrastructure and — *gag* — build community. That no longer passes the giggle test. What they really want to do is follow people around the Internet, collect and organize what they learn and sell that information to the highest bidder.

Ted Cruz: ‘Who the Hell Made Facebook the Arbiter of Political Speech?’

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) came out swinging against Facebook for censoring Infowars videos, asserting that free speech protects controversial points of view.

“Am no fan of Jones — among other things he has a habit of repeatedly slandering my Dad by falsely and absurdly accusing him of killing JFK — but who the hell made Facebook the arbiter of political speech? Free speech includes views you disagree with. #1A,” Cruz tweeted on Saturday.

The tech giants’ war against Infowars – and conservative thought in general – ramped up this week after YouTube and Facebook temporarily suspended Alex Jones from their platforms after being lobbied relentlessly to do so by CNN.

Additionally, Vice reported that Twitter was in fact shadowbanning prominent conservatives on its platform after numerous denials over the months.