Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

Dem's deploy "Get the Grabbers" Strategy

Dem's deploy "Get the Grabbers" Strategy

Franken & Conyers sacrificed - "Cleaning house" so they can remind others of the Trump sex-tape

DQdV5pdUIAAOI-Y.jpg
THE FALL OF FRANKEN
'CHAMPION OF WOMEN'

Minnesota Republicans are reaching out to former Gov. Tim Pawlenty about running in a race to replace Sen. Al Franken.

Franken says he is resigning after accusations by several women of sexual misconduct. That sets up a November 2018 election to serve the final two years of his term.

Republicans have also identified former Sen. Norm Coleman as a possible candidate.

Coleman has already posted on his personal Facebook page that he won't run. He narrowly lost to Franken in 2008 in a close election that included a monthslong vote count.

Pawlenty ran for president in 2012.

___

12:30 p.m.

Sen. Al Franken says he's been an advocate for women. That's even as he resigns amid a torrent of sexual misconduct accusations.

The Minnesota Democrat says he's used his position "to be a champion of women." He says despite the allegations, "I know who I really am."

He says, "Even on the worst day of my political life, I feel like it's all been worth it."

Franken is serving his ninth year as senator. He says he'll resign in the coming weeks.

. . .

Franken, who had been a vocal champion of women’s rights and a popular, in-demand spokesman for various progressive causes, found himself caught up in a growing cultural movement around outing bad behavior toward women by men in positions of power. By abandoning Franken along with former U.S. Rep. John Conyers, who resigned earlier this week, Democrats are drawing a distinction between their party and Republicans at a time when Trump has thrown his full support behind Moore, accused of sexual abuse of underage girls.

Franken said in his speech that he had been excited about growing awareness of mistreatment of women, and consequences for the men who mistreat. “I was excited about the conversation and I hoped it would result in real change. Then the conversation turned to me,” he said.

. . .

Tweeden’s story was followed by a series of allegations aired by a series of national media outlets, including two women who went to CNN with reports that Franken had groped them as he posed for photographs with them.

Lindsay Menz, a Texas woman, said that Franken had firmly grabbed her backside while they were posing together for a photo at the Minnesota State Fair in 2010 — after he’d become a U.S. senator. And Stephanie Kemplin, an Ohio veteran, said Franken cupped her breast as they prepared to pose for a photograph in Iraq in 2003, while Franken was on another USO tour.

(the Hypocritical virtue-signaling dems, are going to talk about how they "cleaned house",

when they turn on Trump and Moore in the weeks to come - but where's the actual evidence?):

SLAMS TRUMP, MOORE ON WAY OUT

Stressing that he wanted to be respectful of what he called a broader conversation about mistreatment of women by powerful men, Franken sought to draw a distinction between himself and two Republicans also accused of mistreatment of women, President Trump and Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore.

“I of all people am aware that there is some irony in the fact I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape of his history of sexual assault is in the Oval Office, and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls has the full support of his party,” Franken said.

The Dems are now sure to remind Voters of the Billy Bush tapes

But what were Trumps' actual words - and what evidence was there?

Will Voters care?

How many more Dems will be exposed?

Will pedophilia be the next area to "go viral"

DQdXQNRUIAA7nJ1.jpg

NOT FUNNY: FRANKEN ENDS SENATE RUN...

Franken, 66, a former comedian who had been seen as a rising star in the Democratic Party, said he would be leaving in a few weeks. Even as he did so, he denied some of the allegations against him and questioned others.

“I know in my heart that nothing I’ve done as a senator - nothing - has brought dishonor on this institution,” Franken said. “Nevertheless, today I am announcing that in the coming weeks, I will be resigning as a member of the United States Senate.”

Sponsored

Franken, whose Senate seat will initially be filled by a Democrat appointed by Minnesota’s Democratic governor, is one of several prominent American men in politics, media and entertainment to be accused in recent months of sexual harassment and misconduct.

Allegations that he had groped and tried to kiss women without their consent began to surface three weeks ago.

NOT SORRY...

DEM SEN: He shouldn't have quit!

Accuser Blasts...

Lindsay Menz, one of the women who accused Franken of inappropriate conduct, told CNN that he grabbed her buttocks at the Minnesota State Fair in 2010.

Menz responded to Franken’s resignation speech by saying that she was disappointed by some of the comments that he made.

“I guess I’m a little disappointed by his statement. Just that he would continue to dismiss and put the allegations down,” she said.

In his speech, Franken took time to comment that he felt “there is some irony that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape that his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party.”

Franken takes parting shot at Trump in resignation speech

Frankenstein's in on the Grabber strategy

Franken resignation is a ‘political stunt’ by Dems: Ford O’Connell

CivicForumPAC director Ford O’Connell and former D.C. DNC chair Scott Bolden discuss Al Franken’s resignation from the Senate amid sexual misconduct allegations against the Minnesota Democrat.Cebu

Pacific