Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

Is Prince Harry "defying the odds"?

Is Prince Harry "defying the odds"?

Maybe he knows, just knows, the odds are wrong.

Or perhaps like with most men, he is too much in love to care

Is Meghan Markle Going To Be Prince Harry’s Jewish Princess?

Nov 27, 2017 By Jenny Singer

markle-1495548217.jpgGetty Images

Jewish and black girls have been mocked for their hair, their bodies and their other-ness. But they might be about to get a heroine at Buckingham Palace.

It’s a real-life fairy tale for everyone who has been feeling like a pre-ball Cinderella in the Trump era: Prince Harry, the international playboy and longtime sex-symbol who is fifth in line for the British throne, has announced his engagement to Meghan Markle, an American actress.

Markle is known for her work in the American TV show “Suits”. Her mother is black and her father is white. And though many publications have reported that Markle’s father is Jewish, a publicist denied that she herself is a member of the tribe.

“Just to clarify…she is not Jewish,” said Chantal Artur, the publicist, in an email, without elaborating.

Markle, who told Elle that she answers the question “What are you” every single week of her life, has not spoken to the media about her religious background or that of her father.

But she has given some serious Queen Esther vibes. Here are 4 kind of, sort of Jewish things about her:

• Her real name is Rachel. While we have all met 90-100 wonderful Megans, Meagans, and Meghans at Jewish summer camp, ‘Rachel’ is straight out of Genesis and totally the kind of name your dad would give you if he was trying to subtly imbue your identity with your religious heritage. Plus, changing your name (or in this case, taking your middle name as a stage name) is a classic rite of passage for Jewish performers. Just ask Natalie Hershlag and Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz.

• Markle’s first marriage was to film producer Trevor Engelson, a Jewish man from Great Neck, New York. Their wedding involved what The Sun tersely referred to as a “traditional Jewish chair dance”.

• She has said that she is sometimes labeled “Sephardic” at auditions. Think about it—36-year old actresses and lifestyle gurus don’t throw around the word Sephardic unless they are Sephardic. She might as well change her name to “Kitniyot Markle”.

• Disney has had a frog prince, a lion king, and a royal mermaid, and all we’ve had is the Crusades followed by the Inquisition. A Jewish princess just seems fair.

If it were only the name Rachel, dayeinu. If it were just the “Jewish chair dance”, dayeinu. But the greatest evidence in this biur chametz-like hunt for crumbs of Markle’s Jewish identity is that a spokesman for Westminster Abbey confirmed on behalf of the Church of England that, if they choose, Markle and Prince Harry will be able to marry within the church in an “interfaith” marriage, regardless of Markle’s “Jewish background”.

This brings us to the next booshah-turned-equality-milestone, which is that Markle has been married and divorced. And according to the Church of England, if that’s good enough for Henry the 8th, it should be good enough for his fellow ginger ladykiller (so to speak,) Prince Harry.

So, when Markle and Harry marry, Markle will be the first black, Jewish, divorcee, American princess in English history. It’s worth noting that Markle is also three years older than the Prince, making their marriage a triumph for several pie slices in the chart of disadvantaged identity groups.

==

Read more: https://forward.com/schmooze/372756/is-meghan-markle-going-to-be-prince-harrys-jewish-princess/

I do Hope I am wrong, and others are wrong, in worrying about such things

Meghan Markle 'Won't Be Allowed to Be Black Princess' by Royal Family, Experts Say
92ab3d90-bae2-11e6-9da6-3b7a932389dd_NEW
Lauren Gill
Newsweek November 28, 2017
Meghan Markle net worth to explode

"Britain’s relationship with race will change forever," screamed the headline above a Guardian column after news of Prince Harry's engagement to Meghan Markle broke on Monday, but the excitement might be premature — Markle will likely be instructed by royal advisers to hide that she is biracial and probably won't end up doing much to improve the rocky race relations in the United Kingdom, according to two noted British scholars.

“She won’t be allowed to be a black princess. The only way she can be accepted is to pass for white,” Kehinde Andrews, an associate professor of sociology at Birmingham City University who launched the first black studies degree in Europe, told Newsweek. “If there are people who are celebrating, it’s a bit naive, and they’ll be very disappointed.”

Markle, whose mother is black and whose father is white, is being touted by some as a beacon of progress for the United Kingdom and its royal family, which has an exclusively white lineage with the exception of Princess Sophie Charlotte, who married King George III in 1761 and was rumored to have African ancestry.

The family's bloodline reflects that of the the United Kingdom, where 87.1 percent of the population is white and just 3 percent is black.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle engagement photo

Prince Harry and his fiancée, American actress Meghan Markle, pose for a photograph in the Sunken Garden at London's Kensington Palace on November 27. DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS/AFP/Getty

Andrews doesn't believe that having the biracial Markle inside the royal family will be enough to change centuries of racist British thinking.

“The family is really strongly a symbol of British Empire whiteness,” he said. “Having a splash of coffee in the monarchy doesn’t make any bit of a difference. It doesn’t change what the monarchy is, it doesn’t change what is represents.”

Don't miss: Royal Family Could Add Two New Dogs When Meghan Markle Moves In

On Monday, the white neighbor of one of Andrews’s friends was in “almost mourning” because the royal family should “reflect the natives of the country," the neighbor said.

"After all, you wouldn’t have a white person in the Indian royal family,” she added, according to Andrews.

And before the engagement, the Daily Mail had been obsessed with Markle's race, publishing an article headlined, “Harry’s Girl Is (Almost) Straight Outta Compton,” and another story featuring genealogists to discuss how Markle's background differs from that of the royals.

But others celebrated the news.

"As a biracial gal this makes me happy," tweeted New Zealander Kimberly Allen, speaking for many. "Proof that people aren't racists is always comforting to me."

More "proof" will likely be needed. Markle's future grandfather-in-law Prince Philip, after all, is a noted racist who once asked a Kenyan woman, “You are a woman, aren’t you?”

It’s that type of response that may encourage Markle's teachers, who educate outsiders about how to be royal, to warn her about flaunting her black heritage.

“I suspect she will be strongly advised by Royal advisers to avoid discussing her ethnicity,” Ellis Cashmore, a British sociologist and cultural critic, told Newsweek.

Complicating the country’s understanding of her identity, British people don’t differentiate between being black and biracial, and Markle is referred to by residents as "black."

Markle has spoken about her race, penning a piece a piece for Elle in 2015 about being biracial in which she talks about how her father once told her to draw her own box when ticking off her ethnicity on forms.

On Monday, the future princess called the media's focus on her race "disheartening," prompting Cashmore to speculate that Markle would likely talk about her ethnicity again.

==

> https://www.yahoo.com/news/meghan-markle-apos-won-apos-210454059.html

AN SJW JOINING THE FIRM?

/ If Diana's "independent attitude" was a problem, will Meghan's "strongly independent attitude" be a bigger challenge? /

Markle, who was born and raised in Los Angeles, California, will now have a future in the British royal family as Harry’s wife.

Here are five things to know about Prince Harry's fiancée.

1. Markle is an outspoken humanitarian and advocate for women's issues

2. Markle has walked down the aisle before

3. Markle is candid about her biracial identity

4. Markle has a Hollywood career

5. Markle is a Northwestern University graduate

==

> https://www.yahoo.com/gma/5-things-know-prince-harrys-fianc-e-meghan-112908726--abc-news-celebrities.html

May the "Happy" Body Language last !

Body language experts compare Harry and Meghan's engagement interview to William and Kate's
How did Harry and Meghan’s first interview compare to William and Kate’s?

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle spoke about their engagement in their first interview together on Monday evening.

The newly engaged royal couple appeared relaxed and happy to talk about each other in front of the world’s media.

When Prince William got engaged to Kate Middleton in 2010, it was a different story. Whether the couple felt more pressure since William is the heir to the throne, the first in their families to get engaged or are just more introverted, their interview was full of stiff movements and awkward expressions.

We asked two body language experts to see how Harry and Meghan really compare to William and Kate.

Body language experts say Meghan and Harry appear far more comfortable in front of the cameras [Photo: BBC]

“William and Harry have always been tightly bonded in terms of friendship and there is a passing visual similarity between Kate and Meghan but the body language and verbal techniques used at their engagement interviews were a world apart,” said Judi James, body language analyst and author of ‘The Body Language Bible’.

Judi believes that William and Kate “stuck firmly to royal tradition” with William taking on more of a dominant role and Kate remaining submissive, “fact-checking him in a bid to get everything right.”

==

> https://uk.style.yahoo.com/royal-engagement-harry-meghan-compare-kate-william-131922342.html

I was tempted to make all kinds of analogies with certain past events but I thought that would be in poor taste so I won't do that but I think you know what I mean.

There....I said it...without saying it.

The best of luck to them.

Stock up on popcorn....metaphorically...because as we know sugar is evil.

Hmm.

that could mean lots of things.

The firm has a checkered past, I reckon: Diana and before then

Diana-and-Meghan-Markle-1019744.jpg

In fact, I believe that Harry may see Meghan as courageous and independent... like his mother was.

That parallel could be good or bad... depending...

There do seem to be some parallels between his mother and Meghan in regard to their charitable work and she seemed to do very well in her first public engagement today.

It was just at first glance I saw ..." 36 year old divorcee "...and thought... WTF is he doing.

It's easy to forget he is 33 himself now...and if it doesn't work out it's not that big a deal anymore.

Telegraph.co.uk
After being launched on to the world stage this week with her engagement to Prince Harry, a photocall and an intimate television interview, few would begrudge Meghan Markle taking a moment to let it all sink in.

Instead, she today throws herself straight into royal duties at an event campaigners hope will do no less than change the world.

The former actress’s inaugural official engagement will see her meet those who have lost loved ones to HIV in a moment of remembrance on World Aids Day.

Charity campaigners have spoken of their faith in Ms Markle to throw a spotlight on topics others would “rather shy away from”, echoing Prince Harry’s late mother in breaking the stigma of HIV.

TELEMMGLPICT000147818153_trans_NvBQzQNjv
Meghan Markle can be the new Diana, say charities. Credit: PA

Lizzie Jordan, likely to be the first campaigner Ms Markle meets, said the Prince and his fiancée would shine a light on the subject for a new generation, 30 years after Diana, Princess of Wales, famously took her glove off to shake hands with an AIDS patient.

Ian Green, CEO of the Terrence Higgins Trust, said Diana had changed the narrative for those with HIV, adding: “I can’t emphasise enough the impact that Prince Harry and now Meghan will have.”

So long as Meghan does not "go crazy", Harry may have made a Brilliant choice.

If she does... she may be H3LL to manage

"Men can't control crazy women"

An evolutionarily-grounded response to Jordan Peterson

Comment:

photo.jpg

This was a brilliant video and I will be sharing it. Well done and thank you!
You echo my own thoughts and you articulated it well. My response to this is simple. Misuse of female power ends up destroying female power. Eventually if you manipulate long enough no man trusts what you say and men walk away.
Female power rests on a critical mass of men valuing what women say and do. This value decreases per unit of time female power is misused, until it falls below a critical level and implodes and you get the mentality in the Middle East where a woman's word is worth half that of a man's or the social system resets itself through female intrasexual competition and self policing, from dwindling numbers of eager male mates as men opt out of dating and marriage (I am already seeing the start of that from some women on Youtube calling other women out).
MGTOW is the first stage response by men to the misuse of female power and that rapidly growing male cohort is largely immune to female shaming, in fact it just swells their numbers even more if they are ridiculed. There is a biological limit to the human male pursuing mates and once a threshold of risk and cost is reached, men opt out of the social dominance hierarchy for competition for mates and interact with women less and less.
It is a form of social hibernation, until the dysfunctional social system resets itself (and the storm clears and mating prospects get better and more optimal) or we descend down a darker path where men eventually if pushed far enough use force on women out of their survival instincts and women are stripped of their rights, forced to cover up, obey their husbands and women's voices become half that of a man's under law.
Dr. Calhoun's mouse utopia experiment had similar results with the male mouse social hibernation in response to female mouse aggression, he called the males "the healthy ones".
MGTOW may very well stop us from descending down a darker path. What I have described is the standard male flight or fight response to danger at a social scale. This is hard for some women to believe but natural selection in a large, slow developing and low reproducing social pair bonding species like humans, favours men that reproduce efficiently in terms of the resources they invest and survival provision they will give to their female partner and children and does not favour men that will mate indiscriminately with no regard to the risks.
Speaking from a background in the molecular life sciences myself, we are not microbes whose evolutionary success is solely determined by how many offspring we produce. The human animal needs men to invest in reproductive opportunities to a degree that is somewhat selective. One way the male mate selection often manifests itself most noticeably in everyday life, is with men selecting differents types of women for one night stands and those that they would marry. There are plenty of women men will have sex with, but will run a mile from if these women want a relationship! Lolz.
A woman's sexual promiscuity to just share one example of many, has an impact for instance on men avoiding them for marriage. Then the women cry where all the good men went. The answer- they found these women wanting. Women may be hypergamous with their sex, men are hypergamous with their resources. Not every women gets a life long commitment from a man or a free drink at a bar. More physically attractive women get more male attention and resources than less attractive women. The other thing to note, is the male doormat does not reproduce to a level that is optimal or most effective and is outmatched by smarter and more assertive male counterparts who contribute more to the future gene pool and do so more effectively and are often regarded as more attractive by the female (as their assertiveness signals high genetic fitness and less pathogen disgust).
Moral of the story is men tend to avoid bitches. When that ceases to be possible things can get very ugly for women. That is something we must avoid. MGTOW and female self policing is the best strategy for both sexes to sort this mess out.
(Reaction):
YOU FORGOT SOMETHING IMPORTANT!, AntiG.:
The State! Women need resources from men to survive, especially when they are bearing children. In our present society, they use the State to tax men and extract resources which are then transferred to women - for healthcare, child care, and for their basic living expenses when they are not working. I think our society spends something like 7x as much on female healthcare, as on male healthcare. If the State breaks down, then that transfer of resources may end abruptly. What a shock that will be to Feminists, who will suddenly learn that they have been dependent on Men all along, but the existence of the State and it powers of coercion hid this important fact. If men are angry with women when the downsizing of the State occurs, then men may extract a high price from "crazy women" for resuming their role of providers for women. I may see this shift in my one lifetime
2/
"we are at the ‘decadency phase’ of Roman culture, and Trump is our current day Caligula."
That is completely wrong. Caligula was corrupt, and did nothing to restore Roman greatness. Trump is more like Constantine the Great, or Caesar before he was assassinated. The God Emperor has spoken plainly about many important actual challenges of our time, while our modern day Caligula, Hillary, did her best to cover-up her own crimes, while she looted and plundered.

===

Thanks for an interesting presentation.

I would add that the question in my mind is WHO could control crazy women? The answer is obviously no one.

So why would they be so upset? Oh well.

(Reaction):

I fear you are right, NO ONE can control Crazy Women - so they proliferate.

Men are rarely allowed to complain about Crazy women, while some women can do so. Men need to learn from the women who have that skill, but then deploy it in a masculine way. I suspect success will require a rare blend of logic, humor and ridicule -- maybe used alternately, so the target is confused.

=

> source: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=21615

the beginning of their “crazy journey together.”.

(Search - using: Meghan Merkel Crazy):

There's A Crazy New Conspiracy Theory About Prince Harry's ...

4 days ago - There's A Crazy New Conspiracy Theory About Prince Harry's Engagement To Meghan Markle And It's Actually Genius. By Callie Byrnes ...
3 days ago - Why Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Romance Feels So Refreshingly Modern ... It was the beginning of their “crazy journey together.”.
4 days ago - That's crazy. ... If we must have royalty, then Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, ... Meghan Markle has to hang a Lion of Judah flag from the
Who is Samantha Grant? Meghan Markle's half-sister who is writing a ...

4 days ago - SINCE Meghan Markle found love with Prince Harry, her estranged half-sister has hinted she will lift the lid on their family dramas. Here's the ...

5 days ago - Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's engagement announcement has the ... never been spotted without a fresh blowout, everyone is going crazy.

=== ===

43254bd88ef2f954091e8c08839a5aa8b25da96c

In case you were wondering, my favorite part of the Internet is definitely the crazy conspiracy theories. We’ve had insane Twitter threads about Avril Lavigne being replaced by a clone, Lady Gaga murdering her mentor, and Melania Trump being replaced by a man in a wig, but this new one about the British royal family is a nice change. According to the Internet, Prince Harry’s engagement to American actress Meghan Markle might be for more than just love.

According to Twitchy editor Greg Pollowitz, Harry and Meghan’s children may be American citizens, giving them the chance to rule not only one country, but two.

( NO, THANKS! )

. . .

it is clear that this is a couple in love. They couldn’t stop smiling and have already picked up the habit of finishing each other’s sentences. They were comfortable and confident in one another’s company. If Meghan was nervous she didn’t show it. She exuded confidence, kindness, and warmth and could barely avert her gaze from Harry during the interview. When she spoke—and she spoke a lot—she did so confidently, articulately, and with genuine warmth.

Princess-Diana-and-Meghan-Markle-836025.

Asked about what Diana would think of Meghan,

Harry responded that, of course, his mother would have loved his fiancée. "Oh, they'd be thick as thieves, without question.

I think she'd be over the moon, jumping up and down, you know, so excited for me—but then, as I said,

would have probably been best friends with Meghan. "

588a06ef1200003a14ad9dfc.jpeg

Yup.

Possible best friend with Mother... but still hot enough for Harry.

Possible "Jealousy Faultline" with sister-in-law

Meghan Markle might be everyone’s favorite new royal, but you know one person who isn’t happy about that? Kate Middleton.

Meghan’s new Vanity Fair (in the April issue) spread cemented her place as the media’s favorite new royal and the heir to Princess Diana’s throne, whereas public apathy towards Kate Middleton and Prince William grows more vehement.

Most of the people featured in the issue were present at the One Young World Summit in Ottawa last October, and the group includes celebrities like Emma Watson, Justin Trudeau, and Cher.

Meghan even wrote a few words about the summit on her lifestyle site The Tig, stating, “One Young World invites young adults from all over the world who are actively working to transform the socio-political landscape by being the greater good. They are delegates who are speaking out against human rights violations, environmental crises, gender equality issues, discrimination and injustice. They are the change.”

Contrast this to Kate Middleton and Prince William, who have to be dragged out in public to give a short speech about mental health issues or the various ‘charity’ events they have to attend. Meanwhile, Meghan – in addition to wrapping up her acting career and maintaining a long-distance relationship with Prince Harry – also has the time to organize and attend as many charity and leaderships conferences and events as possible.

royals-43.jpg

It’s probably one of the things that drew her to Prince Harry, and it’s likely going to be the biggest reason that she’s a far more suitable heir to Princess Diana than Kate Middleton will ever be.

Princess Diana was beloved because she cared about the people and always put the causes and issues above all else. Kate and William have already proven that they would rather vacation or ‘rest’ than do real work like Princess Diana, a habit that Meghan Markle doesn’t seem to embody.

Eventually, after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle get married, Kate Middleton will be wondering why nobody cares about her anymore – eventually realizing that it’s not enough to be a princess, but you have to embody the traits of one too.

==

> https://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2017/meghan-markle-taking-over-for-kate-middleton-as-next-princess-diana/

No Heir?

That is what THIS might bring ...

Minister Urges Prayers for Prince George to Be Gay...

A prominent Anglican cleric and gay rights campaigner known for contentious gestures has urged believers to pray for Prince George — age 4, and third in line to the throne — to find the love “of a fine young gentleman” when he grows up so as to advance the cause of same-sex marriage in church.

Coming just days after Prince Harry — George’s uncle, and fifth in line — announced his engagement to Meghan Markle, a divorced American actress, the suggestion by the Very Rev. Kelvin Holdsworth seemed to illuminate once more the role of royal romance in Britain’s imagination and conversation, especially when it collides with tradition.

. . .

In his campaign to expand on that change, Mr. Holdsworth wrote in a blog post on Thursday that believers could “pray in the privacy of their hearts (or in public if they dare) for the Lord to bless Prince George with a love, when he grows up, of a fine young gentleman.” Prince George is the elder child of Prince William and the former Catherine Middleton, now called the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

“A royal wedding might sort things out remarkably easily, though we might have to wait 25 years for that to happen,” Mr. Holdsworth wrote. “Who knows whether that might be sooner than things might work out by other means.”

==

Sargon explains... the motivations of the new SJW royal

Meghan Markle is Magical

Published on Dec 6, 2017
A wealthy princess is going to explain to you the oppression women face.

Harry and Britain beware!

Comment

photo.jpg

The story of contemporary social justice is so perfectly encapsulated by this clip.

The progeny of a well-connected entertainment insider gets special treatment from the media and convinces a giant corporation to re-brand its propaganda, then grows up to be a princess who punches down at all the little people with oppressive skin tones and genitals! Meanwhile, poor people are getting poorer and giant corporations are getting bigger, more powerful, and more brazen with their disregard for the welfare of our planet and its inhabitants. Linda Ellerbee should be ashamed.

Prince Harry's Race-Mixing Adventure

Millennial Woes
Published on Dec 3, 2017
ROCKING MR E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkxl0...

[This video is not intended to condone violence or hate.]

/ 1 /

Camilla warns Meghan Markle off marrying Prince Harry

==

/ 2 /

The Woman Urging Meghan Markle Not to Marry Prince Harry

| Good Morning Britain

What!

And give up all that money? Where's the logic in that?