Peak Gold (PIK.v) : will it be a Big Winner?

Peak Gold:

The operations were acquired from Goldcorp and its two operating assets are Peak Mines in New South Wales, Australia and Amapari mine in Amapa State, Brazil. The company is forecasting production of 215,000 ounces of gold in 2007 with a cash cost of about $300 per ounce.

-------------------------------------------------From Vancouver Sun. A.M. June 22. n5

Charts ... update : weekly : intraday

bigyu1.gif

- -

The same team built Wheaton River (WRM.t) , which was merged into Goldcorp

bigsz1.gif

= = = = =

LINKS

Corporate website :

Stockhse. B'board : http://www.stockhouse.com/bullboards/forum...&table=LIST

Google search..... :

Stockhouse Comments:

1/

SUBJECT: PIK was the 3 rd most Posted By: snorkelbob

Post Time: 5/27/2007 13:34

active and up 8% on the V exchange. Maybe time for the company to show us some news. Guistra and the boys know what they have and they need us shareholders and new shareholders to take us higher. Park

2/

SUBJECT: 4 million shares Posted By: chudu

Post Time: 5/29/2007 17:36

Frank Giustra

bought 4 million shares at .73 cents on may 23

3/

SUBJECT: Analyst Coverage Posted By: RetiringYoung

Post Time: 7/4/2007 15:19

Only one listed on their website is Jim Taylor at Canaccord offices in the UK. Has anyone seen their coverage/target??? What, beyond an acquisition will get things started around here - looking for a bottom but where is it???

Retiring young

4/

SUBJECT: Accumulation ? Posted By: nikita21

Post Time: 7/9/2007 15:24

I sure think this one is being accumulated. Apparently, the promo will start in a few weeks. The Q2 finished at the end of June. Probable release date would be late August. This is an eye-closed deal...open your eyes near the end of this year and be amazed by what you will see. I know, a bit of forward thinking BUT an interesting story just the same,

N21

= =

@: http://www.stockhouse.com/bullboards/forum...p;all=0&t=0

• 2 weeks later...

PIK:: $0.75 / Change: +0.02 / Percent Change +2.74%

Moving nicely. Hope some of you got aboard this train

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is looking very cheap below .50c . Are you still buying?

I bought some yesterday, paid the price for procastinating since last week!

I like the management team here, it looks incredibly strong and highly experienced, even Pierre Lasonde has come onboard.

The projects look OK but I have the feeling they will be defining a larger resource before too long in Brazil, so now is the time to buy IMO.

If they achieve anywhere near their target of 500K ozs next year this looks quite undervalued IMO.

Back above 60 cents, and threatening to launch an important new upswing

I heard a rumour of a 1 for 3 deal going on.

I agree, they really need to clean up their share structure.

What happens to the 217.5M warrants in a reverse split? I guess the warrants would be consolidated also, wouldn't they?

• 3 weeks later...

Jay Taylor - US Newsletter writer has just added this stock to his list of 'picks'

We would like to call your attention to the decline in the share price of Peak Gold from a high of $1.10 in April

to $0.66 now. Several problems contributed to this decline: The company missed production from both mines in

the second quarter; there was a short-term shutdown in Australia; and record rainfall in Brazil affected

production from that leaching operation. Add to that the horrible August markets, and this stock has been

pummeled to a level that I think provides us with a good chance to earn a double over the next year...

• 2 weeks later...
Jay Taylor - US Newsletter writer has just added this stock to his list of 'picks'

We would like to call your attention to the decline in the share price of Peak Gold from a high of $1.10 in April

to $0.66 now. Several problems contributed to this decline: The company missed production from both mines in

the second quarter; there was a short-term shutdown in Australia; and record rainfall in Brazil affected

production from that leaching operation. Add to that the horrible August markets, and this stock has been

pummeled to a level that I think provides us with a good chance to earn a double over the next year...

Peak Gold Announces Amapari Resource and Exploration Update

October 19, 2007

Vancouver, British Columbia, October 19, 2007 – Peak Gold Ltd. (PIK:TSX-V) (“Peak Gold”) is pleased to announce a resource and exploration update for its Mineração Pedra Branca do Amapari gold mine (the “Amapari Mine”) in Brazil.

Mineral Resource Update

Peak Gold is pleased to announce an updated mineral resource estimate for the Amapari Mine as of September 30, 2007. The updated estimate was completed in connection with the preparation of a National Instrument 43-101 (“NI 43-101”) compliant technical report for the Amapari Mine, expected to be filed with the Canadian securities regulatory authorities and be available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com shortly.

The Measured and Indicated Mineral Resources estimated as of September 30, 2007 were 1.047 million contained ounces of gold compared to 1.156 million contained ounces of gold estimated as of December 31, 2006. In addition, Inferred Mineral Resources have increased to 1.351 million contained ounces of gold estimated as of September 30, 2007 compared to 0.152 million contained ounces of gold estimated as of December 31, 2006. The increase of approximately 1.2 million contained ounces of gold in the Inferred Mineral Resource category is largely attributable to the Urucum and Tapereba AB deposits. The following table sets forth the estimated mineral resources for the Amapari Mine as of September 30, 2007:

Measured, Indicated and Inferred Mineral Resources as of September 30, 2007 (1)(2)(3)(4)

Mineral Deposit

Resource Category

Tonnes

Grade Au g/t

Contained Gold Ounces

Tapereba AB

Measured & Indicated

Inferred

Tapereba C

Measured & Indicated

Inferred

Tapereba D

Measured & Indicated

Inferred

Urucum

Measured & Indicated

Inferred

Stockpile

Measured & Indicated

Total

Measured & Indicated

Inferred

(1) The mineral resources are classified as measured, indicated and inferred, and are based on the current (2004) version of the Australasian Code for Reporting of Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves (the “JORC Code”). The JORC Code has been accepted for current disclosure rules in Canada under NI 43-101.

(2) Based on a gold price of US$600 per ounce.

(3) Based on a cut-off grade of 0.5 grams per tonne for the open pit and 2.1 grams per tonne for the underground.

(4) Mineral resources are not known with the same degree of certainty as mineral reserves and do not have demonstrated economic viability.

The Resource statement includes all drilling results in the immediate mining areas up to March 31, 2007. Resource depletion from production at the Amapari Mine from January 1, 2007 to September 30, 2007 was 1.915 million tonnes at 2.00 grams of gold per tonne for a total of 123,997 ounces of gold.

The geological model was prepared under the supervision of Mr. Jones, MAIG at Amapari Mine. The updated mineral resource estimate was prepared under the supervision of Mr. Henry, CP AusIMM from AMEC International (Chile) S.A., who is an independent qualified person as defined by NI 43-101. Mr. Henry has reviewed and approved the contents of the above resource statement.

Exploration Update

Peak Gold has been focusing its exploration efforts at the Amapari Mine around existing open pits and the Vila do Meio deposit near the mine. A total of 2,700 metres of diamond drilling was completed in 18 holes in the Vila do Meio deposit to infill and extend the high grade zone that was discovered in 2006. Infill holes have been drilled at approximately 20 metre spacing along 100 metres of strike length. The Vila do Meio deposit represents a good open pit opportunity for the mine. The information below highlights some of the significant results of the new drill holes and major target areas (all true width):

Hole ID

Grams per tonne of gold

Width

(metres)

Depth

(metres)

FDVM-061

FDVM-008

FDVM-010

FDVM-013

FDVM-014

FDVM-017

Peak Gold is continuing efforts in its cost reduction program at the Amapari Mine which is expected to improve the overall financial performance of the mine. “There is tremendous growth opportunity at Amapari and management is confident that we will deliver on key strategies to reduce cash cost, extend the mine life, and create greater shareholder value,” said President and Chief Executive Officer of Peak Gold, Julio Carvalho.

Peak Gold is a new intermediate gold producer with a strong foundation for growth. With a solid approach to acquisition and a commitment to value, Peak Gold’s goal is to significantly increase production by 2008. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.peakgold.com.

The TSX Venture Exchange does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

For further information, please contact:

Mélanie Hennessey

Vice President, Investor Relations

Peak Gold Ltd.

3110-666 Burrard Street

Vancouver, British Columbia, V6C 2X8

Telephone: (604) 696-4100

... website: www.peakgold.com

Vanguard Shareholder Solutions

"The increase of approximately 1.2 million contained ounces of gold in the Inferred Mineral Resource "

a nice rise

= =

the stock up a tad also:'

.71 Change:

+0.01/ Percent Change: +1.43%

• 2 weeks later...

2007-10-30 15:43 ET - News Release

Ms. Melanie Hennessey reports

PEAK GOLD ANNOUNCES FULLY MARKETED PRIVATE PLACEMENT OF SPECIAL WARRANTS

Peak Gold Ltd. has entered into an engagement letter with a syndicate of underwriters co-led by GMP Securities LP, Canaccord Capital Corp. and CIBC World Markets Inc. and including Genuity Capital Markets Inc., Orion Securities Inc., Brant Securities Ltd., Paradigm Capital Inc. and PI Financial Corp. to sell special warrants of Peak Gold at a price of 75 cents per special warrant to raise gross proceeds of approximately $225-million or such other amount to be mutually agreed upon between Peak Gold and the underwriters. Each special warrant will entitle the holder thereof to receive one unit of Peak Gold on the exercise or deemed exercise of the special warrant at any time after the closing of the offering for no additional consideration. Each unit will consist of one common share of Peak Gold and one-half of one common share purchase warrant. Each warrant will entitle the holder to acquire one additional common share at a price of $1.50 until April 3, 2012. The warrants will be issued under the same warrant indenture as the Peak Gold warrants which are already listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol PIK.WT. The closing price of the warrants on Oct. 29, 2007, was 28.5 cents.

Net proceeds from the offering will be used for future acquisitions and general corporate purposes, including working capital.

The offering is being undertaken on a fully marketed basis, and completion is subject to Peak Gold and the underwriters entering into a formal underwriting agreement following the marketing of the offering.

Peak Gold will use its reasonable best efforts to file a prospectus qualifying the distribution of the common shares and warrants and to have a decision document for a final prospectus issued by the securities commissions in Canada within 90 days after the closing of the offering. If the decision document for the final prospectus is not issued within such time, Peak Gold will continue to use its reasonable best efforts to have such decision document issued as soon as possible thereafter and each special warrant outstanding at such time will, on exercise or deemed exercise, entitle the holder thereof to acquire one unit and an additional 0.1 of a common share without further payment on the part of the holder.

Closing of the offering is scheduled to occur on or about Nov. 21, 2007, and is subject to certain conditions including, but not limited to, the receipt of all necessary approvals, including the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange and any other applicable securities regulatory authorities.

Price is still 0.66

Still worth stepping into?

Q3 results out Nov 14th

I put my hand put for placement shares. The warrants make the pp worthwhile

Archived