frizzers

The Best Of YouTube

A new reporter for our times? "adb024 Aaron".

Very interesting videos from the front line in and around Eugene, Or.

Homes uncompleted literally rotting. Nice twist at the end; rotting homes owned by "West Coast Bank" - jees, sell your shares!

For sale signs everywhere... empty unfinished 'high end' homes

Old lumber town dying... Gas station takings down from $8,000 to $3,000. Schools on 4-day week. Lots of empty Commercial Property. "People cannot afford to travel".

double post

Since we have split the threads - the other you tube thread seems to be re Business items and this = music

Is it sensible to re-name this thread entertainment ?

And this is not music but is great entertainment

Or is it just that the other thread has got loaded with business items temporarily ?

it may get deleted so search for got to dance akai - great talent !

You couldn't make this up and they say no publicity is bad publicity... HAHAHAHA

Labour's ill-starred election campaign took another hit today when Gordon Brown's launch of a poster designed to set the agenda for the final week was interrupted by a car crash.

Witnesses at the poster launch in Hockley, Birmingham, said that, after a long squealing of tyres, A green Volkswagen Golf smashed into a bus shelter on a traffic island only yards from the car park where the Prime Minister and nine Cabinet ministers were lined up.

The driver of the car, an unemployed Labour supporter, was apparently trying to avoid a dustcart, one of whose occupants was shouting abuse at the ministers, as it negotiated a nearby roundabout.

Yards away, Lord Mandelson, Labour's campaign supremo, was in full flight, praising Mr Brown for his "fighting performance" in last night's final TV debate.

Mr Brown was next to speak — although by that point all the reporters at the event had rushed over to the scene of the crash, where the car's airbags were deployed. The emergency services were quick to arrive. Even some of the Prime Minister's Special Branch officers rushed to the scene.

Omed Rashid, 27, the car driver, said the rubbish truck clipped his Golf, sending it out of control. "Luckily there was no-one at the bus stop," he said.

One of the refuse collectors, a 40-year-old man who identified himself only as Dell, denied causing the crash and was totally unapologetic. "Half our jobs are gone left, right and centre in this city," he said.

Journalists and camera crews returned to pepper the ministers with the inevitable question: was the crash a metaphor for Labour's campaign? "I don't agree," Lord Mandelson replied.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle7112732.ece

how poetic... right at the point where he says "creating tax .. fairness" :D:D:D .... screech BANG.

As an avid reader of GEI, if not poster, I'd like to contribute a couple of admittedly arty Californian vids. But don't worry! Our favourite themes of foreclosure, liar loans, peak oil and general economic depression are all present and correct. While both films are on message in terms of Dr B's dislike of an unsustainable suburban lifestyle, it's also interesting to see members of the public acknowledge these changed times.

Alternative look at foreclosures in Fresco, California.

http://vimeo.com/9696629

Changing times in the automobile world. Alameda, CA (just over the Bay Bridge from SF)

http://vimeo.com/9696400

Both vids are on Vimeo rather than Youtube.

How do I add the embed video?

From the "music thread".......

In real layman's terms .................... *clears throat* .....................

type an open bracket like '[' followed by 'youtube' then by ']'

then from the youtube address you copy the digits after the '=' say for example in the address

you would copy the '0Au_8GMUxVs'

following directly after your first youtube in brackets

again after your copied type in '[/' followed by 'youtube' then closing with an ']'

So it appears like this .....................

It may sound like I've over complicated but you can it seems only explain it in this way because otherwise losts of gobbledegook comes up. Once you've managed it once or twice it really does get quite addictive and you end up ruining threads with loads of youtube posts.

Oh.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed he only had 80% of his wealth in gold...

Blimey.............. thats quite a prediction.

This is very good idea and I am totally agree with that. Like another sites you should submit the new video in th you tube so other people can see the new thing, not from oldies. So basically up-gradation is needed.

Not sure whether I enjoyed the dialogue or the animation the best. However, i did find myself nodding like a Churchill dog throughout!

Good one that...

Very nice presentation.

I liked the cartoons to illustrate the points.

And the CONCEPT of self-motivated work, on a common purpose is Inspiring !

In fact, it gives me an idea...

I will expand this into a new thread.

/see: xxx

Heres another thought provoker from RSA..........the Empathic Civilisation

The part about the MRI scans on the macaque monkey and the concept of mirror neurons is interesting. Does this explain the reasoning behind the "herd mentality" we hear so much about?

Smile or Die..........one about corporateworld!

Its Bank Holiday Monday in the UK, might even get in an old classic film today.

Could the Empire be ready to strike back ? - lol

Interesting to hear Mr Ford's comment on money and working.