Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

Supreme Court: Gorsuch + Kavanaugh = Sanity restored?

44% Want Kavanaugh Confirmed; 83% Say It’s Likely

Voters strongly suspect that Judge Brett Kavanaugh will be the next member of the U.S. Supreme Court, but they are not as supportive of him as they were of President Trump’s first choice for the high court.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 83% of Likely U.S. Voters believe Kavanaugh is likely to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate to serve as a Supreme Court justice, with 47% who say it’s Very Likely. Just eight percent (8%) say his confirmation is not very or Not At All Likely. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

However, only 44% say based on what they know at this time that the Senate should confirm Kavanagh to fill the seat vacated by the retirement of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. Thirty-eight percent (38%) say he should not be confirmed, but a sizable 19% are undecided.

The Left's dismally weak case against Brett Kavanaugh

Is Trump finally ready to turn his sights to remaking 9th Circuit Court?

There's been a noticeable exception to President Donald Trump's otherwise successful effort to appoint young, conservative judges to the nation's appellate courts.

The Senate has confirmed a record 24 new circuit court judges nationwide in 20 months — with two more nominees scheduled for votes this week. But Trump has made far less progress in the jurisdiction he criticizes the most: the liberal-leaning U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, including California and eight other Western states.

Since Trump took office, the Senate has confirmed only one 9th Circuit judge — in Hawaii — leaving seven openings. A nominee in Oregon was abruptly withdrawn last month when it became clear he lacked the votes for Senate approval.

And Trump has yet to even nominate anyone for the three vacancies in California, partly because of a standoff with Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris.

But there are signs that the administration is beginning to set its sights on the 9th Circuit, likely triggering a bruising fight with Democrats.

. . . the recent fight over Ryan W. Bounds' nomination in Oregon showed that Trump and the Republican-led Senate are ready to adopt a tougher stance, including scrapping a long-standing Senate tradition to push through Trump's choices if necessary.

Oregon's two Democratic senators, Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley, opposed Bounds and refused to issue their "blue slips," a century-old courtesy in which senators are asked to sign off on nominees from their state.

In the past, rejection by both home state senators was enough to effectively kill a nomination. But for the first time, Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley of Iowa brushed off the home senators' views and moved forward anyway.

DISRUPTIVE DEMS... like spoiled children

Out-of-order, aggressive, ... sometimes criminal, often violent

/ Give these creatures a spanking at the polls /

Chaos: Kavanaugh Hearings Kick off with Belligerent, Shrieking Democratic Hecklers, Calls to Adjourn
Grassley: ‘We will continue as planned’

Kavanaugh Hearing Turns Into a Riot

Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings began on a chaotic note, with Democratic protesters repeatedly interrupting the proceedings with belligerent, shrieking heckling. 

As the chairman of the Senate Judiciary committee, Sen. Grassley (R-Iowa), attempted to call the hearings to order, protesters almost immediately began heckling the lawmakers. 

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) promptly interrupted Grassley, demanding a delay to the hearings. Sen. Klobuchar (D-Minn.) then followed up with another call to delay the hearings. The Democratic lawmakers were upset over documents the White House released last night, which they said came too late. 

"We cannot possibly move forward," Sen. Kamala Harris said. Sen. Blumenthal then moved to adjourn the meeting, a call which received a roaring ovation from the hecklers. .
Below is a transcript:

GRASSLEY: “Good morning. I welcome everyone to this confirmation hearing on the nomination of —“
HARRIS: “Mr. Chairman.”
GRASSLEY: “— Brett Kavanaugh --”
HARRIS: “Mr. Chairman.”
GRASSLEY: “— to serve as associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.”
HARRIS: “Mr. Chairman, I’d like to be recognized for a question before we proceed. Mr. Chairman, I’d like to be recognized to ask a question before we proceed. The committee received just last night less than 15 hours ago —“
HARRIS: “Mr. Chairman, regular order.”
HARRIS: “— 42.000 pages of documents that we have not had an opportunity to review or read or analyze."
GRASSLEY: “You are out of order. I will proceed.”
HARRIS: “We cannot possibly move forward, Mr. Chairman. We have not been given the opportunity to have a meaningful hearing with Congress nominee--"[cross-talk]  
GRASSLEY: “I extend a very warm welcome to Judge Kavanaugh, to his wife Ashley, their two daughters --[cross-talk] 
UNKNOWN: “Mr. Chairman, I agree with my colleague, senator Harris. Mr. Chairman, we received 42.000 documents tat we haven't been able to review  —"
GRASSLEY: “— And everyone else joining us today."
UNKNOWN: " and we believe this hearing should be postponed —"
GRASSLEY: “I know this is an exciting day for all of you here and your you’re rightly proud —"
UNKNOWN: "Mr. Chairman, if we cannot be recognized I move to adjourn. Mr. Chairman, I move to adjourn."
GRASSLEY: “— From Judge Kavanaugh —"
UNKNOWN: "Mr. Chairman, I move to adjourn. Mr. Chairman, we have been denied real access to the documents we need to advise —" (Audience cheering) 
BLUMENTHAL: "Mr. Chairman, we have been denied the real access to the documents we need ---[cross-talk] which turns this hearing into a charade and a mockery of our norms and, Mr. Chairman, I therefore move to adjourn this hearing."
AUDIENCE: "This is a mockery. This is a travesty of justice. Cancel Brett Kavanaugh, adjourn the hearing. [ indecipherable]."
BLUMENTHAL: "Mr. Chairman, I ask for a roll call vote on my motion to adjourn."
AUDIENCE MEMBER: "'[indecipherable]'" 
GRASSLEY: “Okay."
BLUMENTHAL: "Mr. Chairman, I move to adjourn. I ask for a roll call vote."
GRASSLEY: “We are not in executive session. We will continue as planned."

> Chaos : https://news.grabien.com/story-kavanaugh-hearings-kick-belligerent-shrieking-hecklers

Spoiled Brats planned it... in phone call with Cheezy Chuck Schumer

Sen. Tillis Reads Report Debunking Dems’ Docs Argument: Plans to Disrupt Were Already in Place
‘Are you suggesting that this allegation is false?’

TILLIS: “Mr. Chairman, I’m confused, because I heard earlier that this was a reaction to the document releases last night. But I’m reviewing a tweet from NBC that said 'Democrats plotted coordinated protest strategy over the holiday weekend, all agreed to disrupt and protest the hearing, sources tell me.' And subsequent, 'Dem leader Chuck Schumer led a phone call and committee members are executing now.' So I just want to be clear. None of the members on this committee participated in that phone call or that strategy before the documents were released yesterday? Is this — are you suggesting that this allegation is false?”

> https://news.grabien.com/story-sen-tillis-reads-report-debunking-dems-docs-argument-plans-d

All the left is doing, is stalling.

Before Kavanaugh was even nominated, they said they were going to vote against Trump's nomination.

Sekulow Reacts to Brett Kavanaugh's Confirmation Hearing

"The President has nominated a well-qualified nominee"

"we knew about the planned protests... including the plan that protesters would get arrested on each day"

Chaos. 70 Arrests, 60 interruptions

Leftist Madness! Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court Confirmation Hearing Chaos!

"Leftists do not want to see an end to the State subsidy... for the consequences of irresponsible sex"

They hate our society... while squandering our freedoms.

A Good Day? (despite the chaotic disruptions by Dem protestors)

KAVANAUGH IN THE RINGER: DAY TWO

More Democrat demagoguery and disruptive hecklers.

brettk.jpg?itok=aBDks27B

Judge Kavanaugh responded to questions from members of the Senate Judiciary Committee on Day 2 of his Supreme Court confirmation hearing. The main fireworks that erupted during this day came from repeated outbursts by shrieking protesters who were promptly removed by the capitol police. The hearing itself proceeded far more smoothly than on Day 1.

Overall, Judge Kavanaugh displayed, during hours of grueling questioning, a calm judicial demeanor, open-mindedness, keen intellect and an astounding knowledge of Supreme Court case law. Judge Kavanaugh explained how he viewed Supreme Court precedents as well as his textualist approach to interpreting the Constitution and statutes. “Judges are not policy makers but law-appliers*,” Judge Kavanaugh said in response to a question by Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah), with whom Judge Kavanaugh engaged in a scholarly discussion about the meaning of textualism and originalism in connection with constitutional and legislative interpretation. The judge also provided a civics lesson on the bedrock constitutional principles of separation of powers and federalism, and the Bill of Rights protections of free speech and the free exercise of religion. It is a civic lesson that the Left rejects as a matter of principle.

At the same time, Judge Kavanaugh showed his human side in describing his work with and empathy for the disadvantaged and in emphasizing that he takes the real-world impact of his decisions into account. “I don’t live in a bubble. I live in the real world,” he said...

. . . Several Democrat senators raised their banner issues of guns and abortion. For example, California Senator Dianne Feinstein, the Democrat ranking member of the committee, quizzed Judge Kavanaugh on his dissenting opinion that a ban on semi-automatic weapons is unconstitutional. Judge Kavanaugh said he was simply following precedent from the Supreme Court. He noted that such weapons are widely used in the United States. Senator Feinstein then proceeded to discuss the abortion issue, asking what Judge Kavanaugh meant when he said that Roe v. Wade is “settled law.” He talked about the importance of precedents in general and the importance that people attach specifically to the abortion issue “in the real world.” He stated that the Roe decision has "been reaffirmed many times over the past 45 years," including in the Planned Parenthood v. Casey decision, which he called a “precedent on precedent.” When asked by several senators about his dissent in a case regarding an unaccompanied immigrant minor in a detention facility who wanted an immediate abortion, Judge Kavanaugh patiently explained his rationale. He analyzed the case based on analogous Supreme Court precedent involving parental consent that allows for some delay to obtain such consent before the abortion is performed. Judge Kavanaugh believed that a delay was appropriate in this case so that the minor could first obtain a sponsor to consult with before having the abortion. 

Despite attempts by various Democrat senators to get Judge Kavanaugh to state whether he would overrule Roe v. Wade itself, the judge demurred. 

Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vermont) spent most of his time during his first round of questioning pressing Judge Kavanaugh on whether he was aware of receiving electronic materials from a Republican staffer, Manuel Miranda, who allegedly hacked into Democrat senators' records and stole confirmation hearing materials. Senator Leahy referred specifically to information about questions Senator Leahy had planned to ask in those hearings. He said that "I'm concerned because there is evidence that Mr. Miranda provided you with materials that were stolen from me.” Senator Leahy provided no proof for his claim...

> more: https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/271255/kavanaugh-ringer-day-two-joseph-klein

*Tell that to Worse-Badder Ginz-bug

Ted Cruz Gives Great Summary of Kavanaugh Hearing

Hillary and the Dems want justices "who re-write the Law from the bench"

Judge Kavanaugh has turned over "MORE DOCUMENTS than the last five justices combined"

More Than 200 Soros-Paid Goons Arrested for Disrupting Judge Kavanaugh Hearings

More than 200 protesters have been arrested by U.S. Capitol Police in the first three days of the Senate's confirmation hearings for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

A total of 69 people were taken into custody Thursday, USCP spokeswoman Eva Malecki said in a statement issued late Thursday.

On Wednesday, 73 protesters were taken into custody on similar charges. Police arrested 61 people on Tuesday.

Dumb-dumb, is what Sen. Harris shows herself to be here

Kavanaugh Issues An EPIC Response When Kamala Harris Disrespects His Pocket Constitution(VIDEO)!!!

One-hump Harris wants to know his "opinion" on legal cases, and he refuses to give  it.

The LAW & the Constitution matters more to an honorable man like Kavanaugh than mere opinions

"Spartacus" Booker makes a Fool of himself (yet again)

Brett Kavanaugh Tells Corey Booker "A Sitting President Can't Be Indicted"

GOP Looks Like The Adult After Kavanaugh Hearings! Dick Morris TV

Turn up the Volume... SOON!

Once Kavanaugh is approved, the decrepid state of Worse Badder Gunsbad MUST be Addressed

She's very old, and fading fast

Anyone catch the Hannity clip of Ruth Bader Ginsburg? SHOCKING physical condition and needs to retire!

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Should Retire After the Midterms

HUGE! Judge Kavanaugh Says He Was NOT EVEN AT THE PARTY in Question!

The Senate met for the first time Monday afternoon since Christine Blasey Ford, a California professor and far left activist publicly came forward with allegations of sexual assault against Brett Kavanaugh.

All the facts aren’t even in but Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) is calling for a delay in the Kavanaugh confirmation process.

Christine Blasey Ford is a far-left activist who alleged Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her over 35 years ago while she was at a high school party in Maryland.

Now this…

Judge Kavanaugh told Senator Hatch that he was not even at the party in question!

NOT in that business - Respecting who? what?

Kavanaugh Accuser, Twice Denied by FBI, Gets Ultimatum

As it stands now, Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford has refused to testify in front of Congress to publicly declare her allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh are true.  Ford is demanding that the FBI investigate the incident first, in order to have all relevant information available.

The only problem is that the FBI has denied her request on multiple occasions over the last 24 hours, as the Federal Bureau of Investigation has never been in the business of spending American taxpayer money to look into the sexual behavior of high school kids in the early 1980’s.

Ford nor her lawyers seem willing to recognize this fact, and are refusing to help the nation get to the bottom of this mess at all.

Given the audacity of the tactics, Senator Chuck Grassley has had no choice but to set a timeline for discussion.

===

Grassley: "She shouldn't be insulted"

People have said, "A women's claims must be Respected.".

Er, NO!  Not in this case.  What an arrogant & unrealistic bitch this foolish woman is!

You cannot be a politically biased person, and then turn up after over 30 years with such a vapid and unsubstantiated claim,

and command the FBI to investigate it.  D@mn this woman to 1,000 slurs, and a life of endless ridicule for trying to take down

a decent man whose politics she despises.  We must end this MeToo over-reach.

Bitches Brew?

Seems like we need a big pot to fill with Oil and burn some Lying Leftwing witches

Kavanaugh Accuser's Classmate Makes New Claim, Then Backtracks, Deletes Everything
So many liars.
———————

Cristina King Miranda, who claims to have gone to school with Kavanaugh's accuser, claimed that people in the school talked about the incident after it allegedly happened.

She then deleted her posts, said she didn't have evidence, & then deleted her Facebook & Twitter accounts.

[link to twitter.com (secure)]

A woman who claims to have been classmates in high school with Brett Kavanaugh's accuser wrote in a Facebook post on Tuesday that the "incident did happen" and it was talked about at the school for several days after it allegedly happened.

The story quickly went viral after NBC News published a report on the claim from Cristina King Miranda — who lives in Mexico — titled: "Accuser's schoolmate says she recalls hearing of alleged Kavanaugh incident."

In a now-deleted Facebook post, King had originally claimed:

> https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3906471/pg1