Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

CITY GATE, KROMA Tower, & AFT (photos)

On 6/24/2017 at 9:58 AM, DrBubb said:

KROMA 56 sqm 1 bedroom FOR SALE : "Very high floor, facing Salcedo Village"

Price is "a bargain" at P 8 Million + Agent's commission

That's just P8000k / 56 = about P 143k per Sqm.

That's much cheaper than recent Kroma sales (P155k psm or higher)

And cheaper than other new properties in this fast improving Citygate area, especially for High Floor

If interested, please send me a PM*, and I will provide contact details

*/ How to send message: JOIN MakPrime, GEI here, post #2 ("Admiral Byrd") /

This one may not last long

hi im interested, kindly send the complete details to production_insight@yahoo.com thanks

Citygate shows its TRUE colors - a sort of grey blue

34734733903_47f405cdc8_h.jpg

Some think it will be similar to the color at The Rise - is that an accident?

When finished, the skin-clad building will look something like this - based on a single panel

CG-CladdingColor_zpsnv1t7i2i.jpg

It seems to be darker and more bluish than the original rendering.

Perhaps that is because the original photo was in the shade

Looking towards City Gate & RCBC - photo from the Top floor (31 stories) of Greenbelt Hamilton

GbHamilton-TopFlb_zpse0iafoyc.jpg

Starting from the right, you see

+ A wall at the top of GB Hamilton : 31 fl. : 107m : 2016
+ The top of Grand Midori : 38 fl. : 145m : 2012-14
+ The top of Kroma Tower : 52 fl. : 157m : 2017
+ RCBC Plaza Yuchengo Tower : 46 fl. : 192m : 2001

+ Man Tower, roof & elevator tower : 29 fl. : 100m+ 2013
+ Citygate2, under-construction : 19 fl?> 30 fl. : 153m : 2018 (BLOCKED)
+ Citygate1, under-construction : 19 fl?> 40 fl. : 114m : 2018 (BLOCKED almost)
+ Air Residences, under-construction : 34 fl? > 51 fl. : 195m : 2019-20
+ The Rise, under-construction : 32 fl? > 59 fl. : 210m : 2019-20
+ Greenbelt Madison : 31 fl. : 105m :
==================

From the opposite direction - from in front of Kroma - you can barely see GB Hamilton:

KF8BTdx.jpg

Looking down Legazpi St., with buildings labelled

Dealing with an unexpected shock....

On 3/22/2016 at 7:37 PM, DrBubb said:

: MAKATI PRIME.Com :

SADLY, my image hosting service has changed its terms of service - I am investigating alternatives,

while I work to restore images. Please be patient

(From a private message):

Re: The sudden LOSS OF IMAGES on this website

Hi XXX,

. . . I have had some contact with owners of about 6-7 Kroma units - and I hope more will join the KTO group here.

Unfortunately, I lost many of the images here, and it may be several days before I can recover them.

I may not recover all, but the Kroma / Citygate thread is one where I expect to restore (all? of the) images.

I may not become a paying member on Photobucket, because the very sudden way they changed their Terms of service,

and effectively blackmailed people to pay them, This destroys my trust in them. Also, I have always found the PB site clunky to use.

Perhaps I will join for one month, to get as many images as possible, and them leave for good. Meantime, I am seeking

a better alternative. (see: IMAGE Thread )

Anyway, I do hope the KTO thread*...

... will be used by many to exchange some ideas about how to improve the Life of those who live at Kroma, or invest their

*Link/ KTO group : http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=21202

Testing of another image hosting service with a photo of Air Residences & The Rise taken yesterday July 1st.

You can upload your photos here :

http://imgur.com/upload

No need to create an account, but once uploaded the trick is not to use the button "Copy" to get the link but to do a right click on the uploaded photo then "Copy image address" which will give you the full address with .jpg at the end.

HwCNIt0.jpg

Amorsolo Flats Project : Coming as Ayala moves into Dormitory space market

============
Today's Manila Times announced some details on this long-rumored project
+ 15 storey residential building at the corner of Amorsolo & Dela Rosa St (near City Gate)
+ Caters to working professionals, and especially those in the BPO sector (has 500,000 workers in neighboring area)
+ Meant to be 'affordable and best in class", with internet connections, security card access,
+ Size: 22 sqm with built-in beds, workstations and "ample storage"
+ Ground floor to have convenience store, water-refilling station, and laundry

July 13th Update - on Kroma and Legazpi Street

UKC3BZe.jpg

City Gate is now at the 21st floor, seen here from the corner of Dela Rosa and Legazpi Street

Z9FqGU8.jpg

Kroma Tower has acquired a green veil - removes the risk of paint bushes and paint cans falling & harming people, I suppose.

When the veil comes down, we will see a white building. Meantime, the building to the left is Philippines National Bank (PNB.)

8VdYUFi.jpg

A guard protects an empty building. PNB's "For Lease" renewed building is still waiting for tenants

aAmlHRB.jpg

GSIS building, an empty hulk with a wonky sign, may be torn down soon

(from 2016):

The state-run Government Services Insurance System (GSIS) plans to dispose of real estate properties in the first six months of the year to boost funds, a top official said over the weekend.

GSIS president and general manager Robert Vergara said the pension fund was reviewing the properties up for sale to determine their minimum price.

“We’re going through our properties and we’re conducting appraisals, we need to do that to set a minimum price, to the extent that we have time to do something, then the idea is to try to get one auction going this year in the first half of the year,” Vergara said.

GSIS last year had planned to dispose three properties that could have fetched P32 billion, or about 6 percent of the pension fund’s real estate portfolio.

The properties include the 18,500 square-meter property of Metro Manila Development Authority in Barangay Ugong, Pasig City and the 2,429 square-meter, old GSIS building in Legaspi Village in Makati City.

==

> http://thestandard.com.ph/business/198829/gsis-set-to-auction-property-holdings.html

mdZJV4T.jpg

GSIS Building from another angle. Reports are, that it was acquired by SMDC.

The corrigate steel barrier has been added in the last year.

Will next door neighbor peach-colored building, Windsor Tower (built 198-?) be the next acquisition target?

July 13th Update - on Kroma and Legazpi Street

GSIS building, an empty hulk with a wonky sign, may be torn down soon

(from 2016):

...the 2,429 square-meter, old GSIS building in Legaspi Village in Makati City.

==

> http://thestandard.com.ph/business/198829/gsis-set-to-auction-property-holdings.html

mdZJV4T.jpg

GSIS Building from another angle. Reports are, that it was acquired by SMDC.

The corrigated steel barrier has been added in the last year.

Will next door neighbor peach-colored building, Windsor Tower (built 198-?) be the next acquisition target?

Will this block the view of kroma tower? sorry i don't know where the gsis and windsor building is, thank you

Will this block the view of kroma tower? sorry i don't know where the gsis and windsor building is, thank you

- Cashflow

Nothing has been announced yet - and development could be years away

I could not find an actual record that SMDC had acquired the GSIS Building, but I recall having been told that by a guard or something

- Check google and the other posts here (like #53), and you ought to be able to see where these buildings are.

- Or click on this Emporis Kroma Tower link below - and browse around on the map there.

Kroma Map : https://www.emporis.com/buildings/1198194/kroma-tower-makati-philippines

At the moment since these old buildings are 10 floors or less, most floors in Kroma will see over the existing GSIS and Windsor buildings.. But if something is built at GSIS, and sometime later at Windsor, some Kroma views might be effected - sure. This can be a risk where ever you may buy a property.

However, I think there might be some height limitations on Legasi Street. I note that GB Hamilton has only 31 storeys - 107 meters.

Spectacular views are likely from high floors at Kroma Tower.

Xf5UXXN.jpg

The above photo was taken from the 43rd floor of Milano in Century City - a similar height to the top floors of Kroma - where the penthouse floor is 52nd floor.

Here's another (from SSC)

19932634_1731095957190677_40884604236852

Not many buildings are taller than Kroma, especially on "side streets" like Legaspi St. In the above photo taken from Milano, you may note that the top floors in SMDC's Jazz complex are on the 41st storey - 156 meters. Shang Salcedo with the triangular top seems to be a tall exception - at 67 storeys - 250 meters. And Air at 51 storeys / 194 meters, and The Rise at 59 storeys / 210 meters will also be exceptions, along with Alphaland Makati Place at 55 storeys - 210 meters, across the Ayala Avenue from Air Residences.

How Shang Salcedo etc got permission to build so high, I do not know.
The top of Kroma is 157 meters, while Grand Midori (145 meters) and GB Hamilton (31 storeys - 107 meters) are the tallest on the nearby part of Legaspi Street. Meantime, Alveo Financial Tower - with 49 (high ceiling) storeys and 186 meters, seems to enjoy its height-busting location on Ayala Avenue.

I am guessing that Alveo obtained permission to build higher-than-normal, by agreeing to leave a small park next door.

That is generally how the parks are created in other countries

A good way to hedge the loss of your view, from tearing down Windsor might be to buy a cheap unit there. If it gets bought out, you would likely get a windfall gain, as usually happens when old buildings get sold to build a higher buildings. (I am only half-kidding.)

City Gate is climbing

5e8b3cc7cec4440c84730e08018da600.jpg

In this photo, I can count (at least) 19 floors now / out of : T1: 40 fl. / T2: 30 fl

Thank you for the reply Dr. Bubb, the northgate is starting to take shape, can't wait to see the finished project.

by the way, will the citygate have a supermarket in it? i heard its going to be a mall but its not clear what shops will be placed there,

it would really make the place prime if it has a supermarket because landmark and sm supermarket is quite far from kroma. thank you for sharing your infos.

- Cashflow

Nothing has been announced yet - and development could be years away

. . .

- Check google and the other posts here (like #53), and you ought to be able to see where these buildings are.

- Or click on this Emporis Kroma Tower link below - and browse around on the map there.

Kroma Map : https://www.emporis.com/buildings/1198194/kroma-tower-makati-philippines

19932634_1731095957190677_40884604236852

Not many buildings are taller than Kroma, especially on "side streets" like Legaspi St...

I heard there will be restaurants. I'm not sure about a supermarket.

If there is a mall, it might be in the new building immediately next to Kroma, which will later replace the one that is there now

Inside Lerato - the three Towers are moving towards completion

688c2431ae857948e576ac00e0d46894.jpg

Lerato - as of July 2017. That's Alphaland Makati Tower to the left, and Columns Ayala in foreground, to the right

2RpGk4r.jpg

Lerato, looking down at the Amenties.

Next door is said to be a hospital project ("Ospital No Makati") which has been halted and delayed

TbOSHqu.png

Location of Lerato shown, in relation to Alphatower, Columns, Air and The Rise

City Gate update - as at 19 July 2017A17o5xI.jpg

Looking down Ayala Avenue, at the uncompleted floors of City Gate, with AXA Tower beyond it.

BhAhMsE.jpg

xx

gTOARWr.jpg

City Gate Tower 1, is now at 21 floors and more is coming

a2e2ff08e4966e8144f586a34a9db754.jpg

City Gate - what is going on the outside of the building

As CG rises, Alveo has updated its model

e10350f9d753e19a3118b55a3268c966.jpg

The shape and size of the finished towers at City Gate is becoming evident. CG Tower#1 is on the left, & Tower#2 on the right, above

1MNjYGO.jpg

CG Tower 1 will not be as high as Tower 2 - this is from a different angle.

4Lo2e3z.jpg

The Makati model shows Citygate in its context

A "GAP" is being Filled on Legazpi Street, by Megaworld's Greenbelt Hamilton Tower 2

The "gap in the teeth" next to GB Hamilton, is being filled with Tower-2 next door

bb56804e1bf99a3d0e38ce753d6335ba.jpg

Greenbelt Hamilton Tower 2 is now under construction, with xxxx-built Man Tower (dark grey) next door

Man Tower / Zipmatch : http://www.zipmatch.com/condominium/man-tower-condominium

The "gap" is less apparent in this photo taken a street or two over

The Perspective makes these buildings look closer than they really are

SLOqYRD.jpg

Beacon Tower-3 is in the distance at the corner of Amorsolo/ Arnaiz.

Grand Midoro is on the close side of Legazpi St., and Greenbelt Hamilton is on the farside, next to an empty lot, and Man Tower.

Skvf1rM.jpg

Showing the above buildings on the model

In general, there seem to have been very few "cheap" resale opportunities at GBH.
But I thought I had found one:
Re-sale 41SQM 1 Bedroom Executive Unit - P 3.5 Million
839943889_2_644x461.jpg?bucket=09
But at: 3500k /41= 85.4k psm
That's so cheap, I think it must be an "assume balance" scam or some other deception
> https://www.olx.ph/item/re-sale-41sqm-1-bedroom-executive-unit-in-greenbelt-hamilton-ID81NVG.html?h=7d29544d61
(I was expecting resales at P120-140k per sqm)

Comparisons with Paris, anyone?

Gentrification will continue - on the streets near City Gate

FVaiFB5.jpg

MN / My Nice Restaurant on Esteban St.

Many new restaurants and shops have opened in the last year or so - and more will come as the Demand from Kroma and Citygate hits the market.

The new restaurants are most noticeable on Esteban and Legazpi street, and also "behind" Grand Midori facing Bolanos St., a small street.

gEXPA2u.jpg

This is Yardstick coffee, next to My Local bar & restaurant on Esteban street, where I wrote the original version of this note - The Coffee shop was full of attractive young people when I walked in, mainly young girls. Across the street, you will find Trufa Pasta bar, a high-end woman's fashion & wedding dress store called Mel Orlina, and MN (My Nice) restaurant

Strategically located in the CBD to be accessible to partner cafes and restaurants, The Yardstick HQ acts as the main distribution center for our coffee, machines and equipment. It also houses The Y.A.R.D. for training workshops and the Concept Coffee Bar for those who want to taste our coffee and see the machines in action.
The space was designed to house a coffee company where employees, students and patrons interact cohesively within one environment. It pushes the boundaries in retail execution with the first modular coffee bar setup in the Philippines. This keeps everything transparent yet functional and accessible.
The space is open and inviting through the minimalist elements that fill the space with subtle color accents and the natural light the pours through the facade.

==

kpY1ym3.jpg

Legaspi St. has Terry's Gourmet, Mauizen Spa, and new shops like Regiment, and Majore

tkKG6JF.jpg

Majore is near the corner of Legazpi & Dela Rosa and sells high end furniture, manufactured locally.

I happened to walk in a few days after their launch, and they were still offer a glass of wine and a bite of eat to their friends & visitors.

Those with homes and offices to furnish in highend style will find some interesting options

Also on Esteban St.is a branch of Centro Escola University, where you can find circula featuring management and tourism courses

On Bolanos St, which is a short street dominated by Grand Midori, you can find several restaurants, such as Mantra, an Indian Restaurant, at G-07, Grand Midori, and also...

City Gate will be a likely catalyst in inspiring more new development in its immediate area

The excitement of high-end development at City Gate, AFT & Kroma, may be causing people to re-evaluate what can be done with their older, shorter buildings

on the Northern end of Ayala Avenue. The developer of the project below is rumored to be Ayala Land. A tight office market is helping.

jINNWnQ.png

SSS Building, Ayala Ave, and Ruffino St. was built in 1966 (51 years ago) and has been occupied by the PDIC.

6427275237_819199d789_b.jpg

The old SSS building fits in rather well into the present mix of Ayala Avenue buiildings

Soon to be evicted ? (at PDIC offices)

Philippine Daily Inquirer / July 05, 2017

The employees of Philippine Deposit Insurance Corp. probably thought they had seen the last of their former office—a decrepit structure along a flood-prone section of Chino Roces Avenue in Makati City—after they moved to a “better location” a few years ago.

This better location, the Social Security System building on the corner of Ayala Avenue and Rufino Street in Makati City, isn’t too swanky either since it was built in 1966 and is not a modern high rise, but is classified as a “class B” building.

But it does have the benefit of being located in the country’s most expensive address for offices, and… well… employees never have to contend with anything worse than puddles even during heavy downpours.

Unfortunately for the officers and staff of PDIC, the new leadership of the SSS has better ideas to realize greater value from this expensive piece of real estate.

Biz Buzz learned SSS was eyeing a joint-venture deal with a yet-to-be-determined partner to redevelop the 12-story structure into a gleaming high rise building that will maximize the investment value of the property.

And the prospect of building a high rise on the spot is giving SSS investment officials wet dreams because—thanks to the relatively large size of the property—any building that will be built on it can probably have 50 stories (or more) of sellable or leasable space (the PBCom Tower across the street has 52 stories aboveground and seven basement levels sitting on a smaller footprint).

Of course, the most ardent suitor for the right to partner with SSS and develop the property is none other than Ayala Land, we hear, because well… it’s its home turf, Ayala Avenue, after all.

But Biz Buzz learned SSS is playing coy and is entertaining other suitors who may be willing to give it a better deal than the blue-chip Ayala firm. No one knows which way the new SSS leadership is leaning, but the chair of the private pension fund wants nothing less than an “iconic landmark for its members as a sign of stability,” we were told.

. . .

On the upside, the old PDIC building is being refurbished, inside and out, so that the returning staffers won’t feel like rejects, given the important role they play in bank regulation and supervision.

And most importantly, the Makati City government has repaired the problematic drainage along Chino Roces, so hopefully, no more flooding. That’s something to look forward to, maybe.

The PDIC's old building on Chino Roces,is near Don Bosco, south of Waltermart.

pdic.png

120363.png
No doubt, many PDIC employees would rather stay on more swanky Ayala Avenue

Other old buildings may eventually come down... like this one

UD61vsa.jpg

Aguirre Loan Co. is in the Filipino Building, a Class-C building of 7-stories, built 1990 on 135 Dela Rosa St., directly across from Kroma Tower

ZcpdXj3.jpg

Windsor Tower on Legaspi St at ground level, shows how high end shops are even moving in to a 34-year old structure

If I was on a tight budget, i might be tempted by a place like this:

Condos for Sale at:

Windsor Tower (built 1983)

163 Legazpi Street
Property Type: Studio / Floor Area: 36.5Sqm.
Interior: Fully Furnished
Selling Price: Php2,350,000. /36.55 = P64.3k per sqm (no longer available)

/ 2 /

Bedroom: 2 / Floor Area: 82 Sqm
Interior: Semi Furnished / Toilet & Bath: 2 / Parking: 1
Selling Price: Php5,600,000. /82.00 = P68.3k per sqm

Disclaimer: Availability and price subject to change without prior notice

( Listings provided by Lemontree Real Estate, 121 Valero Street, Salcedo Village )

Why tempted? If it gets redeveloped, there may be a potential windfall price paid by the developer,

and/r the ability to swap it for a newer and larger space.

ynbkMfb.jpg

A RARE View, showing the narrow street, Dela Rosa Access Rd #3, between Solaris / Kroma, and Alveo Financial Tower,

with Citygate looming in the background. Note the "daring" illegal smokers, ignoring the new smoking ban.

It will get darker on this street when AFT, a 186 meter tall building going up to the right, is finished.

0e5c4ee48f58b82fa3c344d7c99b0dcc.jpg

One of the bridges is already under construction.

When Clouds come to Earth
41090214548bf6cd7995f1762aa0c5a7.jpg : 2nd-Photo :

- SSC photo

That is Kroma Tower in the distance, partly shrouded in a black cloud

(in edit - my comments - then some links)

FIRE at Kroma?

Viber: "I heard there was a fire in Kroma.. Did you hear, see anything?"

Dr B : (In photo) "There was a black cloud... Should be easy to fix at this stage. BTW, what could burn there? Not concrete"

Fire breaks out in Makati commercial building | Inquirer News

newsinfo.inquirer.net/922637/fire-makati-city-building-kroma-tower-manila
14 hours ago

A fire broke out in a commercial building in Makati City during a cloudy Monday afternoon.

Dark smoke could be seen coming out from Kroma Tower in Dela Rosa Street, Makati City at around 3:15 p.m., emergency dispatch server TXTFire Philippines reported.

The fire was raised to 2nd alarm at 3:20 p.m. but was immediately declared under control at 3:40 p.m.

The fire in the commercial building owned by Alveo Land was put out at 3:50 p.m

> http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/922637/fire-makati-city-building-kroma-tower-manila#ixzz4ppsa3iLT
(btw, kroma is not a commercial building. was it something nearby?)
(the story got repeated here):

20 hours ago - A fire broke out in a commercial building in Makati City during a cloudy Monday afternoon. The post Fire breaks out in Makati commercial ...

Two photos of The Rise / Air Residences / Columns taken this morning (Aug 17th) from One Central

i3nuwvP.jpg

VcTeIPT.jpg

And here a photo of Lerato (Aug 17) and the delayed hospital nearby

qVP9Vqv.jpg

CIty Gate in the Rain

H9BHGX1.jpg

The CityGate Tower from a familiar corner

7ktSchK.jpg

Seda Hotel forms the top part of the taller tower

LWwoCB8.jpg

Two Towers of Citygate viewed from next to GT Tower

qaXWNrA.jpg

As CityGate looks from Ayala Avenue - on a holiday (8/21 : Ninoy Aquino Day ) with traffic diverted

gdDYb4N.jpg

Kroma is turning white behind AFT, as the office building gets a patch above the old floors of Jaka Tower

A little story about a cloud of smoke:

I dropped by Kroma during the changing of a shift. The security guard did not want to answer my questions about last week's fire.

But I found a supervisor from MDC who spoke good English. He told me the fire broke out on the 7th floor and was confined to that floor.

The smoke came from plastic, which had caught fire. It was put out quickly, and he said there would be no lasting damage

CORNER of Dela Rosa & Salcedo : 8/26/2017

/ 1 / City Gate

Z6FgpIV.jpg

/ 2 / AFT & Kroma

FqLJDJg.jpg

/ 3 / Kroma from another corner

N7PiLi9.jpg

/ 4 / The Big Picture

YHM971z.jpg

AFT... the "when Finished" look

jhZHyFP.jpg

Alveo Financial Tower (AFT) image - interested to see what the completed building is planned to look like.

And also how AFT will tower over the building to its right, a future part of City Gate, little discussed so far.

fidx4SH.png

The City Gate complex - the expected look when finished

Sept. 6th Update - Salcedo / Ayala corner

6HMkMZj.jpg

MjHKaFF.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this