cgnao

Wed Jul 6 18:08:14 UTC 2016

Ladies and gentlemen, here it comes. Brexit will be blamed, but it will in due course be recognized as only a small disturbance. The main event has yet to happen and the roots of what is about to happen go much deeper.

The global financial edifice is extremely fragile, it is already wobbling dangerously and is on the verge of imploding. This is a one in a thousand year occurrence that we are all witnessing in real time. I pray that whatever comes next does not plunge the world in chaos and war.

Hi to the man that remodelled my retirement :)

Once the ATMs run dry and the supermarket supply chains fail, no one will be safe.

Good to see you back cgnao.

Deutsche Bank imploding (when it finally implodes) will be Lehman x 10.

Ladies and gentlemen, here it comes. Brexit will be blamed, but it will in due course be recognized as only a small disturbance. The main event has yet to happen and the roots of what is about to happen go much deeper.

The global financial edifice is extremely fragile, it is already wobbling dangerously and is on the verge of imploding. This is a one in a thousand year occurrence that we are all witnessing in real time. I pray that whatever comes next does not plunge the world in chaos and war.

The alternative explanation is that preparing for war is expensive, so there is none left for anyone else.

How can you not watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoC0Xcjko0A

and not think

OMG its pre WWII Germany in full color HD.

____

Let me guess, you went short Melrose PLC just last week. You should know better. Even Engelwood caught that bit of insider trading.

A return visit - 12 months later... after July 8, 2015

It's Good to see cgnao again.

We did see some negative action last year, as I recall

Yeah, it could be dangerous here - July 5th was a Bradley Turn date, and the Chart looks toppy

spy-10yr_zps2uqkvvzk.gif

But some E-wavers like Tony C think we might get a decent rally, even new highs before the US stock market collapses

= maybe in the usual season of Sept-Oct

I know you are not a big fan of cryptocurrencies DrBubb, however this might be the best way to hedge your bets against fiat currency collapse. I left it alone for awhile but am back taking a good solid look at it again and I have to say things are improving. One mining consortium called eobot exchanges your BTC in gold. Also there is a crypto that is backed by gold. Cryptos are fast evolving to a usable standard and decentralisation is the 'sacred cow' They even have evolved a Decentralised Autonomous Organisation DEO. This structure is being taken up by many and there are now side chains to the main block chain to make it less clunky. I am still catching up on it all from a few years away. John McAffee is looking into hydro electricity to run the mining rigs. I am convinced This is the future of currency.

" One mining consortium called eobot exchanges your BTC in gold."

Then you have the problem of getting your hands on the Gold

Hello one and all...

been away for some time, in 'hibernation'... just observing, stacking, enjoying life.

But - there are a few comments I have here.

I'm trying to attach any significance to the date of Cgnao's post... 6:06pm on 6th july... what happened then, that day, that week?

We were two weeks post-brexit, were the Italian banks and Deutsche looking shaky?? I'd wager that there was significant stress in the system due to the currency fluctuations - and the derivatives (especially IR derivs; even the 10y Gilt yield dropped - somewhat unexpected, for me anyway).

To llyrran, I have to agreee that I believe there is a future for 'virtual' blockchain-style currencies, after taking some time to understand the technology, its decentralised nature, its mining and transaction record, applications (not just as 'money', but notary, settlements, copyright,...) I've invested a small amount in BTC over the last 3 years or so (~1% of liquid) and I'm up fairly well, buying mostly around $225-275 when the GBP/USD was nearer 1.70-1.50 ish.

I don't think Gold/Silver and BTC-style currencies are mutually exclusive.. In fact they seem to complement each other very well! I think they are both 'money' in the true sense, (portable,tangible,durable,divisible,fungible,recognisible,store-of-value) but G+S emphasize different aspects than BTC. For example, gold is more 'tangible', 'durable', and perhaps BTC is more portable.

I think both have uses, and a place in the modern portfolio.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know you're still alive, CG - and thanks for the heads-up all those years ago. You called me a moron once, and you were right. I think (hope) I have learned a little since. So, what's in store? Dystopia?

ooh, I meant to say:

To Dr. Bubb:

--------------

one of the largest US bullion dealers now lets you buy gold with Bitcoins. (JM Bullion). So you can exchange virtual currency for gold 'in your hand', not just paper claims.

Thanks CG. Warning heeded.

Hope you're safe and well.

This could be serious.

Clif High certainly thinks so:

> xx

Deutsche Curve Inverts As Bundesbank Dismisses State Support Of "Zombie" Banks

Deutsche Bank Sub CDS closed above 500bps for only the second day in its history (and the longer-term CDS curve inverted once again) as a bad day ended worse with Bundesbank member Andreas Dombret exclaimed "state support of banking sector must end," warning that it only "props up zombie banks." His pronouncements also pushed politicians to make the hard decisions and "tell banks they need structural reform."

haha...Can't wait to see how that works out

Remember the rules of panic:

1. Don't panic

2. Panic first

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/some-deutsche-bank-clients-said-to-reduce-collateral-on-trades

A number of funds that clear derivatives trades with Deutsche Bank AG have withdrawn some excess cash and positions held at the lender, a sign of counterparties’ mounting concerns about doing business with Europe’s largest investment bank.

Remember the rules of panic:

1. Don't panic

2. Panic first

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/some-deutsche-bank-clients-said-to-reduce-collateral-on-trades

A number of funds that clear derivatives trades with Deutsche Bank AG have withdrawn some excess cash and positions held at the lender, a sign of counterparties’ mounting concerns about doing business with Europe’s largest investment bank.

Thanks.

I agree we may now be at a PANIC FIRST moment, since stock market Longs can exit at attractive levels

CGNAO! I can't believe it.... haven't seen a post from you for years!

Glad you're alive and kicking. Really looked forward to your posts back in the day!

Came across an "ode" to you made in 2008! Posted here for old times sake :-)

Oh... no it's not.... I can only attach a file of 249k, max..... er.... lovely.