Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

Trump and Fair Trade & Change

Trump : Fair Trade & Change - A Discussion.

Join in

hqdefault.jpg

He wants Fair trade, not Free trade. What's that mean?

g1-31.gif

Mr A:

You must understand such benefits of free trade! I'll attempt to keep it minimal.

I think the best historical evidence in support of free trade is in 1929, when the Hoover Tariffs crushed the US economy, and the opening of free trade after WW2 which at least assisted in a worldwide economic boom.

Economics shows that free trade lowers prices and gives consumers more purchasing power. Outsourcing let's us bring jobs to other countries and other countries bring jobs to us. As you and I both know from our economics backgrounds, outsourcing lowers prices worldwide due to ease of resource access without the massive unemployment every Internet warrior claims it does. These lower prices boosts consumption and raises the "real wages" worth. But you're an economics major, so you and I are already extremely aware of this lol

Mr B:

Your argument is theoretical; and not well-informed. Problem is: there is Free Trade into America, but not in reverse. I live in Hong Kong now, and travel a decent amount, so I see these things with my one eyes. China has a much easier time getting its products into the US than the US has getting its products into China, US corporations don't mind, because they buy cheap goods in China and other countries and sell them into the US. Americans benefit in the sense that they get cheaper products. But their jobs have moved overseas. Trump wants to bring those jobs back home, with Americans manufacturing more of the goods they buy. Philadelphia used to be called the "workshop of the world", now it is China. Trump can bring some of those jobs back. How? Trade barriers and a weaker US dollar. If China and other countries do not want to face a big trade barrier, they will have to lower their own, and allow US goods in.

Mr A:

I thought you said you studied economics...Outsourcing goes both ways, we employ people in other countries and they employ people in our country. You're aware of this, correct? And you're aware of the economic and social impacts of the Hoover Tariffs and Roosevelt's breakdown of Tariffs? How about Polk's tariffs? Are you aware of the trade war of the early 1930s starting from tariffs themselves? Price inflation? Judging from your comment, it does not seem like you have knowledge of the subject...perhaps if you use bigger themes in economics that I'm not aware of you can convince me, rather than "Trump says this." Educated people like you and me are supposed to rely on evidence, after all, brought forth by scientists, economists, and historians, not by word of mouth by a single individual

Mr B:

Where do you live? Have you traveled?

I see jobs that were once in America have moved to other countries. Another example, the Philippines. I lived there for a month earlier this year, and I will go back soon. Do you know what a BPO building is? Manila is full of them, and they are booming. They are essentially call centers. And the Philippines is becoming the King of BPO's. The Philippines is the 4th largest English speaking country. With just a little work, Filipinos can speak American English with only a small accent. They work hard, and at night. And at average of Pesos 22,000 a month, you can get some excellent workers. 22,000 / 45 = USD 489. Do you think you can get someone in the US to do the work at that price? Philadelphia has some of the lowest rents of major cities on the east coast. I just rented out a 3BR house I own in Philly at over $1000 per month. The same house would cost 2.5 to 3.0 X that in NYC. How are Americans going to compete with Filipinos, when their cost structure is so much higher. You talk about the US selling things in return. The main things the US sells to the Phillippines are weapons and horrible immoral Hollywood films, full of violence and sex. And the US has a negative balance of trade.

Mr C:

This Youtube link is long but certainly worth watching. It was from 1994 but totally relevant now,

Sir James Goldsmith was spot on with his predictions.

Mr D:

Of course, I am familiar with Sir James Goldsmith, and his predictions.
Here's another with a similar idea who was also right:

(a video of Ross Perot - standing between the heads of two powerful --- families):

The US economy, and it middle class were "done in" by the plans of Globalists - the giant sucking sound - that swept jobs offshore, and destroyed manufacturing in the US.

This happened mostly under President Bill Clinton. What a strange twist it is that his wife is now running for President, and telling people that she will bring jobs back. Of course, she will not. She will stand for business as usual, and allow the elites to go in draining the remaining wealth from the middle class - while their children go off to wars that only benefit Israel and the war contractors.

TRUMP is the Real Deal, Alex Jones says.

"He is an Info-warrior, and knows was much about the planned NWO as I do"

"He has dumbed it down, to get his message out"

Breaking: New Trump Scandal, Devastating Info Released

"The Insider's know (that he knows more than he is saying) and are scared.

"It is good he has a big ego... He wants to be the guy who saves the country, and brings back prosperity."

(This may or may not be true, but does anyone on this planet think that Hillary can bring back prosperity?)

Albert Edwards on Global Trade:

We will probably see a trade war not unlike that in the 1930s. There are already signs of stresses and strains. World trade growth actually declined for most of last year. On 23 December the US imposed punitive sanctions on Chinese steel imports. Hence as renminbi devaluation accelerates, and a new more deadly phase of the global currency war unfolds, we are set to slide into another global recession.

And can investors really be sure that policymakers won’t repeat the mistakes of the 1930s, and avoid an outright deflationary bust accompanied by a trade war?

==

> http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/29/heading-for-a-crash-global-economic-meltdown-panel-repeat-2008-china-slowdown

I reckon Edwards is wrong, and is repeating the arguments that the Globalist Corporations have used to build their global control structure, outside the control of sovereign countries. TPP is their final outrage, and must not be allowed.

If people take back power from the globalists, and along the way a few of the worst globalist billionaires get strung up on lampposts or exiled permanently, then so be it - SO LONG AS: the power goes back to the people, and the accelerating trend of wealth concentration in the hands of the elite 0.01% is reversed. This is impoverishing us, and threatening to kill the middle class.

Trump has supposedly lost $500 Million so far in his run for the Presidency, but he is determined to be the one who saves a country he loves.

This is a very good interview with Newton Gingrich - who speaks sense,... an acts like mediator

I think he would be a plausible choice for Trump as V.P.

Hannity: March 17, 16: Giuliani: GOP must pick Trump at an open convention, Trump vs Hillary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guLZo3PkZS8

THE WALL - here's one assessment, of what it will take

Rakan bin Mohamed

6:33 AM
+John Forgette Jr And how will he do that? Just like how he's going to build that wall, which will never happen.
$25 billion for the wall: "If we work with the lowest estimated height, 35 feet, and The Donald’s suggested length, 1,000 miles, experts say it would run $10 billion for the concrete panels, $5 billion to $6 billion for the steel columns plus labor, $1 billion for concrete footing for the columns and a concrete foundation, $2 billion to build roads so 20-ton trucks can deliver the materials, and an additional 30 percent for engineering, design, and management. So that’s $25 billion already, and that’s just building the wall."

(Amazingly, Bernie Sanders seems to have overcome HIS Zio-phobia!):

CNN - ‎8 hours ago‎
Salt Lake City, Utah (CNN) Bernie Sanders criticized Israel's treatment of Palestinians,
condemning the expansion of West Bank settlements and blasting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's withholding of tax dollars from Palestinian authorities, in a ...
Meantime, at AIPAC, Donald Trump spoke
Donald Trump Aipac Full Speech
Comment from YT:
"He had to undo the damage of saying he would be neutral"
"AIPAC was on their feet"
"He had a lot of help on this speech... multiple standing ovations"
"He spoke Presidentially"
(A pity that it is politically impossible for him to have said anything much differently than this.)

(DT must think: there's no road to the White House without a kowtow to the Jewish lobby):

Trump Tells AIPAC: ‘I’m Not Here to Pander’–and Then Proceeds to Pander

By Richard Edmondson on March 21, 2016

If you're a Zionist, what's not to like?

I know a lot of people have had their hopes up about Donald Trump. When the Republican candidate said the war in Iraq was a disaster and that Bush had lied to get us in that war, a lot of people, myself included, took it as a hopeful sign. We also assumed that since he was self-funding his campaign, he would not be as dependent upon the pro-Israel lobby, and might, if elected, actually chart a course of independence away from our usual servitude to Israel.

But the speech given by Trump before AIPAC earlier this evening is perhaps the most fawning speech any candidate could possibly have given. Even Joe Biden’s speech yesterday had more teeth to it, and Biden is known for being one of the most kowtowing Israel supporters in Washington. Biden at least had the nerve to criticize Israel for its settlement expansions. Not only did Trump make no mention of the settlements, not only was he mute on the subject of the theft of Palestinian land and destruction of homes, but he accused the Palestinians of terrorism, of teaching their children to hate Jews, and he promised to move the US embassy to Jerusalem. He also vowed essentially to scrap the Iran deal and even claimed that Iranian missiles are inscribed with the words “Israel must be wiped off the face of the earth”–an allegation that appears based on nothing more than a tweet posted earlier this month. If you’re a dedicated Zionist, what’s not to like?

“Israel does not name public squares after terrorists,” says Trump. No, it just elects them as prime minister. Maybe it’s time we started rethinking the whole subject of Donald Trump. I’m not saying do or don’t vote for him. I’m simply saying that in AIPAC we have an organization whose goal is to further the interest of an apartheid state that routinely kills women and children, and that when a presidential candidate appears on a podium before such an assembly and expresses his own accord with those objectives, then maybe we should take his words at face value.

==

> http://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/03/21/trump-tells-aipac-im-not-here-to-pander-and-then-proceeds-to-pander/

(others see his speech more positively):

LOOK WHAT pundits are saying, who are not part of the political & media establishment

Trump reveals inner statesman, terrifies naysayers

The race is over. Donald Trump will be the next president of the United States.

History will record the moment the tough-talking media and marketing genius sealed the deal as the evening of Monday and the dawn of Tuesday during this Holy Week.

Over a short, intense few hours of momentous world events, Donald Trump revealed that not only does he understand the grave threats that free and civilized people face, but also that he has the wisdom and temperament to be leader of the free world.

Mr. Trump’s address to American Israel Public Affairs Committee Monday night was thoughtful and considered. It was not one of his rambling ad-lib campaign speeches, which are enormously entertaining for supporters but maddening for people trying to piece together his specific policy positions.

At AIPAC, Mr. Trump laid out a clear and concise vision about the threats we and our allies face from the terror and hatred spewing from Islamic radicals in the Middle East. The speech was highly-informed and clearly influenced by smart people he is listening to around him.

==

> http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/22/charles-hurt-donald-trump-reveals-inner-statesman-/

(Statesman? Nay! Just someone who realizes he may have an impossible job winning without Jewish support)

What Does the World Actually Think About Donald Trump?

Published on Mar 25, 2016

Trump has been winning on his “Make America Great” appeal. His message has a strong “American-First” and “Anti-Immigrant” undertone which resonates with the Republican base.

But how does this rhetoric play out in global context?

Why Trump made the AIPAC speech

(here's a comment from Ben Fulford's Blog):

“Also in the US presidential campaign, Donald Trump disappointed many people with what appeared to be a groveling speech to the Jewish AIPAC lobby. At this speech Trump, who always just speaks his mind, read a pre-vetted speech from a teleprompter, several US based sources note. The aim of Trump’s kowtowing to the Jewish lobby was to prevent his assassination and also to help the Jews free themselves from Khazarian mafia mind control, the sources say.
In any case, immediately after the speech Trump gave interviews saying the US should stop providing military protection for other countries free of charge. The biggest beneficiaries of this largess are NATO and Israel.
The Trump comments about NATO, which includes Turkey, were also aimed at underlining the fact the US military would not fight to protect Turkey from Russia. Without US support NATO, even with Turkey, would not stand a chance against Russia’s military.
Trump also mistakenly believes the Japanese are getting a free ride on defense when in fact they are paying the US military bills in Japan.”

====================================================

Well thanks Ben. You certainly answered my questions about this turn of events. Previously I had thought he said he was not bought by anyone and had infuriated AIPAC with his comments. Trump said what he had to say

Comment by azure on March 29, 2016 @ 5:04 am
==

Ben Carson Defends His Endorsement of Donald Trump - The View

I lost my respect for Ms Goldberg with the thoughtless remarks she made.

She should clean herself up, and re-embrace her inner woman - Gawd what a mess she is!

Keeping his options open? (after they have done so much to undermine him)

Trump meets with Republican leadership after backing away from loyalty pledge

Reuters - ‎48 minutes ago‎
WASHINGTON Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump made a surprise closed-door visit to the Republican National Committee on Thursday after a tumultuous two days on the campaign trail that included a reversal of his pledge to support the ...
>
With Trump, it is always the "art of the deal" (is that a bad thing?)

A Trump card that Hitlery dare not play

Trump Presidency Equals 9/11 Disclosure

Being the B-from-H, she'd rather keep people in ignorance, serving her masters

Sign in to follow this