The Most important election in US History?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time will we start to hear news about voter turnout and any indicators of who is doing well in each state? I know the first results will be announced around midnight (GMT), but do we usually get info before this time? I've not paid much attention to previous US elections in the past.

Turnout is reportedly high.This is all anecdotal stuff from tellers at the polling stations.

Haven't seen anything official yet.

where are you getting this data?

votehillsborough.org

Florida voters have been posting it on Twitter. It's only election day voting though, I didn't realise, so Trump is behind in this county apparently but way ahead of Romney's 2012 vote.

I can't post links as I'm on an Xbox one but the address worked when I clicked on Twitter, not sure why it's not now.

votehillsborough.org

Florida voters have been posting it on Twitter. It's only election day voting though, I didn't realise, so Trump is behind in this county apparently but way ahead of Romney's 2012 vote.

I can't post links as I'm on an Xbox one but the address worked when I clicked on Twitter, not sure why it's not now.

Turnout 65% with a few hours to go...............

The consensus has been Trump needs a monster turnout to have a chance of winning and this appears to be on course. Do you reckon he has any chance at all without Florida?

The maths is simple to me.If he loses Florida,then he needs to pick up Pennsylvania and Colorado.

Don't get me wrong,if he loses Florida,it's going to be tough but paths are still open.

Two weeks ago,he'd have been stumped,but Hillary heading to Michigan tell us it's real close.A lot closer than the bookies odds are implying imo.

The consensus has been Trump needs a monster turnout to have a chance of winning and this appears to be on course. Do you reckon he has any chance at all without Florida?

Much like Brexit,the MSM theory was that it needed a low turnout to get a Leave vote.In actual fact the high turnout saved it.

Hillary's inability to get a crowd tells me-unscientific I know-that she's someone who struggles to motivate voters to come out for her.

edit to take out word 'not'

No idea on the validity of this but Paul Joseph Watson says Drudge has early leaked exit polls:

Clinton takes Pennsylvania.

Trump takes Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, N. Carolina & Ohio.

Showdowns for Colorado, Florida, Michigan & Nevada.

No mention of other states but if Rickards' theory that more men vote later and Hitlery isn't far enough in front with women...........BOOMTIME. Lots of ifs and far from concrete obviously.

"Clinton takes Pennsylvania."

If there was cheating it will be there (too)

Drudge now saying:

ELECTION WILL BE DECIDED BY EVENING VOTERS

**PROJECTED 140 MILLION TOTAL**

Trump on 164 Hillary 203 Toss Ups 171

So Trump needs 106

Florida (29)

Ohio (18) Michigan (16) Pennsylvania (20) New Hampshire (4) Maine CD2 (1) Maine (2) North Carolina (15) Virginia (13) Georgia (16) Colorado (9) Nevada (6) New Mexico (5) Arizona (11) Iowa (6)

Ohio+North Carolina+Georgia+Arizona +Iowa=66

I think if Trump loses any of these he's not going to win the second tier which in my opinion are knife edge

Florida 29 +Colorado 9=35

Which leaves him needing 6

So New Hampshire,Maine,Pennsyvlvania,Michigan,Nevada

Just watching Sky and the talking heads are all running Trump down.Someone even said his comments about women were more important than Hillary's email scandal.........seriously,he said some out of line things I get it,but what Hilary did was pontentially criminal.

Hillary's inability to get a crowd tells me-unscientific I know-that she's not someone who struggles to motivate voters to come out for her.

You've got to think this is going be reflected in the voting numbers to a certain extent. Would be Clinton voters who have got a cold, are tired, longer day ar work might be less enthused and think f it. The enthusiasm gap at the rallies was ridiculous. Tim Kaine had 3 people at 1 rally - not Clinton but the potential future VP a week before a massive election and he could fit everyone into a mini cooper

You've got to think this is going be reflected in the voting numbers to a certain extent. Would be Clinton voters who have got a cold, are tired, longer day ar work might be less enthused and think f it. The enthusiasm gap at the rallies was ridiculous. Tim Kaine had 3 people at 1 rally - not Clinton but the potential future VP a week before a massive election and he could fit everyone into a mini cooper

That's very mich my view of things.But you can see the MSM doing a Brexit and talking the revolution down.

Having outlined Trump's various routes to 270,he's nowhere near as out of it as they'd have you believe.

That's very mich my view of things.But you can see the MSM doing a Brexit and talking the revolution down.

Having outlined Trump's various routes to 270,he's nowhere near as out of it as they'd have you believe.

It's going to be close and we're going to hear 'bad' news for Trump all night until it's clear he's either won or lost. They'll spin negatives to try to put off later voting Trumpers and make them think there's no point. Pro-Trump pundits have been hammering it home not to listen to that though, so hopefully it's registered with enough Trump voters. I think it might as he's got people hyped for this.

Hmm... there are OTHER reports on Dixville

First returns are in -- and Dixville Notch, N.H., goes for Hillary Clinton

Los Angeles Times‎ - 53 mins ago
A spotty record in getting matching the winner
Dixville Notch is an unincorporated community in Dixville township, Coos County, New Hampshire, United States. The population of the township, all of whom live in Dixville Notch, was 12 at the 2010 census.[1] The village is known for being one of the first places to declare its results during United States presidential elections and the New Hampshire primary.[3] It is located in the far north of the state, approximately 20 miles (30 km) south of the Canadian province of Quebec.
==

A lot higher if true then.

Pax Dickinson says the exit polls are leaked to Drudge as propaganda and that he had Kerry way ahead in '04. God knows, not sure we can trust anything, even the official result!!

The resultis the result but I'm very wary of exit polls especially with potentially unpopular candidates like Hillary and the Don.