Sign in to follow this  
callmejoe

Windows 10's Technical Preview

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/07/windows_10_data_collection/

Windows 10's 'built-in keylogger'? Ha ha, says Microsoft

– no, it just monitors your typing

YOU said it was OK when you installed that Technical Preview

.....some sites .... claim that Windows 10 comes with a "built-in keylogger" to watch users' every move.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-02/surveillance-state-goes-mainstream-windows-10-watching-logging-everything

The Surveillance State Goes Mainstream: Windows 10 Is Watching (& Logging) Everything

.... as 10s of millions of .... PC users download the free upgrade, Windows 10 is watching - and logging and sharing - everything users do... and we mean everything.

"The Surveillance State Goes Mainstream"

Google maybe miffed, or delighted on reading that :)

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/08/08/windows-10-the-real-jade-helm/

Windows 10, the real “Jade Helm”

What a sick game this is

From the comments:

DaveE August 8, 2015 at 8:23 am

Funny stuff if it weren’t so serious. Long ago, we told a joke:

“The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn’t suck will be the day they make a vacuum cleaner.” Unfortunately, their evil is not due to incompetence, at least not entirely. It’s due to their evil and complete lack of scruples.

We knew in about 1985, when Microsoft got serious about using every dirty trick they could think of to destroy far superior companies (like Apple, at least back then) what degenerate NWO slimbags they were. It’s only gotten worse, much worse.

I worked for the bastards (Microsoft) in the early 1990’s (desperation) and I can tell you, the place was CRAWLING with NWO screw ’em any way you can dirtbags and every power-crazed cubicle-crawler wannabe tyrant yuppie megalomaniac you could only conjure in your worst nightmares.

In other words, we knew Windows 10 was coming, long ago. We just didn’t know how bad it would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLiozMpqV80

Katherine Albrecht: Windows 10 Is Full Blown Electronic Tyranny

Would You Pay Micro-soft to spy on you? Windows 10 is an update that is being used to spy on you through malware. It is placed on your computer through the update and then leaves you helpless against spying through keystrokes, your camera and websites you visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLiozMpqV80

Katherine Albrecht: Windows 10 Is Full Blown Electronic Tyranny

Would You Pay Micro-soft to spy on you? Windows 10 is an update that is being used to spy on you through malware. It is placed on your computer through the update and then leaves you helpless against spying through keystrokes, your camera and websites you visit.[/size]

Hmmmm. On the one hand the point is very important.

On the other, she's talking total shit.

The difference between, say, windows 8, and windows 10, is that windows 10 lets you turn these options OFF

Microphone for example.

The windows 10 microphone settings

Let you DENY applications access to the microphone.

good luck doing that on earlier versions of windows.

Gotta say, I like win10, best Microsoft OS yet.

long way behind nix.

But as an easy to use "throw away" OS, really nice.

So what do you make of this then?

http://www.techworm.net/2015/08/ban-windows-10-say-russian-lawyers-because-it-spies-on-its-users.html

The Windows 10 data collection features can be done disabled from the settings screen. However, several apps that are already existing can do this automatically with just a few clicks. According to what some say, even if the features in the settings screen is disabled, Microsoft still continues to collect information in the background. Hence, to ensure that your privacy is not violated, it is advisable to use third-party apps when using the new operating system.

And in the comments:

There are videos of packet capturing programs like Wireshark being used on Windows 10, and as the user scrolls over the features of the system, including any icons as well as the start button – there is constantly packets being sent to Microsoft. This continues to be done, even with all of the privacy settings that span across the dozen or so pages turned completely off! The consensus among many is that there is really no way to turn off the privacy invading settings of Windows 10, thus I will not be updating. If the older Windows system become too insecure to use, I will be switching to React OS, Debian, Linux Mint, or some alternative with many features.

From Jim Stone's website.....

All text typed on the keyboard is stored in temporary files, and sent (once per 30 mins) to:

oca.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
pre.footprintpredict.com
reports.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com

This will allow Microsoft to have a way to steal every joke, every poem, every intellectual endeavor you ever create and have it copyrighted before you even stop typing.

Telemetry is sent once per 5 minutes, to:

vortex.data.microsoft.com
vortex-win.data.microsoft.com
telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com
telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
oca.telemetry.microsoft.com
sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com
sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
This allows them to track you very accurately.

Typing the name of any popular movie into your local file search starts a telemetry process that indexes all media files on your computer and transmits them to:

df.telemetry.microsoft.com
cs1.wpc.v0cdn.net
vortex-sandbox.data.microsoft.com
pre.footprintpredict.com

This allows them to index any "unauthorized" content, and build a dossier on you that can be used in conjunction with their tracking data to stuff almost anyone in jail when needed.

When a webcam is first enabled, ~35mb of data gets immediately transmitted to:

i1.services.social.microsoft.com
i1.services.social.microsoft.com.nsatc.net

This allows them to get a good layout of your home and surroundings, and a good look at YOU PERSONALLY.

Everything that is said into an enabled microphone is immediately transmitted to:

pre.footprintpredict.com
telemetry.appex.bing.net
telemetry.urs.microsoft.com
cs1.wpc.v0cdn.net
statsfe1.ws.microsoft.com

If this weren't bad enough, this behaviour still happens when Cortana (microsoft's version of SIRI) is not installed is SO IT IS NOT ANY HELPFUL ASSISTANT DOING THIS, IT IS A DATA AND PRIVACY RAPE PURE AND SIMPLE.

Notes of what Clif High said in an interview 11 Dec 2015:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=16607&page=91&do=findComment&comment=326946

NSA is about to disappear in a dark hole
exponential growth of info on people they need to mine
Soon NSA will be submerged in a disinfo sea because so much info is there and machines will be breaking down under load
so it will be less than economic to continue NSA activities such that its budget will be re-allocated elsewhere

Also their surveillance program is being greatly expanded

http://www.ibtimes.com/did-ted-cruz-reveal-classified-information-senate-intelligence-committee-investigates-2228618

Cruz, attacking Rubio, said that “the old program covered 20 percent to 30 percent of phone numbers to search for terrorists; the new program covers nearly 100 percent.

They'll be drowning with info. There is no way they can use what they collate. I'd suggest people insert provocative words in their email signatures like nuclear, ISIS, explosions, crash, bombs etc to make sure they add your data to the pile that needs attention

From Jim Stone's website.....

All text typed on the keyboard is stored in temporary files, and sent (once per 30 mins) to:

pre.footprintpredict.com

This will allow Microsoft to have a way to steal every joke, every poem, every intellectual endeavor you ever create and have it copyrighted before you even stop typing.

Telemetry is sent once per 5 minutes, to:

vortex.data.microsoft.com

vortex-win.data.microsoft.com

telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com

telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net

sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com

sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net

This allows them to track you very accurately.

Typing the name of any popular movie into your local file search starts a telemetry process that indexes all media files on your computer and transmits them to:

df.telemetry.microsoft.com

cs1.wpc.v0cdn.net

pre.footprintpredict.com

This allows them to index any "unauthorized" content, and build a dossier on you that can be used in conjunction with their tracking data to stuff almost anyone in jail when needed.

When a webcam is first enabled, ~35mb of data gets immediately transmitted to:

This allows them to get a good layout of your home and surroundings, and a good look at YOU PERSONALLY.

Everything that is said into an enabled microphone is immediately transmitted to:

pre.footprintpredict.com

telemetry.appex.bing.net

telemetry.urs.microsoft.com

cs1.wpc.v0cdn.net

statsfe1.ws.microsoft.com

If this weren't bad enough, this behaviour still happens when Cortana (microsoft's version of SIRI) is not installed is SO IT IS NOT ANY HELPFUL ASSISTANT DOING THIS, IT IS A DATA AND PRIVACY RAPE PURE AND SIMPLE.

why would you use a pirated version of Windows 10 when the real thing without any of that is free?

why would you use a pirated version of Windows 10 when the real thing without any of that is free?

I don't use windows.... what makes you think Mr Stone's analysis refers only to pirated versions.... did I miss a sentence somewhere?

I don't use windows.... what makes you think Mr Stone's analysis refers only to pirated versions.... did I miss a sentence somewhere?

you missed lots of sentences.

all the ones that aren't copies and pastes of the Czech translation and actually analyse it.

what's left as not outright lies or only applies to pirated versions. no less applies to any other corporation services such as Google or Dropbox.

anything you put near a computer or mobile phone that isnt security hardened should be considered compromised. and on windows Microsoft is the least of anyone's worries.

how is this news to you?

well, that's good to know as I use windows.

I simply assume that everything I write is read real time by those intel guys.

I've noticed a couple of times that when I post a transcript in pastebin on a certain website, the view counter clocks up over 200 within 10 mins and then dies down to under 5 views an hour.

There may be over 200 spies watching all my moves but hey, that's paranoia for you :)

well, that's good to know as I use windows.

I simply assume that everything I write is read real time by those intel guys.

I've noticed a couple of times that when I post a transcript in pastebin on a certain website, the view counter clocks up over 200 within 10 mins and then dies down to under 5 views an hour.

There may be over 200 spies watching all my moves but hey, that's paranoia for you :)

when you post to a public paste bin the link appears on the home page.

those 200 views will be r&d is cs labs doing nlp (natural language processing)

at least a few of them will be on contract from the various intelligence agencies.

they also hit sites like this.

with logins.

but mostly they are looking for things like:

https://m.reddit.com/r/learnprogramming/comments/2yp7hp/what_should_you_do_if_you_accidentally_publish/