Van's Journal 2014

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going LONG FTSE here. The risk/reward of a continuation of uptrend is good, otherwise the get-out point is very well defined.

It's also very possible that we will get one final blow-off top to end one of the greatest bull markets in history... FTSE @7200 by June?

The FTSE is in a huge rising wedge.. The was a headfake last month, but a move below 6,600 would complete the wedge this time around.

FTSE.jpg

Looks Bearish, with a capital B, to me

Looks Bearish, with a capital B, to me

I agree. FTSE's been a dog for the last year.

A break of the trendline, further gap down this morning and no bounce suggests a good chance that we are heading lower still.

Apparently it's the FTSE's worst losing streak since 2011.

I am going LONG FTSE here. The risk/reward of a continuation of uptrend is good, otherwise the get-out point is very well defined.

It's also very possible that we will get one final blow-off top to end one of the greatest bull markets in history... FTSE @7200 by June?

Trade close for a quick and painful 90 point loss.

Move onto the next one.

Actually I'm paring down a lot of my positions; my trade account is looking very good thanks to longs in Gold, but I need some mental relief from trading.

Poker? Or Rock Scissors Paper? :)

Given up on the poker, at least in trying to make a steady earning from it.

I turned $10 in $280, and then quickly gave back $60, so cashed out and stopped playing. The swings are incredibly frustrating, but mostly it just becomes a monotonous grind to spend all your spare time on it, and it seems that the less enthusiasm you have, the more people suck out on you. Still enjoy a friendly game with friends, but I figure that I'd rather try to become a better trader than a poker semi-pro.

Given up on the poker, at least in trying to make a steady earning from it.

I turned $10 in $280, and then quickly gave back $60, so cashed out and stopped playing. The swings are incredibly frustrating, but mostly it just becomes a monotonous grind to spend all your spare time on it, and it seems that the less enthusiasm you have, the more people suck out on you. Still enjoy a friendly game with friends, but I figure that I'd rather try to become a better trader than a poker semi-pro.

Reflects my experience as well. Massively time consuming and then becomes less enjoyable

• 3 weeks later...

Tying some of my beliefs together on Economics and Nutrition, we know that the US and indeed the Western world is bankrupt and heading for default. The US spends a nearly a fifth of its entire GDP on healthcare, and this number rising all the time. Without being able to solve its spending on healthcare, it's debts will continue to mount until the point of ruin. As a LCHF devotee, I'm convinced that switching to this diet will automatically solve 90% of modern medical symptoms.

10 companies control 80% of all processed carbohydrates in the US.

The US and the world has a choice; admit that the dietary guidelines it has promoted for 40 years has been disastrous and wrong, reverse its course, and stop protecting the interests of the big food manufacturers. With this it will solve its "insolvable" healthcare spending crisis and put itself back on the correct path to budget solvency. Or it can carry on down the same blind alley that will guarantee its failure and destruction.

We don't NEED a breakthrough in medicine. We don't NEED Stem Cell science to mature to the point that it can repair human tissue.

We already understand what causes ill health, and we know how to reverse it. This evidence has been buried under a mountain of lies and policies for the last 40-50 years. But someone will always seek out the truth when the lies have the repercussions that we have seen.

Tying some of my beliefs together on Economics and Nutrition, we know that the US and indeed the Western world is bankrupt and heading for default. The US spends a nearly a fifth of its entire GDP on healthcare, and this number rising all the time. Without being able to solve its spending on healthcare, it's debts will continue to mount until the point of ruin. As a LCHF devotee, I'm convinced that switching to this diet will automatically solve 90% of modern medical symptoms.

10 companies control 80% of all processed carbohydrates in the US.

The US and the world has a choice; admit that the dietary guidelines it has promoted for 40 years has been disastrous and wrong, reverse its course, and stop protecting the interests of the big food manufacturers. With this it will solve its "insolvable" healthcare spending crisis and put itself back on the correct path to budget solvency. Or it can carry on down the same blind alley that will guarantee its failure and destruction.

We don't NEED a breakthrough in medicine. We don't NEED Stem Cell science to mature to the point that it can repair human tissue.

We already understand what causes ill health, and we know how to reverse it. This evidence has been buried under a mountain of lies and policies for the last 40-50 years. But someone will always seek out the truth when the lies have the repercussions that we have seen.

Skip meat, especially red meat.

Eat vegetable, especially raw veggies. And drink juice, not alcohol or soft drinks.

I can virtually guarantee you will feel better

Skip meat, especially red meat.

Eat vegetable, especially raw veggies. And drink juice, not alcohol or soft drinks.

I can virtually guarantee you will feel better

Sort of disagree on meat. Good quality red meat is a vital source of saturated fats (ie good for you).

The problem is that the actual fleshy "meat" part is the least nutritious part of the animal, mostly made up of protein (which you only needs a little of), and therefore containing higher levels of nitrogen. The most nutritional parts of animal and poultry products are the fat and organs that we typically discard - liver, heart, skin, kidneys etc.

And also there is the problem now that animals are bred with starchy grains rather than what their normal diet should be, so the meat itself is quite far removed to what it would otherwise be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our food may kill us - and it may be designed THAT way:

DEPOPULATION AGENDA : The Frightening Reality, the Bitter Truth

MP3 : http://mediaarchives.gsradio.net/mike_harris/hr1043014.mp3

Apr.30th:

Tonight's guest was Kevin Galalae, the topic was the global depopulation agenda and Kevin's new book "Killing Us Softly"

Unveiling The Truth #13: Interview With Author Kevin Galalae (2014-01-04)

=

=

=

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the FTSE entering the early stages of a BEAR market now? For the first time since 2011 We have prices trying to get back above a downward sloping 144dma. The path of least resistance could now be to trade it short.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I've seen so many bears for so long saying it's going to break, I'm sure at some point there will be a good reverse, it's just that the down forecasts have been happening for so long!

Probably tank now

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I've seen so many bears for so long saying it's going to break, I'm sure at some point there will be a good reverse, it's just that the down forecasts have been happening for so long!

Probably tank now

yeah I know what you mean.. still, in a historical context the bull market is very old now - not many bulls survive this long. Plus also the FTSE itself has gone nowhere in the last 15 months, and now the long term averages are starting to head down. Not conclusive, sure, but the pieces are falling into place.

I do feel that the sense of complacency in the market is so palapable now... people have got used to having the Fed at their back. They think the market is a one-way bet. I've read so may bearish commentators that seem to have thrown in the towel and turned bull, that there can't be many buyers left.

To be honest I agree with you and in truth if anything it's been my bearish tendencies that have cost me making larger profits on some good bull stocks, although I've done ok this year so far without trading too much.

Just a little peeved with myself at times for listening to far too many bears. Seriously watching silver as a swing out of stocks of which I only hold 5 plays presently, but I'd rather miss the start of a trend reverse than have my fingers singed again on metal trades.

I can't think that 2014 as the year to remember for trading with long tendencies to be honest. Maybe in the later final quarter of 2014.

It hasn't been easy to pick a winner. Big to medium caps have been mediocre, and small caps have dived in the few months:->

aim.png

^AIM Junior all share index

Archived