Sign in to follow this  
tinecu

"Ominous" Predictions for 2014

"Ominous" Predictions for 2014

vhq9.jpg : clouds

Here are some 2014 Predictions from the uber doomsters:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-12-13/faber-rogers-dent-maloney-stockman-%E2%80%93-what-do-they-say-coming-2014

Some of the most respected prognosticators in the financial world are warning that what is coming in 2014 and beyond is going to shake America to the core. Many of the quotes that you are about to read are from individuals that actually predicted the subprime mortgage meltdown and the financial crisis of 2008 ahead of time. So they have a track record of being right. Does that guarantee that they will be right about what is coming in 2014? Of course not. In fact, as you will see below, not all of them agree about exactly what is coming next. But without a doubt, all of their forecasts are quite ominous. The following are quotes from Harry Dent, Marc Faber, Gerald Celente, Mike Maloney, Jim Rogers and nine other respected economic experts about what they believe is coming in 2014 and beyond...

-Harry Dent, author of The Great Depression Ahead: "Our best long-term and intermediate cycles suggest another slowdown and stock crash accelerating between very early 2014 and early 2015, and possibly lasting well into 2015 or even 2016. The worst economic trends due to demographics will hit between 2014 and 2019. The U.S. economy is likely to suffer a minor or major crash by early 2015 and another between late 2017 and late 2019 or early 2020 at the latest."

-Marc Faber, editor and publisher of the Gloom, Boom & Doom Report: "You have to say that we are again in a massive financial bubble in bonds, in equities, in [other] asset prices that have gone up dramatically."

-Gerald Celente: "Any self-respecting adult that hears McConnell, Reid, Boehner, Ryan, one after another, and buys this baloney… they deserve what they get.

And as for the international scene… the whole thing is collapsing.

That’s our forecast.

We are saying that by the second quarter of 2014, we expect the bottom to fall out… or something to divert our attention as it falls out."

-Mike Maloney, host of Hidden Secrets of Money: "I think the crash of 2008 was just a speed bump on the way to the main event… the consequences are gonna be horrific… the rest of the decade will bring us the greatest financial calamity in history."

-Jim Rogers: "You saw what happened in 2008-2009, which was worse than the previous economic setback because the debt was so much higher. Well now the debt is staggeringly much higher, and so the next economic problem, whenever it happens and whatever causes it, is going to be worse than in the past, because we have these unbelievable levels of debt, and unbelievable levels of money printing all over the world. Be worried and get prepared. Now it [a collapse] may not happen until 2016 or something, I have no idea when it’s going to happen, but when it comes, be careful."

-Lindsey Williams: "There is going to be a global currency reset."

-CLSA's Russell Napier: "We are on the eve of a deflationary shock which will likely reduce equity valuations from very high to very low levels."

-Oaktree Capital's Howard Marks: "Certainly risk tolerance has been increasing of late; high returns on risky assets have encouraged more of the same; and the markets are becoming more heated. The bottom line varies from sector to sector, but I have no doubt that markets are riskier than at any other time since the depths of the crisis in late 2008 (for credit) or early 2009 (for equities), and they are becoming more so."

-Financial editor Jeff Berwick: "If they allow interest rates to rise, it will effectively make the U.S. government bankrupt and insolvent, and it would make the U.S. government collapse. . . . They are preparing for a major societal collapse. It is obvious and it will happen, and it will be very scary and very dangerous."

-Michael Pento, founder of Pento Portfolio Strategies: "Disappointingly, it is much more probable that the government has brought us out of the Great Recession, only to set us up for the Greater Depression, which lies just on the other side of interest rate normalization."

-Boston University Economics Professor Laurence Kotlikoff: "Eventually somebody recognizes this and starts dumping the bonds, and interest rates go up, and inflation takes off, and were off to the races."

-Mexican Billionaire Hugo Salinas Price: "I think we are going to see a series of bankruptcies. I think the rise in interest rates is the fatal sign which is going to ignite a derivatives crisis. This is going to bring down the derivatives system (and the financial system).

There are (over) one quadrillion dollars of derivatives and most of them are related to interest rates. The spiking of interest rates in the United States may set that off. What is going to happen in the world is eventually we are going to come to a moment where there is going to be massive bankruptcies around the globe."

-Robert Shiller, one of the winners of the 2013 Nobel prize for economics: "I'm not sounding the alarm yet. But in many countries the stock price levels are high, and in many real estate markets prices have risen sharply...that could end badly."

-David Stockman, former Director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan: "We have a massive bubble everywhere, from Japan, to China, Europe, to the UK. As a result of this, I think world financial markets are extremely dangerous, unstable, and subject to serious trouble and dislocation in the future."

Thanks for the great summary.

Do you mind if I combine this with the other thread?

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=18630

"All of their forecasts are quite ominous"
Some common themes in the Summary seem to be:
============
+ A stock market crash, starting in the first half - even Q1
+ It could be worse than 2008-9
+ A risk of US govt insolvency, and a bond crash
+ Even real estate prices "could end badly"

DHS Insider: “Preparations Have Been Finalized to Respond to a Crisis of Unprecedented Magnitude Within the United States

by Jean

Douglas J. Hagmann
Original Source: SHTF plan (via: Infowars.com)

December 28, 2013

"Final smack-down in Gold and Silver... Then an economic collapse."

Editor’s Note: One of the questions oft asked in alternative news circles is why, if elements within the U.S. government intend to collapse our economy and implement martial law, no one within these circles has spoken out.

281213dhs.jpg

Image: DHS (Wikimedia Commons).

The fact is that scores of people have made it their duty to alert the American people to what’s going on behind the scenes. They’ve told us of the corruption and backroom deals. They’ve given us the warning signs to look for, many of which have already come to pass. They’ve even made us aware of the government’s response should the worst come to pass. Detractors often dismiss the warnings and insider reports as bogus, often claiming that if the sources are anonymous they can’t be legitimate. But do we blame them for taking extreme steps to protect their identities? Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning showed their faces, and now they will spend their lives as targets. Given what happened to these whistle blowers, is it any surprise that others with insider knowledge refuse to speak out in an official capacity?

The following warning comes to us from an anonymous source embedded deep within the Department of Homeland Security who has taken it upon himself to share his knowledge with our audience through the generous contrtributions of the Hagmann and Hagmann Report via the Northeast Intelligence Network. The insider has taken extraordinary measures to remain anonymous,

. . .

I had my last “official” contact with a source inside the Department of Homeland Security known as “Rosebud” in my writings. My source is leaving his position, retiring along with numerous others choosing to leave this bureaucratic monstrosity.

. . .

The response will include the use of lethal force against U.S. citizens under the instructions of Barack Obama.” But why?

“‘It’s the economy, stupid,’” he began, paraphrasing a campaign slogan coined by James Carville for Bill Clinton’s 1992 campaign. ”Just as I disclosed in our first meeting, the crisis will be rooted in an economic collapse. I told you last year, at a time when gold and silver were setting record highs, one specific indicator that time is very short. It is the final ‘smack down’ of the metals, gold and silver, that will presage the orchestrated economic collapse that is being planned by the bankers of Wall Street. Everybody needs to understand that this is a deliberate collapse of the U.S. economy with the oversight of the White House and the full knowledge of the Justice Department.

. . .

“As I said, there are several scenarios and I don’t know them all. I know one calls for a cyber-attack by an external threat, which will then be compounded by something far removed from everyone’s own radar. But it’s all a ruse, or a pretext. The threat is from within,” he stated. “Before people can regain their footing, a second event will be triggered.” Again, I asked for specifics.

“I’ve seen one operational plan that refers to the federal government’s response to a significant terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

. . .

“Please note a few final things. The relationship that exists between DHS today and the executive branch is well beyond alarming. DHS and other organizations have become the private army of the Oval Office. The NSA, and I’ve got contacts there, is taking orders from the Oval Office. "

===

>More: http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2013/12/28/dhs-insider-preparations-have-been-finalized-to-respond-to-a-crisis-of-unprecedented-magnitude-within-the-united-states/

Scare-mongering?

Or a genuine Warning about a real threat?

It is not clear which it is. But we may need to be prepared for the worst in 2014.

The Crash of 2008 was seen ahead of time by many people.

(And you could say that I was one of them.)

We are being warned about 2014, and I think we need to take these warnings very seriously.

Someone did notes on a recent Jim Willie broadcast

Jim Willie podcast with Craig Ferguson (TF Metals Report) – Dec 24, 2013

It has become obvious the US military is primary defender of USD

Money comes from control over:
1. money printing
2. Military pressure of all kinds
3. regulators
4. Exchg Stabilization Fund and Treasury Depts
5. Rigging of Comex and LBMA

Agreement with Iran was about the surrender of the petro-dollar with strategic arms limitation i.e. who has the right to nuke another country over what financial principles.

The Iran nukes story is a ruse. The US problem with Iran was about them selling gas/oil outside the USD. The Iran agreement says they won’t transact in Gold. Jim thinks they’ll denominate the sale of oil/gas in USD for reporting purposes but all settlement will be done outside the USD.

So Iran will let the bankers keep the ‘illusion’ of USD ongoing, but they will do what they want.

The US has pissed off the Saudis
Past = Saudi petrodollar
Future = Iran petro-yuan

The new cartel will be the Natural Gas Coop led by Gazprom of Russia – This will eclipse OPEC.
Focus in the Persian Gulf will now be on Iran and the gas pipeline.

Jim thinks the Saudis will now be painted as terrorists with Iran becoming the lynchpin for global stability.

The Arab Spring was all BS – it was part of a plan for things to be allowed to go south with the Saudi’s

London/Switzerland being drained of gold – all moving to China
This was the old Chinese gold used improperly by the London Bankers to back sovereign debt and derivatives. It was used to hold the Western financial system together.

USA Inc committed IRS tax revenues to China – not directly – but as backup for a huge set of Derivatives that China bought.
US was given 1999 gold lease of Mao Tse Tung era gold, in exchange for China getting most favored nations trade status. WE GAVE THEM OUR INDUSTRY!

So China gave Wall St. a lot of gold

There was no recovery of the US economy after 2008, ‘09, ‘10
As a result, 2 defaults occurred:
1. return of the gold to China – we reneged on that agreement by 2007
2. the IRS backed derivative to China – due to recession the tax collections were inadequate so we defaulted on the IRS bond fund to China.

The Mickey Mouse govt shutdown may have been a real shutdown and probably staged and ordered by China b/c we reneged on their IRS payments.

1 Chase Plaza (JP Morgan) was sold to Chinese conglomerate (ie Chinese govt) for $725 MM, half of it’s worth.
This is a 5 bldg complex with underground gold vault connected to the Federal Reserve.

Jim’s conclusion is China is going to buy the Federal Reserve starting with JP Morgan. Asian kilo bars in gold are showing up on JPMorgan vault.

Breakdown of system arrives when the institution of QE starts failing

US loses the entire Middle East
The Arab Spring was designed for US to lose the M. East
We alienated everyone

Saudi’s want the US embassies shut down. The US are financial terrorists.

Russian Co – Rosneft is buying Morgan Stanley Energy offices. The crude oil price will be controlled by Russia.
So this is a big phase out of the Saudi’s

Currency Reset – The USD and Euro will be devalued against gold. Gold will be revalued (upward)
USD will be singled out for special treatment.
USD will be devalued heavily in a series of steps.

There will be a split in the USD:
*foreign held USD – no devalue
*domestic – devalue

Says there has been an agreement made for two 30% devaluations of USD, just like Venezuela

The Federal Reserve is the US Central Bank
the USD has been the global reserve currency

In the last 2 years, the world is taking action against the cabal.
The Fed Res is printing $ to protect Wall St and this has undermined a lot of commodities and foodstuffs

So the BRICS countries came together and developed a new gold trade settlement mechanism outside of the US banking system and USD – outside cabal manipulation and outside of the US Military retaliation for not using the USD.

We stole Iraq’s gold from their Central Bank. The world knows the US military backs the USD.

Bin Laden death and burial at sea off USS Vinson, TOTAL FABRICATION. A source from Karachi says he died of kidney failure (2002?) and was mourned in Pakistan for one day.

90% of population of Iran want to get rid of the Mullah’s – they’re stealing $.

Russia/China to be (painted as? )next big enemy of US

Per one of Jim’s sources, the Chinese put on a display of an EMP weapon in the Indian Ocean –
they destroyed a US Naval destroyer. The remains are being scrapped in Chesapeake VA now. China has stealth aircraft and catamaran vessels i.e. advanced military capabilities – better than the US.

The NSA will isolate the US more than our bank fraud. Brazil just cancelled a $4.5B Boeing fighter contract in favor of SAAB.

Saudi’s are buying weapons from Russia – their new protector.

2014 – the year it all comes apart

A Deutsche bank failure will spread to all the western banks – nothing will stop it.
BaFin – a watchdog prosecutor in Germany is all over it.
Deutsche bank is in violation of banking requirements and involved in fraud.
Wall Street will be completely dominated by China.

China/Russia begin to control the energy and commodity markets through their Wall St puppet offices.

Bakken/Shale energy projects to go belly up – they’re a ponzi scheme. Gas wells deplete quickly requiring more to be drilled. Fracking is polluting the water supply.

The Comex and JPMorgan will end when they have no more gold. Only ~814 tons gold left in the GLD fund – their last vestige of gold.
The Comex will go through technical default. It hasn’t made good on any private deliveries in 4-6 mos. There are no lawsuits due to threats.

Jim Sinclair says there will be emancipation of phys gold from paper.

There is widespread acceptance of QE to infinity – $150-$250B/month (much greater than advertised)
Tilt in the news stories – painting Saudi’s as villains and Iran as peacemakers
2014 is the year of the recognition of the paradigm shift

Comment by intruth on December 28, 2013 @ 11:40 pm

Intruth,

Great synopsis of the Jim Willie interview. Did you listen to this?

Start at the 42 minute mark:

1) The claim that the gold they found in Iraq was gold painted wood is a lie, it was real because we invaded to steal their Central Bank, among other reasons.

2) He then talks about one of his sources that works for Halliburton telling him that they FOUND the chemical weapons of mass destruction in Iraq but the story was hidden because the weapons were MADE IN THE US! They were sold by Bush to Saddam!

It would have been pretty hard to let the world know that the weapons of mass destruction were found but all said ‘made in America’.

Comment by patricem on December 29, 2013 @ 6:56 am

I think the first 6-9 months of 2014, things will just continue like in 2013. ie house prices/stock markets drift long nicely, yen drifts to USD110-115, gold hovers around where it is maybe down to 1100 or so, maybe up to 1300 or so, silver does likewise, down a bit up a bit, Interest rates stay down, fools rush to buy property/mortgages blah blah...

After 6-9 months...probably nothing till 2015, autumn will come, leaves will fall, snow will warrant winter...all the while energy prices rise. So what?

I would like a reset to happen yesterday. But that's on hold. I would like Jim Willie to be right on cue instead of right constant titillation. But I dont blame him. Or anyone. Just things take longer than you think to pan out...which gives you more time to take preventative measures. So I'm continuing what I ve have been doing.

Thanks to Tinecu for the list. I'll print it off.

Happy New Year everyone.

Ed Dames' Predictions for 2014

fee319b06b150ad8976fc5.L._V200116875_SX2 : Dames' site : http://learnRV.com

=======

(Major Dames has some incredible things to say about "agencies" who are protecting against misuse of nuclear weapons in part-1.)

+ There's "nothing good to say about the economies of the US and Western Europe" in 2014

+ The petrodollar will continue its decline, as more countries defect from trading the US dollar. Even the UK will leave the dollar trading block.

+ By April, things "are going to get very serious worldwide"

+ It will be "more than bumpy" in 2014

+ The unprecedented riot in Singapore in Dec. 2013, is a sign of the riots and other troubles we will see in big cities. The cities may be locked down, and people prevented from leaving. There could be mass starvation. "There are not enough resources to support the cities."

+ Fukishima : You have no idea how it will begin to effect things in the rest of the World, and especially the US NorthWest Coast, and Canada. People will become aware by late spring.

+ The Japanese govt knows the problem. "It should of called in the Russians for help, with their experience of Chernobyl, right away. But it is too late now.

+ The plume is heading in many directions. But you cannot get the facts from the MSM media

SAFE SPOTS:

+ Canadians are lucky : ALberta and Saskatchuan should be okay

+ The Appalachians look alright

+ South Omaha is not good, the north is close to a safe location

"Good into my forum on LearnRV, and you can learn more.. about Safe Locations."

===

2014 Trends/ Bible Prophecy

= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T9FGmTWPXY =

Date: 01-05-14 Host: George Noory Guests: Gerald Celente, M.G. Michael

In the first half, trends analyst Gerald Celente joined George Noory to talk about economic trends for 2014.

One of the big trends for the new year is what he calls the "self sufficiency economy." The US has human and natural resources that are unparalleled, and could be far less reliant on buying goods from other countries, he remarked. The majority of Americans are not benefiting from free trade and globalization, he continued, and their standard of living has declined dramatically since NAFTA and banking deregulations. We may end up paying a little more for consumer goods but we'll earn a lot more for making them, Celente noted. "We need to keep our production and our capacity at home."

In other economic trends, he cited the US government's plan to taper down stimulus money, cutting back around $10 billion a month beginning in March. This tapering will likely lead to higher interest rates, which will hurt the economy, he said, adding that if the interest rate goes over 5%, "you're going to see a real downdraft in the housing market." Celente also suggested that China was facing economic woes with a debt problem, and a "bubble they can't deflate."

-------------------------------------

In the second half, theologian and historian from the University of Wollongong in Australia, M.G. Michael, discussed his analysis of the Book of Revelation, and its prophecy related to the "mark of the beast." The Book of Revelation is often referred to as 'The Apocalypse,' which comes from a Greek word that means revelation-- not catastrophe, he pointed out. The material was written by John of Patmos during a time of Christian persecution, "and there was a feeling that this small community of Christians were going to be extinguished, and there had to be a redemption," he explained.

The Book of Revelation describes two beasts, one of them associated with the number 666, and during the prophesied end times, the mark of the beast will be needed to buy or sell. Michael believes that this mark could come from a convergence of various technologies such as computer networking, biometrics, RFID, or even a tattoo of something like a bar code on the body.

(From 137 days ago - How is it working out so far?):

PREPARE For The WORST in 2014:

"All of their forecasts are quite ominous"

Some common themes in the Summary seem to be:

===============

+ A stock market crash, starting in the first half - even Q1

+ It could be worse than 2008-9

+ A risk of US govt insolvency, and a bond crash

+ Even real estate prices "could end badly"

The Crash of 2008 was seen ahead of time by many people.

We are being warned about 2014, and I think we need to take these warnings very seriously.

=====

VERY Long Term Chart :

140210US-StockPricessince1789_zps37ab862

INDU since 1987 :

INDU_zps1079fe64.gif

SPX since :

SPX_zpsceac8039.gif

RUT since :

(IWM, is the etf for the Russell-2000 index)

Russell2000_zps52ae8531.gif

At the time the thread was started, SPX was about : 1,841

SPX: From end DEC (1848.36), SPX at 1870.85 is up 1.22%

But the other indices, and broader market show something different:

===

Indu: From end DEC (16,577), Indu at 16,447 is : - 0.78% = DJIA

XLF : From end DEC ($21.86), XLF at $21.72 is- : - 0.64% = Financials

IWM: From end DEC (115.36), IWM at $108.88 is: - 5.62% = Russell 2000

(UK):

UKX: From end DEC (6749.09), UKX at 6840.80 is up 1.36% = FTSE-100

Here's a podcast, talking about possible market action and politics ahead:

VERY Long Term Chart, DJIA/INDU:

INDU since 1987 :

SPX since :

RUT since : (IWM, is the etf for the Russell-2000 index)

At the time the thread was started, SPX was about : 1,841

SPX: From end DEC (1848.36), SPX at 1870.85 is up 1.22%

But the other indices, and broader market show something different:

Indu: From end DEC (16,577), Indu at 16,447 is: - 0.78%

XLF : From end DEC ($21.86), XLF at $21.72 is- : - 0.64% = Russell 2000

IWM: From end DEC (115.36), IWM at $108.88 is: - 5.62% = Financials

(UK):

UKX: From end DEC (6749.09), UKX at 6840.80 is up 1.36% = FTSE-100

Here's a podcast, talking about possible market action and politics ahead: