Dr Bubb interviews DF (about his book: LIFE After The State)

Dr Bubb interviews Dominic Frisby (on : LIFE After The State)

epet.jpg

"Money is the blood of our economy... and it is riddled with infection."

MP3 : http://media65.podbean.com/pb/18b608bcef10952f2989e0113f032170/52aa055d/data1/blogs1/2516/uploads/mhinterviewsdf.mp3 (26 mins.)

We turn the tables this week and Michael Hampton interviews Dominic Frisby about Life After The State.

Download here.

dominic_frisby1-200x300.jpgBookCover.jpg

Please click here to the whole audiobook via Paypal. You can also buy it with Bitcoin.

And click here to buy on Amazon.

vfy2.jpg

You really must LISTEN to Dom's reading of chapter-1 (see above) - It is very easy to follow, and I love the little bit he reads with a Cuban accent - why a Cuban father wants his daughter to be a hinatera. The Chapter will also give a good idea of the themes he developed in the book.

One of the books themes that struck me, and I mentioned in the interview, was a section he did about the history of currencies - looking at the Pound Sterling in particular, which has a history of about 1,000 years - which makes it the most successful state-sponsored currency in mankind's history.

qv66.jpg

> source: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/charting-price-gold-all-way-back-1265

I liked the story from the book about Newton's involvement in the successful 1696 currency reboot:

"The Great Re-Coinage": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Recoinage_of_1696

newton_on_the_one_pound_note.jpg

Now, we need another currency reboot (or perhaps several, all around the world.)

Where will we find someone of Newton's caliber, who also has the needed support ?

Without a reboot of banking and our currency system how can we rid ourselves of the

"Unholy Trinity" of Money> Taxes > State Interference ?

Those who use Bitcoins, may tell you that we do not need the support of governments to do the reboot. They will say: We can do it ourselves by creating our own virtual currency, and conducting our own transactions beyond the control of banks.

They may be right. But what will happen when the State finds its power, and it ability to tax transactions is being threatened?

Newton himself was not against a Free Enterprise Market.

His currency reboot (the "Great Recoinage") did not inhibit the free market. In fact, you could say it encouraged the freedom of the markets and free transactions - even speculative enterprises - by giving people a Sound Currency, in which they could transact. In effect, the ability to invest and take risk, was moved away from the transactional medium itself - a bad place to take risks - and into the investments. (When a currency is NOT Sound, people are forced to speculate in the "medium of exchange", and that is not productive for the economy. Bitcoins may be an interest new rival for traditional fiat currencies, but its price fluctuations make IT, the medium of exchange, a vehicle for speculative risk. And that may not be a positive thing for the potential users of the crypto-currency. In the long run, they cannot all make money from those fluctuations. There will be winners and losers.)

After 1696, Sir Isaac even had a brief and ultimately unsuccessful career as a speculator...

20131210-image.jpg

But thought Newton caught the speculative bug, he kept his currency out of that sphere. Instead, he turned the Pound into something that was basically rock-solid for over 100 years.

Now, in the last 100 years, the two main currencies, the Pound and the Dollar, have begun to show the stress of decades of abuse. The Pound has weakened. And the dollar has too, especially in the 100 years since the Federal Reserve was created in 1913. We may soon be headed into years, and even decades, of volatility in of our main currencies. They have too long been abused by The States and the bankers that control them.

Real Gold prices after Newton's Fix - and measured in USD

20130615_gold.jpg

== ==

The book is timely because it pulls together, in a highly readable way, a number of knotty issues that our society needs to address.

The more educated we all are about these issues, the more likely we are to arrive at a sensible solution

ANOTHER Interview with DF about the LATS book

On Legalise Freedom:

• 2 weeks later...

Dominic reads from the book, L.A.T.S :

= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU835GgiH8s =

And here's a discussion from 2012 (before the book came out), where DF

talks about some of the themes in the book, and we discuss the nature of currencies

=

=

The hard-working middle class gets squeezed to support:

+ The poor, who are bribed by the state, and

+ Crony capitalists who gain easy profits by doing business with the state's help

DF thinks: "independent money" may help save the middle class

I have not finished the audio book yet. But...

The book is incredibly well researched (I don't have any financial connection to it), and it is packed with quotes and wisdom from pivotal people in history. People that I work with say, I speak in parables - like a priest - I guess I will speak more, the more that I hear. If anyone wants to understand how economies work (and maybe from that, you think of ways to profit from it and avoid losses), it will pay for itself many times over.

I shall think of an example - there have been many pubs around here locally that have closed down and reopened "under new management", but after awhile, it becomes up for sale again. If anyone can see the current government interference - business rates, hefty tax on alcohol, smoking ban (contentious!), as well as greedy pub company landlords (non-government) but backed by cheap loans to the pub companies by zombie banks (government). If people can understand how the economy works - they can avoid hefty losses, as well as profiting. The biggest player in the market is not George Soros, Jim Rogers, or Paul Tudor Jones. It is the government!

I would recommend purchasing the audio book rather than the actual book - it is easy to let Dominic read the book to you! It's a 9 hour+ audio book so you get value for money.

What is Seigniorage ?

Why do we surrender it to the State and the Banking system?

Still Report #151 - Seigniorage

=

=

"Crypto currencies are the people's natural work-around to the problem of..."

...the State and its system of money creation.

I have not finished the audio book yet. But...

The book is incredibly well researched (I don't have any financial connection to it), and it is packed with quotes and wisdom from pivotal people in history. People that I work with say, I speak in parables - like a priest - I guess I will speak more, the more that I hear. If anyone wants to understand how economies work (and maybe from that, you think of ways to profit from it and avoid losses), it will pay for itself many times over.

I shall think of an example - there have been many pubs around here locally that have closed down and reopened "under new management", but after awhile, it becomes up for sale again. If anyone can see the current government interference - business rates, hefty tax on alcohol, smoking ban (contentious!), as well as greedy pub company landlords (non-government) but backed by cheap loans to the pub companies by zombie banks (government). If people can understand how the economy works - they can avoid hefty losses, as well as profiting. The biggest player in the market is not George Soros, Jim Rogers, or Paul Tudor Jones. It is the government!

I would recommend purchasing the audio book rather than the actual book - it is easy to let Dominic read the book to you! It's a 9 hour+ audio book so you get value for money.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

This is really off topic Dominic but I have just seen your father on a TV in a programme about English Grammar Schools and what they did for at least some working class children in the 1930s to 1950s.

Very interesting and rather moving when he pays tribute to a particular sixth form teacher.

• 3 weeks later...

"Bitcoins doesn't threaten Capitalism,

It threatens Corporate Kleptocracy, than needs to be threatened...

And through that, it save Capitalism."

Here's an articulate ATTACK of Corporatism masquerading as Capitalism

BTW here is the latest video from A Antonopoulos whom I met in London last week - he is BTCs most eloquent exponent.

I couldn't agree more with his attack on Big companies and their destructive rent-seeking behavior

Think of Big banks and Big pharma - and you will see into the heart of evil

Archived