cgnao : From the bunker (2013): JGB Watch, etc

The Cyprus bank account raid if it goes through would leave everyone with a deposit in a bank feeling very nervious.

If I had a deposit there, first thing Tuesday morning I'd be making arrangements to empty the account in case they try the same trick a second time.

But where to move your deposit to?

This is looking good for physical gold.

I'm also getting confused at the line between taxation and outright theft.

Seems reasonably straightforward.

One is, taking something without the owner's express permission, the other is, erm, taking something without the owner's express permission.

double post from the bank holiday thread..

cgnao, 2008:

Jun 8 2008, 09:57 PM

ZCZC CGNAOGLD2 ALL

TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM

BULLETIN

MAJOR DERIVATIVE MELTDOWN ALERT

NWS TPC/CGNAO

SUN JUN 08 21:26:46 UTC 2008

...BOND INSURERS DOWNGRADES TRIGGERING A FRESH

COLOSSAL WAVE OF DERIVATIVE LOSSES

...UNPRECEDENTED CREDIT MARKET PROBLEMS AT LEAST

ONE ORDER OF MAGNITUDE LARGER THAN AT THE HEIGHT

OF THE GREAT DEPRESSION

...MONETARY SYSTEM ONE STEP AWAY FROM TOTAL COLLAPSE

DERIVATIVE LOSSES SURGE, DESPITE MASSIVE INJECTIONS

OF EMERGENCY FUNDS WORTH HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS,

A GIANT $150BN US ECONOMIC STIMULUS PACKAGE AND WHOLESALE

REWRITING OF RULES TO ALLOW COMMERCIAL BANKS TO PLEDGE

RISKY ASSETS TO SECURE HIGH QUALITY CENTRAL BANK FUNDS.

SO FAR CENTRAL BANKS HAVE ONLY BEEN PREPARED TO LEND GOVERNMENT SECURITIES AGAINST PLUMMETING MORTGAGE ASSETS, BUT THE SITUATION IS EXPECTED TO GROW EXPLOSIVE IN THE COMING WEEKS.

AS MAJOR BANKS, INSURERS AND OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS

AROUND THE WORLD ARE HIT BY SPIRALLING DERIVATIVE LOSSES AND

COLLAPSING COLLATERAL VALUATIONS, CENTRAL BANKS WILL RUN OUT

OF HIGH QUALITY GOVERNMENT SECURITIES.

AT THAT POINT THE NEXT DESPERATE MOVES OF WESTERN GOVERNMENTS

AND CENTRAL BANKS ARE EXPECTED TO BE

1) A COLOSSAL BAILOUT SCHEME FOR LARGE SCALE OUTRIGHT PURCHASES

OF MORTGAGE SECURITIES, FUNDED BY STRAIGHTFORWARD CREATION OF

CURRENCY WHICH WILL IGNITE A DEADLY HYPERINFLATIONARY PRICE SPIRAL IN VIRTUALLY EVERY COMMODITY ON THE PLANET AND SKYROCKETING LONG TERM BOND YIELDS WHICH WILL FURTHER COMPOUND DERIVATIVE LOSSES WORLDWIDE.

2) DRACONIAN CAPITAL AND EXCHANGE CONTROLS

3) CONFISCATION OF PRECIOUS METALS

PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT FINANCIAL HOLDINGS OF ANY KIND, BUT IN

PARTICULAR GOLD AND SILVER BULLION, BY MOVING THEM AWAY FROM

THE USA, UK AND THE EURO AREA SHOULD BE RUSHED TO COMPLETION

AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

cgnao, 2008:

3) CONFISCATION OF PRECIOUS METALS

That's a real risk...

Alongside the real risk of Confiscation of Bank deposits (and other property)

That's a real risk...

Alongside the real risk of Confiscation of Bank deposits (and other property)

To confiscate bullion, people would first have to own some. Most don't (maybe they did not listen enough to the Pied Piper...). :)

Also, so much easier to give a haircut to electronic bank accounts. Much easier as well to heavily tax property (can't be moved, you recently explained, that's also why it's called an "Immobilie" in German). Gold is possibly too elusive nowadays. And silver will stay under the radar anyway.

Call me Silverfinger.

...Much easier as well to heavily tax property (can't be moved, you recently explained, that's also why it's called an "Immobilie" in German). Gold is possibly too elusive nowadays. And silver will stay under the radar anyway.

Call me Silverfinger.

Haha.

Yes, we agree about property.

(I think the foreigners buying in the UK now may get a big shock someday. We have had one in HK.)

Also I think we are in a buying window now for Gold and Silver

People would resist attempts by government to confiscate Gold, but that may not stop them any more than

protest in Cyprus can stop what is happening there - Though I hope it does

To confiscate bullion, people would first have to own some. Most don't (maybe they did not listen enough to the Pied Piper...). :)

Also, so much easier to give a haircut to electronic bank accounts. Much easier as well to heavily tax property (can't be moved, you recently explained, that's also why it's called an "Immobilie" in German). Gold is possibly too elusive nowadays. And silver will stay under the radar anyway.

Call me Silverfinger.

Also much easier to close out ETF's, convert into fiat. I wonder how hard it would be to confiscate BV or GM? For eg the US vs Swiss banks was a piece of cake?

• 1 month later...

cgnao,

Any comments on Gold's move yesterday ?

From Bottom (GLD-$130.85 x10.36 = $1355.61) to Top (GLD-$135.32 x10.36 = $1401.92)

... was $46.31

Cgnao might like this story:

Why Japan Is Bad For The World - by James Gruber , May 17 2013 11:22AM

The other interesting action of the past week has been in Japan's bond markets. Japanese government bonds (JGBs) have had a spectacular sell-off over the past week. Yields on 10-year JGBs rose by half of its value at one stage. This was despite buying from the Bank of Japan (BoJ) of government bonds ranging from 1 to 10 years to the tune of 1.2 trillion yen (US$120 million).

==

(hit: 2,900)

MORE on those pesky JGB's

BX:TMBMKJP-10YJapan / 10 Year Government Bond (TPSD) ... update : 10days

53934215.gif

JGBs slip as Japanese economy improves, stocks surge

Why BOJ Was Right Not to Talk Up Bonds

CNBC.com - ‎6 minutes ago‎

The Bank of Japan (BOJ) ended a two-day meeting on Wednesday, taking some market participants by surprise with a decision not to take any steps to ease heightened uncertainty in bond markets following the radical monetary policy it unveiled last month.

GLOBAL DEPRESSION "Trigger Mechanism": Collapse of Japanese Govt Bonds

Here it comes, boys and girls...collapse of the Japanese bond market after a decade + half of austerity,

low birth rates, ugly women, and BAAAAAAD sushi.

==

: http://www.godlikepr...sage2241019/pg1

[link to www.zerohedge.com]

Japanese Bond Market Halted At Open As Bond Selling Purge Goes Global

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 05/22/2013 20:18

Japanese government bonds (JGB) futures have been halted once again this evening as the market opens down over 1 point...

. . .

Today's jump in 10Y yields continues the post-BoJ regime of greater-than-six-sigma moves... something no risk model can withstand for three weeks. Just a good job the BoJ didn't have anything at all to say about this totally disorderly fiasco yesterday.

av-1894.jpg?_r=0 ... NOT !

- posted by OCCAM'S RAZOR

A "Religious" CGNAO ? : Rev. Lindsay Williams

MP3 : http://www.americanfreedomradio.com/archive/Vinny-Eastwood-32k-051413.mp3

05/14/2013 : Tuesday on the Vinny Eastwood show : archive

mqdefault.jpg

- Chaplain Lindsey Williams : http://www.prophecyclub.com

All new revelations about the Elite's plan for the global economic collapse, they can't collapse it now but in a few years they will be ready to implode the global financial system and spark a depression that makes the last great depression look like boom times. The only paper assets you might want to invest in is a stockpile of toilet paper!

Highlights - "New info from his elite pals"

===

+ The elites were surprised at how Americans reacted to Sandy Hook by buying more guns

( This gives Williams hope that Americans may yet "win", and beat the elites.)

+ The elites may speed speed up their plans of currency destruction, because Americans are waking up so fast.

But they are NOT yet ready, because people are not indebted and dependent enough yet. Then the collapse of

the Derivatives market will be used to trigger a global currency collapse.

+ The transition to Obamacare may trigger another powerful reaction by the average American - the elites fear

+ Cyprus was planned months in advance, to grab "black" money from wealthy Russians, now they will have to borrow

+ Other countries are planned targets for similar programs: NZ, Japan, maybe Australia

+ Their plan is not to destroy America, NZ, Aust, etc., but to TAKE IT OVER, by saving people from the mess they created

+ Gold has hit bottom, and is going to go to $3,000; and Silver to $75 probably

(They had hoped to frighten "the little person" out of gold and silver.)

+ The Comex may be bankrupt (some think)

• 2 weeks later...

Another Derivatives WARNING : from Nesara's Tom Henegan

===========================

At this hour, world financial markets face total meltdown as the euro denominated JPMorgan-Deutsche Bank derivatives have been illegally cross-collateralized with the assistance of the Bank of Japan and are about to go hybrid.

This will lead to the total collapse of worldwide bond and stock markets sending interest rates through the roof.

Note: The new European banking agreement aka Basel III now require full disclosure of banking derivatives before any bank can write new derivatives, accordingly, JPMorgan Chase had to protect their old derivatives by writing new illegal cross-collateralized derivatives with the assistance of the Bank of Japan and the Deutsche Bank.

The carrying charges are now escalating and making the cost of this latest money laundry very expense.

===

/source; http://nesaranews.bl...lip-attack.html

WATCH... Geared Financial etfs (??)

FAZ / Direxion Financials Bear 3x ETF (v: 6,458,620) ... update

89298336.gif

TMV / Direxion 20 year Treasury Bear 3x ETF (v: 749,958) ... update

xx

JGBD / 3x Inverse Japanese Govt Bond ETN (v: 115,017) ... update

xx

• 8 months later...

This was less than a year ago, but looks so different from where we are now.

So did CGNAO get it wrong with his "100% hyperinflationary meltdown, guaranteed"? Is it deflation all the way now?

I don't think so.

There are some signs of inflation stirring again...

Here's Gold- vs: CRB and DBA ... update

GLDetc.gif

=

• 4 weeks later...

This was less than a year ago, but looks so different from where we are now.

So did CGNAO get it wrong with his "100% hyperinflationary meltdown, guaranteed"? Is it deflation all the way now?

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

I expect that five years' worth of freshly minted electronically-created money from out of nowhere will eventually filter down into higher food and fuel prices. I suspect that these things take many years to play out though, and only end in brief and violent economic turmoils.

Revolutions started in the middle east with the Arab spring. Now, they're on the periphery of Europe with bloodshed in Ukraine. America, whilst still hugely in debt, at least still controls the world's reserve currency, has massive agricultural capacity and is potentially capable of becoming energy-independent.

I think severe inflation is still a big potential problem in Europe; the Euro won't survive that. When people start getting cold and hungry they'll vote in the same thickies who advocate money-printing to mitigate the damage done by, er, money-printing. And to do that will require a break-up of the Euro.

Interesting times.

• 9 months later...

abba2.jpg

bump

The Surprising Victory of the Paper Bugs

=

BONDS UBER ALLES this year -- whodathunkit?

TLT (Bonds) vs. other assets ... 2014-update

TLT-etc2_zps1717be96.gif

So many people, like the Jim Willies of the world, were talking about what a bust binds would be.

(Someone should send the Jackass this chart - with a note: "Hey, what happened, Jim?)

=

• 6 years later...
On 3/12/2014 at 5:05 PM, THEBIGMAN said:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

I expect that five years' worth of freshly minted electronically-created money from out of nowhere will eventually filter down into higher food and fuel prices. I suspect that these things take many years to play out though, and only end in brief and violent economic turmoils.

Revolutions started in the middle east with the Arab spring. Now, they're on the periphery of Europe with bloodshed in Ukraine. America, whilst still hugely in debt, at least still controls the world's reserve currency, has massive agricultural capacity and is potentially capable of becoming energy-independent.

I think severe inflation is still a big potential problem in Europe; the Euro won't survive that. When people start getting cold and hungry they'll vote in the same thickies who advocate money-printing to mitigate the damage done by, er, money-printing. And to do that will require a break-up of the Euro.

Interesting times.

I'm gonna give myself a 80% accurate prediction on that one as Evergrande defaults, Russia masses its forces on the Ukraine border and Iran goes nuclear. Didn't predict covid-19 though, and the EU seems to be happy with Deutschland footing the bill. For now... tsk... tsk...