Sign in to follow this  
callmejoe

Bhutan To Be First Country to Go 100% Organic

If there was ever a nation that could see the purpose behind organic, sustainable farming, it would be a nation that is composed mostly of farmers. Such a place does exist, and it soon may be the first nation to go 100% organic, paving the way for others to do the same on a global scale.

The Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan is known for a high level of citizen happiness, but it is doing something even more noteworthy in the near future.

. . .

no GMO, no pesticides, no herbicides, no fluoride-based spray products, no Monsanto intrusion at all,

and a whole lot of high quality food available for the 700,000 citizens of Bhutan.

Read more: http://naturalsociet.../#ixzz2LaCECSsC

THIS policy is mainly just Keeping Monsanto OUT

This is in sharp contrast to India’s farming community, which has been shafted by Monsanto and subsequently nicknamed the ‘suicide belt‘ due to the rampant suicides that can be blamed in part by Monsanto-induced financial ruin.

Australian adviser to Bhutan, Andre Leu, explains:

“I don’t think it’s going to be that difficult given that the majority of the agricultural land is already organic by default.”

Now that is great news amongst all the doom and gloom.

I farm organicly and help provide good, nutricious and uncontiminated food for around 100 families.

BTW: Our yields are just as good as your average 'conventional' farmer. In fact, their yields are failing slightly year-on-year mainly due to over use of nitrates.

Now that is great news amongst all the doom and gloom.

I farm organicly and help provide good, nutricious and uncontiminated food for around 100 families.

BTW: Our yields are just as good as your average 'conventional' farmer. In fact, their yields are failing slightly year-on-year mainly due to over use of nitrates.

Good one, tinecu !

You will have many new friends (possible customers?) in Bhutan

I presume you have no use for Monsanto