Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

BULLISH GOLD? - But only If "the 480 MA holds", that is...

That's bold.

I have plenty, but I might add more

What are your main reasons, if you don't mind me asking?

Reasons for what?

Going into gold and silver in a big way?

The metals look very undervalued. The mining stocks are risky as they can go bust but they're a levered play, though some are paying divvys so they can't be all bad.

CEF is at a discount so I get the metals even cheaper and PSLV because that's how I can buy silver with my SIPP money. HGM is for the yield. Also, I think that people won't look at it because of all this rubbish propaganda against Russia. So when people realise they've been had, I'd expect a very good re-rating of HGM. And if gold goes up significantly as people like to fantasise, it could do a Peter Hambro and go for a full listing which will also be good for the share price. FNV and CEF are my gold plays - I'm mainly concentrating on silver. AG is just a bit of fun money as I like their CEO's attitude.

If the suppression of gold and silver ends, my family and I should make good money.

I feel we can take this concentrated risk because my partner has oodles of cash in building societies and National Savings. We have no debt. Partner has a decent pension. Older child has a job lined up in Sept after uni. Younger one has 2 more years of school with uni to come - we have the cash set aside and my partner thinks the student loan deal to be quite acceptable. So yup, as a family unit, the risk is acceptable and manageable.

I've been lazy and not bothered to find out which mining stocks have sold their metal forward. Maybe you might like to start a thread on that.

Also, I'm a Clif High devotee. His timing is crap but I still expect his forecasts on gold and silver to come true, hopefully this year......

OKay thanks.

Your reasons make sense

It is good to have reasons, apart from just a chart

But they can help with timing and confirmation

Another point with CEF and PSLV is that they'll go to premiums over NAV when gold and silver become wildly popular again - so there's some gearing there over just holding the bullion.