Favorite Silver Stocks - hit by "tax selling" / Candidates?

Favorite Silver Stocks -

Old title: Fav. Silver stocks, hit by "tax selling" / Candidates?

================

I might do a little year end tax-oriented buying over the next few days.  And I am especially watching Silver stocks, which could perform well, if Silver rises off a bottom here.

What are your favorites?

Off the top of my head, I have: FR.t, EDR.t, GPR.t ...

Are there more silver stocks that GEI-ers are looking at ?

=====

Live-charts : http://uk.advfn.com/...php3?id=9688630

GPR & Old List : http://uk.advfn.com/...php3?id=9776696

Symb. Company======= Price Shs.OS C$MktCap

----- Mexgold....... $

KBR.t Kimber Resour. $1.55 xxx.xM $ xx.xMn 1194080

FR.v- First Majestic $2.06 xxx.xM $ xx.xMn 995535

EDR.v Endeavour Silv $2.20 xxx.xM $ xx.xMn 1818814

SPM.v Scorpio Mining $0.55 xxx.xM $ xx.xMn 168177

MAG.v MAG Silver.... $0.79 xxx.xM $ xx.xMn 1433255

SRY.v Stingray...... $0.59 xxx.xM $ xx.xMn 1583898

GGC.v Genco Res..... $0.79 xxx.xM $ xx.xMn 102726

MMN.ax MacMin Slvr $0.25 xxx.xM $ xx.xMn 46596

TM.v- Tumi Resources $0.43 xxx.xM $ xx.xMn 1605773

CNU.v Continuum Res. $0.23 xxx.xM $ xx.xMn 147979

GPR.v Great Panther. $0.48 xxx.xM $ xx.xMn 1563128

TOP 10... The world's largest silver mines in 2019

Only around 30% of annual supply comes from primary silver mines while more than a third is produced at lead/zinc operations and a further 20% from copper mines. The polymetallic ore deposits from which silver are recovered account for more than two-thirds of the world’s silver resources.

We looked at the world’s top 10 mining operations producing silver that are separate reporting units and which have recent mined silver figures disclosed by the owners/operators.

Largest silver producing operations in the world – 2019

Vlad_0201_2.jpg

> source: https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-02-01/The-world-s-largest-silver-mines-in-2019.html

FR.t / First Majestic Silver Corp. (TOR) ... update / latest: $19.98 - $0.23

75397861.gif

EDR.t / Endeavour Silver Corp. (TOR) ... update / latest: $ 7.70 + $0.01

edr.gif

GPR.t / Great Panther Silver Ltd. (TOR) ... update : 12mos / latest: $ 1.53 +$0.02

gpr.gif

SVL.t / Silvercrest Mines Inc. (CVE) ... update / latest: $ 2.32 + $ 0.06

svl.gif

===

On a day when we are seeing...

SLV / iShares Silver Trust (ETF) ... update / latest: $ 29.08 +$0.08

=== ===

I already bought some shares in one of the above.

Some more ideas that I heard were: KBR, BCM, MSV, OK

On 12/22/2012 at 2:02 AM, jalil said:

You can add:

===

Tahoe resources... THO

Silver Standard....SSO

Aurcana....AUN

Hi i am new here, hello everybody

Welcome, Jalil. & thanks for the ideas.

I have owned: SSO in the past, and made money on it. Not familiar with the others

Have you been lurking here for a while?

On 12/22/2012 at 2:35 AM, jalil said:

Hi DrBubb,

yes i was lurking for a while, since the HPC website..., didnt have the courage to register, i am the kind of sit on the backseat watch/listen...

but would like to share ideas and topics

Great to have you aboard.

Silver stocks look timely to me just now!

Here's a real Silver Bull, who may help "stoke the fire" for these stocks...

sleeb_245x200.jpg

Dr. Stephen Leeb

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dr. Stephen Leeb: Chairman & Chief Investment Officer of Leeb Capital Management - Dr. Leeb is a registered investment advisor and has been managing big cap growth portfolios since 1999. Over the last...

More...

Podcast MP3 : http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2012/12/6_Dr._Stephen_Leeb_files/Stephen%20Leeb%2012%3A6%3A2012.mp3

Leeb also had a shocking forecast in terms of future silver demand: “Silver is not just a medium of exchange. It has a longer history as a medium of exchange than even gold, but it’s much more than that. So when I talk about photovoltaics, I’m talking about just one use of this incredible metal. But this one use, by my calculations, will consume an inordinate amount of silver within the next five to seven years.

I’m talking about the need for 700 gigs of photovoltaics between now and 2020. The amount of silver that we are going to need just for photovoltaics will amount to 30% of all the world’s yearly supply. In other words we will need 30% of those tons (of world silver production) just for this one use. By 2020, the amount that we will need (is a staggering) 50% of the world’s (yearly silver) mine supply.

Now consider the fact that silver is also used for all of these other industrial uses, investment (purposes), jewelry, and so many other kinds of applications. There is no way I can see of connecting these dots (in terms of silver supply). I would stock up on silver.

Governments will soon wake up and realize we can’t let people hold silver as an investment because it’s just too valuable. Governments will have to close down the silver market. What this means is that the silver mines will have a tremendous premium placed on them.

. . . There really are very few dedicated silver mines. Silver usually comes as a byproduct of zinc, copper, gold, lead. There are very few mines that produce primarily silver. These stocks, in my opinion, I don’t what to put a number on it because I think the people in white coats will come and carry me off. But I just cannot connect the dots without seeing silver surge beyond what anyone really has in mind.”

"Leeb's favorite stock is Silver Wheaton( SLW - news- people), "

a Canadian mining company that buys the stream of silver from other mining companies like Barrick Gold ( ABX - news-people).

- 2/ 2010 article, Forbes : Link

My two favourite silver stocks are Silver Wheaton and First Majestic. SLW has a great business model and is the lower risk way to get silver exposure, whilst FR has great management and growth prospects. Here are write ups on both, which sums them up pretty well:

http://commodityshares.net/silver-wheaton-lower-risk-silver-exposure/

http://commodityshares.net/first-majestic-silver-growth-stock/

I still can't believe how bombed out the gold and silver stocks are but don't think this can last forever!

First Majestic Silver Shares Up 83.8% Since SmarTrend's Buy Recommendation (FRMSF)

TMC Net - 77 Minutes ago

(SmarTrend® Spotlight via COMTEX) -- SmarTrend identified an Uptrend for First Majestic Silver (NASDAQ:FRMSF) on October 29th, 2010 at $7.54. In approximately 26 months, First Majestic Silver has returned

Not silver, but gold...

I bought a few shares in this one:

OOO.v / Otis Gold Corp. ... update

oooqp.gif

I participated in a placement at 20 cents, and then sold half at 25 cents.

and now have just bought them back at 13 cents.

At $0.135 cents:

MARKET CAP: $ 6.78 m on:  SHARES OUT: 50,228,782

=====

About the Company : OOO-website

Otis is a resource company focused on the acquisition, exploration, and development of precious metal deposits in Idaho, USA. Otis is currently developing its flagship property, the Kilgore Gold Project, located in Clark County, Idaho.

• 8 months later...

Bump.... or thud,

Dr B most of the stocks mentioned on this thread are badly beaten down, despite odd little bounces of late.

So would there really be any year end tax selling candidates, unless taking losses? Do you have any favourites for a year end bounce either way

It may be to early to start talking about year-end selling.

I think it is best to wait until mid-October, at the earliest

• 7 years later...
TOP 10... The world's largest silver mines in 2019

Only around 30% of annual supply comes from primary silver mines while more than a third is produced at lead/zinc operations and a further 20% from copper mines. The polymetallic ore deposits from which silver are recovered account for more than two-thirds of the world’s silver resources.

We looked at the world’s top 10 mining operations producing silver that are separate reporting units and which have recent mined silver figures disclosed by the owners/operators.

Largest silver producing operations in the world – 2019

Vlad_0201_2.jpg

> source: https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-02-01/The-world-s-largest-silver-mines-in-2019.html

GPR : from Jan.2016 / 10yr: 5yr: 3yr: 1yr: 10d / Last: $1.24 +0.18, +17.0%

DdGAGj7.gif

Great Panther says it has successfully extended Tucano's mine life

Kitco News |

(Kitco News) - Great Panther Mining (TSX: GPR) (NYSE-A: GPL) said today it filed a technical report supporting the company's updated mineral reserve and mineral resource estimate for its Tucano Mine in Brazil.

Great Panther Mining (TSX: GPR) (NYSE-A: GPL) said today it filed a technical report supporting the company's updated mineral reserve and mineral resource estimate for its Tucano Mine in Brazil.

In 2019 total gold recovered at the mine was 123,867 ounces.

"Our 2020 exploration programs were successful in extending the existing open pit mine life at Tucano and adding significant resources to our mineral inventory for the Guanajuato Mine Complex", stated Rob Henderson, president and CEO. "2021 will represent a significant increase in our exploration efforts with a planned record of 90,000 metres of drilling representing a $13 million investment. 

"Our key objectives will be to continue to extend the Tucano open pit mine life, further prove up the underground with a view to extending the high-grade zones, and make meaningful inroads into key targets in the expansive Tucano regional land package. Building on our 2020 exploration success in Mexico will also be a key focus for this year."

In 2019 Great Panther suffered workplace accidents and production problems. In the spring of 2020 Rob Henderson was appointed CEO. Former Goldcorp head David Garofalo was appointed chair.

• 2 weeks later...

===

Date ET Symbol Price Type Headline
2021-02-05 07:28 C:GPR 1.07 In the News Globe says "plenty" of upside seen at Great Panther
2021-02-02 23:05 C:GPR 1.09 News Release Great Panther files amended NI 43-101 report for Tucano
2021-01-29 08:48 C:GPR 1.05 News Release Great Panther to drill 90,000 metres in 2021

===