Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

2015 is arriving... NOW (If Christ was born earlier)

2015 is arriving... NOW maybe

Jesus was born years earlier than thought, claims Pope

The entire Christian calendar is based on a miscalculation, the Pope has declared, as he claims in a new book that Jesus was born several years earlier than commonly believed.

pope_2405414b.jpg

The 'mistake' was made by a sixth century monk known as Dionysius Exiguus or in English Dennis the Small, the 85-year-old pontiff claims in the book 'Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives', published on Wednesday.

"The calculation of the beginning of our calendar – based on the birth of Jesus – was made by Dionysius Exiguus, who made a mistake in his calculations by several years," the Pope writes in the book, which went on sale around the world with an initial print run of a million copies.

"The actual date of Jesus's birth was several years before."

The assertion that the Christian calendar is based on a false premise is not new – many historians believe that Christ was born sometime between 7BC and 2BC.

===

/more: http://www.telegraph...laims-Pope.html

PBS - Frontline Documentary

"From Jesus to Christ: The First Christians" tells the epic story of the rise of Christianity. The four hours explore the life and death of Jesus, and the men and women whose belief, conviction, and martyrdom created the religion we now know as Christianity.

Chapter 1: What can we really know about the life of Jesus? Archaeologists must sift the clues, scholars must decode the stories told by his first followers.

Isn't it great that we have a pope who works so hard at methodically correcting all the little historical inaccuracies in the Bible. I would not be happy following a religion where all the facts were no so meticulously and rigorously checked.

Haha.

Makes one a bit suspicious somehow- what's he doing ?

Zeitgeist had a long and convincing section about the large number of ancient gods and deities with a very similar life story, born on Christmas Day, three wise men etc. It appears that a lot of gods as well as Jesus are representations of the sun.

Krishna and Jesus share a lot of detail. Anatoly T Fomenko writes about many stories that are analogous to Jesus. He asserts Jesus was born in 1158 or so. A lot later than the pope suggests.

Krishna and Jesus share a lot of detail. Anatoly T Fomenko writes about many stories that are analogous to Jesus. He asserts Jesus was born in 1158 or so. A lot later than the pope suggests.

There are loads of Jesus-y figures littered throughout history. Similarly loads of Antichrist-y figures. There will be more of each to come. Just part of the Human Condition and the process of application of subjecting consciousness to itself. We are weird beings.

I just wonder if this ex-Nazi elderly Pope's dementia has kicked in, and he's just been subjected to a viewing of Back to the Future 2 whilst his associates spiked his holy water with LSD. A doped Pope!

Zeitgeist had a long and convincing section about the large number of ancient gods and deities with a very similar life story, born on Christmas Day, three wise men etc. It appears that a lot of gods as well as Jesus are representations of the sun.

Yep, it's essentially the winter solstice. Simples ;)

(oh, and the pagans were one of the 1st to figure it out :rolleyes: )

Speaking about time running out, the recent statement by the pope that the church does not know the birthday of Jesus Christ and that Christmas was timed to coincide with a pagan solar new year’s festival, could be very significant. The pope also said Christ was probably born a few years earlier than the Christian calendar year 0. This may mean the Vatican has agreed to the idea of starting a new world calendar and turning December 25th, 2012 into January 1st of the year 0. We shall soon find out.

===

/Ben Fulford: http://americankabuk...2-purge-of.html

Does it matter if or when he was born? What gives? Halloween/Samhain was the old New Years Eve/Day. But so what? Just about every asian culture is different, too. So what? New Year begins on everyones birthday. But so what? It doesn't matter. Far more important things to think about...like what's for dinner, any work lined up, tie the knot, have a kid, will shale oil save the world from Peak Oil, will Japan have a brush with hyperinflation, is the dollar in a bull market, is my mother in law coming for tea...zzz

Apart from the tree and kids faces when they open their pressies, the thrill of a bit of snow and a couple of old hymns which you just happen to like the tune of, Christmas is a load of consumer dung. Mince pies and cream though, are delicious around an open fire and frosted windows. Come on Chrimbo!

HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS OF DEC. 25 FOR BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST!

I prepared these notes on Dec. 1, 2012 showing the historical documents that show that Jesus Christ would apparently be born Dec. 25 according to the first Church Fathers of Christianity after Christ and the Apostles. By the way, they did not call themselves Church Fathers, but later historians gave them this label to denote that they were the recognized prestigious leaders of first Christianity and judged by the Christians then to be the successors to the Apostles of Jesus Christ.

For example, St. Polycarp who left us writings was personally ordained by the Apostle of Jesus Christ St. John the Divine who wrote the Book of Revelation around 90 A.D. Also, Bishop Polycarp had met several of the Apostles of Jesus Christ while they were still alive and a number of the 500 witnesses who saw Jesus after His crucifixation and then resurrection from the grave and then ascension into heaven to sit at the right hand of God the Father. Bishop Polycarp was probably the most prestigious bishop in the Roman Empire because he was the last person alive who had talked to some of the Apostles of Jesus Christ and to some of the 500 witnesses who saw Jesus alive after being crucified. The legal ward that Bishop Polycarp raised was the youth Irenaeus later Bishop and then Irenaeus trained Bishop Hippolytus who wrote the Threatise on Christ And Antichrist a little after 200 A.D. This was an unbroken chain of Apostolic teachers from St. John the Divine to Bishop Hippolytus who then explained that part of Matthew 24 is a deliberate play upon words so the heretics and enemies of Christianity will not understand what Matthew 24 is really predicting there. The eagle Christians go to where the "fall" occurred which is where Adam fell in the Garden of Eden. Some Bible scholars seem confused today and do not know that first Christianity explained that Paradise was the word given in the Bible for the Garden of Eden where Adam and Eve were expelled from. Bishop Hippolytus is teaching what the Apostle St. John the Divine taught about Matthew 24, Revelation, etc. in Bible prophecy in the New Testament. I certainly trust what Bishop Hippolytus would say about Bible prophecy more than critics of his in our century who despise the Christian writings left to us by the first successors to the Apostles of Jesus Christ.

I was going to fix this report on last Sunday on Dec. 25 as the apparent historical date for the birth of Jesus Christ according to the first writings of Christianity left us by the trained successors to the Apostles of Jesus Christ. My computer which works fine refused to run on Sunday. I had a friend with me. His computer would not work on Sunday. We were shut down so I could not start this report on Sunday and he could not do his planned research work on Sunday.

. . .

My position on Dec. 25 appears correct according to the first historical records of Christianity and also according to a number of items in the New Testament and also the Old Testament. But that would take a book to use all the references I could to show why I judge my position correct according to the Bible. So like Martin Luther I now state, "Here I stand! I cannot! I will not recant!" When truth is involved folks, I will stand my ground as emotions do not change my position, only sound facts and sound logic which I have not seen from the other side over this Dec. 25 issue!

===

/more: http://nesaranews.bl...-those-who.html