So is all this metals/mining stuff a bubble then?

Hi

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle1350434.ece

I have read a few articles like this recently. I do not invest in this area. Are people right to call a bubble?

Well, it's not gone as high as last year yet but these commoditites sure to ride up and down like they are a roller coaster (I have a little invested in gold but not enough that I will jump off 5 stories if it tanks...)

• 4 weeks later...

This is far from a bubble.

India and China notwithstanding.

Keep an eye on moly, tungston, indium and other rare earths, nickel, copper, and uranium.

Also magnesium and cobalt.

Then check the history of new mines worldwide coming on-stream over the last ten years.

The industry lost two decades of development.

Regards

Jim Eckford

CEO

Minegate, Inc.

Hi

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle1350434.ece

I have read a few articles like this recently. I do not invest in this area. Are people right to call a bubble?

This is far from a bubble.

India and China notwithstanding.

Could you expand on this? India, China, metals, commodities, they are so interlinked that as we have seen this week when the market gets the jitters about China, they all fall. If there is a major correction in China, I find it difficult to see how commodities and metals would not be part of it, except gold and maybe silver (and related companies).

Mining- esp. Gold & Silver - have a long way to go IMHO.

Why? The shares are NOT widely owned. The average investor stayed away,

and the sector continues to be rubbished by much of the mainstream commentators.

How many people do you knbow who are IN the sector?

Compare that with the Internet sector in 1999-2000. Before thsi is done, I think we will see

widespread participation like we did in TMT stocks in early 2000.

That doesnt rule out a big correction before we get there

Hi Dr

The Chinese markets are the wild west and I'm surprised that markets in Toronto and New York reacted as they did. Shanghi was only down 9% in one day and recovered 50% the next day.

The impact on the TSX Thursday was nothing compared to the meltdown in 1989 and by next Wednesday will back up to average 2007 numbers.

If you want a one on one regarding world mining, contact me directly.

minegate@lincsat.com

Regards

Jim Eckford

CEO

Minegate, Inc

Could you expand on this? India, China, metals, commodities, they are so interlinked that as we have seen this week when the market gets the jitters about China, they all fall. If there is a major correction in China, I find it difficult to see how commodities and metals would not be part of it, except gold and maybe silver (and related companies).

Archived