Sign in to follow this  
Peppa Pig

AAL

I let this one slip by. I have just looked at this and I make it worth over 36.00. It's currently trading at about 20.00.

I wish had seen this before I committed all my cash.

I let this one slip by. I have just looked at this and I make it worth over 36.00. It's currently trading at about 20.00.

I wish had seen this before I committed all my cash.

What ticker is that? On marketwatch it comes up as Anglo American in the UK or Auracle Resources in Canada...?

EDIT - I see now it's Anglo American you're referring to, just over 20.

AAL.png

Using volume profile you can see that over the last five years a lot of volume has traded around the 2050 level, although 2300 is the level where most of the trade has taken place and indeed that level has provided support on a number of occasions. Just from a price perspective a clearance of 2300 (with maybe a retest of that level) ought to be a good entry point.

Chart using prorealtime.com (it's free for end of day data)

Interesting to see the techial complementing the value approach here.

I go on the numbers and if the numbers are good then I make the assumption that company CEOs know what they're doing. And this includes the corporate action you mention.

Regarding dividends. My feeling on dividends goes like this. The purpose of dividends is to return money to shareholders that the company cannot invest meaningfully. This can also be achieved with stock buybacks. Dividends are associated with quality because mature companies have reached growth limits and now must remit earnings in larger proportion in order to keep unproductive assets from the balance sheet. Paying a dividend for any other reason makes no sense and would be a warning to me that the company is attempting to create a false impression.

My value model regards equity and dividend as equal.

I have not looked at billion yet. Sorry.

The term postmodern is normally applied to works of art, fiction and films. Even the odd computer game such as metal gear solid 2 that I have talked so much about. However, I find the term postmodern fits our current financial paradigm rather well, pejorative as it might be in this case.